• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That one bad teammate

FIREL

Smash Ace
Meta Knight's attacks are based from Kirby Super Star and he did have a projectile on the game. He threw energy swords like Kirby did with the Sword ability when Kirby's health was full. If he had that I dunno how the makers would've altered it.
His neutral A coulda been the Multi Sword attack. -]--->>>>>>>>... woulda been cooler, more ranged and better than his current one.

FIREL

Smash Ace
I could kinda picture how it would like if it was on Brawl. If you DIed and got behind Meta Knight he'd be wide open.
Like a 3 part hit: slash, up-ward slash, then multisword that does around 10-13 Damage with long ending lag and could be DIed out of

PARAK¥Z£

Smash Rookie
Now, while I do get decent teammates, they can tick me off sometimes.

Y'know, especially if you get edgehoged by that same person. -_-
THIS. x999999999. I hate it when I get someone who plays like they're 3 and start edgehogging every person, regardless of which team they're on. It happens more often than you'd think.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Lol, one time I killed an edgehogger from 0% while I was recovering.
He was edgehogging me, but then i gave him an up-b (sourspot), d-air meteor smash and then footstooled him to death XD.

Eternal Vires

Smash Cadet
I agree with the OP 100%. These n00bs are annoying. I don't care if they are still random fighters, it's the fact that they are not playing the game for what it is. They are just spamming buttons on their controller. What makes this even annoying, for even really high players, is these guys HAVE NO PATTERN. Because we are so used to punishing DI, baiting, and all these mindgames, these people who spam buttons don't do ANY of this in a mindful structure. You never know where they will be. You think they will spot dodge, but would just STAND THERE. Then through dumb luck you go after them, and THEN they would spot dodge. Theres this one time, this n00b sonic got lucky and dashed attack me on Eldin, then that stupid horse thing knocked me passed the blast zone. I was Ganondorf. It was SAD.

If you REALLY want to piss off these n00bs. GO KIRBY. Seriously. Just go kirby, and use inhale by the edge. They are so noob, they will die every time. Then taunt your brains out with ''Hi!''. These n00bs do get angry, and upset. You can tell. You just have to stay calm, and nullify these annoying intrusions. They ruined so many hardcore fights when I was Bowser or Ganondorf. It's just sad. They ruin the fun on the game. Zatch. I agree with you only to an extent. These guys DONT even play the game. They are just spamming. If this guy was a very great match, and some n00b ruins our fight with his ****. I will definately attack him relentlessly, and I am not even competitive. I just play Brawl for fun, and that my friend. IS NOT FUN. I'm sure many people agree. If it's just a room, and you weren't previously having a great fight with some other player. Sure, leaving is definately optional. But if you are like me, and get owned up the *** by your stupid luck. A n00b comes in after you have been having a very hardcore friendly fight with an MK or Snake, or some other great player, and RUINS everything. What annoys me to an even higher extent, is RIGHT after I FINALLY get this n00b to leave. I get disconnected.

Also Zatch, you also have to take into account how much time, we wait in the god awful practice room, and have this STUPID player come in, or on your team. Not even a saint coudl bare with such aggravating results. I do care who I fight, because if it's just some player who spams buttons. Thats not even a player, per se. Especially when all these other factors I mentioned come into play.

End rant. If you ever see a silver Bowser or the darker brown Ganondorf that spams dash and spams short hop moves, even when the match isn't even in a battle, or is jumping all up on the edge. It's probably me. XD

Oh yeah, yesterday I was fighting this really good Falco on FD, and I got some sexy kills, and this guy was not a joke. I kept killing him in sudden death. XD Anyways, we were at it for awhile, then this stupid ZSS comes in with POKEMON balls, and hotheads, and all this bull**** and attacks everyone, and I have you know. She was a horrible player, and couldn't hit jack. I LOL'd so hard when she was facing that Falco in sudden death. That was the highlight of my day. XDDDDDDD Just another example as to why the OP is 100% right :D. These n00bs annoy everybody. Don't hide it >:

I don't rage quit. I make them rage quit. It's my philosophy.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
If I do that Kirby trick it is always on players that aren't actually worth putting effort to fight. Cheap I know but they annoy me. Another trick I use to land hilarious KOs is grabbing them near or off the edge and just pummel them and never throw and do a ground release and they just fall to their doom so easily.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
I've actually had teamates that held a spot in the room just to hold a spot. He wasn't even moving. And people I were fighting were syncronized players. I was getting pwned by Diddy Kong and Zelda at the same time. Nothing but comboes all the way. Meanwhile I was stuck with someone who didn't move.

I've actually been in a room where my partner was an idiot. Seriously. Team attack wasn't on and he was trying to kill me. His logic made no sense what so ever. He was an n00b tilter who did nothing but side tilted everything and everybody. Seriously, they should get rid of this mode because of the n00bs. The only thing team attack has ever given me was feeling of doubt on the inside.

I don't even do TB any more because no one hardly plays and it's full of n00bs if I find ANYBODY.
It's as bad as Basic brawl now but dead.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Yeah same here. Although f it turns into a SD I had 1 of the 2 AFC players suddenly attack. Otherwise the loser would attack one of the 2 AFC to get back the stock they lost. In those cases I play more defensive.

FIREL

Smash Ace
I was pissing off some other guy on TB one day. When he was on my team, he would get the other players to hit him and suicide... and I still won XD. Not only does he suck and fail, but he fails at failing (not a double negative). Then he ragequit.

Scores were i think
(Kills / Falls / Suicide)

Me 5 - 0 - 0
Suicider 1 - 6 - 1
Team score: -1

Other 3 - 3 - 2
Other 3 - 2 - 1
Team score: -2

Yea they all sucked.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I was pissing off some other guy on TB one day. When he was on my team, he would get the other players to hit him and suicide... and I still won XD. Not only does he suck and fail, but he fails at failing (not a double negative). Then he ragequit.

Scores were i think
(Kills / Falls / Suicide)

Me 5 - 0 - 0
Suicider 1 - 6 - 1
Team score: -1

Other 3 - 3 - 2
Other 3 - 2 - 1
Team score: -2

Yea they all sucked.
Yet another reason why I hated TB with randoms. If you badly beat the other team and they team with you they don't help out but instead make things worst for you.

KayossSZ

Smash Rookie
Some of you people are really hostile.

I'm a newb at this game. I found this site while reading a wiki on SSBB. I don't even know what half of the terms mentioned here are. But I try to have fun.

I've played mostly one-player stuff, as there really isn't anyone in my area that I could play with. Recently, I've gotten into battling people online. No, I'm not the best player. I don't have a set of combos memorized yet. Nonetheless, I try my best and have fun.

And yet, some of you are going so far to say that we aren't even real players. That's a little harsh, don't you think? Very few people start playing this game as hardcore experts.

Shrewstur

Smash Rookie
Sometimes I seem to be the best player in the room, while at others, I feel as if I'm the noob ^^; I always just stick it out unless if i feel like they're purposely sabotaging me.

Edit: Read Kayoss's post, and empathize. While I do have many combos down, sometimes the others players are so pro that any skill I might normally have turns to mush. I too will nonetheless try my best and have fun.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
A trend I've been seeing lately is less and less brawlers are not even tauntin' anymore. We make alliances to take out a player but we dont taunt. We team up on that player cuz they're being a ****.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
A trend I've been seeing lately is less and less brawlers are not even tauntin' anymore. We make alliances to take out a player but we dont taunt. We team up on that player cuz they're being a ****.
Yes. I don't encounter full taunt parties like in the past. I like that since I don't get soft and won't perform well if a crasher shows up.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Yes. I don't encounter full taunt parties like in the past. I like that since I don't get soft and won't perform well if a crasher shows up.
Yeah its really helpin' me cut loose as well. I've even turned on the ones I've made alliances with because no more attackers would appear so I made myself the attacker. In the past, I never would've done something like this.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I had to join one because the Wifi decided to be so ********. I couldn't connect to a single player in BB for about 30 minutes. I even disconnected then reconnected 3 times and still nothing. Then I went to TB and right away I connected to 2 players and we quickly get a 4th. Of course I get a red Ike that was AFC which never fails...

After that match and I left that group I was finally able to connect to players in BB.

Top Bottom