• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Techs Every Snake Should Know

What >_>?

Can you talk seriously? This is a serious discussion. No time for joking.

As for cooking, maybe shield dropping nade--> u-air will cook it well or the classic tactic such as holding B then strip then throwing it. Also nade stripping will help in cooking.

Kunx990

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I was thinking about potatoes, anyway the classic, hold b. Shield drop and run around like an idiot works from time to time. I like cooking then making a small exploding wall with two nades myself.

Underload

Lazy
Berk, don't take this seriously hah. Smash doesn't matter in life, especially to guys like us. Let the guy have some fun.

I'll get to work on the minor stuff tomorrow, I've done enough for today. I got most everything in the first two sections done, take a look at it.

There's one problem. Don't grenades explode in 3 seconds? But still good stuff though.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel like we've had a million threads like this made, but this is definitely the best and most up to date one.

Man I've missed so much this week.

Kunx990

Smash Apprentice
They do blow up in 3 secs but that thread just said like mindgame filler actions.

etecoon

Smash Hero
you can also chain grab sheik with boost grabs but the timing is a lot more strict, not sure who else it works on if anyone

C.J.

Smash Master
You might be able to GR boost grab CG diddy and squirtle, idk haven't tested but their animations look similar enough to falco's to work.

Also, similar to grenade grabbing, you can sliding spotdodge w/ a grenade.

Blobby

Smash Cadet
Nice. I knew some of that like the C-4 recovery, but other things like Grenade Strip and... Velox??? I had no idea they even existed. Good information... I always wondered how to do DACUS

Underload

Lazy
Glad I could help. Yeah, most of these are almost vital to know if you want to flourish as Snake, so I highly recommend taking a few hours to learn everything you can. Some techs are more important than others (actually, I have an idea on how to avoid that confusion), so it's okay to be a bit picky when deciding on what you want to learn.

Velox is just a regular of these here boards, he goes by Xeylode, and he's the one who discovered it.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Velox is a jerk because he doesn't come to any mn tourneys like he should.

Also, I helped make this guide. GET@ME

Underload

Lazy
Added a new entry for section 3, the sliding spotdodge.

ALSO BIG UPDATE OMG!

Every technique now has a number next to it, 1-5. This dictates how much emphasis you should have on learning it if you're picking up Snake. For example, the DACUS has a 5, so you need to learn it, like, NOW. The Velox Drop has a 1, so it's cute, but you should probably keep your priorities elsewhere.

ANOTHER THING OMG
I want to start adding relevant links to more stuff new Snakes can learn. So, I'll gather a couple myself, but I'd really like if you find more for me to use. Stuff like Sinz's edgeguarding guide and the "How to cook pineapples" thread are what I'm keeping an eye out for.

You'll get credit for helping if you do it! :0

Man my grenade thread didn't go that well :/

Oh well! I'm gonna keep finding random techs

Eduardomsc

Smash Rookie
awesome guide you've got there, Underload. having a compendium of Snake's techniques is as convenient as any Snake user could ask for, IMO.

Am I correct to assume you're going to list every known Snake technique in this guide ?

Blobby

Smash Cadet
Lol. In the waiting room I thought about this guide and DACUS and surprisingly I learned it. Really useful.

Underload

Lazy
Glad to be of service, Blobby.

And Eduardomsc, I'll update this whenever I see something useful, but I doubt I'll ever have everything detailed in this database.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am getting my wii on tuesday :D so i should be able to record all of these in a bit.

Limeee

Smash Champion
my record is 6 velox snake drop thingys in a row on BF

too sick of an AT, should've practiced it sooner
i'm making a promise right now i'm gonna be the first snake to add this to my game

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
My wii is ready, I will be recording all of these later this weekend :)

napZzz

Smash Hero
...Is it safe to say this guide is finished? I reeeeeeally think it's still missing some things.
well, if you dont have it already or have done something about it (cant remember and too lazy to check) there should be a situational section with stuff like the "weird platform cancel" in that thread that was just created, among with a few very situational things, just so people can know. You cant leave them out just because they aren't useful, its a guide for EVERY tech snake has.

....But i'll feel dumb if thats already there xD

Also, technically the guide is NEVER going to be finished for the most part because over the course of time people will continue to come up with new things that might apply to snake or snake only techs. Just leave that in the OP and say in the title that the guide is done, so when people read it they will know that you never know when its gonna be updated with new stuff.

Top Bottom