• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

5ive

Smash Champion
I loaded my SD, but when I tried the costumes, it ended up being Brawl +. Do I delete the Brawl+ on my SD card before I try the textures?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
You have to run it through there to get the pac file, which is good to get anyways for each character. Then rename the .pcs.out file to .pac
Oh. That gives you a .pac file. That might explain why textures aren't working. :p
Edit: It's still freezing when I try to start a match. Should I not be using 1.3?

I loaded my SD, but when I tried the costumes, it ended up being Brawl +. Do I delete the Brawl+ on my SD card before I try the textures?
Yeah, you would, but didn't the codemgr replace it? You should only have one RSBE01.gct file in your codes folder.

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Has anyone tried tex hacking for Effects? The folder in Game is DATA\effect\fighter\ef_[Char Name].pac

I tried putting them on my SD card under:
F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\effect\fighter\ef_ike.pac and
F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\effect\fighter\ef_ike.pcs
but no luck...

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Will these codes work with the Ocarina app? Also, does the version of the Wii matter? Will i get bricked for using these codes? Also, will the files of Brawl be restored back to normal after I deactivate the codes? will these textures work on WiFi? Lastly, how many character texture hacks can you use at a time Sorry for the noob questions, guys : / I should read the FAQ next time.

poklin

Smash Apprentice
so how do we change the portraits i have 2 tga files called sonic_05small and sonic_05big where do these go and im going to to assume you need to change the name to the same thing as which costume it is.

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Will these codes work with the Ocarina app? Also, does the version of the Wii matter? Will i get bricked for using these codes? Also, will the files of Brawl be restored back to normal after I deactivate the codes? will these textures work on WiFi? Lastly, how many character texture hacks can you use at a time Sorry for the noob questions, guys : / I should read the FAQ next time.
1. They will not work with ocarina, you need Gecho OS 107b

2.No, I don't believe so.

3.Probably not.

4. Yes, this is all temporary.

5.Not unless You and the person you're fighting have the same texture codes.

Mettra

Smash Cadet
so how do we change the portraits i have 2 tga files called sonic_05small and sonic_05big where do these go and im going to to assume you need to change the name to the same thing as which costume it is.
Where did you find these files?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I tried character textures on Wi-Fi, they work just fine, but other players don't have edited textures, only you do.

Can someone tell me about Character select screen portraits? I found some .tga files on another site, where in the SD Card do I put them in? How do I make my own character portraits too? Any specific files I need?

I'll be using the File Replacement 1.3 code that Sakuraba Neku posted.

sammie_sam

Smash Rookie
*Goes to count*

101 character textures, 2 stage textures, 17 pokemon textures, and 6 AT textures because Excitebike is 3 and AW is 2.

My guess is that it's the item textures causing the freezing, as it happens in the middle of a match.
It probably is the AT's because the excite bike one didn't work for me. :dizzy:
also, do u really have 101 character textures? That's pretty big.
Share Please? it would be really helpful to people who can't find the time/are too lazy to do that many textures. again, PLEASE?? :bee: i'm sure many people would go :psycho: over it :lick:

EDIT: wait, when u say "Excite bike is 3 and AW is 2" , do u mean u have 3 textures that use the Excitebike AT and 2 textures that use the AW AT on at the same Time?
that might be why you're freezing mid-game. Try using one. If i'm mistaken then sorry.

poklin

Smash Apprentice
here are some that come with the portrait, im not using these ones but this guys are really nice so if some one knows how please help!

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
It probably is the AT's because the excite bike one didn't work for me. :dizzy:
also, do u really have 101 character textures? That's pretty big.
Share Please? it would be really helpful to people who can't find the time/are too lazy to do that many textures. again, PLEASE?? :bee: i'm sure many people would go :psycho: over it :lick:

EDIT: wait, when u say "Excite bike is 3 and AW is 2" , do u mean u have 3 textures that use the Excitebike AT and 2 textures that use the AW AT on at the same Time?
that might be why you're freezing mid-game. Try using one. If i'm mistaken then sorry.
It was the 17 Pokemon, I removed them and it works fine. Doesn't really matter how many character textures you use because they stay constant in-game.

