• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
**** Don'te aka DINO (Dante In Name Only).

The only thing I'll say about that imposter.
Don't hate me, but i think reboot Dante is more relatable and interesting than classic Dante. Like, i feel about Classic Dante the way other people feel about Superman. He just comes across as this cockey, womanizing, idiotic douche who only gets away with everything he does because he's goddamn invincible. Reboot Dante has flaws, and a wider range of emotions, and (in my opinion) a cooler backstory/set of abilities. Plus I love that he actually absorbs the demons he makes into Devil Arms instead of just... them agreeing to come with him. It's like Mega Man mixed with Shang Tsung and it feels sooooo cool. I could gush about DmC for hours.

If we get a PSASBR sequel. These are characters I'd want to see.

Delsin Rowe (InFamous: Second Son)
Elroy (Horizon Zero Dawn)
Kineticlops (War of the Monsters); Only one I could see working as a rep otherwise I'd love to see the series get a stage
Jennifer Tate (Primal)
Joel or Ellie (The Last of Us)
Raven (Gravity Rush)
Until Dawn rep

Also would like Kratos and Atreus as duo characters.
Noted

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don't hate me, but i think reboot Dante is more relatable and interesting than classic Dante. Like, i feel about Classic Dante the way other people feel about Superman. He just comes across as this cockey, womanizing, idiotic douche who only gets away with everything he does because he's goddamn invincible. Reboot Dante has flaws, and a wider range of emotions, and (in my opinion) a cooler backstory/set of abilities. Plus I love that he actually absorbs the demons he makes into Devil Arms instead of just... them agreeing to come with him. It's like Mega Man mixed with Shang Tsung and it feels sooooo cool. I could gush about DmC for hours.
That's your opinion and I respect it. I still hate that impersonator.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I have something to say.
Why does everyone think the fighter's pass is gonna be all third party? There's still first party options available, even if spirits deconfirm.
Probably b/c the only characters people think are plausible on the 1st Party side is either a 3 Houses or Sword/Shield rep.

And that’s mainly b/c each character comes with their own spirit board, new stage, new songs etc). And it seems more plausible to get these things based off of newer 1st Party games or 3rd Party properties than veteran 1st Party franchises.

As much as I’d love other 1st Party reps, 3rd Party reps in general will bring more people in than 1st Party.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Anyway uh

Been a long time overdue in saying this but

I’ll prolly take a break from this site for a while. A lot has happened that’s been stressing me out, including well, that, and I just need some time for self care and reflection.

I will most likely pop up here again around E3 and/or if by some fluke an actual datamine or solid leak surfaces. And if it’s Elma and/or Neku, I will be partying like it’s 1999.

If you have my discord already you can reach me there. Sorry for seeming reclusive, I’m just trying to ease back into things.

At any rate, take care.
I'll be waiting.

Every time someone says Awakening I keep thinking they're talking about Link's Awakening
I still want to see it again already. It makes me wonder how likely remakes for other past titles are.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Probably b/c the only characters people think are plausible on the 1st Party side is either a 3 Houses or Sword/Shield rep.

And that’s mainly b/c each character comes with their own spirit board, new stage, new songs etc). And it seems more plausible to get these things based off of newer 1st Party games or 3rd Party properties than veteran 1st Party franchises.

As much as I’d love other 1st Party reps, 3rd Party reps in general will bring more people in than 1st Party.
It's a Nintendo fighting game. Not PlayStation all-stars battle royale. We need maybe one or two 3rd parties per game. Smash 4 went crazy. We have enough for now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, any ideas for dlc?
We've pretty much exhausted all possibilities of DLC characters tbh but if I wanted to give my prediction on the picks it'd be these.

72: Erdrick - E3/June; Releases August
73: Banjo-Kazooie (Crash Bandicoot) - E3/June; Releases August
74: Lloyd Irving - EVO/August - Releases December
75: Jill Valentine - VGA/December - Releases February 2020

D

Deleted member

I'll be waiting.

I still want to see it again already. It makes me wonder how likely remakes for other past titles are.
Same. I want a release date at least.

I've been considering playing the Minish Cap since a lot of people say it's one of the best GBA games, so it'd be cool if the Minish Cap is remade as well.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
It's a Nintendo fighting game. Not PlayStation all-stars battle royale. We need maybe one or two 3rd parties per game. Smash 4 went crazy. We have enough for now.
Trust me, I’d love nothing more than to get a 1st Party Rep that’s not 3 Houses or Sword/Shield (even though I’d be fine with those as well).

But with the current direction of the FP, it seems more likely to get 3rd Party characters right now. That could change post-E3, but that’s the way it seems for now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Noted
Well to be fair Dante DOES appear to be that at a glance. Across the DMC timeline he outright got depression and even after that is still a man who hates himself, who feels very lonely in the world, who can't have a stable life and is filled with insecurities. He's like how Deadpool's sometimes written, the wacky hijinx of his are a coping mechanism for him. Dude's been through a lot and loves his family dearly even if he's lost almost all of it all the time, Vergil is similar and Vergil deeply loves Dante but is too stubborn to admit it just like how Dante's too stubborn to admit he doesn't want to fight but rather to just have family again. It's honestly part of what makes DMCV well-written instead of pure cheese, it focuses on these emotional aspects a lot and is honestly significantly better for it

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm not sure it's a matter of how many we have. Third party companies just have characters that are recognizable and almost guaranteed to bring in new faces. Nintendo has quite enough itself if we go by that, and not the best pool of characters to choose from.

Same. I want a release date at least.

I've been considering playing the Minish Cap since a lot of people say it's one of the best GBA games, so it'd be cool if the Minish Cap is remade as well.
I'm down to see Ezlo again. Both Oracle titles would be just as good, and I've talked about that a lot.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the topic of First Party DLC, I'm honestly curious why newer IPs tend to get overlooked. In terms of the criteria we're looking at, they would fit the idea of a new character bringing new content as well since they don't have any presence in the game yet, and could potentially bring in a different crowd since it would be a new IP's fanbase being catered to. It's a group of characters that I feel could get more discussion since they are still possible options to be picked, even if they aren't as popular as a FE: Three Houses or Pokemon SS option.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well to be fair Dante DOES appear to be that at a glance. Across the DMC timeline he outright got depression and even after that is still a man who hates himself, who feels very lonely in the world, who can't have a stable life and is filled with insecurities. He's like how Deadpool's sometimes written, the wacky hijinx of his are a coping mechanism for him. Dude's been through a lot and loves his family dearly even if he's lost almost all of it all the time, Vergil is similar and Vergil deeply loves Dante but is too stubborn to admit it just like how Dante's too stubborn to admit he doesn't want to fight but rather to just have family again. It's honestly part of what makes DMCV well-written instead of pure cheese, it focuses on these emotional aspects a lot and is honestly significantly better for it
How did you... i played DMCV and didn't get any of that. Like, at all. Damn Japaneese story telling style. It just dosn't work on me.

D

Deleted member

I'll give my two cents on first party vs third party characters as DLC:

I'm not opposed to either. I think third parties in the pass would be cool, and I'd really like more first parties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
On the topic of First Party DLC, I'm honestly curious why newer IPs tend to get overlooked. In terms of the criteria we're looking at, they would fit the idea of a new character bringing new content as well since they don't have any presence in the game yet, and could potentially bring in a different crowd since it would be a new IP's fanbase being catered to. It's a group of characters that I feel could get more discussion since they are still possible options to be picked, even if they aren't as popular as a FE: Three Houses or Pokemon SS option.
The belief that ARMS and Xenoblade 2 are too new to be DLC as well, plus Inkling fans had to wait for Ultimate.
That's not even a videogame originating character
Welcome to Goth.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I mean, let's be honest. Boshi might be a popular meme in this community, but he's a one-off character from a one-off game from over 20 years ago. He's the definition of an obscure fighter request.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just feel it's getting too far from it's roots. It needs a reboot soon or it's dead.
I mean, Ultimate's literally the best selling fighting game of all time so it certainly won't die. They intended to have third party characters since Melee, the whole "It needs to strictly be Nintendo!" thing is honestly incredibly dull and makes Smash lose a lot of appeal
How did you... i played DMCV and didn't get any of that. Like, at all. Damn Japaneese story telling style. It just dosn't work on me.
To be fair a lot of the franchise's characterization in those matters are subtle and expanded upon in extra background material. Like how the incredibly foulmouthed Nero doesn't swear around Kyrie and spends his free time helping her at an orphanage. It doesn't catch your eye immediately but when Nero saw Vergil at the beginning of the game, his first thought was "Damn this guy looks like ****, he's probably homeless and starving, I'll offer him food, that should do him good".
do you know who this is
View attachment 224677
I wonder how you took Sakurai saying "No, absolutely no non-gaming characters" yet again recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom