• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

mofo_

Smash Ace

Conti

Smash Ace
ok i talked about this like a week ago, and posted it on Kitty Corp but no hits, So here is my Request... i've seen sports fan diddys... and Well i like the Color Purple and i like the Minnesota Vikings [Im not super into sports but i do like football and im into their Running back, "Adrian Peterson" #28], in football, so if someone could make a mini texture hack of a viking's Jersey on diddy... just maybe putting A Viking's Symbol on his Hat, maybe on the front of his shirt with the number [not that big]... and on his back to have maybe "PETERSON" Up top, with a Big Number 28... and change Diddy's Fur to a Blackish [not Dark Brown]

Here's a Pic of him... http://www.dailypilot.com/dailyblogger/svirgen/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/apphoto.jpg

And the Jersey... http://www.nfldream.net/images/products/jerseys/905656.jpg

and here's the viking Symbol... http://www.insidesocal.com/yucaipanow/Vikings3.jpg

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Alright, whenever I download a texture, it always comes in .rar format. It needs to be in .pcs format, right? How do I convert .rar to .pcs?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I believe you need to download a software that lets you extract the files from it. You should find one if you just google it.

Mit

Smash Ace
Alright, whenever I download a texture, it always comes in .rar format. It needs to be in .pcs format, right? How do I convert .rar to .pcs?
There is no converting of .rar. Are you familiar with .zip files? They unzip with Winzip, or built-in extractors from your operating system?

.rar is another form of .zip files. They're archives. It's one file that stores many other files.

In order to unzip .rar files, as well as just about any other archive file, google "Winrar" or "7zip". Both programs are free (Winrar says it's a trial, but the trial lasts forever), powerful, and can handle just about anything you throw at them.

Download one, install it, right click on the .rar file, and you should have some options to 'extract' the files from the .rar. You should be able to figure it out at that point. Extract your .pcs or .pac files to wherever you desire and enjoy.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
O dear...

This is basic computer stuff.

Extract the contents of a RAR file before attempting anything else.

Use WinRAR.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I have the Homebrew channel and Gecko OS, I'm trying to download textures and I just got code manager but I dont understand how it works at all I copied every code posted here and tried to get it working but I couldnt for the life of me any help on how to use code manager?

Edit: I got it working I have to save a .txt file to the root of my sd card which codes do I copy and paste from your list all of them? and then what do I do say open with code manager and it automatically works?

mofo_

Smash Ace
I have the Homebrew channel and Gecko OS, I'm trying to download textures and I just got code manager but I dont understand how it works at all I copied every code posted here and tried to get it working but I couldnt for the life of me any help on how to use code manager?

Edit: I got it working I have to save a .txt file to the root of my sd card which codes do I copy and paste from your list all of them? and then what do I do say open with code manager and it automatically works?
copy the file patch 3.5 code and if youre in north america use NTSC, if europe use PAL, if japan use JP

make sure you saved the text file like this
Code:
RSBE01 (<--if youre PAL it is RSBP01, japan RSBJP01 )
Super Smash Bros  Brawl

codes
01234567 89ABCDEF
01234567 89ABCDEF
01234567 89ABCDEF
01234567 89ABCDEF
(comments)

code
01234567 89ABCDEF
01234567 89ABCDEF
01234567 89ABCDEF
01234567 89ABCDEF
01234567 89ABCDEF
(comments)
there are other syntax you can use in the code manager text

open up code manager and browse to find your txt file and open it

it should look like

(in the corner) Game ID: RSBE(P/J)01
Game Title: Super Smash Bros Brawl

then there should be boxes along w/ the codes name

check the box if you want to use the code. when you click on the code, itll appear on the sidebox : make sure that the title isnt in the sidebox ex:
Code:
01234567 89ABCDEF
01234567 89ABCDEF
01234567 89ABCDEF
should be like that

when youre done choosing your codes, press Export GCT on the bottom, or by going to the top: File>export

a window will appear prompting you to select the drive your SD card is in, find it then press export and it will go in to your codes folder.

humble

Smash Ace
Well I am going to be beginning texture hacking tomorrow as soon as I get access to my PC, today I went out and bought a USB SD card reader. To start, is this guide up to date? I think brawlbox replaces several of the programs mentioned, but I'm not sure exactly which; any things I should know before I start? Oh, and last question, is it possible to change the shape of the eye on a character?

This is the guide I am talking about: http://brawlhacks.wikia.com/wiki/The_Beginner's_Guide_(Part1)

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
What are you looking for, for Jiggs? Anything in particular, or just something spiffy? If you have a request, I wouldn't mind playing around with her texture. Haven't tried anything with her yet.
I like natural-looking textures, not too overdone like DK's Zangief or Ganon's Billy Mays and stuff that just look bad, lol. Das Donkey Team does great textures that look really natural, like they could be on the game originally.

I guess something colorful (Blue?) with a cool little design on the back (Maybe Smash Bros symbol? Idk, whatever) Not too distracting, but noticeable. I hope that was confusing enough... haha.

I would definitely appreciate it. I main Jiggz in B+ and there aren't many fun textures. I would love you forever.

zaf

Smash Lord
well, i downloaded the fixed no shoulder samus pac file and just placed it in her fighter folder. but nothing has changed. is there something i am missing? do i have to re-name it to something else?

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
@zaf- make sure you placed it in private-wii-app-RSBP or E for ntsc I think-pf-fighter-samus
The default name of the file should be right but just check that its FitSamus00.pac

It should replace samus' original suit.

zaf

Smash Lord
@zaf- make sure you placed it in private-wii-app-RSBP or E for ntsc I think-pf-fighter-samus
The default name of the file should be right but just check that its FitSamus00.pac

It should replace samus' original suit.
it is named that and i placed it in that folder too.

im stumped

G Sus117

Smash Rookie
OK. everytime I try to apply a texture to smashville it doesn't work. Im naming right, and putting it in the right directory, so I have no idea what the problem is. Help?

mofo_

Smash Ace
what did you name it?what directory?what texture?

@Zaf : in the thread
How to use:
New Texture:
1) Open the PAC inside brawlbox
2) Apply your textures
3) File >> Save As >> yourfile.PCS <-- Save as PCS to show up in game.
4) Place on SD card in the appropriate space. (And remember that characters who transform in-game require both the PAC and PCS.)
its like the first thing

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Question:

When Im downloading textures occasionally I get .jpegs, .text (Readme's), and TGAs. Do I need to keep them or do I only need the .pac and/or .pcs

G Sus117

Smash Rookie
Ive tried the winter smashville, which is the one I really want to use, the forgotten city one and the twilight one, placing it in the /stage folder and naming it stgvillage_XX

Deprece

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this has been discussed or not but I'm having problems with editing textures in Brawl+. I edit Captain Falcon's texture. It works but it completely screws up the physics of brawl+. Can anyone help me?

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I don't know if this has been discussed or not but I'm having problems with editing textures in Brawl+. I edit Captain Falcon's texture. It works but it completely screws up the physics of brawl+. Can anyone help me?
I don't have any texture making experience, but I know that to make textures, you edit the .png files inside a .pac, if that helps at all.

Maybe you're editing his fitcaptain.pac as opposed to fitcaptainXX.pac?

Deprece

Smash Cadet
I don't have any texture making experience, but I know that to make textures, you edit the .png files inside a .pac, if that helps at all.

Maybe you're editing his fitcaptain.pac as opposed to fitcaptainXX.pac?
I'm just inserting someone's texture

mofo_

Smash Ace
Ive tried the winter smashville, which is the one I really want to use, the forgotten city one and the twilight one, placing it in the /stage folder and naming it stgvillage_XX
did you put .pac after it? ex: STGVILLAGE_00.pac

lol im using forgotten city, winter, tristam, stone world, and toonville and i have no problems.

Top Bottom