I mean like there are 3 Excitebike folders, which in the end leads to 3 Excitebike textures. Like for AW, there is a texture for tanks, and a texture for soldiers.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Where can I get all the original unedited character texture files from?

poklin

Smash Apprentice
There's really no such thing as "all" they are scattered everywhere there is a bunch of links like 2 pages back

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Ok, I have no clue on how to set this up can anyone help me out, I dont get any of this.
Ok, starting from the front of the SD Card, go to private\wii\APP\RSBE and make a new folder and rename it "pf". Inside the pf folder make another new folder called "fighter".
Inside the fighter folder, make a folder for whatever character you want to put a texture to, go by this list:
Code:
Captain Falcon: captain
King Dedede: dedede
Diddy Kong: diddy
Donkey Kong: donkey
Falco: falco
Fox: fox
Mr. Game & Watch: gamewatch
Ganondorf: ganon
GIGA Bowser: gkoopa
Ike: ike
Kirby: kirby
Bowser: koopa
Link: link
Lucario: lucario
Lucas: lucas
Luigi: luigi
Mario: mario
Marth: marth
Meta Knight: metaknight
Ness: ness
Peach: peach
Pikachu: pikachu
Captain Olimar: pikmin
Pit: pit
Ivysaur: pokefushigisou
Charizard: pokelizardon
Pokémon Trainer: poketrainer
Squirtle: pokezenigame
Ice Climbers (both of them): popo
Jigglypuff: purin
R.O.B.: robot
Samus: samus
Sheik: sheik
Snake: snake
Sonic: sonic
Zero Suit Samus: szerosuit
Toon Link: toonlink
Wario: wario
Warioman: warioman
Wolf: wolf
Yoshi: yoshi
Zelda: zelda
Kirby Alloy: zakoball
Ness Alloy: zakochild
Zelda Alloy: zakogirl
Captain Falcon Alloy: zakoboy
Inside whatever character folder, that's where you put your textures inside. But make sure to rename it to "FitCharacter0*".
* = Costume number.

Example, you want a new texture for Ness, get your Ness texture, put it inside the "ness" folder, then rename it to "FitNess00", if you want his first costume to be. Here is everyone's costume data:

Code:
Captain Falcon
00-Original
01-Blood Hawk
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Pink

Dedede
00-Original
02-Green
03-White
04-Grayscale
05-Purple
06-Pink

Diddy Kong
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Pink
05-Yellow
06-Purple

Donkey Kong
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Falco
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Yellow

Fox
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Ganondorf
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Grandpa Ganon
05-Brown

Ike
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Another Kind Of Green
05-Yellow

Kirby
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Yellow
05-White

Bowser
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Pimp Gold
06-Brown

Link
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Dark
05-White/Light Blue
06-Yellow

Lucario
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Light Blue
05-White

Lucas
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Claus
05-Pink/Purple

Luigi
00-Original
01-Red
02-UNUSED-Blue
03-Blue
04-Fire Luigi
05-Orange
06-Waluigi

Mario
00-Original
02-Green
03-Jumpman
04-Wario
05-Black
06-Fire Mario

Marth
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Meta-Knight
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Pink

Ness
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Bumble-Bee
05-Fuel
06-Mr.Saturn

Peach
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Daisy/Yellow

Pikachu
00-Original
01-Cap
02-Bandana
03-Googles

Olimar
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Dirty Helmet (Yellow and Black)

Pit
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Gold
05-Black

Pokemon Trainer
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Light

Ice Climbers
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Dark
05-Light

Jigglypuff
00-Normal
01-Flower
02-Sleep Hat
03-Japan Hat
04-Trainer Cap

ROB
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Pink/Purple
05-Yellow
06-NES

Samus
00-Original
01-Pink
02-Green
03-Fusion/Blue
04-Gravity Suit/Purple
05-Dark Suit/Black

Zelda
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Ocarina of Time colors

Snake
00-Original
01-Red/Black
02-Green
03-Blue
04-"IDK WTF this is" camo
05-Wild Feline camo

Sonic
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Gold
05-Black

Toon Link
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Purple
05-NES Link
06-Dark

Wario
00-Original (WarioWare)
01-Red (WarioWare)
02-Green (WarioWare)
03-Blue (WarioWare)
04-Black & Red (WarioWare)
05-Orange & Blue (WarioWare)
06-Original (Overall)
07-Red (Overall)
08-Green (Overall)
09-Blue (Overall)
10-WarioLand 2 color (Overall)
11-WarioLand 3 color (Overall)

Wolf
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Red & White

Yoshi
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Yellow
05-Pink
06-Light Blue
Look at Ness's costumes, say you want to replace his green costume with a texture, so you insert your texture inside the ness folder and should rename it to "FitNess02" because "02" is his green costume data. Same goes with all other characters.

sammie_sam

Smash Rookie
It was the 17 Pokemon, I removed them and it works fine. Doesn't really matter how many character textures you use because they stay constant in-game.

I mean like there are 3 Excitebike folders, which in the end leads to 3 Excitebike textures. Like for AW, there is a texture for tanks, and a texture for soldiers.
oh ok. i was no help :urg:
i wish there was an 'unlazy way to ask this but can u maybe upload in a pack your private folder, please? :p would be a great help :)

sammie_sam

Smash Rookie
Where can I get all the texture files from?
there are some at stack smash. search them on google, and on the side bar u will find something that says something like 'released content'

EDIT: sry for double posting, ppls

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks for the info but there is one problem. I dont see anything that says "private on my SD card.

NVM I found privare, I thought it would be right there once you get into your SD. thats what threw me off

WaterTails

Smash Lord
oh ok. i was no help :urg:
i wish there was an 'unlazy way to ask this but can u maybe upload in a pack your private folder, please? :p would be a great help :)
Just copy, like, a snapshot or replay, or something from Brawl to your SD card to get the private>wii>app>RSBE folder. Download this, and paste it into the RSBE folder. Problem solved!

mofo_

Smash Ace
some of the character costume numbers are mixed up o.o when i put 01 for 2nd costume its actually the 3rd costume instead and by 3rd i mean press A on the characters portrait 2 times.

also for stage textures how do u name them? for example do you put fitSTGNORFAIR.pcs?
and since mushroomy kingdom is sub level is it fitSTGMARIOPAST00.pcs?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Stages can now be changed as well! The directory should look like below:

private/wii/app/pf/stage/melee/[insert stage texture]

I'm a little confused. Is there a seperate folder for melee stages brawl stages and customs? so like this?

/wii/app/pf/stage/melee/[insert stage texture]
/wii/app/pf/stage/brawl/[insert stage texture]
/wii/app/pf/stage/custom/[insert stage texture]

or am I wrong?

Will you also do an example of a brawl stage and a custom stage please :D (especially interested in changing custom stage backgrounds)

jokey665

Smash Ace
I'm a little confused. Is there a seperate folder for melee stages brawl stages and customs? so like this?

/wii/app/pf/stage/melee/[insert stage texture]
/wii/app/pf/stage/brawl/[insert stage texture]
/wii/app/pf/stage/custom/[insert stage texture]

or am I wrong?

Will you also do an example of a brawl stage and a custom stage please :D (especially interested in changing custom stage backgrounds)
Stages go in /melee, no matter what. Not sure about custom stages though.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
I updated to the current 1.3 code, and when I start too quick it freezes for me. Back in 1.0, didn't it just start without the texture? I would rather have no texture than to restart everything over again <.<

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Has anyone tried tex hacking for Effects? The folder in Game is DATA\effect\fighter\ef_[Char Name].pac

I tried putting them on my SD card under:
F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\effect\fighter\ef_ike.pac and
F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\effect\fighter\ef_ike.pcs
but no luck...

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Can somebody Please answer my question?

sammie_sam

Smash Rookie
Can anybody explain these .pac files to me and how I use them in my SD?
the .pcs are needed for every character. They are the actual textures, i think. on the SD card they go in 'private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter' for example if u want a yoshi texture, you put it in 'private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/yoshi/' if u have the tuxedo yoshi, maybe it'll be called 'tuxedoyoshi.pcs' rename it to FitYoshi00.pcs and put it in 'private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/yoshi' and that texture (the tuxedo yoshi) will replace the '00' texture of yoshi, which is the original, greem yoshi. Then just use the codes with Gecko OS, and you'll have textures!a

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
Can somebody Please answer my question?
-Disclaimer-I know nothing about changing the effects-Disclaimer- You said it should be in DATA/effect/fighter/blahblah. Try a new directory DATA instead of pf? Tell me how that goes I would like to know.

Meccs

@Meccs_
this is fantastic! great work, guys :D
I was hopeing for something like this to be released
Roy and Mewtwo, yay!
I just wish stacksmash would load right now...

Oh and just to clarify, you put all 3 of the codes on the first page into RSBE01.gct, right?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yes, NessLuigi. You do.
A random Question - will this work with Final Smash Textures? All FS have a pac file. I want to know if I can reskin a Landmaster. So, can you with this version?

Sakuraba Neku

Smash Cadet
the .pcs are needed for every character. They are the actual textures, i think. on the SD card they go in 'private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter' for example if u want a yoshi texture, you put it in 'private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/yoshi/' if u have the tuxedo yoshi, maybe it'll be called 'tuxedoyoshi.pcs' rename it to FitYoshi00.pcs and put it in 'private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/yoshi' and that texture (the tuxedo yoshi) will replace the '00' texture of yoshi, which is the original, greem yoshi. Then just use the codes with Gecko OS, and you'll have textures!a
I know what the pcs are for I asked what the purpose of the pac files are.

jokey665

Smash Ace
pac are for the single player modes and for characters that transform. (Sheik, Zelda, Samus, ZSS, Pokemon Trainer's pokemon, Wario, Bowser. I think that's all of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom