• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

Sho-Minamimoto

J|Sephiroth's Masamune
I didn't wagon hop onto Fynal. If someone is voting one of my scum-reads I was pushing yesterDay, I am going to be there especially when I already had reasoning. Another thing you need to go into is this mysterious "other disliking" because you have had me as strong town all game.

I also never had an FoS on PL. I had an IGMEOY. But yes, their play this game has left a bad taste in my mouth too but I feel others are much more needing of attention at the moment like Fynal. However, what I was doing was giving pressure onto a slot that is a question mark with more bad vibes than good vibes.

I also never felt a connection to Kary+Fynal and I actually don't believe they have mentioned each other all game iirc. Kary's vote on Fynal looks more opportunistic then bussing in my eyes.

:phone:

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
ok, yeah, thats a damn good reason J. I havent put half the effort i should have into this game, because of playing league constantly, some IRL stuff, and general despairing of my own ability to read alignments after that minigame. mostly the league addiction though.

Hold on, he said he wanted to have Ditzy toDay and look into July. Yet he did neither...what?
was playing league for basically all of N2...i'll get right on that

If i'm toDay's lynch, then I probably deserve it. No more league until i figure out something useful though.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Oh my goodness guys I get to do it again!

Word.

-_-

J, wat do right now with Glyph, there is a difference between hiding stances to protect some info and not giving any at all.
LITERALLY the same **** I was pushing before! 'Oh my GOSH guys! This freaking Glyph guy right?!?!? What on earth are we gunna do with him J?!'

He's still not pushing me himself, and take a look at his posts today irt my slot and just try to tell me he doesn't want me dead.

When I pegged him and refused to answer his questions during our back and forth, I was doing such because I refused to give him any info until he gave a paper trail to anything else. I have no clue where he stands other than myself and he refuses to state anything about other people. **** like that annoys me as I said before, as town or scum we learn nothing on his death.

What is he protecting from not giving stances on relevant issues?
When you pegged me? Pegged me as town? Do you remember your last stance you took on me? I sure as hell do, since its a cornerstone in why I think you're scum.

Eh, that #750 makes me think Glyph town more.

he is more sure of his read and not afraid to push it like he is.

Glyph take your time to respond.

Still working on reread atm.
Here it is, in all its glory. You know what my favorite part about this point is? I don't even have to type very much.

My #750 is literally just restating things I had already said, and had already been responded to by RR. Seriously. Not a single new point is present in there.

And yet for some reason, RR sees the same points I had already made (remember he thought they made me scummy the first time) and thinks 'yeah that's town'. Not to mention the 'reasoning' he gives for it of being sure in a read.

Since RR's such a fan of repetition, I'll say it again. This is not a town motivated action. There is ZERO town motive in this play. This is a scum play trying their damnedest to look townie and alleviate the pressure on themselves.

I'm also wondering why J and Soup both dropped Deitz.
But not doing anything about it, are you?

Also 'me too' posts are grimmy as ****. Just coasting on other people's observations.

This looks.... unnecessary.
This too.
You're right. Full reads from you once we lynch RR?
Like it's a bad idea.
Hmmm... really?
What are your thoughts, Soup?

@Soup: Please give me your opinion on Glyph vs. RR
@Ditzy: You think Adum was stupid... but right about J?
@Nabe: I'd like to hear your read on J
@Glyph: RR is scum, who are his scumbuddies?
@J: Fynal is scum, who are his scumbuddies?

TTFN
Full reads once RR is set to be the lynch for today. I won't have the things I've noticed lost just because we ran out of time in twilight.

@Kary

Glyph vs. RR. Not a concern, what about you? You're dropping a ton of questions without having reasoning behind them, as far as I know the last solid thing you did was a weak case on Swiss that didn't go anywhere.
Not a concern.

I want to clarify a couple of things.

J had reasoning for Fynal but you were just hopping to hop on a wagon, I'm cautious of J still but it's not as ugly as your jump, you could say that quick-vote was a reaction test of sorts, and your reaction did not give me one to like. I was confused with RR's response, yet not surprised. I don't see scum-intent there but I do see scum-intent in earlier points and I find Glyph's reasoning legitimate, the thing about RR is that as scum he likes to skate on presence and never sticks his neck out, all RR has done this game is be safe with every post he has and the lack of actual push is nasty. WL just bothers me greatly and I can't get that out of my head, I would love some current responses from him.

J, go further on what you were doing with PL, I remember you dropping an FoS on them, but I never seen it go further, I'd be willing to work with you for a common goal, as their play has left a bad taste in my mouth.
But here's all this info on the two of them. @Soup I want to you talk to me about why it 'wasn't a concern' to you.

Didn't know I was in a newbie game.
You do realize that when you're getting pressure on you, its only your own fault. Thats one of my pet peeves in mafia when people try to justify the fact that they're getting lynched because everyone ELSE was a moron.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
ok, yeah, thats a damn good reason J. I havent put half the effort i should have into this game, because of playing league constantly, some IRL stuff, and general despairing of my own ability to read alignments after that minigame. mostly the league addiction though.

was playing league for basically all of N2...i'll get right on that

If i'm toDay's lynch, then I probably deserve it. No more league until i figure out something useful though.
Holy **** how is there a wagon on this guy

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Glad you cut straight to the heart of my argument in your defense instead of just complaining about how dumb people are

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Not a priority, I like what you're doing, I'm just not interested.

Sho-Minamimoto

J|Sephiroth's Masamune
Glyph, if it's any consolidation, I'm almost done my re-read on RR and will flesh that out when I get to the next hotel.

Till then, tell me why not Fynal besides the fact that it's name is not Red Ryu? What do you make of Soup?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
That one post alone is so dripping with townie its ridiculous. Admits he's ****ed up, but also shows that he's not only got solid reasons for having done so and promises to make good on improving.

If he doesn't follow through then sure he's fair game, but for now he's not someone I even want to see with a wagon on him. Its not productive.

I've thought Soup was town since a very specific post on D1 that i'd have to find to support my read.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Unvote

Don't know how you can see scum-intent in my vote on Fynal when I draw attention to there not being any explicit reasoning backing up the waggon. Obviously I knew why I was voting him; for reactions.

@Fynal: Between the strong possibilty of J scum and Soup's (in my opinion wayward) pushes on Blazer/Dietz I'm not seeing any reason to trust them.

Really don't see the benefit in elaborating on my reads right now. When I bother to weigh in with some opinions, apparently people just misunderstand me. To say my stances/posts are empty is just plain wrong, just have a little patience.

Nabe, why did you feel the need to VOICE that you disliked mine and Ryu's reactions?

Soup, why do you feel that my vote on Fynal was 'just hopping' on a waggon, as opposed to a test of people's reactions?

J, I don't understand how your reasoning for your Fynal vote includes Fynal's reaction to your vote on him. Also, I think your push on Fynal is really bad.

Vote: Red Ryu

People probably won't like that vote just sitting there, so here's the deal. I think Glyph is town, I think RR could do with some pressure, it's still early in the Day.

@Red Ryu:
1. I don't feel like I've seen any townRR. Can you show me any examples?
2. Please elaborate on your Fynal read, and the reasoning for your vote on him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Don't feel? Dunno what to reference here.

I voted because of his lack of commitment to anyone he cares to lynch, don't care for what Glyph quoted either. AtE is AtE.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote: RR

I'm up in this thread and I'm not reading ****. But I know who the scumteam is, and they know I know. Doc on me tonight.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Vote: Red Ryu

I still don't like JDeitz but RR lynch is more important toDay.

Also V/LA: today through July 5th for barbecues and 4th of July shenanigans.

Will look at Kary and Fynal when I have more time, also want to look at the Fynal wagon started toDay and how people jumped on it because I don't remember anyone stating strong suspicions of Fynal yesterDay.

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
@RR: Glyph leans town for me, he's been tunneling on you but he's provided reasons for his suspicions and I don't see scum intent in his push. \

#abridged version, more later when I'm not on my way to a BBQ

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
I read up on PL w.r.t. Adumb and PL had a not-scum read on Adumb for a heck of a lot longer than the end of the day. see the end of #820. Which means that kuz's scumtell doesn't apply, so nvm on that account.

The other thing I noticed was PL w.r.t. Dietz.. on day 1, part of his huge double-posted wall was this:

I took his accusations of his accusers as more of a knee-jerk response from his disgruntled state of mind, which reads town to me rather than scum.
I noticed this before, and might have commented on it before, but regardless: A knee-jerk accusing of your accusers is called an OMGUS, i.e. something (noob)scum tend to do because of the OMG SOMEONES VOTING ME WAT DO I DO mentality. I'm not sure how it could possibly be a town tell. Makes (and made) me suspicious of PL+dietz scumteam.

D2 PL switched to wanting dietz lynch though, and its not like he was wagon hopping

more of same more of same more of same, then confusion about Jdietz's joking w.r.t J and asking me to look at dietz tomorrow after i said i want dietz #1 tomorrow. He really doesn't seem in touch with Jdietz at all, so not a scumteam. Except for the one thing i commented on above, PL's posts look like honest and reasonable contributions and i'd call him a townread.

@soup: what was your reasoning for voting me at the start of toDay? you havent said anything thusfar and kind of jumped off at the first opportunity.

halfway done with dietz, i don't know about RR yet but i will soon. I seem to remember not hating him after the first round of glyph vs RR.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
RR, explain why we shouldn't just lynch you based off your indy claim alone?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@RR: I'm trying to give you the opportunity to show me something that suggests you're town.

Which, of course, would let me gauge your response.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
now i'm really confused

dietz what have you got? you don't even need a doc you can hammer today for invincibility if thats how it goes

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
That's your opinion, DH?

Right now I can't recall ANYTHING substantial RR has done this game, other than defend himself against Glyph... so I'm curious as to what RR thinks of his own play.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Anyone can tailor their answer to mak themselves seem town. That's where the flaw in the question lies.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
That's not a flaw, DH. That's an opportunity for me to try and see whether they're tailoring their answer to try and seem town or being genuine.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Why don't you just read his posts? It's going to be far more telling than him justifying why his actions are town

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@RR: I'm trying to give you the opportunity to show me something that suggests you're town.

Which, of course, would let me gauge your response.
Well I'm not sure about the showing town thing you asjked me eariler.

I still think Glyph is full of ****. The only thing I think he has that is legitimate is my lack of commitment, which is due to laziness on my part.

The wanting him dead for not commenting on anything is full of ****. Any person is going to take note of random *** reads being thown out. He put one of my strongest, and still is, town reads DH and myself as the strongest scum reads and then says" nah *flips a bird* no commenting on current lynches for today. That **** smells and that is why I wanted him gone, I pegged him a few times to talk back to me on why he wanted this and something relevant, he gave me nothing. Zip nada, this is coasting Glyph, I hate coasters and inactives. So what is his first response to pressure, hey dude putting attention on me is scum, wtf? Either he is ******** or scum, his case makes no sense. "I put attention on him for my vote and then that makes me scum because only scum notices this" What the **** kind of ****ty logic is this? Townies are gonna notice that crap, Swiss, Kary, and others asked him for the same thing and he did diddily squat to explain himself, what are people gonna think when someone plays like this, my thoughts at the time "He is lazy or he is scum" Both are bad and need to be removed. Which is why I asked a vig first and not a lynch.

So no, Glyph is full of it on that. It's null and doesn't tell jack **** about aplignment. No matter what alignment you are, you need to defend yourself from accusations. Glyph gave nothing til after the fact and left me with a "?" on what to do with him.

What if I did this.

Vote: J

and just sat on that?

Ignored any questions to him and refuses to give info? That **** is bad and doesn't help with anything.

~

On Glyph himself, I have no ****ing clue what to do, it's incredibly anti-town and I got nothing on how to handle it outside of a lynch I don't wanna use to it being null.

Glyph's case is garbage, outside of the lack of commitment, I have no clue though what his intent or motive is since I got his #750 which is the only town tell I got from him on this front. He shows believe in his ideals here, this is the only thing that makes me think town.

His lack of commitment and commenting on other players, that stuff is anti-town. If he ever dies we learn nothing. Town or scum.

That's why I wanted outside opinions because he is sitting in his tunnel without jack **** to comment on anything else. This is exactly what scum wants regardless of his alignment.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Because people act differently when you put them on the spot, which may be more telling than the way they naturally post.
And is it, J? I don't see why.

Top Bottom