• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might III! Dec. 27th [DATE SET IN STONE] Cleveland, Ohio

nojoes

Smash Ace
Someone teach me to upload Tio files or someone offer to help, I already do enough work and negotiating for this tournament.

SFG if you're interested in becoming the Grand Pubah of Match Recording we can work something out and I'd appreciate it.

I'm dead locked on the 27th, they have it pretty extensively advertised publicly on the 27th so I kind of have to leave it. I'll work on the bonuses, maybe leave them off till next time, I'm not sure yet so we'll see.

So by the end of today I'll probably have it set on the 27th and I'll be working out any other details as soon as possible.

Any questions or details anyone else is curious of?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you are wanting OOS attendance: OOS bonus

if you are wanting attendance in general (which OOS people might provide): Christmas bonus

Just be like "Merry christmas! You get free monies!" and do something like "guaranteed X$" for the top placings.

nojoes

Smash Ace
That's what I essentially had in mind for the OoS bonus, the owners were calling it an OoS bonus but it would be a guaranteed prize for anyone who won first in either brawl event. Call it what you want, it's mo' money for first place.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i can do brackets again if neccesary, and imma try and figure out how to upload the files aswell
^If yo uwere the guy at the PC, you did an excellent job. I'll help with brackets and calling out matches as well if need be.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
So is this set in stone for the 27th? I would enjoy a beginning of January one more, like the first week, and I'm sure people wouldn't mind 2 tournaments in 1 month if u could get the dates open.

If not I'll still probably find a way to get here, and If metaknight isn't banned I may be able to bring a person. Will also be bringing a setup like normal. With a melee disc too.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm down for pretty much any date. I can make it to the 27th as long as nothing occurs within the same week that causes me not to go (ex: parents need me home or going out somewhere etc.) But, it's likely I could make it to any date as long as SFG can too (he IS my ride after all haha).

jokey665

Smash Ace
I see myself probably coming to this but the 27th is meh. By the way, were the full results of the last one ever posted? I didn't stay after I got knocked out and am curious what place I was.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Jokey is a douche.

And as long as he's going, I am too. I think we should keep the Meta ban, last time was too much fun.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I hope the date stays. My partner doesn't have speech that day. But I'll come either way... at least I hope I can...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I can probably make it, but it really depends on the date. If it's any time before Christmas then no, but any time after is good with me. :)

FlipX

Smash Ace
King beef, we gotta do some melee MMs =)
And possibly some team MMs if there are people there who want to do them. Last time team MMs were the shiz

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I see myself probably coming to this but the 27th is meh. By the way, were the full results of the last one ever posted? I didn't stay after I got knocked out and am curious what place I was.
I wanna Know how I did as well and they haven't posted the results...so so so Annoying and troublesome, I pray that this gets resolved for further tournaments lazy pricks:laugh:

nojoes

Smash Ace
I wanna Know how I did as well and they haven't posted the results...so so so Annoying and troublesome, I pray that this gets resolved for further tournaments lazy pricks:laugh:
learn to read.

i addressed it in one of my previous posts.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
learn to read.

i addressed it in one of my previous posts.
true...but it doesn't mean we have the results from last tournament Mister....I mean...if you somehow still have the results...then put em up or something. Or if they are saved to the Hard drive you did the tournament stuff on...just let people see how they did when they attend the upcoming tournament...

King~

Smash Champion
the full results werent posted because no one who was around at the time knew how to upload the brackets to anywhere, and imagine since its a lan center the hard drives are wiped weekly or something but i might be wrong

if we cant figure it out before the next one,ill bring my laptop and do it that way since i downloaded tio on here

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll try to make it, probably with my bro, though it really depends on whether or not I (we?) can find a ride and whether or not I get hired ad scheduled in the coming weeks...

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Cool...I'm not trying to knock anyone...cause i know that you all search and work hard to find places to hold these tournaments...I really appreciate that and ya'll get all the love in the world for putting in so much effort...I don't know if anyone tells ya'll thank you but...On behalf of "The God Kais"...I'd like to thank you....hehehe now give me the results hehe J/k....kinda

nojoes

Smash Ace
I don't have the results. The ones from the last tournament are gone. If you want future ones help me out. The problems clean cut, I can't do everything by myself, I try my best to organize and keep the tournaments running but I have my own things I need to take care of still. So if you guys want further things I really would appreciate it because I do want to make this tournament the best it possibly could be.

the full results werent posted because no one who was around at the time knew how to upload the brackets to anywhere, and imagine since its a lan center the hard drives are wiped weekly or something but i might be wrong

if we cant figure it out before the next one,ill bring my laptop and do it that way since i downloaded tio on here
I really appreciate your help and everything King, mind if i dubb you Co-TO? You already do the job, might as well give you the title.

Also the Dec 27th is final. I'm probably going to skip on the OoS bonuses until one in January. I'll have those details soon but make plans to come the 27th, I'm thinking of lifting the metaknight ban and keeping it lifted until Jesse (Vidjo) or/and OS come prove something to me.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
They will prove MK is a very broken beach ball. lol

Btw it's cool that you're trying to make this a monthly thing.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Cool...I'm not trying to knock anyone...cause i know that you all search and work hard to find places to hold these tournaments...I really appreciate that and ya'll get all the love in the world for putting in so much effort...I don't know if anyone tells ya'll thank you but...On behalf of "The God Kais"...I'd like to thank you....hehehe now give me the results hehe J/k....kinda
If you're that curious you can at least get a ballpark range as to your position in the tourney. A tourney with 40 participants ranking goes like this

I know that BYAA! and I both got 13th and Dead got 7th. If you watch OS's videos on youtube you can see if you were still in around those times. Smash64 knocked me out of losers bracket so If he was knocked out before you, you at least got 9th, if after you got below 9th. Just compare when you were still in the tournament compared to those you know their places.

For example: I knocked one of my friends out (DeadV) the round before I was knocked out, so he was tied for 17th. He knocked out BBOY from Beegs' crew the round before that, so BBOY was tied for 25th.

Unfortunately I never faced you so I'm not sure where you would stand. I'll ask anyone I know if they faced you and the results to at least try to get a rough estimate.

If you survived for longer than my Sonic, then you were in the top 10.

Also, I know someone who's gonna be real happy MK isn't banned.

King~

Smash Champion
I don't have the results. The ones from the last tournament are gone. If you want future ones help me out. The problems clean cut, I can't do everything by myself, I try my best to organize and keep the tournaments running but I have my own things I need to take care of still. So if you guys want further things I really would appreciate it because I do want to make this tournament the best it possibly could be.

I really appreciate your help and everything King, mind if i dubb you Co-TO? You already do the job, might as well give you the title.

yea sure, plus i hate not doing anything between matches or after getting knocked out

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I may not come to this one mainly because it is the holidays and I get to see friends that I don't see any other time in the year, I'm not sure whether or not I will come tho.

Ill say a few days before the tourney.

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie
Uh just curious on the final verdict if Meta Knight is banned or not I will have to admit the tourney was fun without him though Regardless I'm gonna try to attend this one ... could be hard cause of the holidays Either way looking forward to the tourney

4% APR

Smash Champion
I'll do what I can to make it for Brawl this time. I want play some friendlies with the akron guys this time :)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
If you're that curious you can at least get a ballpark range as to your position in the tourney. A tourney with 40 participants ranking goes like this

I know that BYAA! and I both got 13th and Dead got 7th. If you watch OS's videos on youtube you can see if you were still in around those times. Smash64 knocked me out of losers bracket so If he was knocked out before you, you at least got 9th, if after you got below 9th. Just compare when you were still in the tournament compared to those you know their places.

For example: I knocked one of my friends out (DeadV) the round before I was knocked out, so he was tied for 17th. He knocked out BBOY from Beegs' crew the round before that, so BBOY was tied for 25th.

Unfortunately I never faced you so I'm not sure where you would stand. I'll ask anyone I know if they faced you and the results to at least try to get a rough estimate.

If you survived for longer than my Sonic, then you were in the top 10.

Also, I know someone who's gonna be real happy MK isn't banned.
Ummmm I won my first match in the Winners bracket....then I lost the second match in the winners bracket I think it was against Dead if he mains Falco...Ummmm Then I won four matches in the Losers bracket...Then loss 2-1 against someone who used falco first then Swtiched to GW after I beat his Falco. I use Kirby so...I'm not sure if anyone was around to witness that match...Though in 2 previous matches I had 2 Kirby Dittos which I won...But Ummm yeah I should have did fairly well...

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Ummmm I won my first match in the Winners bracket....then I lost the second match in the winners bracket I think it was against Dead if he mains Falco...Ummmm Then I won four matches in the Losers bracket...Then loss 2-1 against someone who used falco first then Swtiched to GW after I beat his Falco. I use Kirby so...I'm not sure if anyone was around to witness that match...Though in 2 previous matches I had 2 Kirby Dittos which I won...But Ummm yeah I should have did fairly well...

It sounds like you lost to Dead then lost in the losers brackets against Glov (I know Glov uses falco and G&W) Then Glov lost to Dead the round after that and Dead lost to OS for 7th. Therefore I'm pretty sure you tied with me and BYAA! for 13th.

jokey665

Smash Ace
I lost to Kel in losers after beating a G&W/ROB player... I don't remember who I lost to in winners but I'm fairly certain he played Fox. No idea where I am in the standings.

nojoes

Smash Ace
As of now I'm strongly leaning to lifting the ban on metaknight, I'm not comfortable with banning him again nor completely convinced that he should be as of now. Hands down best character in the game? Yes. Bannable? Questionable. The current metagame of metaknights I have played has not convinced me. If you want him banned come to my tournament and **** everyone and myself with metaknight.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
It sounds like you lost to Dead then lost in the losers brackets against Glov (I know Glov uses falco and G&W) Then Glov lost to Dead the round after that and Dead lost to OS for 7th. Therefore I'm pretty sure you tied with me and BYAA! for 13th.
Haha...Yeah Glov was his name...I felt I should have beat him...But oh Well... at least I didn't get ranked in the 20th+ places...hehe...Next one... will be different...God Kais FTW:chuckle:

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
kinda OT, but is anyone else going to the Pittsburgh tournament the day after this one? I'm just curious

Top Bottom