• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TGWP May 28-30 1000$ pot bonus! ~canceled~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What are the splits for the prizes?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Only thing I'd like to know is- are the stages up for debate?

With a 1K bonus to the pot, this could very well turn into a national VERY fast, especially with how central UT is to America as a whole (so long as housing is provided :O)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I can bring a tv. :D

Depending on where I live I can probably house 3-8 people.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Only thing I'd like to know is- are the stages up for debate?

With a 1K bonus to the pot, this could very well turn into a national VERY fast, especially with how central UT is to America as a whole (so long as housing is provided :O)
I really dont mind... but gkirbz mansion stays for emotional reasons

Dekar173

Justice Man
Also RJ, is the $1000 pot going to be guaranteed, and is it a pot bonus, or is it JUST going to be $1000 for prizes, regardless of tourney size?

Btw: Pipes shouldn't be legal imo. Port Town is stretching it as well, but I can be convinced otherwise for Port Town.

Luigi's, ugh. But w.e

Dekar173

Justice Man
50 will be hit easily lol.
If the turnout is looking like 100, can the venue hold it? I'm not doubting it, verification would just be nice :X

-Mars-

Smash Hero
RJ the stagelist is hella stupid. You can suck off the MK players at local tournies but at a big tournament like this that's going to cause problems.

Edit:

I can bring a tv and a wii

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I could maybe get Texas to come to this. What else is going on that is important in June/the same weekend?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ok hows this for debate.

Put in a ledgegrab rule of 50 and ban dumb shiz like gayfair, gay mansion, port town pen is dive, homochat, and pipes???? PIPES????? are ou serious??

With all that money on the line if you don't have a ledge grab rule or a fair stage list it will get REALLY stupid.

Also, since you have the venue for forever you should do an ameatur bracket????

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well this is the same weekend as Plank's Huge Tournament.

1. If you do not have an edge grab rule, I will pick Pipes and plank you.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Same. i'll maybe dtilt you once with MK and then i'll go straight for that good ol' ledge son.

Actually, 35 ledge grabs would be awesome cuz then there probably wouldn't be any timeouts lol.

Dekar173

Justice Man
ledge grab limit is ****ing stupid, not going to lie. I got timed out by 2% at pound and he grabbed the ledge- 13 times. Vouch!

Get a judge system going. If it's a national, there will be players from every region (that is, assuming people notice there's a $1000 bonus pot...) and therefore we can avoid the "omg there will be bias!!!" argument.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Good reasoning for removing pipes.

It's gay.

Good reasoning for removing norfair.

You can run away all match.

Good reasoning for removing pictochat.

Gay stage hazards.

Good reasoning for removing Port Town Aero Dive.

Lol.

Good reasoning for removing Luigi's Mansion.

Tornado.

Dekar173

Justice Man
If you're stalling, you're stalling. 5 judges can iron out whether a timed out match was due to stalling or other circumstances.

Me getting timed out by Santi (TL) ages ago- he wasn't stalling, that's just due to TL's playstyle.

Me getting timed out by Ksizzle- he was actively airstalling/scrooging in order to avoid any and all confrontation.

It's not very difficult to determine if someone's stalling or not.

-Serve-

Smash Cadet
If there is a 1k+ pot, I'm sure this will be more important then anything going down during the same time. xD

I'll be attending btw. <3 MFGK

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I should be able to make this, seeing as it's far off enough.

Also, pictochat is fine. Other stupidity needs to go. (LM isn't ok unless it's MK banned, and even then it's debatable, and port town, well, convince me why it isn't banned)

hadesblade

Smash Lord
The walkoff on pipes can't be chaingrabbed off by anyone except falco, which is % based and won't even get you to the top from 0 at the bottom. Ddd can only chaingrab dk up it, and it's not like ddd will lose a game and need to cp a dk LOL. But it's too steep for ddd to chaingrab anyone else up it. It also has no ledges, and it is mk's worst stage (why do you think it's always banned?).

I'd put up a huge arguement for banning porttown and mansion, but you seem stuck on them, so, as it is, I'll give an argument for why distant planet is better than either of those stages.

Distant planet has a sloped walk off, it has items, and it has that rain that everyone hates. It has a slightly higher than average ceiling, (not nearly extreme as japes) and a bulborb that kills anyone that stands on it for more than a few seconds. The sloped walkoff is similar to the one at pipes, but it being less steep means yoshi can grab release a few chars off it. (G&W and ness are the only ones that come to mind now) DDD can still only chain dk off it. The items really don't influence gameplay much, as you have to attack the plant before you can get them. They don't spawn much (think items on low) and they do small amounts of damage and have no more hitstun than any other attack in the game. The rain isn't a problem, all it really does is prevents people from camping the walkoff for too long.

I would argue for norfair too, but without a ledge grab rule... lol...

@ serve: you play hon?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey Hades, guess who Ran away from you for 8 minutes on Distant Planet with G&W on the AiB ladder?

Yep, that would be me. Lol.

Distant Planet... Bad. People like me *** in their pants at the mentioning of Distant Planet or Pipes.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Hey Hades, guess who Ran away from you for 8 minutes on Distant Planet with G&W on the AiB ladder?

Yep, that would be me. Lol.

Distant Planet... Bad. People like me *** in their pants at the mentioning of Distant Planet or Pipes.
That was you? I can stop feeling so bad about losing to a "random" G&W on my own cp now lol. Is G&W good at pipes too? Anyway, if your going to have stages as bad as port town and mansion in, you might as well throw in the others.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
G&W is very good on Pipes. He can plank people too well on that stage. Same with MK. Pit and ROB it's not that big of a deal on that stage since they don't have stuff like G&W's Uair or Invincible Upb or MK's Uair/multiple jumps.

Basically, because there are two edges in the center, there's literally no good options to stop him. If you try to edge hog, he has another edge to grab safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom