• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
seems worth noting that Hero's 'zoom' spell (speculated to be another ability mapped to up-b) uses the command menu thinking animation whereas the wind recovery used by luminary at the start doesn't

1561590381517.png

adds more credence to the fire/thunder/wind spells being normal neutral/side/up specials while everything shown in the latter half of the trailer is mapped to a single command window special move, since only those spells use the thinking animation

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Regarding hype levels for newcomers in Ultimate, here's my take:
S: :ultsimon::ulthero::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultjoker:
A: :ultrichter::ultken::ultchrom:
B: :ultpiranha::ultisabelle:
C: :ultdaisy: :ultridley::ultkrool:
D: :ultbanjokazooie::ultdarksamus:
Very satisfied with the roster so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
through forcing my scorpion in the game as a mii, ive now become elite with mii brawler

fear me

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
The thought that went into it. How evenly spread out representation was, the unique flavor of console exclusive characters like Soul Calibur used to do, the extra effort of coming up with a stage list to further represent the things you know and like...

I like when I can put up a prompt, and people run with it further than I intended. I've loved reading all of these.
Well thank you. I tried to think of it like an actual game dev would rather than just picking my favorites (Sorry, Poison, Squigly, Lili, Makoto Nanaya, Mai Natsume, Lilith Aensland, Athena, and Kula)..my only regrets with it were not being able to fit in any Virtua Fighter characters like Akira since I didn't want to lose any of those I'd already picked for the game..which also meant not having a Green Hill Zone stage due to no Sega representation..so I guess if I could include DLC into Fighters Nexus (I forgot to include the name I thought up in the previous post..so there it is..) I'd have to include..
1) Akira (Virtua Fighter)
- Stage: Statues (Virtua Fighter 5)
2) Honey the Cat (Sonic the Fighters)*
- Stage: Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)
3) Heart Aino (Arcana Heart)
- Stage: School Gates
4) Akira Kazama (Rival Schools)
- Stage: Seijyun High
5) Hyde (Under Night In-Birth)
- Stage: Kanzakai Station

*I just love Honey the Cat and want to revive her..and she was only in a Fighting Game, it would certainly be a surprise for players, that's for sure..if not being from a Fighting game series is the thing though, then I'd include the basis for her character, Candy (Honey in JP) from Fighting Vipers...I don't know much about Fighting Vipers, and I couldn't find a stage list online, so just whatever Stage fits her best/was her stage in Fighting Vipers works for that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shijima no soko kara mezameru sono hashiratachi toki wo koe
Shinku no chishio ga tachiagaru yuuki wo hikiawaseru

Hey everyone.

StormC

Smash Hero
Decided to dust off the old newcomer tier list and share it around:

Hopefully Hero and Banjo being here tip people off that this isn't meant to be competitive; it's just a quick dive into who I was excited for the most and least among this class of newcomers, and it's going to be hilariously hard for me to try and find someone that can top Joker from these next two slots.

EDIT: If anyone wants to do their own take on this, I've got the template here:

Can you tell I'm a Rare fan?

I don't think it's even possible for them to add an S tier newcomer for me. Probably not A tier either. I'm tapped out.

D

Deleted member

Can you tell I'm a Rare fan?

I don't think it's even possible for them to add an S tier newcomer for me. Probably not A tier either. I'm tapped out.
Rare fans are no longer rare, you can say.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Courtesy of @JDCabrera
I really hope a Doctor Doom solo film gets greenlit

*I just love Honey the Cat and want to revive her..
I wanted to revive her as well with my Sonic fighting game ideas.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the sole benefit i see to hero's command window being randomised every use is that clutch kamikazee plays are gonna be even more hype

that player got ****ing lucky

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ultimate newcomers:
S (Gotta have them): :ultridley::ultkrool::ultrichter:
A (Love them): :ultdarksamus::ultincineroar::ultbanjokazooie:
B (Like them): :ultinkling::ultchrom::ultpiranha::ultjoker::ultisabelle:
C (Cool): :ultdaisy::ultsimon::ulthero::ultken:

To be honest, I'd go as far to say that Ultimate so far has my favorite set of newcomers.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Also ranking DLC for Smash 4:

S: :ultcloud:
A: :ultmewtwo:
B: :ultlucas:
C: :ultryu:
D: :ultbayonetta::ultroy:
F: :ultcorrin:

Cloud singlehandedly saved my hype after the K. Rool deconfirmation... shame about that last Smash Direct.

Joker/Banjo is basically equal to Mewtwo/Cloud for me, but at this point I've gotten just about everything I could ask for so I'm fine with whatever the last DLC newcomers are. I'm sure the Fighters Pass will blow away the Smash 4 characters in the end.

Ranking the games' newcomers overall: Ultimate (with DLC) > Brawl > Ultimate > Smash 4 (with DLC) > Melee > Smash 4

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I find it funny how in Smash 4 and Ultimate, you can make Duck Hunt's smash attacks do way more damage than they should just by changing the speed during training. Weird character, weird game.

the sole benefit i see to hero's command window being randomised every use is that clutch kamikazee plays are gonna be even more hype

MkLeo then picks him up and destroys everybody once again, leaving people to complain about Hero being broken.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
How dare you talk crap about Cam Clarke. and... Yuri Lowenthall apparently because he was a voice option in fates and jesus Christ Yuri, why are you everywhere
Here's a weird factoid about me I prefer using Marty to Lucina in smash ultimate because(stick with me Lucina fans I like her too) Marth is voiced by yuri lowenthal who also played spider-man in spider-man ps4 so if I want to play marth/lucina I always go with marth-spider.

Slime Master

Smash Ace

If it's implemented right, I can see it being kind of a neat gimmick; you have a selection of four different options to use next and choosing the best one for the situations you happen to find yourself in is key. But there's a lot of ways it can go wrong and make that move completely useless. I also don't like that gimmick as much as the whole "you have a billion special moves but they're all tied to one resource" one.

D

Deleted member

For Smash 4 dlc I would rank the characters like this:
S: :ultbayonetta: :ultroy::ultmewtwo::ultcloud:
A: :ultryu:
B: :ultcorrinf::ultlucas:
Gotta say, I'm loving most of the additions now as well although I like certain characters way more than the others. I hope the last 2 reveals are fun characters overall.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So reports on far from homes post credit scenes are in and seem to be real. They don’t relate to the movie afaik but are pretty awesome.

The first reveals nick fury and Maria hill to be skrulls. Not eve but apparently are feeling in while fury seemingly is in space.

Obviously this feels like a secret wars setup and I’m intrigued.

The second has the legend himself, J.K. Simmons return as J Jameson insulting spider man. It’s unclear if this means he’s coming back or it’s a fun Easter egg. I hope he comes back though.

Thoughts?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So reports on far from homes post credit scenes are in and seem to be real. They don’t relate to the movie afaik but are pretty awesome.

The first reveals nick fury and Maria hill to be skrulls. Not eve but apparently are feeling in while fury seemingly is in space.

Obviously this feels like a secret wars setup and I’m intrigued.

The second has the legend himself, J.K. Simmons return as J Jameson insulting spider man. It’s unclear if this means he’s coming back or it’s a fun Easter egg. I hope he comes back though.

Thoughts?
holy ****ing **** yes to that last one if true

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I can't spoil myself on this after credits scene because then I'll only be able to think about the credits while watching the movie

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The poll is missing something....
Something like... i don't know...
A LAWYER?
Well how else can EA handle lawsuits for their bad practice? :p
That would literally be the perfect post credit scene and now I'm going to be massively disappointed if it isn't real.
Multiple people are backing this up so it seems likely. I’m hoping so anyway

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Here's a weird factoid about me I prefer using Marty to Lucina in smash ultimate because(stick with me Lucina fans I like her too) Marth is voiced by yuri lowenthal who also played spider-man in spider-man ps4 so if I want to play marth/lucina I always go with marth-spider.
I almost picked up Marth just because of Yosuke Marth

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom