• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Tech/Lubbock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
It's gonna be Marth's Tragedy when he runs afoul of the Hooded Junior Executioner. And Officer Knee (a.k.a. Captain Steroids) is gonna become M.I.A.

Alright, all trash talk aside, notify me if we going to Smash today. Or come to my room (with appropriate warning, of course.)

That was trash talk?

Twnkl

Smash Cadet
O_O ...Tell me more Twnkl.
Haha, gladly. Look up Crimethinc. I'm reading one of their books at this very moment discussing the lifestyles of people without money and without jobs, and how they get by. It's fascinating. Very few people have no jobs at all, so the majority works about two weeks to two months a year, using that little money to live. Commonly they find abandoned houses or shacks and fix them up. They grow their own gardens for food and things like that. It's admirable, imo.

It's basically an anarchist movement that rejects the materialistic tendencies of America, so that may not exactly be what you're looking for...

On the topic so Matt doesn't yell at me, I'm trying to pick up Doc. Any suggestions? I'd like to play sometime this week to try him out. Maybe I'll just wait until the usual Wednesday gettogether?

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Something about how unique it was...yet he only put half effort into it? I don't really know or care.

As it stands there will be no entry at Saturday's tournament, and I don't care if Ryan or Shawn shows up. If they do, great if they don't, woopedeedo. Since it doesn't involve money I will probably play in singles. I don't know what Austin will do because he can make decisions by himself.

On a side note there was a TA for the last tournament however it was on the wednesday before. I do believe that affected the attendance, but I also think that the entry fee was starting to deter people from coming again. Since no one except Ryan has the condition that there must be prizes for them to come I'm willing to make that sacrifice. Also Adam has done me a favor and already posted one TA this week, and I will get another one this week(hopefully on thursday or friday).

If you are wondering why I don't care its because until Brawl comes out I don't plan on putting any serious time into smash bros. I am trying to graduate after all.
It's not very hard to understand. I got into Smash alongside Tekken and had a genuine interest in Smash, but as while I was competing to be the world champion in Tekken 5 I started to lose interest in Smash because of my ambition for Tekken. About me 'not trying' in smash, that's not true at all. I'm saying I didn't try even 25% as hard as I did in Tekken, which is my standard for being competitive. So when I say, I'm not competitive in Smash. It means I didn't go to practice mode, try to figure out things the rest of the world didn't know, attend tournaments that were solely smash, etc. Most of my experience came from just mindlessly clashing with Roy on days that we could play, which wasn't very often. As for why I'm interested in Smash now is because I didn't go to EVO2007 for Tekken 5: DR (another story), Brawl, Lubbock's community is large for smash, and Shawn.

Now I'm typing this at a hotel really quick for my mom's birthday, but if you care (which you already said you don't) that's why.

In my honest belief, I didn't play smash competitively at all.

I'm going swimming.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
As for why I'm interested in Smash now is because I didn't go to EVO2007 for Tekken 5: DR (another story), Brawl, Lubbock's community is large for smash, and Shawn.

You just wanna own me don't you Ryan?:lick:

@Twnkl: That doesn't sound comfortable though...

felix45

Smash Lord
@ryan - last blade 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rs_OlfxtyY

I use speed lee because I always mess up the button sequence to get EX lee. but yeah that is LB2.

I guess I'm going to have to pick up 3rd strike if I want to not get bored next time. that was the only game you guys were playing that i can get on mame right? edit: ok I went and got mame++ and the rom and I already have neogeo but it isn't working so if you know what I need to do help please

and ryan you didn't show me those fox tricks you said you would! oh well I guess next time you will have to.

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
@ryan - last blade 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rs_OlfxtyY

I use speed lee because I always mess up the button sequence to get EX lee. but yeah that is LB2.

I guess I'm going to have to pick up 3rd strike if I want to not get bored next time. that was the only game you guys were playing that i can get on mame right? edit: ok I went and got mame++ and the rom and I already have neogeo but it isn't working so if you know what I need to do help please

and ryan you didn't show me those fox tricks you said you would! oh well I guess next time you will have to.
Oh yeah, CvS2 and 3S/SF2 Anniversary are on XBOX Live. Both are almost the same for the PS2 ports, at least 3S/SF2. Cvs2 has been adjusted: Some of the top tier characters are tonded down, super cancels for P groove, no RC, and E.O (Easy Operation) where you can do special moves with the analog stick along with having auto guard.

You don't have to pick up the other games if you don't want too.

felix45

Smash Lord
I always liked SF so playing SF 3rd stike is something I want to try and get good at. I tried alpha 3 and did pretty well w/ akuma but no one I knew really played and when online friends switched to LB2 I kinda just stopped trying at it

but since people here play 3rd strike I can try getting good at it no reason not to.

and also I guess smash wednesday right? anyone want to volunteer a place to play at?

MirrowPR

Smash Rookie
If anyone is from near kentucky im willing to play for serious money anytime. Ill bet up to 100$ to whoever wants to take a chance against me or less if u dont have any money :p. My emails karlos_mirow@hotmail.com for whoever feels like losing. Will play for fun but preferably for money ;)

Twnkl

Smash Cadet
Kentucky? That's close. Be right there.

About Wednesday, I'll volunteer, as long as people help me move my TV into the living room area. Also, you have to be able to put up with my roommate's terrible stench. I'll get an air freshener in there Tuesday night.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is from near kentucky im willing to play for serious money anytime. Ill bet up to 100$ to whoever wants to take a chance against me or less if u dont have any money :p. My emails karlos_mirow@hotmail.com for whoever feels like losing. Will play for fun but preferably for money ;)
This isn't the Kentucky thread, so you should look around and find it. If for some reason it doesn't exist, you may have to create it. But as it stands, I don't think anyone is going to drive 10+ hours for a $100 money match.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
If you drive here to Lubbock I'll do a $100 money match, seriously. Might be interesting.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman

I will definately mm you if you come here, that would be fun. You need to find someone you can play though, trust me CPUs will make you worse. http://youtube.com/watch?v=pWfBe1RjKcw

Oh man, I can't wait for 08... February 10th Brawl comes out, Feb 22 is free pancake day at IHOP. I don't know which I am more excited about!:chuckle:

felix45

Smash Lord
About Wednesday, I'll volunteer, as long as people help me move my TV into the living room area. Also, you have to be able to put up with my roommate's terrible stench. I'll get an air freshener in there Tuesday night.
I'll help

@mirrow - I'm down for $20 if you end up in lubbock or dallas someday.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Wow that video you posted has 19 views, Shawn. The guy doesn't even techroll, lol.

MirrowPR

Smash Rookie
Of course it worsens to play against cpu but what do u do when u move to a place that nobody plays smash, just country music and banjos' XD. As for the other comments u dont need to techroll, L cancel or wavedash to beat cpu, thats why u didnt see any of that. U can never shine against cpu so why try? Im planning on going back to Puerto Rico in december and maybe uploading a decent fight or two with my buddy's. Thats a old video of me recording a match for the hell of it. I thought nobody would find such a ridiculous video in youtube but i guess when u offer 100$ for whoever can beat u, people research and look things up. Offer still stands and the only thing i can say is that ive watched dozens of videos and done some research about smash myself for over two years. I know how good the pros play, and i also know how good i can play. And if anyone thinks i suck... well... come kick my butt or get urs eaten XD.

ps. oh and if anyone knows where the "kentucky smashers" r id be glad to leave to another thread :)

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kentucky is either Atlantic South or Midwest forums I'm not sure.

You're definitely in the wrong region. Lubbock, Texas, for instance (what this thread is supposed to be about) is about 1100 miles from Kentucky...

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Kentucky is either Atlantic South or Midwest forums I'm not sure.

You're definitely in the wrong region. Lubbock, Texas, for instance (what this thread is supposed to be about) is about 1100 miles from Kentucky...
Funny thing is, I looked in both those regions and never found Kentucky. 'Course, I could be blind. Point is, if there really is no Kentucky thread, it would be a good idea for either MirrowPR or somebody else to create one.

On another note, I plan to attend the Smashfest at Twnkl's place (Twnkl=Ty, right?) You may want to post the exact location here for people who don't have accounts on TechGaming. If you need me to come early to help with that TV, just say the word.

EDIT: Found it, here's the link:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=79607&highlight=Kentucky

Twnkl

Smash Cadet
1221 Carpenter Wells. When you're facing the door you enter where the tournaments are held (on the clocktower side), turn right and go down that hallway. The next courtyard you enter, my building is on your left. I don't care what time you guys come around, though no earlier than 5...

For organization's sake, let's say 6

Call me at 2146952908 if you have any questions

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Wow that video you posted has 19 views, Shawn. The guy doesn't even techroll, lol.

Yeah, haha. Don't need to know how to techroll for me to want to money match you for 100$, you really don't... Really.:)

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, haha. Don't need to know how to techroll for me to want to money match you for 100$, you really don't... Really.:)
Even if you could money match him, you wouldn't be able to show up anyways because you can't get a ride huh? :laugh:

On another note, how is good old Serg doing? Robby is slacking a lot a Smash, and working.

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
1221 Carpenter Wells. When you're facing the door you enter where the tournaments are held (on the clocktower side), turn right and go down that hallway. The next courtyard you enter, my building is on your left. I don't care what time you guys come around, though no earlier than 5...

For organization's sake, let's say 6

Call me at 2146952908 if you have any questions
Is this for tuesday or wednesday?

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Even if you could money match him, you wouldn't be able to show up anyways because you can't get a ride huh? :laugh:

On another note, how is good old Serg doing? Robby is slacking a lot a Smash, and working.

Too true, haha. Serg is ok, got hit in the face with a wooden sword the other day but he is fine still, doesn't play much smash but we get to every now and then. I would say he is a little better now imo, I can't figure out why. But we only play usually like once a month maybe. You getting alot better Andrew?

Twnkl

Smash Cadet
Too true, haha. Serg is ok, got hit in the face with a wooden sword the other day but he is fine still, doesn't play much smash but we get to every now and then. I would say he is a little better now imo, I can't figure out why. But we only play usually like once a month maybe. You getting alot better Andrew?
No...Andrew is really bad.

MAYBE popcorn, felix. Maybe.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
You getting alot better Andrew?
Because I'm asian, I can easily replicate Andrew's exact response. It would go something like, "Oh, I don't know, about the same, I guess. I haven't been able to play much because of school, but (blahblahblahblah)"

Lol. Just kidding. But I'm hoping everyone learned at least a little since we played games at my house for like 10 hours until like 4 in the ****ing morning. Btw, I don't know if I said GGs to everyone that Night. So, GGs Andrew, David, Fabian, Felix, Adam, and of course the people that don't matter (fabian's brother, me, Julius, blah).

Oh ****, I have something to show you guys, too.

****ing disgusting, please don't get fooled. You might question your sexuality. :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImiWj452oMo

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha, that is a good prediction Ryan. So who is the best out of these newer players? Is it Felix in your opinion? If they are not new players, sorry. I even thought Jake was new, but Serg told me about him. I can't remember names well.:dizzy:

Btw Ryan, I will forever hate you for the video you have just posted, I thought one of the last manchicks was hot, also the asian girl but she was actually a girl. On that note... ANDREW AND RYAN: Tell your moms and sisters about me, I won't go for your sis Ryan because I know Serg reserved that spot. But any other female relatives of yours I would be happy to meet. =)

jra64

Smash Journeyman
In an attempt to offend people:

The Lubbock ranking goes:

Me
Sintinel
Crono / Felix (They give me the same amount of problem)
Andrew / Jake / Julius
Chase
Davie / Adam

I realize that Andrew usually beats Felix, but lately, that hasn't been the case, so that's my reasoning in ranking him higher. Andrew either hasn't been playing as well as he used to, or Felix has gotten better.

I'm not going to judge Twinkle, cause I have no idea when he's trying or not.

EDIT: Shawn, be more than happy to introduce you to my Mom. LOL =D.

EDIT2: Also, I know quite a bit of Filipino chicks that would probably **** you if you play them correctly. You can't party in Lubbock, though =P.

felix45

Smash Lord
@boba - aside from me the only other new smasher is prime time but he really isn't very good.

@ryan - I'd say andrew and I go even for the most part. for our matches it really just depends on who has control on the ground, at least it always seems that way.

also crono beats me every time because I cant beat spamus. I gotta have more practice against the spamming machine! sint....well I only played his DK w/ luigi and that was when I first got here and wasn't so great so I dunno how I play vs him.

Prime Time

Smash Apprentice
WHAT DO YOU MEAN IM NOT VERY GOOD???

down+a and Down+b is all i need...

=D
ps. jake or andrew...frat party this weekend, you guys are more than welcomed to come =)

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
@boba - aside from me the only other new smasher is prime time but he really isn't very good.

@ryan - I'd say andrew and I go even for the most part. for our matches it really just depends on who has control on the ground, at least it always seems that way.

also crono beats me every time because I cant beat spamus. I gotta have more practice against the spamming machine! sint....well I only played his DK w/ luigi and that was when I first got here and wasn't so great so I dunno how I play vs him.
I'm not new, perse, but BOBA hasn't seen me before. From his standpoint, I'm new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom