• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The question is, if this is just a small update, why so close to E3?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
It breaks replays, which guarantees significant changes. And doesn't make much sense to release only balance changes at this time.

Stability. That would break replays. So far, characters were new numbers. Plant was 2.0, joker was in 3.0.

Uhh, what?
It says Smash is up to date. The update is 3.0.1, which came out a long time ago.
Datamine. Supposedly

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the only consistent rule so far is that x.0 updates will add characters; 2.0 added nothing but piranha plant but it was still regarded as significant enough to go up a whole version

3.1.0 isn't likely to be much, and i guarantee it's not e3-related

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wonder what balance changes could come.

Little Mac being able to side-B again after being hit in the air? Or something much more realistic?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Wait a minute, guys....
I know it's real, coming and all of that from the official Nintendo profile but... I remember directs being announced 1 or 2 days in advance and not a whole week? Like, I get the direct and I'm excited that it's finally arriving, but didn't we usually have directs a day or two in advance?

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
2.0 added a lot, just mostly things most don't care about. 4 player Spirit Board battles, new spirits, the double jump button = short hop macro, GSP changes, etc.

https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_updates_(SSBU)

1.1 and 1.2 also broke replays, and added more than just stability.

Look at my post on the last page.
From this. It will be more thing people do not care about.

We are not getting a character before e3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just a reminder that we have had two 0.1.0 updates before, 1.1.0, and 1.2.0. Neither added new modes or characters, however they included features such as Mii Costumes (Rex), online matchmaking adjustments and balancing.

It's safe to say 3.1.0 won't include any new characters, and while it could potentially include a new mode such as Home-Run Contest, I'm not counting on it happening. It's best to set your expectations low and expect the update to include stuff such as balancing and matchmaking changes. The big stuff such as characters and modes will probably be reserved for 4.0.0.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wonder what balance changes could come.

Little Mac being able to side-B again after being hit in the air? Or something much more realistic?
Watch Sakurai nerf :ultbayonetta: again. /s

You know, I gotta say, I like how this thread is going.

It's not so fast that you can't catch up with it, but it's also pretty active all the time.
I feel a certain way when I look at the guest count on the main page each time.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just a reminder that we have had two 0.1.0 updates before, 1.1.0, and 1.2.0. Neither added new modes or characters, however they included features such as Mii Costumes (Rex), online matchmaking adjustments and balancing.

It's safe to say 3.1.0 won't include any new characters, and while it could potentially include a new mode such as Home-Run Contest, I'm not counting on it happening. It's best to set your expectations low and expect the update to include stuff such as balancing and matchmaking changes. The big stuff such as characters and modes will probably be reserved for 4.0.0.
No. But it could have juicy secrets hidden in the code!

Iridium

Smash Hero
But seriously, I just want Link's Spin Attack to be fixed. Because of how he gets pushed back when using it, this can happen at the ledge still. Rare, but it has cost me a few stocks in Smash 4.

No, its possible.
Just a joke, here.

Sakurai's gonna automatically nerf the rest of the DLC.
By making their hitboxes nonexistent.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What is 3.1.0?
Can someone please explain?
There's a bot that can check the nintendo network for updates because it goes somewhere before it goes live for people's switches. I dont remember how long before, but we'll be getting this announcement for the update sometime soon, with notice to save replays for when it comes in maybe a week.
It's most likely just balance changes, which i'm cool with :)

Wait a minute, guys....
I know it's real, coming and all of that from the official Nintendo profile but... I remember directs being announced 1 or 2 days in advance and not a whole week? Like, I get the direct and I'm excited that it's finally arriving, but didn't we usually have directs a day or two in advance?
I was wondering about that too. announcing the direct so far in advance must be because there's big enough info on pokemon in it.

Why they dont wait for e3 to showcase that stuff will always make nintendo a bit weird to me :p

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't have any pictures but I saw like 20 fursuiters at the anime con
...which is like 20 more than i was expecting
I have no idea why, but that made me laugh
"Huh.... There is about 20 more fursuits here. I was expecting about 5 at max"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom