• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Tech/Lubbock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Oh you are just waiting for Brawl, hell yes I would money match you, if you are ever going through the panhandle. But maybe we will have to wait until I end up going to Plano or something since nobody ever wants to come here... -_-. I wouldn't probably go to Plano but Dallas, I go there usually once a year... Wait where do you live?O_o

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're right about me never wanting to go to the panhandle...

And yeah I live in Plano during breaks, go to A&M otherwise (though I'm graduating in May and I don't really know what's gonna happen after that lol...)

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
you must suck then if you can barely beat this old dried up prune!

doubt there will be another tourny before the end of this year

and as for next year, someone else will have to take over running these things cause this is matt's last semester or something and I am too lazy to host stuff myself, also i dont live on campus ;x

Young Danny

Smash Journeyman
You're right about me never wanting to go to the panhandle...

And yeah I live in Plano during breaks, go to A&M otherwise (though I'm graduating in May and I don't really know what's gonna happen after that lol...)
Getting a job... or taking the GRE for grad school

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
you must suck then if you can barely beat this old dried up prune!

doubt there will be another tourny before the end of this year

and as for next year, someone else will have to take over running these things cause this is matt's last semester or something and I am too lazy to host stuff myself, also i dont live on campus ;x

I would own that prune now.=P I would own his old saggy face off with a stick. =)

No tourney then, Ryan I will be coming to your house soon hopefully.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
you should go to some actual tournies instead of these things

would actually make you improve :p

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
When you are the lowest level of bum, like me, you can't go that far because you don't have a car or very much money.:ohwell:

EDIT: But it is not like it is impossible to get good alone, but I have no reason to try to get THAT good. I bet these tourneys aren't as good for improving as everyone says though, I mean... Look at Crono.=P

Haha, jk. =)

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
I've been to 4 real tournaments and only 2 count cause the other 2 were in Oklahoma, and well they're....Oklahoma. So only 2 real tournaments. I am by no means an example. In fact, I suck at this game compared to those who are truly dedicated.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
I bet these tourneys aren't as good for improving as everyone says though, I mean... Look at Crono.=P
LOL! Best post I've ever read with my slanted eye.

EDIT: Why are there no tournaments before the end of the year?! I planned on winning the next singles with Donkey Kong (but I probably couldn't beat Crono's Samus with Donkey Kong).

I didn't want to leave the tournaments for this year on a note where I didn't enter singles and ****** around in teams =/.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
That is all, I assumed you went ot alot more than that.:ohwell: Anyway, not even ONE more tourney this year? No more fun matches for old times sake?:p

...I am guessing no...

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
should be more worried that right now, there are no tournies scheduled for next year

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
I trust in you Ryan, but can I trust you to make at least one of them on a weekend?:cool:

jra64

Smash Journeyman
I have a reliable venue I can use, but I wonder if I could host them in the same room all the TGL's I've been to were...

Twnkl

Smash Cadet
Ryan, I live in Carpenter/Wells, so I can easily trade in my ID to borrow that room. So, if you want to run the tournies, I'll be happy to rent the room myself.

Hows' that sound?

Edit: And any tech student can make a techannouce about it as well

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Training mode on Brawl sounds exactly the same -_-. I hate Smash's training mode...

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
I only used training mode on melee to learn multishining with Fox, but I usually just went on melee and turned the time off with a lvl 1 present and practiced stuff. Do you use training mode?

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Yes, if it was like a real fighting game training mode it would be great, but instead you can use your c-stick to change the angle.....

Who is going to Drew's Tournament by any chance?

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
if I could use cstick in training mode I would use it.
Same here. I also practiced ledge teching with marth there, using a motions sensor bomb, with the space animals I just went to their target tests... A long time ago when I was training for technical things.

Twnkl

Smash Cadet
I won't be going to Drew's, I have a lot of things I need to do at home.

Like playing pokemon diamond, *****

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Post deleted. Unable to make Drew's due to my father wanting to leave for Lubbock on Saturday. Never EVER making plans to attend any event at the end of a break again.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
^ @ everyone who posted about future tournament at Tech:

We should decide on a date, first of all. Then it will be easier to take care of everything else.

felix45

Smash Lord
if you guys want I can host a tourney this saturday at carpenter/wells.

I was thinking maybe you guys might not want to because of finals coming up. I think it would probably be best to wait till next semester for next lubbock tourney but I'm still fine w/ having it next saturday.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
You know I'm okay with that =). I haven't touched smash since I got my PS3 =(... Have you guys heard about being able to customize your controls in Brawl? That is ****ing awesome. So many newcomers will be able to play the way they want...

felix45

Smash Lord
only bad thing about custom controls is changing them if you are going to use GCN or classic controler you cant save settings. owell. still very very good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom