• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I disagree. Rather, what Ditz seems to be doing is posting, however, he isn't getting anything done.

Why? Probably to act like he is not lurking while not trying to become the center stage. He's trying to stay on that medium. Of course, it doesn't seem like that worked out.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Nevermind @ my earlier response. I was thinking of the later post when you were really responding to his earlier posts on page 3-4 (40ppp).

He's saying "I don't plan to involve myself until after rvs is over". Basically saying that he isn't going to contribute until after the game actually starts.

How is this fake contributing.

If you were talking about his first few posts in the actual game (mid page 5-6?), then why did you use that to respond to Swiss' question, originally talking about the scum read you had on him before said posts?

o_o

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
He's saying "I don't plan to involve myself until after rvs is over". Basically saying that he isn't going to contribute until after the game actually starts.

How is this fake contributing.
Iirc, that's not what he said. He said he wasn't going to read the pregame, which was already out of RVS.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I suppose I should say "dealing with." I did end up skimming it to be thorough. I just don't intend to involve myself until the game actually starts. Too much nonsense
I was referring to the later part of this post xD. Whoopsies.

Regardless, how is that still coming off as even an attempt to contribute in any form? ._. He's basically saying that he's not participating in the game.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
He's just openly stating that he doesn't plan on participating until after the game actually starts. He's not trying to come across as contributing in any way.

This is pretty silly lol.

unvote

I need to re-think some things xD.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh I never would have guessed that. Now I'll become the greatest mafia player ever!

I'll wait for someone with something useful to say to comment before I reconsider anything (like what I did with Dark Horse).

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sure I'll get to all of what I missed eventually.

Right now I think there's at least one scum if not more on my wagon, pushing me for my entrance and distaste for pre-game posting is definitely reaching for the low hanging fruit. I'd be lying if I said garnering reads from this was my plan coming in, but that seems to be the way things have swung.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm sure I'll get to all of what I missed eventually.

Right now I think there's at least one scum if not more on my wagon, pushing me for my entrance and distaste for pre-game posting is definitely reaching for the low hanging fruit. I'd be lying if I said garnering reads from this was my plan coming in, but that seems to be the way things have swung.
Which slot do you think it is and why?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
What wifom?

Mention specific players and analyse their intent.

Like Nabe

@ DH Analyse Ditz' reaction in terms of whether he is flustered, relaxed etc
Things like: why are they posting now instead of waiting for everyone to confirm and be present. Is this a ploy? Are they acting correctly right now or are they goofing off because the game hasn't actually started? Should I even be concerned? I'm not sure wifom is the right term to use, but there could have easily been something of the like that throws me.

Did you ever read Celebrity Rehab 2? (I replaced into that game after Kuz was inactive for a whole day without playing) The game had pages of pre-game, I don't recall exactly how much but it was very substantial, 15 pages at least. Shenanigans through the roof, not least of which was Zen's proposal for some sort of town alliance. I tried to read it upon replacing it but it was hopeless to get information from, mired the game for me.

It's probably great for players who know what's up already, but for me it's just leaving me in the dark from before D1 even gets going. I'd much rather wash my hands of it, I elaborate more on this later.

(I'll read Nabe, I don't remember anything of note beyond voting me)

Or are you asking me what I think the intent of each vote for me was?
As of current my feeling is Nabe wanted to pressure me to see where it would go/get a feel for me, Soup jumped on but hasn't added for reasons not yet known (coasting), and Toastin is looking for a D1 lynch target.

There was neither any RVS (except Laundry) nor WIFOM utilized in the pregame. In fact, some fairly important mechanic discussion took place that could greatly influence your read on a few players. Why are you trying to put on this bravado and dismiss its legitimacy? You're usually much more open-minded than this. Scum.
My skim did influence my reads, but you don't like that it wasn't favorable to your slot. Delay reading/working with =/= ignore.

There was no wifom involved. Adumb is incorrectly trying to capitalize on a subtly. He's wrong and slightly obtuse but he's certainly giving a stance and information to judge his alignment off. Yet your reasoning for disliking our slots is simply because our pre-game banter has "skipped all forms of RVS you're familiar with." Gross.

Why is pregame content any different from when the game actually starts. From the moment we receive our role PMs our posts will have some reflection of our alignment so the information is valid. You vapidly dismissal of reading 4 pages just because its pre-game looks like scum obstinance rather than actual townie laziness.

I also heavily dislike that you try and take a stance against your detractors but then immediately dismiss its significance. "I dislike that people find me scummy for my actions, but that could just be town intent and I don't know what I'm talking about. We'll see eventually." Definition of fence-sitting.
I hate it because the game hasn't even started yet. That's like throwing a pitch for a strike before I'm even at bat. I came in here to confirm and found out people had already started the game, that's not cool. When the game starts is supposed to be when the game starts so that everyone has a chance. Pre-game by it's very nature shouldn't exist, I will, and did come back once the game starts for real. Obstinance yes, refusal is obstinance, but obstinance doesn't mean scum. You were there when we lynched Ran in the Newbie, you know I have the capacity for it.

This brings us to our question though:

Why are you trying to provoke me about it more than discuss it with me. You seem more interested in riling me up than calming me down. That doesn't seem like a town action.

As of the time of the posted quote: I was unsure if the votes and pushing on me was RVS or genuine. Yours appears to be genuine, Nabe and Soup yet to be accounted for.

I have a huge problem with what your actual opinions are and I don't think you would have formed them in this game had you been town aligned.
And what are those problems you have with them. Outline for me why you don't think I should have the opinions, because right now I already have them. I've seen you and Adum suck away my chance at information, and now my chance at normal participation instead of defensive posting based on my personal opinions, to me that's anti-town. You're also attempting to stifle Swiss with mechanics, something I don't think you would be concerned with as a townie. I would expect you to try and garner a read on Swiss, then work with it, rather than clamp down before things have gotten started and force town's hand.

Elaborate on this please. What do you think of Kuz’s and Adum’s intent in skipping RVS? Also, Swiss also helped push the game immediately out of RVS, what are your thoughts on him?
I think they want the reads for themselves, but it's not beneficial to the rest of us who don't get a share, hurting town in the long run. From what I can tell Swiss has mostly taken control back from Kuz, as he was the one to start the RVS acceleration with his post:

No one quick wagon Swiss in RVS so some townie says something dumb and pressure forever shifts away because he's competent enough to make logical statements but has already received "heat." He dies D1. Adumb will either help me or keep up a dumb charade and be lynched for it.

Mechanic definitely hints at the presence of a killing, probably prominent, third party faction so Mafia definitely has reason to hammer. Maybe two mafia factions. Does that line up with the flavor?

Who is Blazer?
Swiss greets the cast with his little list and votes for WL in jest, but he's not jumping the gun. His posts seem like banter rather than thread control until later. Kuz's (and later Adum's) strike me as all business right out of the gate, and that makes me uneasy. Swiss strikes me as genuine so far.

1. Get me a Soup read, please. Shouldn't be that hard. If the read is null, w/e.
2. Tell me why you responded to Nabe's vote on you before you responded to me, given that you're not dealing with things in the order they appear in the thread.

3. What is your opinion on RVS as a phase of the game- do you find it useful? do you prefer a shorter or longer RVS phase?

Ta.
Alright, I'll go and read Soup, but why him in particular?

Don't always read in order, often I'm playing catch up from real-time then read what I miss. Nabe's response was present and answerable when I logged in.

I like ones that I can actually be a part of, otherwise they aren't nearly as useful. It doesn't need to be overly long, but I have to have at least been present in order to get a handle on the situation. In that way long is usually better than short.

Vote: Toastin

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
"I won't be reading pregame"
"I hate games with content in pregame"
"I have reads based on what I've read of the pregame content"

Vote: Jdietz43
Nabe, I think you've misunderstood my sentiments.

I didn't mean I wouldn't read pre-game at all (yes I know what I said in the very first post I made, but that wasn't to be taken literally as explained when Glyph asked). I did eventually read pre-game, and I did form opinions. You are right that I hated it however.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, just noticed this question existed.

JD, how do you feel about this game overall?
Pretty lousy. If I had known popping in and remarking how I felt offhand would turn out this way I would have just kept quiet until the game started for real. If I hadn't I doubt anyone would have cared.

(that is unless you've gotten some great reads from this in which case it was my plan all along and you should totally make me MVP for it)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@Red Ryu: I heard you swore off pulling gambits etc. Is this true? What would you say counts as a gambit, as opposed to say a bluff etc. ?
It is true swore it off.

Gambit would be more so me trying something with a large risk large reward. Example, me as scum in Walgreens where I think someone was lying about being a miller and CC' them right on page 1 to ride the claim into end game.

Buff could fall under this sometimes since your trying to lie to someone to get a genuine response out of them.

Why this question though?

Swiss

Smash Lord
You're trying to see if you can salvage good sentiment toward him before you're forced to actually bus him.
I stared at this thinking why the hell I asked that.

RR comment on why I haven't voted Ditz.
Kuz accuses me of trying to damage his credibility yet clearly has no regard for it. He made up a question from me to him, so that he could imply myself and Ditz are scumbuddies.

Looking at this

Kuz, calm down and reign it in. It does not become you.

I query why you are accusing me of being scum, yet advocate the doc wifom his protect between us.

I'll comment tonight.
I'm quite calm. Please respond to my posts instead of poking at my credibility. Thanks.
I dislike intensely his method.

I am suggestuible to a Toastin/Ditz scumteam (they are at each others throats to a remarkable degree).

I take scum stance on Ditz from a post on page 7 iirc. I'll quote it when I get a second (eta 5 hours??).

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[3] Jdietz43: Nabe / Toastin' Dat Walrus / Яagnarock
[2] Toastin' Dat Walrus: Red Ruy / Jdietz43
[1] adumbrodeus: Pink Lemonade

[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Яagnarock
[0] Kary
[0] Swiss
[0] Blazer
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] Red Ruy
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Fynal
[0] frozenflame751
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Dark Horse

[10] Not Voting: adumbrodeus / Dark Horse / Kary / Swiss / Blazer / DtJ Glyphmoney / WashedLaundry / Fynal / frozenflame751 / -Masquerain-

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

Blazer has been prodded.

Swiss

Smash Lord
You are attempting to, as you say, safeguard town against me - but you do this by compromising my duration in this game and not by constraining my potential alignment. You have not suggested I be copped, tracked, watched, masoned, time travelled, sent a letter to name-copped etc etc etc (the "pro town clear"). I dislike the process this takes me down.
@Bold: Nice try at twisting my intentions, but that's simply wrong.
This is off.

I am not twisting your intentions. You do want me to hammer toDay. And you do want this because it means I am more vulnerable to NK's.

By your own admission you want me dead by LyLo or at least vulnerable to NK's. So unless you are suggesting that your intention of leaving me vulnerable to NK's will not compromise my duration in this game...?

You have also stated that as it stands you won't even stick to your promise of agreeing I should be doc'd.

Your constant nipping at my heels attempting to kill me is a waste of both my time and my energy.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Gut feeling is a dislike of your slot and Adum for putting all this wifom out right out of the gate and skipping all forms of RVS I'm familiar with.

Dislike that some people already claim a scum read on me from said dislike of pre-game posting. We'll see where they go with it though. (I don't really know since I don't know how to take pre-game stuff, could be town intent from seeing me be lazy, otherwise looking for easy targets. We'll know eventually)
Scumtell on this. Page 6.

Swiss

Smash Lord
It is true swore it off.

Gambit would be more so me trying something with a large risk large reward. Example, me as scum in Walgreens where I think someone was lying about being a miller and CC' them right on page 1 to ride the claim into end game.

Buff could fall under this sometimes since your trying to lie to someone to get a genuine response out of them.

Who claimed Miller?

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ Adum I mean I wanted the tells from RR. Quotes por favor. Opinion on Kuz specifically in recent posts?

Big fan of Joey. Though run me through Souptown again. Ignore your Adumscum read for now.

I find it amusing I said we should try and pin Gord and have spent most of my time trying to read Kuz. MLG.

Nope didn't see this on my tabs. Too many tabs.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Toastin' Dat Walrus (Gorf/Kuz Hydra) -Scum
-Masquerain- - Town. It seems like he's making mistakes (I feel as though several times he's wanted to go back and reread something), but he's being way too calm to be scum.
adumbrodeus -Town. There was no reason for him to jump on Kuz early game as scum, as what he jumped on was so meaningless that it could have easily been ignored.
Яagnarock- Null, Haven't been paying much attention to this guy
Dark Horse - Town
Kary- Town -like how he's asking questions: he's trying to get more information than what's present.
Swiss- Town
Blazer- Don't think this guy has posted yet
DtJ Glyphmoney- Slight town lean. The only thing I remember him doing was questioning Ditz, which I liked
Nabe-See Glyph
Red Ruy- Leaning town,*
Fynal-Haven't been paying that much attention to him
WashedLaundry- Inactive, it seems like it
frozenflame751- Null, has he even posted yet?
Pink Lemonade (July/Ranmaru Hydra)- Null. Will probably look into this more
Jdietz43- Scum

Will probably look into PL/Fynal/Soup more.*

I'd put it at null or scum tell (Somewhere in the middle) It's a terrible defense, as it doesn't defend himself except for "Pregame talk isn't right." Also, the bats metaphor makes it seem like he was just caught in pregame before he could do anything, making him seem like a victim, when in reality he was the primary reason people are suspecting him.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
what I'm implying is that your logic is sophmoric and you need to reconsider your conclusions.
I lol'd- you post this and your case on Toastin' is 'I don't like their wording'
You're obvtown, though, right?

Alright, I'll go and read Soup, but why him in particular?
He's easy reading; there's not a lot, and in my opinion most of it is unambiguous.

P.S. Your vote smells like OMGUS, in my opinion. Oh wait i'm trying to rile you up, lol.

Mostly just your #117, and a desire to get you talking.
What do you think of Joey?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Mostly just your #117, and a desire to get you talking.
What do you think of Joey?
People shouldn't take my 117 seriously.

Joey is leaning town, his large wall gave me a goo feel when I read how he worded himself for a good portion of it.

Responses to Adumb were fair and how he went with Dark Horse seems like he is genuinely interested in looking around and seeing intent.

Toastin Dat Walrus

Smash Rookie
So my computer's not letting me highlight, so I'll try my best to respond to shiz:

@JDietz' first part of 299, the fact is that the game starts once Role PM's are distributed. It shouldn't matter that the mod hasn't deemed the game begun, once roles are realized reads are able to be established. Plus, there was much more serious conversation than joking conversation, if that's where you're going.

The rest is Kuz business so I ain't gonna answer for em.

Toastin Dat Walrus

Smash Rookie
>mfw Swiss has done absolutely nothing yet everyone has a town read on him. Such is the way of dGames.

Kary said:
Swiss is saying my agressive pushes don't suit me as a player and that I should stop doing them because they unbecome me (trying to poke at my credibility as a player, not my argument). I'm saying Swiss isn't playing well this game, which he isnt (his play this game has been poor). There's a difference.

Before I begin, I quite like these responses by Ditz. I'll reply to them regardless but I may be starting to see the other side of this.

My skim did influence my reads, but you don't like that it wasn't favorable to your slot. Delay reading/working with =/= ignore.
That's untrue. The point I was making was that you were dismissing RVS by categorizing it a certain way, which you were, and my point still stands. What you actually took away from that RVS portion has nothing to do with that point I was making.

I hate it because the game hasn't even started yet. That's like throwing a pitch for a strike before I'm even at bat. I came in here to confirm and found out people had already started the game, that's not cool. When the game starts is supposed to be when the game starts so that everyone has a chance. Pre-game by it's very nature shouldn't exist, I will, and did come back once the game starts for real. Obstinance yes, refusal is obstinance, but obstinance doesn't mean scum. You were there when we lynched Ran in the Newbie, you know I have the capacity for it.

This brings us to our question though:

Why are you trying to provoke me about it more than discuss it with me. You seem more interested in riling me up than calming me down. That doesn't seem like a town action.

As of the time of the posted quote: I was unsure if the votes and pushing on me was RVS or genuine. Yours appears to be genuine, Nabe and Soup yet to be accounted for.
@first: I don't even remember that newbie, but I'll accept you don't like pregame. What I don't accept is your refusal to actually go back and read that portion for tells, not just skim it. Since it does contain content, it is important and nothing something you can ignore just because you don't like the concept of.

@second: I'm not trying to provoke you, I'm just trying to show others the stances you've made. From what you've stated I'd assumed you still hadn't gone back and read through it, so I didn't bother. Since you claim to want to discuss it, I must be wrong.

So, tell me, what is your read on Swiss and what are your thoughts on my hammer proposal?

And what are those problems you have with them. Outline for me why you don't think I should have the opinions, because right now I already have them. I've seen you and Adum suck away my chance at information, and now my chance at normal participation instead of defensive posting based on my personal opinions, to me that's anti-town. You're also attempting to stifle Swiss with mechanics, something I don't think you would be concerned with as a townie. I would expect you to try and garner a read on Swiss, then work with it, rather than clamp down before things have gotten started and force town's hand.
Fair stance to take. I'm also attempting to stifle Swiss in return for stifling myself because it is the best pro-town motive I can immediately see. I've already garnered my read on Swiss, and he's scum. That's why I'm continuing with my proposal long after I thought I would. Initially, I just wanted to see how Swiss reacted to the thought of it because I thought it would let me get a better handle on his alignment, which it did. I don't think Swiss is town which is why I want to stifle him.

Top Bottom