• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Kary, the "spot" that you're putting him on is actually much better for him than actual play. It's hardly effective pressure.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
I agree with most of whats been posted against dietz, but have one more thing to add:

in the minigame i played where my reads were so bad, i did have one correct one: town Jdietz despite his scummyness. The thing is, most of his play involved his indefinite tunneling of J with few posted reasons. The dietz I see in this game is so much more opportunistic, especially recently. Any time someone might be scum he's right there saying "yeah, i don't like them" which is so different from his J tunnel.

so unless Nabe and PL vote Adumb toNight Joey can't hammer. Uuuugh.

IGMEOY: Pink Lemonade

Your last post is really bugging me in terms of how safe it is and just how cautious you are being when approaching your reads. It feels somewhat robotic in your last post, July. I'll get to it more later tonight hopefully
I'm more concerned with the logical missteps. PL as a hyrda is normally incredibly thorough as a rule.
I think you slightly mistook my sentiments: my point is I don't think PL is actually being thorough right now.

They're making points I wouldn't expect them to glaze over the flaws of. For instance the backdoor sentiment: in a way letting people know what I had really done on arrival without reading is the opposite of a backdoor as I wouldn't even know how things had gone. There are too many oversights that need addressing: I'll see what PL has to say when a member of the hyrda returns.
thorough? damn, thats exactly the word i was going to use to describe PL's posts.

--and later--

No real opinion on Fynal right now, I didn't really notice his presence for the most part lately. Would have to re-read early game to get one again. Do you have cause for me to be troubled by him?
and when J posts this...

Ah yes, Fynal's random push on FF and then silence D1. I remember now, based on that and his new push he can go eventually. Glazing over Adumb and becoming hung up on me after claiming a town read for me D1 is grimy.
Both of these sequences of posts come shortly after PL/fynal accuse dietz of scum. they're practically OMGUS. I mean, dietz seems to have totally forgotten his suspicions on me until J points it out and then he's like oh yeah sure. it feels fake.

for the sake of having a vote on a scumread,

vote: Jdietz

Now, RR...

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@DH: More pressure doesn't always equal better reads. Sometimes it's worth giving someone an 'out' so you can see how they react to that; some scum might leap at the chance.

But I'm going to drop this now unless you have any objections. I just think our opinions differ.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@DH: More pressure doesn't always equal better reads. Sometimes it's worth giving someone an 'out' so you can see how they react to that; some scum might leap at the chance.
Anyone's going to leap at the chance. Townies are going to want to show how they are town, to avoid being mislynched. Scum is going to want to show how they've been town, to avoid being lynched.

Though hell with that, I'm done with this.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Well I'm not sure about the showing town thing you asjked me eariler.

I still think Glyph is full of ****. The only thing I think he has that is legitimate is my lack of commitment, which is due to laziness on my part.
An interesting claim! Lets see how that pans out.

The wanting him dead for not commenting on anything is full of ****. Any person is going to take note of random *** reads being thown out.
Dark Horse didn't. And again, its not JUST that you took notice. Its the way you acted about it that the scum read stems from.

He put one of my strongest, and still is, town reads DH and myself as the strongest scum reads and then says" nah *flips a bird* no commenting on current lynches for today.
I said this in twilight. What good would have my commenting on a lynch that already went through do? 'oh man yeah! Good work guys!'

That **** smells and that is why I wanted him gone, I pegged him a few times to talk back to me on why he wanted this and something relevant, he gave me nothing.
Stop using pegged incorrectly. And no it doesn't, for reasons I'll apparently have to spell out later in this post.

Zip nada, this is coasting Glyph, I hate coasters and inactives.
As evidenced by your push on every inactive and coaster....... right?

So what is his first response to pressure, hey dude putting attention on me is scum, wtf?
You have an interesting definition of 'pressure'. There was no vote. There wasn't even a direct accusation. There was a flimsy little reminder to the people who were actually doing stuff to look at my slot.

Either he is ******** or scum, his case makes no sense.
mvpdice.jpg

4votesonyou.png

butttold.gif

"I put attention on him for my vote and then that makes me scum because only scum notices this" What the **** kind of ****ty logic is this? Townies are gonna notice that crap, Swiss, Kary, and others asked him for the same thing and he did diddily squat to explain himself, what are people gonna think when someone plays like this, my thoughts at the time "He is lazy or he is scum" Both are bad and need to be removed. Which is why I asked a vig first and not a lynch.
God I am tired of repeating this. Reacting to being called scum is normal. The WAY you reacted is the substance to the case. You're trying to oversimplify my entire case.

So no, Glyph is full of it on that. It's null and doesn't tell jack **** about aplignment.
While I can't speak about aplignment, it most certainly is VERY indicative of alignment.

No matter what alignment you are, you need to defend yourself from accusations. Glyph gave nothing til after the fact and left me with a "?" on what to do with him.
Which, again, was the whole point of everything. To make you react.

What if I did this.

Vote: J

and just sat on that?

Ignored any questions to him and refuses to give info? That **** is bad and doesn't help with anything.
In what world have I just said "LOOK RR IZ SCUM" and then 'just say on that'. (spoiler: not this one)

On Glyph himself, I have no ****ing clue what to do, it's incredibly anti-town and I got nothing on how to handle it outside of a lynch I don't wanna use to it being null.
Funny how you're the only one who thinks that.

Glyph's case is garbage, outside of the lack of commitment, I have no clue though what his intent or motive is since I got his #750 which is the only town tell I got from him on this front. He shows believe in his ideals here, this is the only thing that makes me think town.
WOW you're all over the place on your read on me even in this one post. And again, #750 is a SUMMARY OF PREVIOUS POSTS. NO NEW MATERIAL IN IT.

His lack of commitment and commenting on other players, that stuff is anti-town. If he ever dies we learn nothing. Town or scum.

That's why I wanted outside opinions because he is sitting in his tunnel without jack **** to comment on anything else. This is exactly what scum wants regardless of his alignment.
As someone who prides themselves on their scum play, I can tell you what I've been doing is the exact opposite of what scum is looking for. Why? Because I'm still alive.

Well no **** right, what good is being alive if you've got no reads though? Couldn't scum just kill me and leave that big question mark there?

What if I want scum to kill me?

Here's the thing RR, everything I've done outside of the big push on you is designed to generate wifom that only impacts the scum team. As town, you guys could give a **** what my reads are as long as I'm working on lynching scum. The only people who REALLY benefit from those big lists of who you think is what, is the scum team. I use the phrase 'giving scum a roadmap' a lot for situations like this, and I think its pretty appropriate. Scum on SWF really just has to sit there and wait for some player who's been conditioned to believe that asking people for their reads = being townie. Then, based off those reads that they just picked up for free, they have make a much more effective NK choice or better employ their PRs.

Once your lynch is set, I'll be moving onto my next scum read. Unless absolutely demanded, I will not be giving a 'full read list' this game at all.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Sheep are easy.
Exactly, just look at how effortlessly you've rallied them to your cause!

Your cause that is 'Glyph might be town but he might be scum I guess lets just lynch him to be safe'

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Vote: Red Ryu

Attitude is terrible, this isn't townRR.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Unvote Because sleep.

Still like Glyph waaay more than RR, and haven't seen RR pull much to address that he looks scummy.
Ok (but not enthusiastic) with him being lynched, but not sure we can afford to make a mistake, and there's a couple more things I want to look into today. Ciao for now.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[4] Red Ruy: Dark Horse / Jdietz43 / Pink Lemonade / Яagnarock
[3] Fynal: J / Nabe / Red Ruy
[1] Jdietz43: Fynal

[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Яagnarock
[0] Dark Horse
[0] Krystedez
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] J
[0] Kary

[5] Not Voting: -Masquerain- / Krystedez / DtJ Glyphmoney / WashedLaundry /
Kary

With 13 alive, it takes 8 to lynch!
Deadline set for Wednesday 11th July, Midnight GMT.

__

A friendly reminder to J: please post under your own account, or quote posts made by Sho-Minamimoto under your own account!

Declared V/LAs

• Pink Lemonade [until July 5th]

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
An interesting claim! Lets see how that pans out.
Let's.

Dark Horse didn't. And again, its not JUST that you took notice. Its the way you acted about it that the scum read stems from.
Because I wanted you dead of off not doing anything?

I said this in twilight. What good would have my commenting on a lynch that already went through do? 'oh man yeah! Good work guys!'
You still chose to do nothing D1 and D2, even before the hammer was down.

Stop using pegged incorrectly. And no it doesn't, for reasons I'll apparently have to spell out later in this post.
Asked/pegged whatever.

As evidenced by your push on every inactive and coaster....... right?
Actively useless you were, even for inactive others gave better content than you.

You have an interesting definition of 'pressure'. There was no vote. There wasn't even a direct accusation. There was a flimsy little reminder to the people who were actually doing stuff to look at my slot.
That's all it took for you to get interested.

mvpdice.jpg

4votesonyou.png

butttold.gif
Don't care.

God I am tired of repeating this. Reacting to being called scum is normal. The WAY you reacted is the substance to the case. You're trying to oversimplify my entire case.
You seem to gloss over the fact it is incredibly null.

While I can't speak about aplignment, it most certainly is VERY indicative of alignment.
Not at all, show me other game examples where it does.

Which, again, was the whole point of everything. To make you react.
It did, but you don't understand how it is not a scum tell. At all.

In what world have I just said "LOOK RR IZ SCUM" and then 'just say on that'. (spoiler: not this one)
It's essentially what you did.

Funny how you're the only one who thinks that.
Why would this matter?

WOW you're all over the place on your read on me even in this one post. And again, #750 is a SUMMARY OF PREVIOUS POSTS. NO NEW MATERIAL IN IT.
Context and wording make a difference.

As someone who prides themselves on their scum play, I can tell you what I've been doing is the exact opposite of what scum is looking for. Why? Because I'm still alive.

Well no **** right, what good is being alive if you've got no reads though? Couldn't scum just kill me and leave that big question mark there?

What if I want scum to kill me?
You defend with a WIFOM bomb.

Here's the thing RR, everything I've done outside of the big push on you is designed to generate wifom that only impacts the scum team. As town, you guys could give a **** what my reads are as long as I'm working on lynching scum. The only people who REALLY benefit from those big lists of who you think is what, is the scum team. I use the phrase 'giving scum a roadmap' a lot for situations like this, and I think its pretty appropriate. Scum on SWF really just has to sit there and wait for some player who's been conditioned to believe that asking people for their reads = being townie. Then, based off those reads that they just picked up for free, they have make a much more effective NK choice or better employ their PRs.

Once your lynch is set, I'll be moving onto my next scum read. Unless absolutely demanded, I will not be giving a 'full read list' this game at all.
That is a load of crap.

The reason tactics like this work is because people keep static reads without reevaluating reads. OverSwarm and Ambrodeus said it at the end of Fire emblem and I stand by it. If you keep a static read list you give them a treasure map, if you keep evaluating your reads you don't give them jack ****.

I don't care for a full read list I want info on other players like Fynal, Deitz and Kary, which you continue to dodge.

Exactly, just look at how effortlessly you've rallied them to your cause!

Your cause that is 'Glyph might be town but he might be scum I guess lets just lynch him to be safe'
I support this if you continue to be anti town.

#HBC | ѕoup

Go die in a dumpster fire.
lol

just

lol

Did you get a restriction to play like Ryker? Why aren't you modkilled yet? You're not doing a very good job. I see no reason for you to be snippy like this as town and make retorts like these. What's your intention to act this way?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: Fynal

~J

:phone:
I need to re-read RR like I promised but before I do, still feel Fynal should go first.

~J

(I'll quote these later Kat! Sorry about this but phone shenanigans)

That is like the first post I agree with Nabe on this game. Kary, you are beginning to crumble in terms of your play and it seems to get worse an worse as the days progress. The thing that is keeping me from looking into you more intently.

~J

I didn't wagon hop onto Fynal. If someone is voting one of my scum-reads I was pushing yesterDay, I am going to be there especially when I already had reasoning. Another thing you need to go into is this mysterious "other disliking" because you have had me as strong town all game.

I also never had an FoS on PL. I had an IGMEOY. But yes, their play this game has left a bad taste in my mouth too but I feel others are much more needing of attention at the moment like Fynal. However, what I was doing was giving pressure onto a slot that is a question mark with more bad vibes than good vibes.

I also never felt a connection to Kary+Fynal and I actually don't believe they have mentioned each other all game iirc. Kary's vote on Fynal looks more opportunistic then bussing in my eyes.

Glyph, if it's any consolidation, I'm almost done my re-read on RR and will flesh that out when I get to the next hotel.

Till then, tell me why not Fynal besides the fact that it's name is not Red Ryu? What do you make of Soup?

Can I just co-sign your posts DH?

I'm checking into the hotel so I'll be more available in a bit.

But DH is right, Kary.

Kary, that is near impossible to tell.

Quoting these now.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Don't know how you can see scum-intent in my vote on Fynal when I draw attention to there not being any explicit reasoning backing up the waggon. Obviously I knew why I was voting him; for reactions.
Reactions to the comment "I don't know why the **** I'm voting this person" aren't going to help a damned thing. You know what everyone is going to say to that?

"Wow, that is a pretty stupid post I just read."

Really don't see the benefit in elaborating on my reads right now. When I bother to weigh in with some opinions, apparently people just misunderstand me. To say my stances/posts are empty is just plain wrong, just have a little patience.
die

Nabe, why did you feel the need to VOICE that you disliked mine and Ryu's reactions?
Idle commentary. I've been promising a reread for a while now and wanted people to know it was happening, and "hey these people are both dumb or scum" is a good thing to read for, so it was by way of saying "I'm on the job".

Soup, why do you feel that my vote on Fynal was 'just hopping' on a waggon, as opposed to a test of people's reactions?
die

People probably won't like that vote just sitting there, so here's the deal. I think Glyph is town, I think RR could do with some pressure, it's still early in the Day.
This is you explicitly refraining from taking a stance and switching your vote from your previous hotly contested one on Fynal, die in fires

2. Please elaborate on your Fynal read, and the reasoning for your vote on him.
You're not in a position where you can ask this of RR or anybody.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@DH: If you guys want to give me invincibility that would be grand.

Glyph I'm not sure why you aren't on RR, Kary get back on RR, J get on RR it's him or you (bus your partner quick). You too Nabe.

*slaps **** down on table*

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Why J, Dietz?

I believe I asked this before, so if you already answered, quote please.

Why RR, as well? Just Glyph v RR?

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
Ive read most of the stuff about RR and could definitely see myself sheeping it, but i don't have anything insightful to add and honestly I'm more interested in a few other things before he gets lynched:

soup hasnt responded to me, not sure if its a tell or just him missing it. regardless:

Vote: Fynal
@Mod request votecount
these are soup's first 3 posts of toDay, in their entirety. What bothers me is the fact that he's stated absolutely no reasons as to why he voted me. Soup and J voted at almost exactly the same time, but soup was two minutes earlier. they're either scum together or soup somehow managed to vote on his own with no knowledge that J would vote. This is why I asked before and I'll ask again:

soup, why did you vote me?

i distinctly remember J having suspicions about me D2, but i recall absolutely nothing from you.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
@DH: If you guys want to give me invincibility that would be grand.

Glyph I'm not sure why you aren't on RR, Kary get back on RR, J get on RR it's him or you (bus your partner quick). You too Nabe.

*slaps **** down on table*
explain more. If its good, I'm ready to accept that i was wrong and you're actually town. Is soup+J+RR scumteam possible?

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
read em, saw nothing

what i'm asking is, why did you vote me origionally? like, before J even voted, before you had any idea that J was gonna push me toDay?

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
ok

so its total coincidence that 2 mins later J seriousvoted me?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
lol

just

lol

Did you get a restriction to play like Ryker? Why aren't you modkilled yet? You're not doing a very good job. I see no reason for you to be snippy like this as town and make retorts like these. What's your intention to act this way?
Your an idiot.

#HBC | ѕoup

God, you are useless.

Vote: Red Ryu
Kill: Red Ryu
Suicide Bomb: Red Ryu
Double-vote: Red Ryu
Kill with ****ing fire: Red Ryu

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Reactions to the comment "I don't know why the **** I'm voting this person" aren't going to help a damned thing. You know what everyone is going to say to that?

"Wow, that is a pretty stupid post I just read."

die

Idle commentary. I've been promising a reread for a while now and wanted people to know it was happening, and "hey these people are both dumb or scum" is a good thing to read for, so it was by way of saying "I'm on the job".

die

This is you explicitly refraining from taking a stance and switching your vote from your previous hotly contested one on Fynal, die in fires

You're not in a position where you can ask this of RR or anybody.
Legitimate.

Vote: Kary

Top Bottom