• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Tech/Lubbock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

felix45

Smash Lord
er we could do one every 2 weeks if people want, but I'm afraid attendance will be low. we can try it at the begining of the semester but if there is low attendance I will keep it the way matt has done it in the past.

also matches will have 6 minute time limits instead of 8.

and afterwards if people dont mind volunteering I need people to help clean up the room and make it look nice.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Without going into details about why, my truck's no longer on campus. I can't pick you up this time.

I expect I'll be able to bring my truck to campus next semester.

Twnkl

Smash Cadet
You should be more dramatic about everything you say, Adam, I don't think you're getting the point across.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
why is this still open >.>

Final Smash 2!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=128662

Everyone in the south should come to this >.>

Last time we had 72 smashers in singles alone from 4 different states. I'm really trying to build up support for the sequel, so please post if you are showing interest!

BTW, has NM players ever traveled? No offense to the players, but I haven't even heard of the top players on that list.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
It has become the meetup for Lubbock smashers... But Matt has never edited the title.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Why would you ask about NM players in a Texas thread? Even though we are within driving distance I doubt any of them would come here since there are maybe 3 halfway decent players at most.

Title changed ya happy now?

felix45

Smash Lord
turnout was bad, I blame me not getting the tech announce in on time.

also to add insult to injury pokemon took half the players that even came.

owell brawl will bring lots of players. or at least should hopefully!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Hey did that tournament happen? I forgot there was a tournament, I haven't been keeping up much, lately =/.

felix45

Smash Lord
Hey did that tournament happen? I forgot there was a tournament, I haven't been keeping up much, lately =/.
nope, at one point there was 12 people but half of those went to go play pokemon. all of those who wanted to play pokemon didn't want a tourney so yeah :/

next time though I'll get the tech announce up and do a tourney no matter the turnout.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
If we end up with a gimpy turnout (<8) again, we could just do round robin, then finals.

Everyone plays everyone once or twice, best two records have 2 of 3 set in finals. Just a rough idea of what we could do if our turnout consists of six people again.

Twnkl

Smash Cadet
Actually, I'm the only one who left to play pokemon, besides phil, everyone else left just to hang out I guess

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! We DO have a smash community. We have decent players, we host tournaments, we have a community. It's a lot better than the what I had for a Tekken community... -_-...

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
The smash scene is totally lacking now at the end of melee, but Brawl will obviously pump some new life into it. Only thing is its gonna suck weeding out all the.....how to say.... un-innovative thinkers...alright the sucky people who don't want to learn.

felix45

Smash Lord
man it hurts me inside to know I could be playing brawl assuming the release date wasn't pushed back...owell

well weeding out people who suck wont be hard. it will just take a little time to learn how to play the game, 3 weeks tops. once everyone has their basics down the skill difference should start to shape up.

I'm kinda excited though because right now no one knows what characters/controls are the best. I'll assume wii remote by itself will suck though. not a bad assumption is it?

oh and yeah dont expect any money tourneys for brawl at least for a month into it, if not more.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
I read Ty's editorial in today's DT. The points you made are noteworthy, especially the Michael Vick bit. So, are you going to stop playing Pokemon to put an end to Pokemon cruelty? Don't answer that, I know you won't, and frankly, it's a joke.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
oh and yeah dont expect any money tourneys for brawl at least for a month into it, if not more.
Why not? People will host tournaments whenever they want... First week Soul Calibur 3 was out, there was like 10 tournaments.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
dont make me get drew in here!

wtf roy you are in houston now shoo shoo

*uses broom to shoo roy away*

felix45

Smash Lord
matt we still use this for chatting and stuff. I dont see why it should be closed...

although for the next like month it will be inactive no doubt lol

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
matt we still use this for chatting and stuff. I dont see why it should be closed...

although for the next like month it will be inactive no doubt lol
Hence it should be closed because someone else (i.e. you) will be running things next semester, and it might be a good thing to be able to edit the front page for tournament information. Also "chatting and stuff" is for instant messagers and phones.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
There's probably nobody who wants to play today or tomorrow because of exams, but I'm asking just in case. I'm fortunate enough to have only two exams this semester, in case you're thinking, "Why doesn't this idiot set time aside to study?"

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
You guys should see the new EGM magazine for this month on SF IV. They are taking a lot of the old stuff away and making it easier to play for everyone, at least it seems. Like they have unblockable supers now, kind of like that crappy Naruto fighting game on GC.

I hope SF IV doesn't take the same fate as Brawl is kind of taking right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom