• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Never mind the Direct if there is one - just be sure to stay safe!
I should be fine, our house was made in 06 is on a concrete block, and is two-stories, can escape the flood upstairs or the wind by going downstairs. I'm making sure my krystal products survive the hurricane aswell lol. We live in Land O Lakes which should be far enough from the shore. We'll see what happens. Keep the thread going for me if anything happens lol.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I should be fine, our house was made in 06 is on a concrete block, and is two-stories, can escape the flood upstairs or the wind by going downstairs. I'm making sure my krystal products survive the hurricane aswell lol. We live in Land O Lakes which should be far enough from the shore. We'll see what happens.
Well, that's good to know. Still, I hope everything turns out alright, all the same.

Keep the thread going for me if anything happens lol.
I'll do my best. :laugh:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's good to know. Still, I hope everything turns out alright, all the same.

I'll do my best. :laugh:
Well Irma was a joke for Land O Lakes, didn't even lose power. But that direct rumor is not, 45 minute direct for both 3DS and Switch news, with something so long there's got to be atleast something for me lol.

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Well Irma was a joke for Land O Lakes, didn't even lose power. But that direct rumor is not, 45 minute direct for both 3DS and Switch news, with something so long there's got to be atleast something for me lol.
Well it seems that YouTube has autotagged the direct on Thursday with "smash brothers for Wii U and 3ds". So hopefully that means something for us. Maybe a port? I'd rather have a new game myself tbh, bigger chance for Krystal to make it in. Either way I look forward to the smash announcement if it does happen.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Well it seems that YouTube has autotagged the direct on Thursday with "smash brothers for Wii U and 3ds". So hopefully that means something for us. Maybe a port? I'd rather have a new game myself tbh, bigger chance for Krystal to make it in. Either way I look forward to the smash announcement if it does happen.
Don't forget that image from the general thread
https://smashboards.com/attachments/horror-jpg.132580/

Would be hilarious if it were true but I wouldn't expect anything. The direct is said to be out things out in a few months. This proposed roster seems to have a few japan-only characters which would be amusing. And it's odd to try Meat Boy before shovel knight or shantae. But we don't have long to see this whole thing disproved.

...inb4 everything is right

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The direct is said to be out things out in a few months.
It's said to be mainly about games being released over the next few months, to be fair to it. This instantly reminded me of the "mainly" Splatoon 2 and ARMS Direct earlier in the year, where they then proceeded to cover at least a dozen or more other games. :laugh:

I'd say it's a given that they're going to show at least some titles that are a bit further out.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Pretty sure Smash Switch is confirmed to be Smash 6 so SSBV makes zero sense.
Correct! Bandai-Namco's job-listing from April of 2014* referred to the project as "Smash 6", and it was stated in a later interview that Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are considered to be the fourth and fifth installments, thus explaining why the job-listing is for the sixth.

*This is another point against that rumour, as the job-listing strongly suggests that the game certainly hasn't just begun development.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
And my search for a game to get for the switch continues. I have a lot of maybe's but none of I have to have this. It also looks like we'll have to wait till 2018 for a SF or Smash announcement which makes sense to me. Development of a SF title would be not very far along and they're just withholding smash until it's finished I'd imagine. Part of why I just decided to get a switch now. I also saw that there was a poll on the Switch Reddit to see what the community wanted which showed up again. SF was a bit low at number 60 though it was out of 317 titles. Of course it's a first-party IP so I don't know if it mattered if it was low.

Oh I'm not sure if i should do this but the Krystal Archive has a discord channel now, you can find the link on the website, the host is also looking to preserve Krystal miiverse posts and created a tool to help out. I'm not sure if every krystal fan here browses the archive so I figured I'd tell this thread aswell.

EDIT: wait what? there's also "Starfox Adventures" listed at 82

Last edited:

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
And my search for a game to get for the switch continues. I have a lot of maybe's but none of I have to have this. It also looks like we'll have to wait till 2018 for a SF or Smash announcement which makes sense to me. Development of a SF title would be not very far along and they're just withholding smash until it's finished I'd imagine. Part of why I just decided to get a switch now. I also saw that there was a poll on the Switch Reddit to see what the community wanted which showed up again. SF was a bit low at number 60 though it was out of 317 titles. Of course it's a first-party IP so I don't know if it mattered if it was low.

Oh I'm not sure if i should do this but the Krystal Archive has a discord channel now, you can find the link on the website, the host is also looking to preserve Krystal miiverse posts and created a tool to help out. I'm not sure if every krystal fan here browses the archive so I figured I'd tell this thread aswell.

EDIT: wait what? there's also "Starfox Adventures" listed at 82
I'm also a bit disappointed in the direct, but hey I'm sure something new will be announced soon. They're running out of titles that we already know about because they've been coming out.

That poll is very interesting... an interesting note here, if you combine the total votes between the two star fox games you get star fox in the top 30 of that poll as well. I'm just surprised star fox adventure was even mentioned on that poll as a switch unannounced title. That is a good sign though, imho.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
If nothing else, the direct was good for Nintendo. The Switch has got a really dense release schedule which isn't something we've seen much of for some time. A lot is Nintendo stuff of course, which is promising and cool, but we're seeing more third party support too now. Bodes well for the health of the system and the likelihood we'll see more than just their usual fare. At this point, Star Fox is a B to B- tier franchise to them most likely, even with it's historical cache. And a healthy system means less risk aversion, so they're more likely to actually earnestly explore these franchises.

Course, with sales and relevance and reviews in mind... Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda are the top tier franchises. And Smash probably qualifies for being essentially a super popular Nintendo mashup. That's pretty clear. But with Star Fox's recent mixed review game and general lack of activity otherwise, you can make a claim that most Mario spinoffs, Metroid, and Fire Emblem are stronger franchises currently with Kirby, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong just being more consistently good and consistently produced in the last decade. Then stuff like Kid Icarus being on a resurgence that's likely to be revisited again. So yeah, it's no secret that Star Fox has ground to make up. It's something I feel has always been capable of being close to Metroid tier for Nintendo, which is like 4/5th best franchise... but to get that chance again they need a console willing to take chances again and Switch is lining up to be a good chance.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If nothing else, the direct was good for Nintendo. The Switch has got a really dense release schedule which isn't something we've seen much of for some time. A lot is Nintendo stuff of course, which is promising and cool, but we're seeing more third party support too now. Bodes well for the health of the system and the likelihood we'll see more than just their usual fare. At this point, Star Fox is a B to B- tier franchise to them most likely, even with it's historical cache. And a healthy system means less risk aversion, so they're more likely to actually earnestly explore these franchises.

Course, with sales and relevance and reviews in mind... Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda are the top tier franchises. And Smash probably qualifies for being essentially a super popular Nintendo mashup. That's pretty clear. But with Star Fox's recent mixed review game and general lack of activity otherwise, you can make a claim that most Mario spinoffs, Metroid, and Fire Emblem are stronger franchises currently with Kirby, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong just being more consistently good and consistently produced in the last decade. Then stuff like Kid Icarus being on a resurgence that's likely to be revisited again. So yeah, it's no secret that Star Fox has ground to make up. It's something I feel has always been capable of being close to Metroid tier for Nintendo, which is like 4/5th best franchise... but to get that chance again they need a console willing to take chances again and Switch is lining up to be a good chance.
Honestly, Star Fox Switch should be fully developed by PlatinumGames, as honestly, Platinum would do better than Miyamoto, who should only be an advisor

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I certainly have to agree, I feel like Starfox is miyamoto's scraps section of his creative repertoire, things are unfinished and highly experimental. The series struggles to find it's spot because it's not really taken seriously. It's also hard for there to be a big fanbase because we can detect that by simply playing the game so it self propagates not really a good reason to continue because there's no fanbase but there's no fanbase because there's little to play. But if we're lucky he intends to fix that based on that previous statement we've all heard.
2017 was the year of metroid, maybe 2018 will have starfox?

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I do not know, but I still stand by Star Fox needing a major change. Even if it became something of a third person action game, that would most likely do better than what it originally way. If it had to contain it, I guess that's alright but i'm saying as Kid Icarus Uprising makes it clear is it should just do what Assault did more over what it did 20-27 years ago.

On a different note since it was mentioned, there's a discord by that Krystal Archive place. The more supporters there is the better. No idea what the odds are of Sweeto jumping in.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Even if it became something of a third person action game, that would most likely do better than what it originally way.
I've been into the Star Fox series since it began, and I'd have to give up on it if it became something completely different, because then it simply wouldn't be Star Fox anymore - personally, I don't enjoy third-person games of that sort, for the most part, as I find that they become very chore-like very quickly (I hated Super Mario 64, for example, and a lot of third-person games still take cues from it), but I do enjoy the core of what Star Fox is supposed to be.

Like it or not, Star Fox's roots are in spacecraft flight and combat - it's a series that was, in part, clearly inspired by Star Wars, and when you take space stuff out of Star Wars, you get The Phantom Menace. :laugh:

If it had to contain it, I guess that's alright but i'm saying as Kid Icarus Uprising makes it clear is it should just do what Assault did more over what it did 20-27 years ago.
I agree, Assault is definitely the route to follow, for absolutely certain. That was a good evolution for the series, before they suddenly stopped letting it evolve at all (which was a terrible idea).

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I've been into the Star Fox series since it began, and I'd have to give up on it if it became something completely different, because then it simply wouldn't be Star Fox anymore - personally, I don't enjoy third-person games of that sort, for the most part, as I find that they become very chore-like very quickly (I hated Super Mario 64, for example, and a lot of third-person games still take cues from it), but I do enjoy the core of what Star Fox is supposed to be.

Like it or not, Star Fox's roots are in spacecraft flight and combat - it's a series that was, in part, clearly inspired by Star Wars, and when you take space stuff out of Star Wars, you get The Phantom Menace. :laugh:

I agree, Assault is definitely the route to follow, for absolutely certain. That was a good evolution for the series, before they suddenly stopped letting it evolve at all (which was a terrible idea).
It was actually inspired by some british series that somehow at one point 50 years ago was very popular, but has since became that very thing. A thing of the past, I heard of how the "new" variant is alright but for how long is the question. Consider only the british like it as opposed to well, everyone outside the UK.

Also when digging into it, Miyamoto had some rather selfish hopes when Star Fox debuted in 93. This was not only backed up when he mentioned this very show he watched when he was 10 during E3 2015, but he admitted to hoping the very studio make a series out of it. That and the fact the puppets were made during Zeros premiere.

I'm sorry but the impression i'm getting from this is he doesnt actually care about the quality or wellbeing of Star Fox than it is caring about satisfying your own personal desire.

Other than that as insane as it is to suggest drastically cutting down the vehicles, I do think it would do something to help.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It was actually inspired by some british series that somehow at one point 50 years ago was very popular, but has since became that very thing. A thing of the past, I heard of how the "new" variant is alright but for how long is the question. Consider only the british like it as opposed to well, everyone outside the UK.
You mean Thunderbirds, which was also popular in Japan. Being British myself, I have fond memories of the 1990s re-runs of the series (along with those of Stingray and Captain Scarlet). :grin: I'd imagine that quite a number of Brits my age do - it was a fixture of the TV week during the early 90s, along with re-runs of the Jon Pertwee years of Dr. Who, and the old Tom & Jerry shorts. But I'm going to get off-track with nostalgia, here, if I keep going. :laugh:

Star Fox was also derived from Argonaut Software's earlier Starglider games. But the Star Wars influence is also very clear to see.

EDIT: I should add, there really isn't very much evidence of Thunderbirds in Star Fox, in spite of Miyamoto's statements. :laugh: He had to explain that the way the mouths moved on the Thunderbirds puppets inspired the Star Fox characters' communications-channel animations, even. I never would've realised it if he hadn't, personally.

