• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

VietGeek

Smash Hero

Tennet

Smash Champion
I finally got ASH working.

Guess you can only have the things needed for ASH and the .pac/.pcs files in the folder...

Ridley69

Smash Rookie
I can't get the CSPs working during battles.

CSPs on character screen selection work great but when i start a battle, the small character image next to the % doesn't work.

On my SD CARD, i have:
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\system\common5.pac
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\info\portrite\InfFace###.brres
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\menu\common\char_bust_t ex\MenSelchrFaceB###.brres

What's wrong?

And another question, how can I use theses textures with the ISO? (Not SD Card loading)??

If I replace all the MenSelchrFaceB###.brres , InfFace###.brres & common5_en.pac files on the ISO, i have an error when starting the game

auroreon

Smash Ace
Im sure this gets asked a lot, but I have a question...

I've heard from some people that its completely impossible to add new textures without replacing old ones, and Ive heard others say there could possibly be a way to do it in future.

Can anyone with knowledge of this process confirm whether its possible that their will ever be a way to add new files to the game without replacing others.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
They do replace your original textures but only temporally if you turn off your wii and start off with out homebrew or the codes then you will have your original costumes back.

I have a different question yesterday while playing with my textures they worked perfectly fine in 1v1 but when we switched to doubles some of them turned off. Is there a different code for doubles? I see that luigi has an unused 2 so that made me wonder if that was the problem. If not what happened?

auroreon

Smash Ace
They do replace your original textures but only temporally if you turn off your wii and start off with out homebrew or the codes then you will have your original costumes back.
I know that. What Im asking is whether it could ever be possible to have new textures IN ADDITION to the original textures Brawl has.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Did you guys get music to work with this yet?
It wouldn't work very well since the music data would have to be constantly read of the SD card whereas the textures are read once, and assuming you keep playing that exact same character/texture it doesn't need to read it off the SD card again.

I know that. What Im asking is whether it could ever be possible to have new textures IN ADDITION to the original textures Brawl has.
You really can't, that would be adding files into the game. As far as I know, you can only swap them and replace them.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Okay, this is weird. I put on a few textures to try it out, all worked well, put on some more and now when I try and boot it up via gecko I keep getting a "no DVD" error. the disk is in there, I can play smash via disc menu fine...any ideas?

EDIT:Nevermind, it's decided to work now. Eh
I had the same problem. Buy a wii cleaning set. Your lens is defiantly dirty.

My wii did that on and off for a month before I bought a cleaning set.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
For anyone who knows about portrait making, for some reason CSPTools don't seem to work very well for small pictures. What is going on?
Did you index them? If you did, switch back to RGB, index AGAIN, but set the colors to 70.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Okay, I got a problem with CUPASH.

After I ran Step 2, I checked my newfiles folder, the new files weren't there. I looked in the

In the templates folder, all my .tga files are indexed to 71 colors and have a magenta background. After editing I copied and pasted all my .tga files to the newfiles folder and ran step 2. My newfiles was empty before I did so. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong...

I have the common5_en.pac file and all the .brres files in my neededfiles folder.

I think I remember deleting something called an .out file. Or something. Is that vital?

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as I was completly ignored and got the last post on the page I'll try once more.

just give me a yes or no if you will do it.

Code:
Battle Field		STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC
Yoshi's Island		STGCRAYON.PAC
Delphino Plaza		STGDOLPIC.PAC
75m			STGDONKEY.PAC
Big Blue (Melee)	STGDXBIGBLUE.PAC
Corneria (Melee)	STGDXCORNERIA.PAC
Jungle Japes (Melee)	STGDXGARDEN.PAC
Green Greens (Melee)	STGDXGREENS.PAC
Onett (Melee)		STGDXONETT.PAC
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)	STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)	STGDXRCRUISE.PAC
Temple (Melee)		STGDXSHRINE.PAC
Yoshi's Island (Melee)	STGDXYORSTER.PAC
Brinstar (Melee)	STGDXZEBES.PAC
Distant Planet		STGEARTH.PAC
Mario Bros.		STGFAMICOM.PAC
Final Destination	STGFINAL.PAC
Port Town Aero Dive	STGFZERO.PAC
Green Hill		STGGREENHILL.PAC
Flat Zone 2		STGGW.PAC
Halberd			STGHALBERD.PAC
Summit			STGICE.PAC
Rumble Falls		STGJUNGLE.PAC
Mario Circuit		STGKART.PAC
Warioware, Inc.		STGMADEIN.PAC
Luigi's Mansion		STGMANSION.PAC
Mushroomy Kingdom 1	STGMARIOPAST_00.PAC
Mushroomy Kingdom 2	STGMARIOPAST_01.PAC
Shadow Moses Isle (Rex)	STGMETALGEAR_00.PAC
Shadow Moses Isle (Ray)	STGMETALGEAR_01.PAC
Shadow Moses (Gecko)	STGMETALGEAR_02.PAC
New Pork City		STGNEWPORK.PAC
Norfair			STGNORFAIR.PAC
Bridge of Eldin		STGOLDIN.PAC
Frigate Orpheon		STGORPHEON.PAC
Skyworld		STGPALUTENA.PAC
Pictochat		STGPICTCHAT_en.PAC
Pirate Ship		STGPIRATES.PAC
Hanenbow		STGPLANKTON.PAC
Pokemon Stadium 2	STGSTADIUM.PAC
Spear Pillar (Dialga)	STGTENGAN_1.PAC
Spear Pillar (Palkia)	STGTENGAN_2.PAC
Spear Pillar (Cresselia)STGTENGAN_3.PAC
Also, OP should be updated with this info too ^^;

VietGeek

Smash Hero
can i get a link to all the character textures in tga format? i dl'd it once but it got deleted, and now i can't find it anywhere in this thread. although it might not have been in this thread
http://rapidshare.com/files/152563979/textures.rar.html

I think I remember deleting something called an .out file. Or something. Is that vital?
Don't delete stuff until the process is DONE (I think this should apply for all programs anyway). The program usually does a little house cleaning when it's done anyway. If it doesn't, you do it manually once everything is done.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I got these two errors while I ran step 1.

Could Not Find C:\CSP Tools\CUPASH-Mod\neededfiles\002.pac
Could Not Find C:\CSP Tools\CUPASH-Mod\*.tmp

I snuck around and found 002.pac but I couldn't find *.tmp.
What are these files?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
thanks vietgeek.

also, is'nt there a color that doesn't show in-game, giving a sort of full transparency effect?

i heard it was magenta, but that's too vague
It IS magenta, FF00FF to be exact.

Someone answer my previous question plz... I'm so close to having CUPASH working..... :urg:

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
can some one please Tell me were I can find Common5.pac for PAL I need it For the CSP's

auroreon

Smash Ace
I cannot seem to get textures to show up, whatever I try.

I have all directories correct, all files in the right places, all the correct files.

I am loading a gct with the following codes from Gecko OS:
Dynamic SD Loader V1.1
SD Files
GCT Loader
Execute GCT

That loads a GCT file that I have saved to private\wii\app\RSBE\pf containing the codes:
Allow More than 1000 Replays/Stages/Snapshots
Unrestricted pause camera
Unrestricted Replay camera
Allow Replays longer than 3 minutes
Hold R for Practise stage
Hold L for Target Test
Hold Y for Result Stage
Hold X for Homerun contest
Tripping Rate Modifier
Default Settings Modifier
Default CPU Level Modifier
P. Trainer Infinite Stamina
P. Trainer Swap only on DownB
Custom CSS V3
Regular Zelda Icon
CSS fixes for Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Shiek V2
Independent Pokemon Engine + no wreck My Music V2
CSS fixes for Giga and Company V2
Save Tags in Replays v3
Unrestricted Button Mapping Editing
Custom Random V1
File Replacement v1.3
Disable Custom Stages v1.1

I have the right texture files with the right names in the right directories for all textures Im replacing.

When I load the game through Gecko OS, all my codes work fine but for some reason the custom textures just don't turn up. It just loads the regular default colours. I also experience frequent crashes upon loading the CSS.

Would really like some help on this, any ideas?

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I can't figure out custom portaits...The Readme is sort of confusing. Do I actually need Wii Scrubber for it to work or can I just do it with the SD card the same way as textures?

Anyway, I put common_en.pac in Needed Files, so running Step 1.bat extracts apparently all the default tga portaits for all the character costumes. So what I try to do next is take someone elses tga file for a character costume and toss it in the newfiles directory with the pcs and pac files for that characters costume and then run Step 2.bat. Then...nothing new really happens, only common_en.pac shows up in the system directory inside newfiles. Nothing shows up in the menu folder. So what am I doing wrong?

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
I'm a little confused on Stage Textures. This is how I have the file named.
WhispysRevenge][STGDXGREENS.PAC
I'm finding different directions in different places, what do I need to change? =/

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It IS magenta, FF00FF to be exact.

Someone answer my previous question plz... I'm so close to having CUPASH working..... :urg:
Put common5 and all the .brres files you want in neededfiles (or w/e the folder is) and try again. It seems like you might've deleted something.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
All right, thanks. :)

Ai, new problem. I'm using SS's Tubba Blubba texture on FitBowser03, but it's not showing up in-game?
Do you have the .pac file for Bowser? You need it.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Okay so victory portaits work for me, but not menu character selection screen portaits. Does ANYONE know why this happens?

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
I can't figure out custom portaits...The Readme is sort of confusing. Do I actually need Wii Scrubber for it to work or can I just do it with the SD card the same way as textures?

Anyway, I put common_en.pac in Needed Files, so running Step 1.bat extracts apparently all the default tga portaits for all the character costumes. So what I try to do next is take someone elses tga file for a character costume and toss it in the newfiles directory with the pcs and pac files for that characters costume and then run Step 2.bat. Then...nothing new really happens, only common_en.pac shows up in the system directory inside newfiles. Nothing shows up in the menu folder. So what am I doing wrong?
Er, basically clear your whole newfiles folder (excluding the .tgas you want), then toss in the new .tga big and small files and then run step 2.

EDIT: Bizkit, did you update your SD Loader code to v1.1?

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Unless it was updated in the last week, then yes I have 1.1. Victory portaits work but not menu selection. According to the guide, they're the same file. I put the big tga in the needed files folder, that's all I need, right? Step 2.bat generates the common5_en.pac which I rename to common5.pac and then the brrss or whatever file for portaits. So any idea why they're not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom