• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THC 5: TAJ Has Cash

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
Also you get more entrants for melee that way.

Its always fun to combine the two communities anyway.
Last tournament there were very little Brawl players that entered melee, but nearly every melee player entered Brawl.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Taj I would be willing to help run brawl in the future if you decide to allow it :D
That would be amazing.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
idk if taj's house can fit brawl and melee unless we use the upstairs, but then we'd kinda be pushing into the personal space of everyone else they live with

i think we can/should only spare like, 1-3 TVs for P:M (which is just a side tourney), and adding another game would just be overboard.

oksas

oak-sauce
yeah i was gonna say, unless we were to cut out melee doubles or something, i don't see how it could work with all 3. considering how long it took last time with just melee. granted, though, i think things started running really slowly at the end because everybody wanted to play on the hype tv

the kitchen has room for like 5 tvs right????? replace the fridge with stacked tvs

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Ideally i'd like PM to start costing as much as the other events, since PM is better than Melee and Brawl.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
People don't want to be spending 20+ dollars just to enter tournaments if you set the cost for it to $5/$10.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
well, I would definitely make the exception for that game.

especially since I get use my sunglasses.

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
Does tucson have a car pool for this yet if not ill take my car we can all drive up in that.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
You're right. Pm is so astronomically better than melee that they aren't close.

:phone:
In some aspects, PM is better, but in others, I think melee is better. They have many kinks to fix( i.e running then fsmashing is a smash attack, not just the fsmash, getting back to the stage from the ledge using B, shield grabbing, ect.) and the striking and banning system is too long. Though it has better graphics and a greater variety of stages.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I certainly like PM more than melee and brawl. My techskill is more consistent in PM than Melee. Plus the minor brawl tech that's left (B-reversals, etc.), and the option to have brawl buffer in a melee environment, make it better than both for me.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
to me, P:M just feels like a slower, clunkier version of melee with the kinks.

i like P:M, but it doesn't surpass melee in any regard except in having extra stages.. and i guess the extra characters

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
I certainly like melee more than project m. Project m is fun too but I don't think its better than melee.

nicktra

Smash Rookie
and is this going to be played on the gamecube or wii? i hope gamecube and we can pick whichever character we like right?

nicktra

Smash Rookie
o ya and if we show up at 4pm are we not allowed in does it have to be before 1?

nicktra

Smash Rookie
metaknight

and you said we can't use meta knight it thought he was on brawl only not melee i thought we was only playin melee/???

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
It's a trollish joke, yo. Metaknight isn't in Melee, and we also cannot play as Metaknight in Melee. I thought Master Hand was legal, tho, seeing as he's a playable character that requires no hacks to get and would be by far the worst character if he were on the tier list. Now, if only we could play as Giga Bowser ...

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Masterhand is impossible to kill, haha.
You will get camped for 8min. They just damage you once, then camp the ledge or possibly even the top platform.

Think about it. First of all, Master Hand functions horribly on any stage with platforms, which is pretty much all of them. Second, Master Hand telegraphs his (mostly fixed-trajectory) attacks an hour in advance, and is then forced to just sit still for some number of seconds before he can do another one. Thirdly, Master Hand has a huge hurtbox and probably pretty small hitboxes. Playing Master Hand is like playing giant Ganondorf and attempting to win by: Walk stealthily up to opponent -> attempt to utilt opponent -> if miss, stand still for a few seconds until they forget you're there again -> walk stealthily up to opponent, etc.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
and you said we can't use meta knight it thought he was on brawl only not melee i thought we was only playin melee/???
that's the point ;) no brawl allowed in melee

also

even though master hand is terrible, he's banned because of what he forces the game to be.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
I can get work off to come to this. I have more Gamecube controllers for sale if anyone wants any. A lot of virgins, a few that are already broken in, a save card, and a Gamecube (with cords) for sale. I can take pics right now if anyone is interested. I have my last copy of Melee, not sure if I want to sell that, though.

Top Bottom