• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I decided I'm going to be taking another break from Smashboards (and all social media) again. Staring Wednesday and through all of Sunday.

I don't think anyone would have cared or noticed but I figured I'd say it anyway just to make sure I do it.
That’s not true your a cool user. Enjoy the break though, sometimes it’s needed!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So I decided I'm going to be taking another break from Smashboards (and all social media) again. Staring Wednesday and through all of Sunday.

I don't think anyone would have cared or noticed but I figured I'd say it anyway just to make sure I do it.
I'll see you Sunday, man.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Many of us are reeeeeeally bored. If you have any things to talk about, now’s a good time
Alright, I'll update my top 100 favorite fictional characters list

Also, for ANYONE who's followed my top 100 favorite fictional character rankdown, THE NEXT SECTION BEGINS NOW! Oh, and fair warning...you're gonna see a LOT of anime in this next section. :colorful: Spoilers ahead as well...
#30-26:

30. Rintaro Okabe
Steins;Gate

1563242593398.png

Lovely mad scientist who's obsessed with time travel (and is a Doctor Who fan in my headcanon), Okabe is hilarious. I love how crazy he is with his science experiments, and how he has all these ridiculous ways of trying to figure out the madness of time travel. His base character is interesting enough, but with how he has to save "Christina's" life through going back in time in order to stop some crazy catastrophic event from happening in the universe, his character REALLY grows during his journey throughout the anime. Okabe ends up becoming someone who learns how to care for other people's emotions, and matures along the way. It's masterful how him and his crew end up saving the day in the end, and the third act of the show was a total joyride to see. There are many other tragic events that Okabe and co. have to fix on this show, but I won't go into too much depth with it.

29. Izumi Curtis
Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

1563242869113.png

My third favorite character in the FMA franchise lands in a very good 29th place on this ranking (yes, two FMA characters are still in. I may give hints as to who they are later :p ). Anyway, Izumi's amazing. Her backstory is very tragic, with trying to bring her child back to life but of course...since resurrection is taboo in alchemy, her curse is where her insides are completely butchered and altered for the worse. But, what's incredible is that she's probably the toughest character in the whole series. Even Olivier and Alex Armstrong are intimidated by Izumi! Izumi is INCREDIBLY tenacious, and was for sure the MVP in the Sloth fight in Brotherhood. How she's fought tooth and nail to get the most out of her life despite her tragic past is very admirable, and in the Brotherhood version of the show...her insides are even healed! She gets a happy ending in Brotherhood. The end of her arc, on the other hand, unfortunately ends in death in the 03 version. Even still, no matter what version of FMA you're watching...Izumi's tenacity and roughness is something to marvel, and it makes her out to be one of the most likable characters in the series.

28. America
Hetalia

1563243138905.png

'MURICA

This character gets down every single American stereotype to a T! IT'S AMAZING! And this character's amazingly funny :laugh:He's one of my favorite fictional characters because of how funny he is! All of the most notable American stereotypes are rolled up into one personality: he's friendly, but loud. He's brave, but obnoxiously arrogant. And he loves his burgers and American style bomber jackets and loves being the hero in his own story. His one-liners are also priceless and he plays off the other characters very well, especially his friendly rival in England (made even better by how this friendly rivalry is one sided, as England obsesses over it but America is chill and doesn't give two craps lol). The English dub is also the icing on the cake, since the English dub gets the accents near perfect for each character. Watching Hetalia in the original Japanese just doesn't feel right, because of how the English dub pulls off the stereotypes and accents well. And, America's the funniest character in my opinion and is the most entertaining because of how over the top he is! Love this guy.

27. L Lawliet
Death Note

1563243677532.png

L is amazing! <3 I recently finished my 6th watch of Death Note, and I love L more than ever. He's possibly my favorite "intellectual" archetype character of all time. I love how him and Light have a battle of wits in the show; it makes thinking look cooler than ever. Secondly, he's the epitome of cool. He's got this non-chalant laidback personality despite his brain always moving at 110 miles per hour. He's also quirky and cool at the same time, with his quirkiness elevating his coolness. How he sits, talks on the phone...at least a couple of us have tried to mimick his mannerisms. xD I certainly have, especially when I was still in college. Finally, I LOVE his development. Unlike his counterpart and polar opposite (and enemy) in Light Yagami, L went from being someone who fought for the greater good but was still prideful and shady into someone that became the most humble person on the Task Force. He went from being in the shadows and freely going outside the law to catch criminals...to washing Light's feet out of kindness and humility. L was aloof for the majority of his time on the show, and yet despite suspecting Light as the mass murderer known as "Kira" (in which L was correct, but discovered such fact too late), L still treated Light like his best friend during L's final arc, the Yotsuba arc. L was an aloof, shady detective...and morphed into a still introverted yet secretly kind and humble person. I love that positive development that he has, and he is one of the most likeable heroes that anime has ever given us.

26. Light Yagami
Death Note

1563244327180.png

For every good hero, there needs to be an equally good villain...and Light isn't just a good villain...he's one of the BEST villains in fictional history. On a side note, it didn't feel right separating Light and L, so Light is only one spot above L.

Anyway, I LOVE LIGHT YAGAMI. It's not often that we see the story through the villain's eyes...and yet, Light is the MAIN character of death note. Yet, Light is the bad guy! L is the good guy. And yet somehow...I like Light ever so slightly more than L. I think it's a mix of Brad Swaile's voice acting and also Light's EPIC downfall. Light starts out as a mild-mannered, mature high school student who picks up the infamous Death Note that death god Ryuk places in the human world... you guys all know, you write a person's name in teh death note and that person dies, yada yada Light uses it to kill criminals and goes crazy on power and considers himself as a god etc etc and then L has to stop Light since Light's killing a LOT of people left and right with this death note and has become Japan's top serial killer...yeah, you get the picture. If you somehow haven't heard of Death Note's premise, just look at wikipedia.

But either way, Light's downfall is EPIC. When he picks up that death note and desires to become "GOD OF THE NEW WORLD", he lets his power go to his head. He goes from a kind yet responsible and justice-filled high schooler into a megalomaniac who's hellbent on killing anyone who gets in his way of his goal. Unlike L, who has a positive growth, Light grows more and more evil, until L's successor Near finally catches Light...and Light laughs his infamous maniacal laugh and reveals himself to be Kira. When Light Yagami laughs in episode 37...that is my FAVORITE scene in the entire show. Absolutely brilliant in summarizing just how far Light fell. Just think of the life he could've had if he never used the notebook...but he used it. Far too much. And we see a valuable life lesson in Light that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I also love how opposite L and Light are. Light starts off being very upstanding and honorable, but degrades into being the most despicable person on the face of the earth. L, as said before, gets kinder and more noble as the series goes on. Light's theme color is a blazing, fiery red...while L's is a calm and cool blue. Light is an ENTJ, the tenacious maverick and go-getting leader. L is an INTP, the quiet and quirky intellectual. Light prefers using a PC, while L is a Mac user. They're so hilariously opposite that it makes the show all the more entertaining. I'm so glad a character like Light exists. He may be easy to hate later in the series, but he is BRILLIANT...even a little more brilliant than L, in my opinion.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Borded, so here's an orginization of series in Smash:
  • Absolute Best: Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, Bayonetta, Castlevania, Xenoblade Cbronicles, Mega Man (X line)
  • The Middle Ground: Streer Fighter, Eathbound/Mother, Persona, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, Super Mario, Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Pre Shadow Dragon and 3DS Fire Emblem
  • Not A Fan: Post Shadow Dragon and 3DS Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Sonic, Pac-man.
  • No Experience With: Banjo Kazooie, Yoshi, all Retro titles

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Borded, so here's an orginization of series in Smash:
  • Absolute Best: Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, Bayonetta, Castlevania, Xenoblade Cbronicles, Mega Man (X line)
  • The Middle Ground: Streer Fighter, Persona, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Pre Shadow Dragon and 3DS Fire Emblem
  • Not A Fan: Post Shadow Dragon and 3DS Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Sonic, Pac-man.
  • No Experience With: Banjo Kazooie, Yoshi, all Retro titles
...where's F-Zero and Earthbound? Pretty sure they;re not Retro

Blade of Evil's Bane Blade of Evil's Bane Sorry for the constant tags I do, but I just wanted to say our character is definitely jank.
lol. Nice.

Link isn't jank, i blame the Plant. :p

No problem for the tags. It's always funny/interesting stuff. Plus, since i'm not very active around here these days, it's always nice to have at least 1 notification when i happen to log in.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm starting to think Hero isn't going to show up this month either... which is really quite disappointing. I thought part of having the Fighter's Pass was so that they could plan for more consistent DLC releases as opposed to Smash 4's, honestly, ****ty way of doing things with 3 characters at E3, nothing until December, and then the final 2 in February. I've been pretty defensive of this method for that exact reason, but the longer we go without Hero, the likely less well spaced out releases will be for the remainder of the cycle. And while I certainly believe they should just focus on making better content even if it does mean weird releases, it also seems like a missed opportunity to keep a consistent momentum going throughout the DLC period.

Hopefully it's just all the intricacies of a character like Hero that is causing him to take an extra amount of time to polish up giving he has four unique alts and potentially Smash's most unique gimmick system (I also wonder if Sakurai's interview about the random elements might have elicited some sort of backlash that the team noticed and they decided to tweak things there for a bit too).

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm starting to think Hero isn't going to show up this month either... which is really quite disappointing. I thought part of having the Fighter's Pass was so that they could plan for more consistent DLC releases as opposed to Smash 4's, honestly, ****ty way of doing things with 3 characters at E3, nothing until December, and then the final 2 in February. I've been pretty defensive of this method for that exact reason, but the longer we go without Hero, the likely less well spaced out releases will be for the remainder of the cycle. And while I certainly believe they should just focus on making better content even if it does mean weird releases, it also seems like a missed opportunity to keep a consistent momentum going throughout the DLC period.

Hopefully it's just all the intricacies of a character like Hero that is causing him to take an extra amount of time to polish up giving he has four unique alts and potentially Smash's most unique gimmick system (I also wonder if Sakurai's interview about the random elements might have elicited some sort of backlash that the team noticed and they decided to tweak things there for a bit too).
No dude

Tomorrow for sure

RandomAce

Smash Champion
If Hero gets shown tomorrow and released the day after.

I’m kickstarting the 17th theory. Where every DLC character will be released on the 17th of their respective month, since Joker released on the 17th of April.

/s

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

I’m kickstarting the 17th theory. Where every DLC character will be released on the 17th of their respective month, since Joker released on the 17th of April.

/s, very hopefully
What have you just released on the cursed land?

I'm never escaping theories am I...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

/s
Broke: 17th Theory
Woke: Amiibo 17th theory.

Each Fighter's Pass character will be released on the 17th on each month of when a new amiibo wave is released.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

/s

:ultpiranha:wasn't released on the 17th tho.

Theory debunked. :p

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I know I'll try Hero and I'll probably have fun for a bit, but he doesn't seem like the kind of character that I see myself playing much. He looks a lot like Robin, but with more management in some ways, and as much as I really wanted to play Robin, I could never get into that play style.

At this point, I'm far more interested in what is going to come with Hero. Will we get Mii costumes that add more evidence to Mii Costume Theory? Will we get more music than Final Fantasy? (I've never played Dragon Quest, but damn is that some kicking music) Will we get Home Run Contest? Will we get an add-on to World of Light? Will we get Square Enix Spirits outside of Dragon Quest? Will they do the impossible and add more Final Fantasy music? (Haha never)

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually more interested in Hero than Banjo. I want to see what they can do.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Late to this, but I hope your break is good.
Sorry you got to deal with that man, but the fact that your talking about probably means your atleast in the healing process now. But if you need someone to talk to, im usually here nowadays.
I appreciate it. If you wanna know more about what I was talking about, let's do a one on one DM.
What are you watching?
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, a sleeper hit on the CW. It's surprisingly good.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm opening up another public, password-free Arena. Feel free to hop in.

ID: KWC0S

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
To be fair, PP wasn’t part of the pass soooooo

OBJECTION OVERRULED
Rats. You got me there that's a fair point.

BTW too. You also might want to removed the embedded post under Skittish's request. I don't want to see you or anyone else get in trouble is all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom