• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Still hoping for konami to release a physical copu of a goemon collection. In japan is fine. Switch is region free.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I haven't been around for a little bit, and I must've missed a lot. Can someone give me a tl;dr on what happened?

Also, hi! How is everybody otherwise doing today?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I really wish Sony was at E3. I really want PSASBR 2! Or Ape Escape, or Twisted Metal, or Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, inFamous, Heavenly Sword, sooooo many ips!

Also, weird prediction. Ubisoft is going to introduce another Mario + Rabbids project, but not necessarily Kingdom Battle 2.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I haven't been around for a little bit, and I must've missed a lot. Can someone give me a tl;dr on what happened?

Also, hi! How is everybody otherwise doing today?
A user was a pedo, preyed on other users, other things with him.

Then there was a war of ideologies also. Nit sure what, but the left and right went to battle at the same time.

And now there is a new thread

I really wish Sony was at E3. I really want PSASBR 2! Or Ape Escape, or Twisted Metal, or Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, inFamous, Heavenly Sword, sooooo many ips!

Also, weird prediction. Ubisoft is going to introduce another Mario + Rabbids project, but not necessarily Kingdom Battle 2.
I would buy a ps4 for Psasbr2.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In English, they’re basically saying Sora deconfirmed, like officially

D

Deleted member

everybody stan the crossdressing chad known as Tiny Bad Wolf
1558974788673.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A user was a pedo, preyed on other users, other things with him.

Then there was a war of ideologies also. Nit sure what, but the left and right went to battle at the same time.

And now there is a new thread

I would buy a ps4 for Psasbr2.
At this point, it’s more likely going to be a PS5 launch title.

But of course it’s probably not gonna happen at all cause Smash Elitists killed the first one.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

But of course it’s probably not gonna happen at all cause Smash Elitists killed the first one.
Corporate meddling is what killed the first one.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
In English, they’re basically saying Sora deconfirmed, like officially
I can't believe that's how sora got deconfirmed.
Ripperoni my sweet angel...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Is anyone else expecting something from Retro this year? They HAVE been doing something in the 5 years since DKCTF. Could be an interesting holiday game. Especially if Animal Crossing or Luigi’s Mansion gets delayed to next year.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let’s just say it was a murder with two perpetrators then.
But the Smash community had nothing to do with it, especially considering I doubt the strawmen you're referring to would've even owned a PS3 if they were that bothered by the game existing.

D

Deleted member

Please submit your character and stage requests for my upcoming fighting game roster project Soul of Hyrule. A Zelda Fighter in the style of SoulCalibur.
Can Link's Awakening remake Link count? Oh and Tai Tai heights as a stage.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, PSASBR is more like if a company asked a bunch of interns to make something that can compete with Brawl while also marketing using mostly only relevant new characters.

Had they played their cards right, they most likely could've at least had a decent sized following.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So let’s round up the third party characters who officially got deconfirmed due to PR statements:
- Master Chief (Halo director said there was no plans to include him)
- Dante (DMCV producer said “no he is not [in]”)
- Sora (that French tweet just now, translates to “no plans to include Sora”)
- Ryu Hayabusa (I seem to have lost the source but I think a Koei PR guy said if they were to have a rep in Smash it wouldn’t be Hayabusa)
- Travis Touchdown (Suda51 himself said Travis wasn’t in)

Am I missing any?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With a Pokémon direct and press conference announced before E3. I guess there isn’t going to be any sword and shield at E3 unless they just recap stuff but that feels unlikely. It’s gotta be pretty big new for 15 mins though.

My guess is legends, professor, rival, look at the starting area, and a few early game mons.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But the Smash community had nothing to do with it, especially considering I doubt the strawmen you're referring to would've even owned a PS3 if they were that bothered by the game existing.
One of my friends from high school flat out told me that Nintendo are the only people who are allowed to make Smash like games, a sentiment that went on to be echoed by my entire high school gaming club

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So let’s round up the third party characters who officially got deconfirmed due to PR statements:
- Master Chief (Halo director said there was no plans to include him)
- Dante (DMCV producer said “no he is not [in]”)
- Sora (that French tweet just now, translates to “no plans to include Sora”)
- Ryu Hayabusa (I seem to have lost the source but I think a Koei PR guy said if they were to have a rep in Smash it wouldn’t be Hayabusa)

Am I missing any?
Travis Touchdown was shot down by Suda51 a while ago

That being said Matt Mercer said he wasn't approached for Smash 4

D

Deleted member

IN THIS HOUSE
WE STAN THE CROSSDRESSING CHAD KNOWN AS TINY BAD WOLF
1558975392063.png

1558975395643.png

1558975403833.png

D

Deleted member

I don't think Ryu was deconfirmed, since he's more his own thing as the Ninja Gaiden protag rather than a DOA character.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Cuphead was deconfirmd as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
One of my friends from high school flat out told me that Nintendo are the only people who are allowed to make Smash like games, a sentiment that went on to be echoed by my entire high school gaming club
Let's not do this again.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

I wouldn't say the community killed PSABR, more the existence of smash itself. When one game basically has a monopoly on an entire genre, it's hard for anything else to enter the genre without looking like a clone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And? People were calling Halo a Doom clone for a long while after its release. And yet Halo is one of the biggest video game franchises of all time now. It's not the Smash fandom's fault if PSASBR couldn't achieve the same praise.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't think Ryu was deconfirmed, since he's more his own thing as the Ninja Gaiden protag rather than a DOA character.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Cuphead was deconfirmd as well.
I seem to recall Studio MDHR saying something about Cuphead not being in too yeah

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

So this is a thing I need to share.

As the resident Resident Evil evil guy.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is PSASBR worth getting? I've seen it being sold for $9, but I haven't gotten around to playing games like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, or God of War yet (my PS3 has mostly been for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Kingdom Hearts, and Persona 5, though I do have those games in some form), so I'm only really familiar with Raiden and Heihachi out of the roster.

The whole "can only KO through super moves" mechanic makes the game less appealing for me (it seems like it would make ordinary attacks completely pointless, unlike ordinary fighting games or Smash), but I haven't played it so I don't know if it's more fun in practice.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think PSASBR's faults were it was missing all the characters that people consider classic Playstation icons and that it's Super Kills only system drastically reduced the viable characters to only those who could combo into their level 1.

A second attempt with a larger budget, a more tuned combat system and more willingness to stand up to stupid 3rd party demands (Reboot Dante anyone?) could be a great alternate to Smash.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Is PSASBR worth getting? I've seen it being sold for $9, but I haven't gotten around to playing games like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, or God of War yet (my PS3 has mostly been for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Persona 5, though I do have those games in some form), so I'm only really familiar with Raiden and Heihachi out of the roster.

The whole "can only KO through super moves" mechanic makes the game less appealing for me (it seems like it would make ordinary attacks completely pointless, unlike ordinary fighting games or Smash), but I haven't played it so I don't know if it's more fun in practice.
At that price? Absolutely! I always have tons of fun with it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think PSASBR's faults were it was missing all the characters that people consider classic Playstation icons and that it's Super Kills only system drastically reduced the viable characters to only those who could combo into their level 1.

A second attempt with a larger budget, a more tuned combat system and more willingness to stand up to stupid 3rd party demands (Reboot Dante anyone?) could be a great alternate to Smash.
That’s why I desperately want a sequel. They need to give it more money (particularly in the licensing department). Although I actually liked DmC so... I like reboot Dante okay! I really want a DmC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom