• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetris Attack/Panel De Pon

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Tell her that her skills is an triple S. It's nice to know a great amount of fans for Lip.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
This brings a boost to all Lip fan's that see. Lip for Brawl!!!

I just wish that Kereokacola would update the first post.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Actually dudes, I think Panel De Pon is only coming out on the VC for Japan, while we get the Yoshi version.
Welll that was to be expected. But if Lip is confirmed, NOA might stop replacing Panel de Pon's characters with random Nintendo characters.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Sheessh... what is NOA's problem anyway?

Are they afraid of little Fairy girls or what? Or is a little girl controlling falling blocks considered child abuse of some sort...

Buncha idiots... I heard the reason was religious content problems (Satan appearing in one of the levels, could've sworn there was a dragon called Satanos or something)

Wonder how Devil World made it to the USA... :/

NukeA6

Smash Master
Sheessh... what is NOA's problem anyway?

Are they afraid of little Fairy girls or what? Or is a little girl controlling falling blocks considered child abuse of some sort...

Buncha idiots... I heard the reason was religious content problems (Satan appearing in one of the levels, could've sworn there was a dragon called Satanos or something)

Wonder how Devil World made it to the USA... :/
Religious content? There's Thanatos but he barely resembles any form of demon or Pan.

Marcman2020

Smash Cadet
I personally feel that Lip has gotten some poor treatment through the years in terms of her Panel De Pon games, when ever they've come to america, she and other characters get replaced with more familiar faces such as Yoshi and Pokemon. Not to mention that in current installments of the series, alot of people complained about the cute characters/graphics in the game, and thus many of these characters from Panel De pom have been removed, with the exception of Lip who's only used in the background of a certain stage.

I love the Panel De Pon games, and I also love the characters that go with them. There is already a chance she could appear (Lip's stick being an item, Kirby turning into a block from Panel De Pon in Melee [even though this one may not be a good reason]) I feel as though if Lip were to appear in brawl, she would get some appriciation, finally be introduced to Gamers who never played the original panel de pom series, and even help revamp the cast of characters for future games.

I know she's just a character, but as I said, she's gotten poor treatment, and I think nintendo owes her a spot in brawl for what's happened to the games. Sure, you might argue that these changes seemed best to satisfy gamers, but when you remove/replace characters from a game that's already good the way it is, you take away part of it. Other people could also argue that these characters barely mattered since they only seemed to just be in the background doing nothing, but these characters added charm and even a little personality/style to the game and combined with the music, made a very relaxing atmosphere that I've grown to love...

So I ask Lip fans to unite and discuss Lip here, and those who don't know/don't like her to give her a chance in the series...

there's also another complaint about her moveset... well, I think I can cover that... but only the B moves and final smash, I don't feel like listing a bunch of A and grab moves

B Up: Lip jumps up and pulls out a flower as an umbrella and glides on it, sort of like how Peach does with an umbrella. The only difference is that while she's doing this, she unleashes little spores that have a chance of making the opponent paralyzed

Standard B: She whacks some one with a lip stick (and has a chance of it sticking to whom she whacked). Some may argue that there's already an item based on this, but there have been items that characters also have as moves, a good example of the screw attack. It's an item, but Samus can also use it as an attack.

Side B: Pulls out a dandelion and blows on it, the seeds fly toward the opponents and damage if they hit. Not a strong attack, but it can attack from a distance.

Down B: She makes a block fall from above her and land the direction she's facing. Like Pikachu's thunder, only it's a big block falling from the sky. If it doesn't hit the opponent, it can be picked up and thrown. Sometimes a big block will fall, and if it lands it'll do extra damage, as well as knock the enemy asleep for a few secs (like Jiggly Puff's sing) the big blocks can be picked up, but they're harder to throw since they're heavy.

Final Smash: Block avalanche. Okay, not creative, but I feel like it fits best. Basiccly a giant grid full of panel de Pom blocks starts to overflow, like if some one was playing a panel de pom game and lost. As a result, blocks ran all over the place. Yes, this seems like a rip off of Lucas's final smash, but this smash doesn't nearly do as much damage. Instead, if some one gets caught in the avalanche, they'll get swept off the stage and fall off.

hope there are those who agree with this and like my ideas... Lip for Brawl!

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
Oh Lip is adorable, I would like to beat up Yoshi with her for taking her spot in those previous games.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Oh Lip is adorable, I would like to beat up Yoshi with her for taking her spot in those previous games.
That is one funny quote.

I would love to beat up Yoshi with Lip, I hope she has the Lip Stick with her when she attacks.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Thanatos (whom Bowser replaces in Tetris Attack) would be perfect for Subspace Emissary. Phoenix and the dragon seem to generic.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Thanatos (whom Bowser replaces in Tetris Attack) would be perfect for Subspace Emissary. Phoenix and the dragon seem to generic.
Well, they could put that devil in Smash Bros. as a boss. I think if Panel De Pon was a VC, then Lip would be in brawl, lol.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Now, it is all up to what icon Lip's Stick has, if it has the Smash icon, Lip is dead, but if it has it's own Panel De Pon one, victory is ours.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
She better have her Lip Stick with her. It's her signature weapon, but would she do magic with it or smack someone with the Lip Stick?

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
Bowser only replaced Thanatos in Stage Clear. Technically, Bowser replaced Corderia overall and Kamek replaced Thanatos. I can see what you mean though, since Thanatos & Bowser have the same music.

Now, it is all up to what icon Lip's Stick has, if it has the Smash icon, Lip is dead, but if it has it's own Panel De Pon one, victory is ours.
Lip's Stick, being an item from a previous installment (Melee), will likely not get an update unless it has a major change or addition to it (e.g. A Critical-Hit-like "Badly Poisoned" element). Don't count on the Stick getting its own update.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I'd find it a little ironic if Lip made it and had the DS icon (rotate it 90 degrees and you'll see what I mean).

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
fire away? I carry explosive >=D not fire, j/k. Don't be offended, everyone makes mistakes, even the very prejudice people in this forum.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
fire away? I carry explosive >=D not fire, j/k. Don't be offended, everyone makes mistakes, even the very prejudice people in this forum.
I try not to, but where I come from (NSider2) the flamers just won't give up. I had to take down both the thread and the video (I hear YouTube's twice as bad) because I went one link too far on it.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
oh well im sorry about that :( just don't give a crud about them, you have the same right to express yourself as anyone else. If they laugh, then ignore.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Thanks for Bumping this tread Zorya. How can we forget Panel De Pon's star Lip.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol, I hear that. She is the first person I want in Brawl after all. But would she look scary with a black alt color?

Top Bottom