• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2013 Fort Worth Classic - SoCal Rep Possible! - July 20th, 2013 - Fort Worth, TX

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Event #1 == HOBO 39
Event #2 == Who's Tyler 4
Event #3 == HOBO 40
Event #5 == Forth Worth Classics

What're we missing here
Should I host again like in June?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Dude no. The road to whobo is all over with cause I cancelled it. June was supposed to be Nike but he cancelled. Sanji is actually #4 and not 5. Once his event is done, it's all done.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Dude no. The road to whobo is all over with cause I cancelled it. June was supposed to be Nike but he cancelled. Sanji is actually #4 and not 5. Once his event is done, it's all done.
Yeah, I posted under the assumption that Nike would have an event and post the thread right before me, hence the five, not the four. When I made the AiB thread, I actually named it the final event in the road.

Mattyb4

Smash Rookie
Since this would be my first tournament, I'm unfamiliar with what I need to do in order to participate. Can anyone who can afford the entry fee sign up and play? Sorry for the noob post.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
There is no skill level requirement, if that is what you are asking. If you can afford the venue and the entry fees, you can play. Even better, bring a setup, and I will knock $5 off the venue fee.

Mattyb4

Smash Rookie
Essentially yes, that's what I was asking haha. Thanks a lot, I hope to make it and I'll see what I can do about a setup.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Anyone is always welcome at any tournament, unless otherwise specified by the tournament thread(like if they were doing a power ranking tourney for a certain location or an invite only tourney)

other than that every host basically agrees "the more the merrier!"

Tesh

Smash Hero
so uh..is anyone housing for this? I can only assume houston will have 5-15 people coming

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I need to know housing. If no one is going to bring me, I'm fine if I don't go then I'll go to low tier city. So don't think you have to get me.

Oracle

Smash Master
I dont really play brawl but I can open my doors to a few houston players if nobody else will.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Major Event Changes!!!!!

Project M has, as of 7am Central time this morning, been officially canceled. My reasoning for this is quite simple, I have been forced into a corner by, what appears to be a national brewing in the area for the week after(27th and 28th) that will only do Project M. I can not in good conscious allow two Project M events to go on in two consecutive weeks in one city.

Please understand that this was a painful call to make, and this was one that I did not take lightly.

So What Does That Mean Moving Forward?

I will replace Project M with a traditional fighter or game. What that fighter would be is still up for discussion, but it would be exciting.

Please stay tuned for more updates.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
Well blast. The few of us that were coming around from S-Ville are all exclusively Project M players presently, so this kind of loses us. It is sad to see it go, but I can most certainly respect your decision. I'll update my tournament info post earlier in the thread to reflect my lack of participation. Perhaps once we've got a bit more of a diverse skillset we'll be able to join. Next year/time, maybe?

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
lets just do some crews :)
I'll do crews AND that traditional fighter to make up for the lack of Singles/Doubles Project M. Makes no sense not to waste anyone's time in bringing their set ups if we are not going to use them.

Well blast. The few of us that were coming around from S-Ville are all exclusively Project M players presently, so this kind of loses us. It is sad to see it go, but I can most certainly respect your decision. I'll update my tournament info post earlier in the thread to reflect my lack of participation. Perhaps once we've got a bit more of a diverse skillset we'll be able to join. Next year/time, maybe?
Yeah, sure. Don't let this cancellation mean to you that I have stopped supporting Project M in the slightest. I have offered a solution where the two tournaments could co-exist in the form of donating 2% of the total Project M pot to Low Tier City, however they[the people who post in the SW PM social] either didn't see it for days, or flat out ignored me, and that is what prompted my decision.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sure. Don't let this cancellation mean to you that I have stopped supporting Project M in the slightest. I have offered a solution where the two tournaments could co-exist in the form of donating 2% of the total Project M pot to Low Tier City, however they[the people who post in the SW PM social] either didn't see it for days, or flat out ignored me, and that is what prompted my decision.
I saw your question, but I thought you were just addressing the TOs of LTC. Does this mean that you will still have P:M brackets at future events that you host?

D

Deleted member

Soooo Idk if I even want to go to this. Like, with LTC the week after, I don't think my plans can be to go to both this and LTC. So I'm probably out of this.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I saw your question, but I thought you were just addressing the TOs of LTC. Does this mean that you will still have P:M brackets at future events that you host?
Yeah. I will hold Project M events in the future, but the timing of the LTC was ill timed. I told them that I was forced committed to this date due to the Road to WHOBO circuit, but they didn't listen to me apparently...

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
This is entertaining. Have fun you two...

Seriously, if you haven't been following the second post, I have formally announced yesterday that I have replaced Project M with Brawl Crews and Street Fighter IV AE to be played on Xbox. See the OP for more information and the updated rules.

MassiveMoo

Smash Rookie
If there were to be Smash 64 happening, I'd be there. And I might be able to bring friends.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Only if there is enough interest, AND if there is enough people present to form a bracket(8). The game is next to dead in my opinion in DFW, and I am not willing to scratch Street Fighter's second chance in my circuit for a classic game. No sir, it will be like WHOBO. If you want Smash 64 to happen, you have to make it happen.

Tesh

Smash Hero
whats the big deal eh? If they are willing to show up and pay venue why not just let them run a tournament regardless. They cans till do a round robin if only like 5 people show.

D

Deleted member

So since Dime 3 is on this date and LTC is the week after I definitely wont go to this

LOE1

Smash Lord
lmao at denti being scared of me :denzel:

but really, things arent really looking as good for me comming as it once was, money issues because of this and SKTAR2. I assure you, if i dont body you here, i will body you there.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
YES! I will enter smash 64!!

Also if there is interest and set ups could we put together a project m tournament? we just need 8 peeps right?
Sanji cancelled the Project M side event due to scheduling conflicts a few weeks ago. I don't know if he'd be willing to bring it back or not. If so, I'd be willing to help out with anything necessary.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Might as well run the gambit. Yes, Project M will come back. There will be a 32 man cap on a first come, first served basis. Ruleset will be the same as Low Tier City. Singles Only!

D

Deleted member

Dime 3 is being held on this date.
Grabbit wants P:M at it but idk.

Top Bottom