• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

lol imagine sleeping all day
this post was made by actually has half a brain and wants to do stuff gang

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think PSASBR's faults were it was missing all the characters that people consider classic Playstation icons and that it's Super Kills only system drastically reduced the viable characters to only those who could combo into their level 1.

A second attempt with a larger budget, a more tuned combat system and more willingness to stand up to stupid 3rd party demands (Reboot Dante anyone?) could be a great alternate to Smash.
The only reason I like about the super system is that it forces people to use them. In every other fighter, from Smash to MK, they’re always either turned off or the meter can be spent on other “better” things. Then there’s games like MK11 or Tekken 7 where it’s linked to your health. Meaning you see it a lot more in competitive play, but when your someone like me who plays for fun against the easy computer, your health never gets low enough to activate it.

Super moves are the biggest bringer of spectacle in fighting games and they just never are able to show up and shine through. And as much as I understand the complaint, I worry that if you remove the super kill system, it will become yet another fighter where supers just never get used.

D

Deleted member

Who else is a fan of the Mother series (and, yes, all 3 games)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Leon has a different va in the remake. Technically he’s still on the table.
... Snake I think you misread my post. Matt Mercer said he wasn't approached to do voice work for Smash 4 when he was asked for it. He DID do voice work on Smash 4 cause he voiced Chrom and although I'm not sure if his 4 lines were just reused from Awakening, he spoke brand new lines in for Robin's trailer and the Palutena Guidance
That’s why I desperately want a sequel. They need to give it more money (particularly in the licensing department). Although I actually liked DmC so... I like reboot Dante okay! I really want a DmC2.
Honestly reboot Dante wasn't that bad but reboot Vergil is the real issue

So this is a thing I need to share.

As the resident Resident Evil evil guy.
Funny you say this as I'm thinking about getting REmake 2 after buying my friend's PC as my first RE game

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh man... Sora’s deconfirmed?

That sucks. He was pretty much the only one of the 7 Square reps.

Guess it’s pretty much Bravely Default or nothing for me.

Maybe he's gonna have a cameo in the FF7 remake :troll:
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they did that tbh.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
... Snake I think you misread my post. Matt Mercer said he wasn't approached to do voice work for Smash 4 when he was asked for it. He DID do voice work on Smash 4 cause he voiced Chrom and although I'm not sure if his 4 lines were just reused from Awakening, he spoke brand new lines in for Robin's trailer and the Palutena Guidance

Honestly reboot Dante wasn't that bad but reboot Vergil is the real issue

Funny you say this as I'm thinking about getting REmake 2 after buying my friend's PC as my first RE game
Chrom's lines were brand new in Smash 4. You can tell by comparing Smash 4 and Awakening's takes for "We're not done yet!"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Chrom, I'm preparing something for later tonight.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The only reason I like about the super system is that it forces people to use them. In every other fighter, from Smash to MK, they’re always either turned off or the meter can be spent on other “better” things. Then there’s games like MK11 or Tekken 7 where it’s linked to your health. Meaning you see it a lot more in competitive play, but when your someone like me who plays for fun against the easy computer, your health never gets low enough to activate it.

Super moves are the biggest bringer of spectacle in fighting games and they just never are able to show up and shine through. And as much as I understand the complaint, I worry that if you remove the super kill system, it will become yet another fighter where supers just never get used.
Nah, the issue with the super meter is that it was the ONLY way. While you're right in that lots of grounded fighting tend to prefer EX/burn moves, there's also stuff like the Capcom VS games where supers frequently get used (especially in MvC3 as supers didn't scale when used in combos which promotes more supers). The issue is that in those games, meter is rather scarce and the gameplay is rather slow. The high speed fighting games like again, Capcom VS, Power Rangers, DBFZ, etc. make it either easy to get meter or lets you have large quantities of it (MVC3 let you have a maximum of 5 meters while DBFZ has 7 as your max)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
**** Don'te aka DINO (Dante In Name Only).

The only thing I'll say about that imposter.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At this point it wouldn’t surprise me if the Square Seven were all false

I doubt Sephiroth alone cause of the whole stage and music aspect (unless he were individual a la :ultpiranha:). I even doubt Erdrick cause two major leaks that happened to have him were bunk (the one that spelled Erdrick in Katakana instead of his Japanese name Roto; and the one that said Joker would have Jack Frost in one of his attacks)

And Crono... well... yeah.

At this point I’ll take Neku, a Bravely character, Lara Croft, or in the pipe dream camp, either Lenneth Valkyrie or someone from Star Ocean. Hoping for Neku the most tho

D

Deleted member

Every time someone says Awakening I keep thinking they're talking about Link's Awakening

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
At this point it wouldn’t surprise me if the Square Seven were all false

I doubt Sephiroth alone cause of the whole stage and music aspect (unless he were individual a la :ultpiranha:). I even doubt Erdrick cause two major leaks that happened to have him were bunk (the one that spelled Erdrick in Katakana instead of his Japanese name Roto; and the one that said Joker would have Jack Frost in one of his attacks)

And Crono... well... yeah.

At this point I’ll take Neku, a Bravely character, Lara Croft, or in the pipe dream camp, either Lenneth Valkyrie or someone from Star Ocean. Hoping for Neku the most tho
I mean, Erdrick didn't get attention on the fake leak stuff for the longest until the Brave datamining

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we get a PSASBR sequel. These are characters I'd want to see.

Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn)
Delsin Rowe (InFamous: Second Son)
Kineticlops (War of the Monsters); Only one I could see working as a rep otherwise I'd love to see the series get a stage
Jennifer Tate (Primal)
Joel or Ellie (The Last of Us)
Raven (Gravity Rush)
Until Dawn rep

Also would like Kratos and Atreus as duo characters.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
dangit hinata and tehponycorn both changed their avis so my point is null carry on everybody and dont pay this sentence without capitalization or punctuation any note at all thanks
The Konosuba Gang as closed for the most part, sadly.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

So this is a thing I need to share.

As the resident Resident Evil evil guy.
Now that’s interesting I wonder how that will work? People get to become zombies? Maybe some new mode that will be built with fan input? A beta for a future RE game so fans can give good imput on what should change?

I don’t know what it is but it could be
Pretty cool

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I have something to say.
Why does everyone think the fighter's pass is gonna be all third party? There's still first party options available, even if spirits deconfirm.
There is a lot of evidence pointing to each new fighter originating from an unrepresented series and bringing along its own music and spirits. This comes primarily from Reggie's comments at the game awards back in December, as well as Sakurai's comments in his Famitsu interviews. Don't ask me to find the exact response, because I will not be able to sadly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have something to say.
Why does everyone think the fighter's pass is gonna be all third party? There's still first party options available, even if spirits deconfirm.
Mainly because of everything a Challenger Pack comes with. They need a stage, music, and their own Spirit Board. That last one is a bit of a killer since most first party series are already heavily represented through spirits on the regular spirit board.

Outside of potentially Three Houses and/or Sword and Shield, I really don't see any first party games getting a character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I have something to say.
Reggie's wording about the fighting pass and Joker means that Nintendo seems to want to expand the audience so picking characters who are third parties can and will get more people invested. Most people who would be excited for first party characters getting in the game already have the game

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyway uh

Been a long time overdue in saying this but

I’ll prolly take a break from this site for a while. A lot has happened that’s been stressing me out, including well, that, and I just need some time for self care and reflection.

I will most likely pop up here again around E3 and/or if by some fluke an actual datamine or solid leak surfaces. And if it’s Elma and/or Neku, I will be partying like it’s 1999.

If you have my discord already you can reach me there. Sorry for seeming reclusive, I’m just trying to ease back into things.

At any rate, take care.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Now that’s interesting I wonder how that will work? People get to become zombies? Maybe some new mode that will be built with fan input? A beta for a future RE game so fans can give good imput on what should change?

I don’t know what it is but it could be
Pretty cool
What does this have to do with smash?
There is a lot of evidence pointing to each new fighter originating from an unrepresented series and bringing along its own music and spirits. This comes primarily from Reggie's comments at the game awards back in December, as well as Sakurai's comments in his Famitsu interviews. Don't ask me to find the exact response, because I will not be able to sadly.
He said that there would be unexpected choices, not characters from new franchises only. It's possible, but he didn't say that exactly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I see the benefits of having a system that encourages supers but PSASBR's system didn't help the spectacle where at higher levers people only used the basic level one attacks which are basically on visual par with Smash attacks.
Marvel vs Capcom has a good system where there's no EX attacks but there's multiple supers and enough meter to use two level ones and a level three attack in a single combo.

D

Deleted member

Anyway uh

Been a long time overdue in saying this but

I’ll prolly take a break from this site for a while. A lot has happened that’s been stressing me out, including well, that, and I just need some time for self care and reflection.

I will most likely pop up here again around E3 and/or if by some fluke an actual datamine or solid leak surfaces. And if it’s Elma and/or Neku, I will be partying like it’s 1999.

If you have my discord already you can reach me there. Sorry for seeming reclusive, I’m just trying to ease back into things.

At any rate, take care.
Take care, hopefully we'll see ya again at E3.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
My favorite part of PSABR was that since my name is Cole, so I had a choice of Good Cole or Evil Cole, depending on my mood :laugh:

Seriously though, I've always been a fan of other non-Nintendo companies creating their own crossover fighting games. Was sad Sony's didn't get the support it needed to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom