• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Tech/Lubbock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
I like the new handicap system for Brawl. They should also make it where people can have different stock counts =D.

Twnkl

Smash Cadet
No fair, you got a headstart

BTW--

I met a guy tonight who told me he used to be competitive at smash, and he knows about wavedashing and l-cancelling and all of that, so next time we all play I'm going to invite him as well.

On an unrelated note, I watched him play Assassin's Creed tonight and that game kicks *** so badly. It's incredible.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Hey Ty, what's the guy's name?

EDIT: Felix's video post is badass.

Twnkl

Smash Cadet
I don't really know who he plays as. He said he liked Marth and Peach but I'm not certain as to who he mains. His name is Garva, and he lives next door to my friends in Murray. If he's half as good at Smash as he is at Halo, then he'll be competition enough.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Why do you think he's so good at Halo?

BTW, Felix... Why do you like Corneria so much with Fox?

felix45

Smash Lord
because I can run and camp easily as well as be gay with bair/shine.

also it has low ceiling and uneven ground making it harder for marth to chaingrab. so pretty much everything on corneria is working in my favor :p

but I only play it in tournaments I'm not that serious about winning friendlies.

edit: it isn't hard to be good at halo. it takes about 2 days tops lol

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
so pretty much everything on corneria is working in my favor :p
except when you lose the percent/stock lead :p

Ryan knows not to take a Samus there after what happened that one time. Longest freakin match ever, so long that we went to sudden death. Unfortunately Ryan did not know about the bob-ombs that start to fall down after a period of time.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
That hasn't happened to me since I first started playing this game, that is a sucky way to lose... It is funny though.:cool:
I really like corneria though, it was the only stage I used against Roy that I won on a little more than he did, but either way all our matches there were usually under 2 minutes.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants free Guitar Hero III for PC that was released on Monday I have all the required files if you want. After so much time and effort my laptop can't run the ****ing game anyways. So I figured someone might be able to use it. Here's my instructions...

1) Download it, I don't know if I can post the torrent here or not...
2) Mount with Alcohol or Daemon (Daemon is required for later anyways.)
3) Install
4) Here you're supposed to burn to DVD +R because bull**** securerom will detect if you are using alcohol / Daemon.
5) If you're me, and you have to find a way to run it without a physical disc, download Yasu 1.4. Yasu cloaks your virtual drives on Daemon Tools.

Latest version of SPTD driver (Required to install daemon tools and cloak virtual drives)
http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads/

Daemon Tools 4.06 (Must be this version)
http://filehippo.com/download/1cb4523e3136102f550db69c7044e4e2/download/

Yasu - http://yasu.copybase.org/

6) Cloak your drives and play.

Heh... Took some time. So I might as well give it to someone.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
o i know lets buy like a bunch of ice cream and just pig out

or do something not woman like idk :p

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Man, I just got down with all my crap today as of right now. From freaking 9 AM until now, and I didn't even sleep much. This will be the worst weekend ever......:urg:

On a more positive note, that was a pretty cool half time show, although it the drill for it probably wasn't that hard and the performance of the music wasn't the greatest at times. I was in marching band for 3 years, 2nd in state in 2002.

felix45

Smash Lord
yeah LD bell ***** at marching band. sucks *** at everything else.

I really truly only liked the tetris one. the rest weren't that great. love that russian music, so badass. techno remix ftw :D

also sint if you are serious about playing I will IM you!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
It took like 24 hours for me to get that stupid game so that you ****ers could ignore it =P. LOL.

Felix has been diein' for some games lately... I'll definitely tell you the next time I'll play... I really actually want to blow your *** up with remote mines, though.

I was so ****ing good at that game... =(...

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
How did you fair, did you lose all of them? Play Bowser any?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
mostly teams, so depended who my partner was and yes

and why should it matter who i play ;x

Twnkl

Smash Cadet
Austin, I bought the Orange Box tonight.

How do I find you guys on TF2?

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****, I've been wanting to play Orange Box. But right now none of the computers have any space...

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
gotta make a steam account and put people on your friends list

Im Sintenal on steam

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
I want the orange box, but I don't have a 360 so I am playing HL2 episode 2 on my crappy computer.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
I'll be leaving for home in about an hour. If anyone from DFW wants to Smash during the break, here's my address:

5791 Maryanne Place
Haltom City, TX, 76137

Probably best of you Mapquest it; I don't think it's farther than 15 minutes from any of you who live in DFW.

However, I cannot guarantee availability, nor willingness to play. I'm just writing the address in case I am available and willing.

Another warning; my parents are strict about language. So bear that in mind (especially YOU, Andrew, don't be dropping certain words casually like you do at your place; I'm sure you know which word I'm talking about.)

As as always, call me before you decide to show up; otherwise an awkward situation might ensue. And I haven't decided whether to go to Dr. Drew's tournament. If I go, I won't be teaming with any of you and you shouldn't count on me being in the crew this time, either.

In any event, enjoy your Thanksgiving break, even though I'm taking mine a few days early.

felix45

Smash Lord
Ty you should have waited till next friday! 25 dollars at best buy! duuuuh!
edit: do you guys do teamspeak or anything like that while playing? I didn't see a mic anywhere on phil's compy.

@ryan - lol james bond is just TOO FAST! he runs past them and shoots you in the face! and right now looks like I am the best! *poses* YEAH! :p

smash today anyone?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
there's a speak function within the game so you dont really need teamspeak or anything

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about dropping certain words Adam, I'm trying to keep my mouth shut at all times now unless you guys are talking about Fox or Shiek. As far as Dr.Drew's tournament, have no idea if I'm going or not. I don't know if I want to make the drive down to Plano or not.

Edit: One more thing, sorry about forgetting to informing you about Smash stuff today Matt, I kind of had a rough night on Friday so I didn't show up, and Jake woke me up today to play so I wasn't really prepared for it.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
I thought that Drew dude retired anyway. All of those players are past their prime, it is time for us next gen players to step up, let the dried up prunes die in peace... Sint counts as one of those.:psycho:

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I un-retired when Brawl got delayed. If it was coming out in 3 weeks instead of 3 months I definitely wouldn't be hosting a melee tournament at my house...

You should money match an old guy like me so you can "step up" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom