• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For all you Melee players, you really should go to the Gamestop in Sugar Land Town Center. They are still doing weekly Melee tournament for fun (and really crappy prizes that are borderline garbage). It's the only consistent place for Melee, though turnout is extremely low...unless you guys start going.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Usually joke prizes, nothing ever good. Probably the best prize is like a T-Shirt...

But yeah, they usually have two Melee setups with one laggy TV for Brawl. Most people are interested in Melee though. If everyone that still plays Melee went, then you would easily have 10-15 people there and have a decent sized tourney going. And you can have both singles and teams. It usually starts around 4.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Usually joke prizes, nothing ever good. Probably the best prize is like a T-Shirt...

But yeah, they usually have two Melee setups with one laggy TV for Brawl. Most people are interested in Melee though. If everyone that still plays Melee went, then you would easily have 10-15 people there and have a decent sized tourney going. And you can have both singles and teams. It usually starts around 4.
that sounds fun, what days do they do the tournaments?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
First off, im not the best player in Houston.

RoyR
Sethlon
Stiltz
Trex
3000?
Xyro?

Thanks for watching my vid. Oh and Cincinnati is sheer garbage and i mean that. Houston is truly kick ***.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
no xyro stop being modest...by far you are the best...you use a potenial low tier character and still kick ***...that says alot about your skill...they others use middle to high tier characters...

yes chin-cinnati is crap...i seen there vids nothing but trash...they make Texarkana players look like legends...XD

*c.falcon own soccer players*http://allisbrawl.com/video/video.aspx?id=3269

^i lmao at this

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Not that I'm part of this region or anything but saying TGM is better for using a low tier character and it says more for his skill then the people that place higher but use high tier characters is ********. Sorry.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
hey kevin, your avatar reminded me of a game ive been trying to find for years.

anyone else remember that megaman fighting game where you could choose protoman and like leafman and mud man and scisorman(cutman?) and such? it had stages like all other typical fighting games but like leafman could make leafs float around him and such, the last boss was this muck monster thing.

it used to be in arcades, now i cant find it or remember the name, anyone know what im talkin about?

Popertop

Smash Champion
Is someone gonna have a smashfest next week?
'Cause that would be really cool...

@ Ozz: Yeah, it takes some getting used to.
A good thing to do is wait on stage, then get in the way of their recovery and then move out of the way and hit them with bairs and fairs. If you autocancel it right you can hit them off and then follow them immediately. Where do you live? You should come to the next smashfest and we can play some stuff out.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Is someone gonna have a smashfest next week?
'Cause that would be really cool...

@ Ozz: Yeah, it takes some getting used to.
A good thing to do is wait on stage, then get in the way of their recovery and then move out of the way and hit them with bairs and fairs. If you autocancel it right you can hit them off and then follow them immediately. Where do you live? You should come to the next smashfest and we can play some stuff out.
I live in sugar land.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I want to have some people play at my parents' place unless someone is actually having a smashfest that I could attend.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Are there any vids we can see of some of the "better" houston players? Like T-rex or Mr.3000 and so on and so forth?
Best Houston players:
1. Roy_R
2. Sethlon
3. Stiltzskin

They all have youtube videos.

dawn001

Smash Ace
Nice video Dawn I like to play that fox... but like you probably know... Im not Mouf ^_^ are play styles are completely different... in fact I have a different style than everyone now... not really... anyways lets just play...: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qE0TVZ8syhc
am not worried about your falco ill take it with my falco just like i beat so called a good falco gabe!!.....i hope you really go ..

*falco owns you*

heytallman

CTALL
QUIVO, you live off or Richmond and what? Richmond is a pretty big street. But yes, I know where it is, it's quite close to my house. Now, as to where exactly on it you are is another story. The closest to Richmond I live is Richmond and Gessner. We could probably work out some kind of Brawl thing if you want.

QUIVO

Smash Master
oh sweet, i have no idea where on richmond, and i just realized how big it was.

It's a street called ashlock dr. AIM me on Qkummbr if you want to talk.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Ozz I just looked at where fort bend/sugar land is and it's about 40 mins....
Depending on where you live of course.
I'm having a fest at my house this thursday.
My address:
2412 Shelia St.
Pearland TX,

Plz come ppls I need practice bad.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oooo, two people having smashfest...I'll have to go to both. :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
y do people who host smash fests live so far away from sugar land? >.<

sigh if i had my own car i wouldn't have to worry about how far you guys live.....

Popertop i guess we could have a jiggs ditto at PZ :). you'd probably beat me though, teach me ur wayz

kown

Smash Lord
ozz3000 you might be able to find a carpool. its really not even that far driving distance but i guess you got your boundaries.

Popertop

Smash Champion

sigh if i had my own car i wouldn't have to worry about how far you guys live.....

Popertop i guess we could have a jiggs ditto at PZ :). you'd probably beat me though, teach me ur wayz
lol yeah, I haven't played her in a while, I'm pretty rusty. But definitely yes.
I loved Jiggs in Melee why does she have to be trash now... :(

Maybe RT can give you a ride?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Idk about carpools, my parents probably won't let me ride with someone if they don't know who they are. We'll see.

God, I wish i had a license/car. permits are gay.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Hey popertop can i go to your smashfest?

I was aiming to have people come over tomorrow. Rockettrianer can't come until like 7 and I think Kown said he was trying to leave by 4 : (

CY

Smash Ace

are you seriously complaining about 30 minutes? i would love to be 30 minutes away from smashfests. we beaumontians have to drive an hour and a half to 2+ hours to go to these fests.

Top Bottom