• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Shantae, cause she has more history, and I dread to imagine the memes and jokes that would occur from Sans' inclusion.

WYR have Dr. Eggman or Dr. Wily?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Star Wars: Jar Jar Binks, Marfalump from those Pepsi ads and this character I've never heard of but found on Google Images under "worst star wars characters" who looks like Earl from Dinosaurs:

WYR add a new Wario or Yoshi rep?

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
new wario rep.

also, that looks nothing like Earl from Dinosaurs. That looks like missing_image.jpg from the Forum Error series. Oh good, WWW fixed it.

WYR Big Smoke from that one GTA meme as an Assist Trophy OR as an easter egg character who runs the trophy shop from Smash 4?

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Lemmings

WYR have 2 echos and 1 new character revealed in the Direct, or no echos and just 2 new characters revealed?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
2 echoes and 1 new

WYR add a Mr. Krabs trophy (with no other mentions to anything SpongeBob or 4th Party in general except the trophy which is just sorta... there, and unquestioned) or add a snail as a playable character? (not a specific snail, just a real life snail)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Mr Krabs since his trophy would be fairly easy to make while a snail character would waste too much development time.

WYR have an assist trophy switch or a pokeball switch (so you choose who can come out of it)?

Yarael-BJ-Poof

Smash Cadet
Assist trophy

WYR have the entire direct today be false and instead they reveal a character you want but nothing else, or have the direct be true (which it is) but the game is delayed by six months?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
have the direct be true (which it is) but the game is delayed by six months

WYR cut Coin Battles or cut Stock Battles?

Subspace (with those sweet cinematics)

WYR have a character from Chrono Trigger or one of the Boss from the Megaman series

(bonus : which one?)

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I would want 4 DK Reps and I'd like to see Funky Kong as a DK echo.

WYR have 2 F-Zero Newcomers or 3 Kirby Newcomers?

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
I would want 4 DK Reps and I'd like to see Funky Kong as a DK echo.

WYR have 2 F-Zero Newcomers or 3 Kirby Newcomers?
3 kirby, easy.

WYR have a a new campaign like Subspace, or character specific target smash+a melee-like adventure mode?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
a new campaign like Subspace

WYR have a unique Victory Theme for Wolf or Mewtwo?

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
Unique Theme for Wolf

WYR have Fishing Rod item or the return of the Parasol?

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Fishing rod, I've no personal attachment to the Parasol myself.

WYR 02 (From Kirby), or Giratina Origin Form as a boss?

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Giratina Origin Form would be an EPIC BOSS!!!

On the Topic of Bosses, WYR have a Sonic series Boss or a Mega Man series Boss?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sonic, we already have Yellow Devil, right?
WYR have a Adventure Mode or all other modes returning?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Adventure Mode. less single player work for the devs, more time spent on balancing the already large roster.

WYR have Tails, but he's classed as part of his own separate universe, representing the Tails trilogy of games (Skypatrol, Adventure, Music Maker) with moves and animations based solely on those 3 other games and no other Sonic games, or add Tails as a Sonic Luigi-clone under the Sonic series and move Luigi into his own separate series with a new Mansion-based moveset?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Uh, second one?
WYR have Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee as Assist Trophies or Piranha Pete and Porky as bosses?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Petey Piranha and Porky as bosses

WYR have another Final Fantasy Protagonist playable or have a second Sonic Character playable?

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I'd choose the one for Mario

WYR change Sonic's Victory Theme to:

OR change Sonic's Victory Theme to this:
?

Yarael-BJ-Poof

Smash Cadet
More Kid Icarus items, I'm surprised they were able to pull of a FE item at all.

WYR have the Great Plateau Tower replaced with corrupted Hyrule Castle, or have New Donk City Hall replaced with the Inverted Pyramid?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Pettans.

Would you rather have PictoChat from Brawl in place of PictoChat 2 or Mushroom Kingdom from Melee in place of Mushroom Kingdom?

Garbage Cat

Smash Rookie
Leon. I don't know too much about Star Fox or Yooka-Laylee, but Yooka-Laylee don't look too aesthetically pleasing.

WYR have Undertale trophies or Undertale music in Ultimate?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Undertale Music

WYR have a Playable Undertale Character or an Undertale Assist Trophy?

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Assist Trophy. As amazing and successful that game is, it is still ultimately a recently released indie game that hasn’t stewed over as much as other games with representation. With the announcement of Shovel Knight, this would fit in a similar vein.

Would you rather a New Tournament Ruleset (added alongside Singles and Doubles) for Stamina Smash or Final Smash Meter?

UnknownM

Smash Cadet
Undertale.

Would you rather have the choice to add the character of your liking or bring back Subspace and Melee Adventure and Target Mode?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
add the character. Subspace may have had a cool plot, but it wasn't very fun to play.

WYR have Green Hill Zone changed to it's blue version from Tails and the Music Maker, complete with weird flowers
, or have Mario Bros. changed to look like it's port which was bundled with almost every GBA Mario game?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Mario Bros with GBA.

Would you rather have your most wanted new elemet be introduced but nothing more beyond what’s already confirmed, or have Sakurai announce something you really want between now and official release that isn’t in the final game?

You obviously wouldn’t know what the fake announcement is until you see the final game.

Top Bottom