• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
if she was as popularly requested as people say she was, she'd have a mii costume like Geno and King K Rool. Just saying.
I think the thing that should be addressed was that Starfox's Smash 4 treatment was Orbital Gate, which took a whole damn year to make, It stands to reason that after that they felt like Star Fox got enough attention, especially since the series was on hiatus it hardly deserved a newcomer, and Wolf was a very last minute clone that, hard to believe now, had pretty poor initial reception. So rather than waste time on giving them anything else they simply didn't get him any attention, I mean Wolf scored only a bit under Lucas in Japan's popularity poll, and we didn't even get a Wolf outfit either, being a mii costume only means they have some kind of popularity, I mean hell after that we got a Black Knight mii costume, the Black Knight is certainly not very requested. In fact sakurai has come out and said that Mii Fighters were added because of the concept that anyone can join the fight as them because there are characters that they can't add, and while we did get the inklings, that's not necessarily something that's a guaranteed benefit, it may mean they couldn't get their hands on the character, I mean Sakurai came out and tried for Geno but it didn't work out, so we only got the Mii Gunner outfit, her popularity really only suffered in 2016, after her fanbase **** themselves over Zero, which hardly matters for her official perceived popularity because the roster was likely being constructed soon after the ballot ended, where Krystal's popularity was still strong as it had been. Again she's no Ridley, but to neglect her popularity because of the recent drought is largely irrelevant to her place as a desired smash newcomer. Her not getting a Mii fighter outfit can be due to a several different reasons, In fact if she got one, I'd be far more concerned of her inclusion chances. I await my judgment based on SF grand prix on how nintendo feels about her, I stand fairly confident that she'll be in it, this will give her a good fighting chance for this smash's DLC cycle because It's hard for me to believe that Sakurai had any information on Grand Prix existence, which could mean, and probably does mean no Krystal in the base roster, though the chance still remains.

JV_Nerdson

Smash Cadet
So the Ubisoft E3 Press Conference just happened and it looks like the Star Fox team will be making an appearance in one of their upcoming titles (Star Link: Battle for Atlantis). This genuinely has me intrigued as to where the franchise currently stands. Is this the actual product the GP rumour was talking about? Does it hint towards a new title being shown off this year as it shows Nintendo are still very interested in doing stuff with the franchise. My only concern from this trailer was that based on Fox's dialogue at the end of the trailer, it sounds like it may just be including the 64 crew and may possibly be leaving Krystal out which would be a shame given how her inclusion could hint towards making a return to the series, as well as potentially making her a bit more likely for a Smash appearance.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Above all else, it's confirmed that Zero didn't kill the franchise.

Now for the particular part of the continuity where the subject of this thread lives...

(My wallet is gonna kill me... if I don't kill it first.)

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Above all else, it's confirmed that Zero didn't kill the franchise.

Now for the particular part of the continuity where the subject of this thread lives...

(My wallet is gonna kill me... if I don't kill it first.)
I posted on starlink's twitter asking about Krystal, if sweeto is paying attention we should see if he can't get a response either. Nintendo is pretty focused on Star Fox right now it would seem, I pray that it will assist us. https://twitter.com/StarlinkGame/status/1006280589513654272 there's the support twitter tweet I sent out, hit it up with some likes n ****.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I jumped out of my chair when I heard the classic Star Fox comms over the static. Starlink went from a game I was curious about, to a game I may just get the collector's edition of. I sincerely hope that this is a sign of good things to come for the series!

Here's the trailer, for those who may not have seen it.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
All I know is that the main protags are in for a huge bill. Star Fox doesn't do it for free!

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I caught that but it explained nothing about the game. What is "Star Link"?
Based off what I've heard, it's an open-world plot-driven game with a cast of characters. Fox is available from the beginning, and apparently you can play as him through the whole game.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Which is why guys like Ridley, Dixie, Issac, etc totally got Mii Costumes as well.

By that logic, Lloyd, Knuckles, and Chocobo must be shoe-ins for Switch.

Never said she was Ridley/K. Rool tier, but she does have a fair amount of supporters.
now you're just putting words in my mouth. When did i say all Mii costumes were shoo-ins? or that ALL of them were highly requested?

obviously King K Rool and Geno's costumes were the few of the bunch that absolutely had to do with their character request. These characters are definitely not supported by Nintendo at all (Geno due to being 3rd party, and K Rool because they never put in him any games lately)

Oh, hey Party Pooper. Long time no see, how've you been?

Question though on this hypothetical scenario, if Krystal had been a costume would she have been gunner or swordfighter?
do i know you?

and she would be a gunner.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
now you're just putting words in my mouth. When did i say all Mii costumes were shoo-ins? or that ALL of them were highly requested?

obviously King K Rool and Geno's costumes were the few of the bunch that absolutely had to do with their character request. These characters are definitely not supported by Nintendo at all (Geno due to being 3rd party, and K Rool because they never put in him any games lately)

Wow, you’re the second person today who assumed I putted words in their mouth when I clearly didn’t, it was that you acted as if you needed a Mii Costume to matter, not that you said it.

I know Krystal isn’t likely at this point, I just still know there are people out there who still want her, just not in extreme demand.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I jumped out of my chair when I heard the classic Star Fox comms over the static. Starlink went from a game I was curious about, to a game I may just get the collector's edition of. I sincerely hope that this is a sign of good things to come for the series!

Here's the trailer, for those who may not have seen it.

The train isn't over, Vergeben's most confident source just had another of his rumors proved, in a message he talked about a Jump Force trailer, Just Cause 4 and Starfox Grand Prix, Just cause 4 was just dropped, It looks like we're gonna see it. I keep saying this gonna get intense but it keeps gaining with no intention of stopping. This could be a good year. Starlink itself looks pretty cool, I don't think it's a boon for Krystal fans directly, but If we screech at them enough maybe we'll get her starlink aswell lol.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Don't mind me, just taking a seat as part of this audience. Just low key gonna sit back and watch with this crowd cuz old times, amirite? Doesn't even feel that long ago that some of us were in a very similar place pre-Smash 4.

Tempered expectations here, but I always leave a little place in my heart for hope. It's more fun that way. If you're always super cynical, you're just depriving yourself of joy, heh.

Also, hi peeps! Hope you all have been good... and by that I also mean well behaved~

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
This smash brothers looks incredible, but they have been lax on character announcements, sure sakurai said "i hope you aren't expecting too many newcomers" Bill did say https://nintendoeverything.com/bill...whether-switch-game-is-a-new-title-or-a-port/ and I believe we'll still see more announcements during the treehouse event. I'm not ready to throw out Grand Prix just yet, there's little reason for them to put SF in starlink and not have a game lined up. And with how particular they are about their newcomers this time, we'll need every advantage we can get. We'll have more characters announced up till december, then perhaps we'll even see DLC.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I was mostly pleased with the results of this reveal. So much was blown out at this conference, it leaves to door wide open for all new content releases up to the game's release. Unlike past years where we were waiting for an update to reveal a character we were already expecting like Captain Falcon to return, all that's left to reveal before release is essentially new content... and then of course you can expect DLC additionally. How much of that will be new characters, idk.

Seeing as I'm posting in this thread, naturally I'd like to see Krystal but I'm already pretty content that we got all this and there's likely more to come, whatever it is. Like I said, the door is wide open.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Since Snake is coming back, and everyone thought his return was extremely unlikely, that does bode very well for our favorite blue vixen
those two thought lines are completely unconnected, We'll need to wait and see which other newcomers we get. Snake returned because of the concept of getting EVERYONE back, they want to fuse the existing smash brothers communities to converge on ultimate because they're going to push it in the esports scene. We've got more waiting to do! AUGH lmao

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Well, at least she got represented in the game. Bummed she's not a fighter, but I'm not too heartbroken that she's an assist.

My sympathies for those who really wanted her playable though. Best wishes to you all

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'd take an AT over nothing, tbf... not the ideal outcome obviously, but better than nothing. It's an upgrade at least. She's never had a full model animated in any Smash game. Future mods would probably be easy, lol.

Sorry for everyone that was way more bought in on her inclusion though. I understand the pain. It's just a dull thing for me after like a decade, heh.

I long since gave up on Ridley who was my first great desire back before Melee... but that happened. Maybe Krystal will surprise us someday.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Damn, atleast she’s in some way, dunno why she’s in her Adventures tribe outfit instead of her proper suit but whatever.

I wanted her, but her chances were pretty low to begin so meh.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Although I'm sad to see Krystal has become an Assist Trophy, it's at least better than nothing. One step closer to playable, if you ask me.

Maybe next time, we'll see her pull through as playable.

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
guess it's all in the hands of modders now, At least what we got was better then nothing.. I guess.
oh well, no use in crying over it now

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Hold up now. After watching the clip several times something feels off, but I can’t put my finger on it. The fact that Krystal is bouncing on her feet suggests otherwise and what if that was one of her costumes to choose from? I know I’m grasping at straws here, but we really can’t say she is an assist trophy yet because we haven’t legitimately seen her materialize from the assist trophy item in the game.

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
Hold up now. After watching the clip several times something feels off, but I can’t put my finger on it. The fact that Krystal is bouncing on her feet suggests otherwise and what if that was one of her costumes to choose from? I know I’m grasping at straws here, but we really can’t say she is an assist trophy yet because we haven’t legitimately seen her materialize from the assist trophy item in the game.
As correct as you are, they would have announced her as playable during the presentation if she was, no way something like that coulda made it in by mistake.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
i was in the middle of typing this exact sentiment as you posted! like you said it does seem like a bit of a reach, but it's something to hope for. and even if not, the fact that she even got that much is a good sign that they haven't forgotten her. if nothing else, it's hope for smash 6!

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
As correct as you are, they would have announced her as playable during the presentation if she was, no way something like that coulda made it in by mistake.
True, but there could be more that is going to be revealed as E3 goes on.

Top Bottom