• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tech video -midterms done, i can anwser questoins now! thanks to mathos for helping!!

viperboy_74

Smash Master
i actually prefer illusioning to the top of the stage, not back into the ledge.
i just think it's safer.

your way is sexier and some people do find it more useful, i just prefer the top of the stage :)

so it's really hard to get these L buttons on here, just for the record, lol...

Cort

Apple Head
Yeah, and if some Peaches are silly enough to dsmash Falco you can illusion the ledge and dair them before their dsmash is over, lol.

It's situational, but you don't want to be edge gaurded again after a wall tech jump...

Ryu777

Smash Ace
I used to have real trouble with this (teching) but now I'm decent (I teched marth F-smash three times in a row then he whiffed and I was saved, it felt so good) and there are two big questions. 1) I can tech but I cant do the wall jump tech, how do you do it, and are there any varitaions of how to do it so i can see which way I like beter? 2) you were teching the peach for so long and you're damage got **** high, were you using just the control stick to DI to the ledge to tech it or were you you using some sort of crazy DI? if so, how'd yuou do it? Thanks in advance.

sinfallen

Smash Apprentice
i finally got it but somehow i cant recover i think im doing it too late but anyways i think i will put a video later today of my falco and my friends fox

Smash Cadet
Sorry, i dont feel like reading every post, but that looks a lot like wall jumping... but then again it also looks like wall techs at amazing speed... Maybe making this more of a tutorial so people dont just get to watch, they can be taugh too, would help? Cause i dunno how you did it.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
hahah, this was entertaining :) I loved the parts where you fall off the stage just to ledge tech again lol

PudgeSX

Smash Cadet
i think im pretty good at teching, but some of those are just daaaaaaayyyyummm, multiple shine spikes to techs? (i always try but i fail) fully charged samus blast and mario cape?! wtf?!

i never thought you could tech some of those...

you really cant teach someone how to tech tho, you just have to feel it. i try to help my friends get good at it but it just doesnt seem to click with them as much as it does for me. all i can say is to try to be as close to the side of the stage when recovering and to DI towards the stage as well when being spiked or smashed to increase your odds of teching that ish.

teching is not only frustrating to the opponent, its so d*mn sexy..

Lorcl678

Smash Apprentice
Just a curiosity, but if a person can always tech the yellow boxes in BtT, does that mean you can tech most edge guarding attacks (marth's f-smash, falco's d-smash, etc.), too?

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Yep. Bombsoldier does it in one match against Ken where Ken uses F-smash to edgeguard. I assume it would work the same with Falco's D-smash, seeing as it works for every other attack with a hitbox below/on the edge.

mathos

Smash Champion
You can tech nearly any move in the game. There are few that need a high percentage to be techable, but nearly all smashes are techable.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
are you just going to tell us when the L-presses because at higher damages I have no idea how you tech, i just cant get close enough to the stage.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
sorry for the delay on this reply, i've been out of town.... midterms are over so i can type in the thread more often... ask away guys!

I used to have real trouble with this (teching) but now I'm decent (I teched marth F-smash three times in a row then he whiffed and I was saved, it felt so good) and there are two big questions. 1) I can tech but I cant do the wall jump tech, how do you do it, and are there any varitaions of how to do it so i can see which way I like beter? 2) you were teching the peach for so long and you're damage got **** high, were you using just the control stick to DI to the ledge to tech it or were you you using some sort of crazy DI? if so, how'd yuou do it? Thanks in advance.
- nice work man... it's hard just getting the hang of it, really.
1 - to do the walljump, just hold an angle as you do it. i'm pretty sure any angle works, but i prefer to use a perpendicular angle to the edge... i just kind of slide the joystick towards to wall as im holding L. in a tourney match i walljump EVERYTHING after i tech it, except fox's shine while standing on the side.
2 - i still kept using the edgetech. i find it more useful that waljumps usually. the higher percent you get to, the harder it is to tech and you might have to wait a bit longer before pressing L... keep tryin man and feel free to ask more questions.

i finally got it but somehow i cant recover i think im doing it too late but anyways i think i will put a video later today of my falco and my friends fox
in a tourney, i start pressing over B DIRECTLY after i hear the tech sound. i just assume i'm going to tech it and start pressing it. that way, i either illusion to the side or onto the level quickly enough that i don't get hit and whoever was edgegaurding me doesn't have time to hit me again... try that out man.

Sorry, i dont feel like reading every post, but that looks a lot like wall jumping... but then again it also looks like wall techs at amazing speed... Maybe making this more of a tutorial so people dont just get to watch, they can be taugh too, would help? Cause i dunno how you did it.
these are all techs man, no walljumps here, lol... all it is, is pressing the L button right as you're hitting the level.

hahah, this was entertaining :) I loved the parts where you fall off the stage just to ledge tech again lol
lol, thanks :)

Just a curiosity, but if a person can always tech the yellow boxes in BtT, does that mean you can tech most edge guarding attacks (marth's f-smash, falco's d-smash, etc.), too?
yeah, ALMOST any attack can be teched, especially on FD... i can only think of a very select few that cant, and most of those won't kill you (ie link's arrows)

are you just going to tell us when the L-presses because at higher damages I have no idea how you tech, i just cant get close enough to the stage.
yeah, i have plans on re-doing the video with the L button on the screen... it's just really hard to get that on there with the right timing. i'm workin on it :)

Ryu777

Smash Ace
OH, so ur just pressing the L-button appropriately, ur not DI'ing towards the stage, cause I was told you have to DI the hit and press L at the right time. If its just proper timing of the L-button than I feel a little less daunted :p

viperboy_74

Smash Master
you only have to DI if you have really low percents. it's really hard to tech under 40%...

if ur that low, try to smash DI towards the stage and then tech.

the only other reason i hold an angle is to jump after teching.

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
Nice vid viperboy

It was funny, yesterday I was playing and my friend (CF) accidentally raptor boosted while I was firebirding up and I edgeteched it

mog87

Smash Ace
does letting go of L really make a difference? Cause when I test with ganon and motion sensor bombs I usually hold L down the hold time and then smash toward the stage right before i hit the bomb? So does letting go of L really matter, or am I naturally releasing L w/o realizing?

COMMOFDOOM

Smash Apprentice
didn't know you could tech the cape. what is the timing for that?

all this and the shl record? viperboy for #1!

viperboy_74

Smash Master
in production now, thanks to a kid named omniswell. he is re-doing the video as a project for school.

i gave him the times i want stuff on the screen, along with the knowledge how to tech.... that and with his video editing skills, the new vid should be done by mid december at the latest.

:)

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
OMFG!....did anyone see that, he only did it once but yet in-still he teched the cape while in a fast falco or whatever.....THAT is beyond hard. Explain how you did it.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Ive been seeing the vid and It is amazingly good. Yet I always think to my self,

"After he gets back onto the stage, he's ****ed"

Are there any mindgames that you can impliment besides having your friends beat up the other player to keep you from teching a billion times wich are basically like free hits?

viperboy_74

Smash Master
OMFG!....did anyone see that, he only did it once but yet in-still he teched the cape while in a fast falco or whatever.....THAT is beyond hard. Explain how you did it.
the cape was one of the hardest techs, that and bullit bill. it takes some good practice and it is probably the tech that i miss the most often. you have to hit L at hte perfect time and make 100% sure that you sweet spot the edge exactly.

rokimomi - in actual game play, i usually illusion immediately after teching, that way the opponet doesn't have time to do anything and i make it to the ground safely, followed by running away and shooting lasers.. lol...

to do that, i hold away from the ledge while teching. i assume i will hit the tech so as soon and i start to see the animation or hear the sound, i immediately start pressing over and B to do the illusion. you can do it quickly enough that you can catch the edge.

spKz - honestly, if i do that, i don't even know it, lol... i just hold away from the ledge, usually perpindicular.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
How in god's name?!I want to do that.ALL OF IT!I might get shunned for this but can Sheik do all these aswell?

I do play Falco aswell by the way.He's up there with Sheik,Marth and Pika for my mains.

I know how to tech off walls and the level itself but edge teching is the king of techs.(also alot harder)

COMMOFDOOM

Smash Apprentice
so it's the letting go that triggers the tech not the pressing?
half presses work right?

pretty soon viperboy will perfect shield everything. hah!

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Everyone can wall tech. It will likely be a different timing though.
Im king of the wall tech with CF... any challenges?....didnt think so... ^_^' but on subject yes the timings are different...caus eI used to play Ganon...couldnt wall tech...mabey evrey now in then(5% of the time), switched to CF, and I wall tech everything, (bout 75-85% of the time)...except the cap and shine(fox)....there freakin impossible. Although everyone around me could have sworn I teched the cape with CF one time...cause after being hit, CF walled jump....so whatever mabey....

Abulize

Smash Journeyman
so it's the letting go that triggers the tech not the pressing?
half presses work right?

pretty soon viperboy will perfect shield everything. hah!
I usually just hold the analog stick up and towards the stage and hit and release R just before I hit the stage but I've only teched on stages and not actual walls. I don't think releasing it has anything to do with it but I could be wrong. That's what my friends told me. Hopefully this video comes out soon so there won't be anymore confusion.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
Im king of the wall tech with CF... any challenges?....didnt think so... ^_^' but on subject yes the timings are different...caus eI used to play Ganon...couldnt wall tech...mabey evrey now in then(5% of the time), switched to CF, and I wall tech everything, (bout 75-85% of the time)...except the cap and shine(fox)....there freakin impossible. Although everyone around me could have sworn I teched the cape with CF one time...cause after being hit, CF walled jump....so whatever mabey....

CF is like my secondary or third(ary?) character (him and fox, of course)... :) i'll take that challenge, sir...

yeah, the vid should be re-released within a week from today

Nurok

Smash Lord
Thanks to viperboys new tech video, I can tech any hit in the world!
No but seriously. This vid really upped my tech skills. I could tech like all the dsmashes and fsmashes and tilts and all that, but now i can tedch all the harder hits to tech. Thanks viperboy
-edun

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
in production now, thanks to a kid named omniswell. he is re-doing the video as a project for school.

i gave him the times i want stuff on the screen, along with the knowledge how to tech.... that and with his video editing skills, the new vid should be done by mid december at the latest.

:)
ty for the props sir :) as soon as i get the footage edited ill upload it on youtube and post the link in here. id say as soon as i get the footage ill have hte video done in 2 days. the latest it should be done is dec 30th

mathos

Smash Champion
Nope. Its just the natural feeling for most. Now I'm sure after this post tons of R-techlings will come out. But regardless they both produce the same results.

Mr.C

Smash Master
all you do to edge tech is push r or l, lol

if your holding up while you tech you wall jump....

also to the person who made this vid when you walljump edge tech insted of waiting to do your illusion like you where doing, do it instantly

so it looks like tech +illusion = you instantly grab edge

so the other person doesnt have enough time to hit u again.

Top Bottom