• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
can someone please help me DDDDD: im stuck on sumthin and ive googled and yotubed and searched all i could and im gettin no help. its makin me feel stupid and annoyed T____T

3. Open code manager and get one of the codes below (based on your region, PAL, NTSC, or NTSC-J) and set up your .gct (If you don't know how to do this, just ask someone in the thread, I'm sure they can help! Or you can just create a text file and import it into the code manager).

im stuck on that step D: i dont know ANYTHING about code manager and it seems like it expects me to have prior knowledge D: i tried importing as a txt but it wouldnt work when i tried to save as gct

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Alright, so I'm editing the textures right now, but I'd like to know two things:

First, once I'm done editing each .tga file, how do I put them back into a .pcs file?

Second, what do I do for .pac files? I'm editing Bowser right now, so I need to know. Do I just save the same files I saved as a pcs file, only just change the file extension, or do I do something different to make a true .pac file?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
you have to run step 2: create to make a new.pcs and a new.pac

to make a .pac file, you have to run a .pcs through the like Illzzex (or something like that)

it's a certain program.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
you have to run step 2: create to make a new.pcs and a new.pac

to make a .pac file, you have to run a .pcs through the like Illzzex (or something like that)

it's a certain program.
I googled it, but nothing came up. Got a link for what you're talking about? I'll also need to know what to click or whatever, unless it's an extremely simple program.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
um...you can find it in this guide http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=80758

look at the bottom of the texture hacking part.

you just open it and wait for it to close itself.

then, you need to change the pcs.out that it makes to a .pac file.

Just so you know, it'll say "the file type may become unusable" or something like that, just ignore it.

and sorry, the correct name is Iz77ex.

EDIT: or markehmus's way...jeez, I always get one-upped around here.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
or use smashbox and the save as either .pac or .pcs feature under file , save as

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Hmm

For whatever reason, this program will open for about .1 seconds, then it disappears. What do I do to fix this?

Mr. Emcee

Smash Cadet
I got everything running smooth but I don't know how to get the .tgs files I downloaded to work. What am I supposed to do with them? They can't both be FitIke04.tgs or whatever.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I've already installed Microsoft .net or whatever. Also, I was planning on going with that second idea with using smashbox, but it won't open the file. I even changed the extension to .pcs, but when I click open, nothing comes on.

Also, the problem with Iz77ex is that the program itself won't open.

JujuMagumbo

Smash Rookie
Now that I've installed this, I get an error that says there are too many codes when I launch balanced brawl, then proceeds to launch normal brawl. Any idea where I should look for a solution to this problem?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Okay. Need help.

1) Can I get the link to download the folder for the Brawl Textures. The one I downloaded from a guy on Youtube said I needed something called ASH or something.

2) For the Code Manager, I need the SD files for it.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so im trying to get G&W texture hacks, i know ur spose to have like all into a FitGamewatch00.pac and pcs, but wheres the tool or whatever

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Alright, so im trying to get G&W texture hacks, i know ur spose to have like all into a FitGamewatch00.pac and pcs, but wheres the tool or whatever
The GWitizer is located here.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I just know this has been answered somewhere but, with all these pages I have no idea where to find it so I'll ask here. For Yoshi's Story Obstacle course I have to replace not only E06 but also E07 and cut the song at its half point. Which do I have to cut? Do I put a full song on E06 and then put one that cuts halfway in for E07 or do I cut a song in half and put each half onto E06 and E07?

herof time

Smash Rookie
I feel a little hurt that PAL brawlers are seemably ignored when they question their second-classing. Does nobody here have any idea what is going on or who to contact about the lack of activity?

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
I feel a little hurt that PAL brawlers are seemably ignored when they question their second-classing. Does nobody here have any idea what is going on or who to contact about the lack of activity?
Good to hear someone who has some sympathy. I don't know if the few people who can help really want to.

Anyway, Brawl+ 5.0 has all the priority now. I'm really looking forward to it and I'll take plus matches seriously when it be ported. You can take my word that I'll record awesome matches to help to spread the plus out.

Popcornio

Smash Apprentice
After applying the Custom Music code, I placed the files into the correct folder needed and went to test it out. At first everything seemed to work but after about listening to three songs through the Music Selection (the screen where you select what songs you want to play on stages) it begins to start playing the in-game music instead of my replaced files.

Does this happen normally or is it because of my SD card?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
So this may have been addressed somewhere here in these many pages of posts, but I'm using the tool for custom song making....I'm working on replacing victory music.....everything's going good and the songs are being replaced as they should be.....and then i get to ROB's....and ROB isnt on the list...anyone know why ROB's victory isnt listed on the custom song tool and how i can change his victory music?

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
After applying the Custom Music code, I placed the files into the correct folder needed and went to test it out. At first everything seemed to work but after about listening to three songs through the Music Selection (the screen where you select what songs you want to play on stages) it begins to start playing the in-game music instead of my replaced files.

Does this happen normally or is it because of my SD card?
is it the actual songs you replaced playing or the other original songs from the level?

if you go into my music in brawl settings you can lower the bar that makes all the other songs(becides the 1's you replaced) occour during gameplay, and leave the lavel bar of the song you replaced up to full and it should appear the most frequent then.
if the songs you replaced are not playuing and the song you over wrote is playing instead, i am not sure of the solution, i have never had the problem ... but i only played a few songs from sd, i just replce them over the original in the iso so i dont have any other tunes but the 1's i put in game there to play.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
hey i got texture hacks for the wintery smashville... i put all files in the stage folder and it crashes my game when i load a smashville match. What am i doing wrong? they are named correctly too =/

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
hey i got texture hacks for the wintery smashville... i put all files in the stage folder and it crashes my game when i load a smashville match. What am i doing wrong? they are named correctly too =/
They're in pf/stage/melee and the files are all named properly? If that's the case, it might be that the texture itself isn't usable.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
k. Does anyone know where i can get the pac for the eggman wario texture hack?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Can anybody help me?

I have a softmodded Wii, and tried to put the texture files and File Replacement codes onto the SD card. Gecko OS read the codes, and said it was "applying". When I slected the characters and the corresponding replaced costumes, the new textures didn't appear, just the default ones.

I did all of the texture hacking steps, but it still doesn't work. Help plz?

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I just know this has been answered somewhere but, with all these pages I have no idea where to find it so I'll ask here. For Yoshi's Story Obstacle course I have to replace not only E06 but also E07 and cut the song at its half point. Which do I have to cut? Do I put a full song on E06 and then put one that cuts halfway in for E07 or do I cut a song in half and put each half onto E06 and E07?
Just so I can get an answer :chuckle: Cause as it stands I replaced both tracks for Obstacle Course but that got me the problem of the song restarting from the beginning every time the stage changed instead of continuing to play.

Starzaka

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone im still relatively new to the whole brawl hacking/brawl+ scene and im a little confused over the .pcs and .pac files used for char textures. In the fighter folder do you NEED to have both the .pcs and .pac files for each individual texture you want to use? In other words, do both files need to be in there? For instance i have in my falco folder...
FitFalco01.pcs
FitFalco01.pac
FitFalco02.pcs
FitFalco02.pac
FitFalco04.pcs
FitFalco04.pac

I converted each of the .pcs files from the premade package from brawlplus.net to .pac using lz77ex.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
IIRC, you need the pacs only for transforming characters (Samus/ZSS, Pokemon Trainer, Zelda/Sheik, etc.). Besides that, the other character pacs are only really needed if you want the costumes in single-player modes.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Starzaka

Smash Rookie
Ah ok so for modes outside of versus mode the .pac is necessary and of course for the chars you mentioned above. Just wondering cause i was gonna try this out later today and i didn't want my game freezing or anything from having a multiple .pcs/.pac copy within the same folder. And it won't right?

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
What is the file supposed to be named if it's replacing custom stage textures? After spending two hours on google, I'm tired of looking. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom