• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tech video -midterms done, i can anwser questoins now! thanks to mathos for helping!!

viperboy_74

Smash Master
sorry for the delay on this reply, i've been out of town.... midterms are over so i can type in the thread more often... ask away guys!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ANWSERING QUESTIONS UNTIL NOW, SPECIAL THANKS TO MATHOS! THANKS AGAIN BUD, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

i've had lots of questions from people about certain techs...

so i made this video - just a montage of about 35 different falco techs

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1974622126045692811&hl=en

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't know Viperboy, I don't have trouble teching. Lol.

We never got to play, you have to come to INN V since you guys didn't come to INN IV.

booshk

Smash Lord
it would be extremely h elpful if u did the fingers for edgeteching because out of like 50 times i got none.

mathos

Smash Champion
I think a lot of people would benefit from a video of that Vip. You could put some crazy techs in there, personally I think you should put some of the most common Falco killers and then some crazy *** wtf tech that no one sees coming.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
yeah that would be pretty cool

tbh, i dont think its the timings thats important, its the fact people fail to smash DI towards the edge alot of the time.

but yeah, lots of random survival techs would be cool.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
what ya mean tech video, just a montage of techs or on how to tech?

viperboy_74

Smash Master
video was finished and everything last night...

should have the link up tonight, i had to get it compressed before youtube would accept it.

it's about 2:40 long.

i didn't put the L on the screen, it's just a collaboration about about 35 different techs.

iif anyone has questions about it, let me know

lol a few of these i didn't even know i could tech!

lol

viperboy_74

Smash Master
lol i'm prett much impossible to shine spike cuz i always DI to the inside before i start my firebird... i don't wanna say completley impossible cuz it has been done... especially when a fox gets risky and jump way the hell out there for me...

ah, i love fox...

Questor96

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Very nice vid sir. I think I shall learn to tech like you, edge/wall teching is my weakness right now.

Last one is very very nice.

kidprecision

Smash Apprentice
So how do you tech like that? That is extremely useful. Do you know how pissed my friends would be if i showed up and they couldnt kill me? When someone hit you with something and you were supposed to go flying, all you did was turn the other way. I'd love to know how to do that.

Rock Lobsta

Smash Journeyman
yup, its tricky!

just go to fox or falcos BtT and practice there. Teching is reeeeally easy once you spend about 45 mins on it. For fox BtT, just go over to the big boxes via drop down to the left, di right jump and illusion (or use the small box)

then just FF or illusion into the big box. Press L to just stop yourself and drop or press l and up or away, dont remember, to jump.

(btw, add the l button into your video, although itll be harder to put it in the video rather than recording your hand during the gameplay.

Rock Lobsta

Smash Journeyman
at the same time i guess. you can press up before you get hit and i think you can hold l, just let it go when yo get hit. I prefer to press it though.

mathos

Smash Champion
It'll will technically be at different times. Because you have to release L before the hit is actually taking place, and DI in the air can only be done (or registered) as the hit is happening.

mathos

Smash Champion
You should hold L prior to being hit. Frames before being hit you should let go.

You cannot DI always you are actually hit. So to the game if the person misses you're just holding a direction. DI will only happen if you get hit. So the game cannot registered a Direction Influence until you get hit. So DI'ing is as you are getting hit.

Hope that helps :)

kidprecision

Smash Apprentice
So just to clear this up, when you are trying to get back on to the stage and you up-b or side-b, you hold the L or R button. then right before you get hit, you let go and then you DI in whichever direction you want to go. is this right?

mathos

Smash Champion
Up and against technically. Because its a diagonal angle its will influence the angle of trajectory more.

kidprecision

Smash Apprentice
yup, its tricky!

just go to fox or falcos BtT and practice there. Teching is reeeeally easy once you spend about 45 mins on it. For fox BtT, just go over to the big boxes via drop down to the left, di right jump and illusion (or use the small box)

then just FF or illusion into the big box. Press L to just stop yourself and drop or press l and up or away, dont remember, to jump.

(btw, add the l button into your video, although itll be harder to put it in the video rather than recording your hand during the gameplay.

what is BtT?

kidprecision

Smash Apprentice
yup, its tricky!

wow that helped me alot. im doing it right now. it looks sweet!

Cort

Apple Head
I'm sad you don't show examples of instantly illusioning the ledge after techs. It's quite useful.

Top Bottom