• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I would rather they focus solely on multiplayer, if that truly means more multiplayer content and bigger commitment to balance.

WYR have Smash 5 keep the bright colorful aesthetic from Smash 4, or have it be a little more dark and realistic? (not as heavily as brawl was)

Last edited:

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
I feeling like 4 hit the sweetspot when It comes to graphics.

WYR have Ganondorf replaced by ganon with new moveset or Zelda be reworked as BotW Zelda with moveset that resembles the champions?

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
New Ganon. Easy.

WYR have the next Sega rep be NiGHTS or Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Nights... since i would like a night stage (although never managed to connect with night as games :/)
WYR have a character of your favorite dead franchise in smash? or a new game of said franchise that is at least decent, but not amazing?

(examples, morrigan aensland in smash or a new darkstalker game, simon belmont on smash, or a new proper castlevania game? etc...)

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Having a character of my favorite dead franchise in Smash for sure! I'd get Lip from Panel de Pon in.

Having your most wanted character in the game but there's no sfx or music at all in Smash Switch or getting the story mode of your dreams but with the removal of all your mains?

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Brawler costume Pikachu. It would bother me to see a Raichu that's the size of a Pikachu.

Would you rather have a Smash Switch roster that is 50% Nickelodeon characters or a Smash Switch roster that is 50% Cartoon Network characters?

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Nickelodeon... gives us SpongeBob, Neutron, Danny Phantom, Timmy Turner, Arnold, Catdog, Cow and Chicken, Rocko... --wait a minute!

I'm gonna stop there because I realized iCarly would be in.

Would you rather have ten good Pixar characters join or the five worst DreamWorks characters including that one?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Nickelodeon... gives us SpongeBob, Neutron, Danny Phantom, Timmy Turner, Arnold, Catdog, Cow and Chicken, Rocko... --wait a minute!

I'm gonna stop there because I realized iCarly would be in.

Would you rather have ten good Pixar characters join or the five worst DreamWorks characters including that one?
I mean probably the ten good characters over five bad characters. Could I do ten good Pixar characters for Smash? Actually that was remarkably easy to do. I started to list them and found myself having to debate cuts. So Pixar away. Let’s keep the cartoon theme going.

WYR five iconic Disney cartoon villains make it into Smash or five iconic Disney cartoon heroes?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Mewtwo but f**k

Would you rather have Crash Rayman Spyro and Simon Belmont added or have Bayonetta cut?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Excitebiker please. A Labo stage would be much better.

Playable Kiran or Breidablik as a new item to summon Fire Emblem characters?
Bredibak, because I have no idea what the first one is.

Would you rather have your most wanted character, or your second and 3rd most wanted characters?

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace

The Breidablik, would be able to filter FE representation.

WYR have Crash join the roster, but have your 5 favorite characters be cut, or have Shrek, Freddy Fazbear, and Spongebob join to save your mains?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Bredibak, because I have no idea what the first one is.

Would you rather have your most wanted character, or your second and 3rd most wanted characters?
2nd & 3rd for subconsciously exerting my agenda upon Sakurai!

A notable Gen I Pokémon or Gen VIII Pokémon?

(Curses, :4greninja:'d.)

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
2nd & 3rd for subconsciously exerting my agenda upon Sakurai!

A notable Gen I Pokémon or Gen VIII Pokémon?
A notable Gen VII Pokémon! Incineroar would rock!

WYR have a smaller selection of characters (around 35), but these characters being all very faithful to their origin and fun to play as, or a bigger selection (around 70) but those characters are sometimes unpolished (like some characters from Melee, Smash 64 or even Brawl and Sm4sh)?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Give me that Generation 1, I am not affraid to say I still love Blastoise, Snorlax, Raichu, Dragonite or Rhydon.

Mii Fighters, cut them or have 3 extra versions of them playable?

EDIT; :4greninja:'d

To answer the question that was supposed to be answered; 35 characters. If Diddy doesn't make it tho, I'll burn down anything in my path

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Cut Mii Fighters. They were never important.

Gengar or Scyther?
Gengar. Scizor is much cooler than Scyther anyway.

I hate the Miis too.

Rather have Lucina return but almost exactly the same, or have her cut? The overall roster would be just the same, but either with or without Lucina.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Gengar. Scizor is much cooler than Scyther anyway.

I hate the Miis too.

Rather have Lucina return but almost exactly the same, or have her cut? The overall roster would be just the same, but either with or without Lucina.
Ehn, cut her for all I care. Someone else will take her place if she's not getting overhauled.

Classic Halberd returns or new stage based off Planet Robobot's final boss sequence?

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Cut Mii Fighters. They were never important.

Gengar or Scyther?
Ehn, cut her for all I care. Someone else will take her place if she's not getting overhauled.

Classic Halberd returns or new stage based off Planet Robobot's final boss sequence?
Halberd returns, Id say it's far more iconic.

WYR Ice Climbers and wolf come back but have your mains cut, or leave them out to save your mains?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Get rid of Ice Climbers and Wolf, I'll only miss Wolf anyway. Diddy Kong must prevail.

New Funky Mode Y/N?

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
N.

Do you want N to be playable or not? Y/N?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
No

Would you rather have Ganondorf be redesigned w a clone taking his old moveset or get a brand new Zelda character?

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
If that clone is named Captain Falcon.

Studiopolis Zone or Press Garden Zone?
In terms of stages, I would say Studiopolis Zone with the music from Press Garden as an option.

Replace half the current roster with new characters or receive only three newcomers with all of the current characters intact?

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
Replace half the current roster with new characters or receive only three newcomers with all of the current characters intact?
Three newcomers.

WYR have Beck from Mighty No.9 replace MegaMan or have Gunvolt from the Gunvolt series replace Ryu?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Steve from Minecraft.

Would you rather a indie character or a western character be in the game as a newcomer?

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Everyone unlocked at the start.

Big Bird or Elmo reveal trailer at E3?

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Glide back

WYR have a shorter (maybe 20-minute) Melee-style Adventure mode, or a multi-hour Brawl-style Story mode, this time with settings actually from Nintendo worlds?

D

Deleted member

The Adventure Mode, having a big story mode just doesn't appeal to me and it would take too much development time.

Would you rather have a Smash Roster with Third Party video game characters AND anime characters or a Smash Roster without any Third Party video game AND anime characters?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Sounds like I’m getting anime characters in my video game.... Viewtiful Joe had an anime, can that count?

Kraid or Ridley as a stage hazard?

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Kraid as a stage hazard since it's been so long since we've seen him.

Thanos gives you most wanted newcomer for Smash Switch in exchange for cutting 50% of the veterans or the return of tripping from Brawl?

Last edited:
Top Bottom