Other than that as insane as it is to suggest drastically cutting down the vehicles, I do think it would do something to help.
I'm curious as to how that would work, beyond Assault's way of doing things (which I feel was ideal for the series). I mean, the core of everything that Star Fox took inspiration from was pretty vehicle-centric.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I didn't even know Adventures' anniversary was yesterday. Show's what I know lol. It's so close to my birthday.
Reggie mentioned again how nintendo "likes to surprise us" and how they don't really show things till their finished. As we all know, Iwata had a big influence on getting Sakurai to do Smash, so perhaps if it's someone else influencing the creative direction for Smash, we could see more wild character picks. Of course that could be a boon or a bane for us, as Krystal isn't exactly really obscure, but they'll likely still do people with popularity. I was looking at the dates of nintendo directs, it looks like we could get 1 to 2 more directs this year, I doubt we'll see smash this year, but Smash is announced considerably in advance to my knowledge, and I feel like, given the listing, there's only so much longer they'd have to announce it. But it seems like this time the game is even less predictable than before with so many things in question. Still holding out that the vixen will show up again in official media, She should unless the series is shelved. This nintendo seems more interested in fan interest than the past, and I feel like Starfox is standing in the doorway, But aslong as someone in nintendo believes in it, we should keep getting them.

In any case, aslong as people keep talking about her there's hope nintendo knows she's requested, and there's still people who want her. Even if they don't speak up. For some reason people act like she's forgotten because of Zero, which makes little sense to me. Along with the obvious connection to the whole furry community. Her place can't really be taken by any other nintendo character, and possibly several others. Which all things considered is pretty amusing.

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
I didn't even know Adventures' anniversary was yesterday. Show's what I know lol. It's so close to my birthday.
Reggie mentioned again how nintendo "likes to surprise us" and how they don't really show things till their finished. As we all know, Iwata had a big influence on getting Sakurai to do Smash, so perhaps if it's someone else influencing the creative direction for Smash, we could see more wild character picks. Of course that could be a boon or a bane for us, as Krystal isn't exactly really obscure, but they'll likely still do people with popularity.
Hah! Happy birthday to you then and happy anniversary to Star Fox adventures(which I already knew, haha). And yeah I read that interview with Reggie, a lot of rehashed things he says all the time, but it's expected of him at this point. Pretty sure Sakurai has nothing to do with this installment of Smash so it's hard to say the direction that it could take, but I am certain that the longer it takes the more likely that Krystal could become more relevant and more likely to make it into the game, which I am sure all of us would be celebrating. haha

In any case, aslong as people keep talking about her there's hope nintendo knows she's requested, and there's still people who want her. Even if they don't speak up. For some reason people act like she's forgotten because of Zero, which makes little sense to me.
Agreed as long as we still keep our spirits high and maintain our forward momentum we will see her again some day! Yeah a lot of Krystal fans have a defeatist attitude and it doesn't help us at all. Also, her not appearing in Zero didn't really help the situation because that puts her at 11 years not being in a game so I can see how people would feel that way. I actually ran into someone saying that since SF2 came out that it meant that Krystal wasn't canon on gonintendo so I gave the guy a piece of my mind :p. But yeah her position at the moment is precarious, to say the least, and we need to be active now, more than ever.
I don't know about that I liked both assault and adventures and would be sad if they completely ditched the adventures type style of play. As it is currently, there is a huge division between the SF fan-base where about half adamantly want an adventures styled game and the other adamantly want an assault evolution, there's another insignificant fraction that want to keep everything from the beginning and stay the same, but that doesn't matter as zero and the SF 64 remake proved, the point being there is definitely a large basis of people that want both assault and adventures to be a thing. I can do either, granted that we get a decently long game that isn't solely based on the replay-ability. If the new game had a balanced multiplayer though with rankings? then we'd be talkin'. That would be awesome.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I don't know about that I liked both assault and adventures and would be sad if they completely ditched the adventures type style of play.
I thoroughly enjoyed Assault, but unfortunately Adventures really isn't my sort of game, and I didn't enjoy it at all (which makes sense - I didn't enjoy The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, as that's not for me either, and the two are related, gameplay-wise). I know it's a good, well-made game - it's just not for me. :p

I should be clear, I don't think that Star Fox has had that Phantom Menace moment that I was joking about in the post that you quoted. :laugh:

As it is currently, there is a huge division between the SF fan-base where about half adamantly want an adventures styled game and the other adamantly want an assault evolution, there's another insignificant fraction that want to keep everything from the beginning and stay the same, but that doesn't matter as zero and the SF 64 remake proved, the point being there is definitely a large basis of people that want both assault and adventures to be a thing.
I just want a logical evolution that doesn't ditch the series' roots, because when the roots get ditched entirely, it isn't that series anymore - it's become a spin-off. As I've said before, I feel that Assault got that the most-right, and I'd like to see that built upon.

I can do either, granted that we get a decently long game that isn't solely based on the replay-ability.
A thousand times this! Short, insubstantial, challenge-free games based entirely around repeated replaying is one big thing that I never liked about Star Fox 64. The original SNES title was more challenging, and presented a longer experience that wasn't all about replaying the game, I feel - it's something that I felt was good about Assault, too.

If the new game had a balanced multiplayer though with rankings? then we'd be talkin'. That would be awesome.
Oh yes! :grin: If it was even remotely like the multi-player in Assault, I'd love that.

Last edited:

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
I thoroughly enjoyed Assault, but unfortunately Adventures really isn't my sort of game, and I didn't enjoy it at all (which makes sense - I didn't enjoy The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, as that's not for me either, and the two are related, gameplay-wise). I know it's a good, well-made game - it's just not for me. :p

I should be clear, I don't think that Star Fox has had that Phantom Menace moment that I was joking about in the post that you quoted. :laugh:
Morning Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin I figured you didn't really mean anything by it which is why I attempted to stay cool about it(SFA being my favorite zelda game haha). I just felt like something had to be said because to me that felt like an unfair judgment being that the game had such a sad development story, but it seems like I misinterpreted your dislike for the zelda styled games in general as dislike for the title and I apologize for that.
I just want a logical evolution that doesn't ditch the series' roots, because when the roots get ditched entirely, it isn't that series anymore - it's become a spin-off. As I've said before, I feel that Assault got that the most-right, and I'd like to see that built upon.
I feel like the franchise needs the lore building that a game like adventures brought to the table. It doesn't have to stray as far from the roots like adventures did, but we all know that was forced on it so nothing could have been done at the time other than start from scratch entirely, which obviously couldn't be done under the cirumstances. Can it be done differently in the future? sure, adventures wasn't executed the best, but I liked it nonetheless for what it was.
A thousand times this! Short, insubstantial, challenge-free games based entirely around repeated replaying is one big thing that I never liked about Star Fox 64. The original SNES title was more challenging, and presented a longer experience that wasn't all about replaying the game, I feel - it's something that I felt was good about Assault, too.
Yeah... now when I get a game it has to be longer than a few hours to be enjoyable otherwise i'm disappointed when it's over too quickly and turns into a bad game that I happened to enjoy for a few hours(which is what happened with Zero, although that was already doomed to fail being a repeat of other games with no innovation that wasn't just taken from their other games and I won't get into the controls, that's been beaten to death while it was down in this thread with good reason haha).
Just throwing this out there, but with this post Nintendo made, it would be a good idea to show interest in Krystal in this game. A suggestion of mine would to make similar replies to the one that's there.

I dont know if you're still around jordansweeto jordansweeto but what do you think?
Oh cool I will get on my twitter account and retweet your message on there.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Morning Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin I figured you didn't really mean anything by it which is why I attempted to stay cool about it(SFA being my favorite zelda game haha). I just felt like something had to be said because to me that felt like an unfair judgment being that the game had such a sad development story, but it seems like I misinterpreted your dislike for the zelda styled games in general as dislike for the title and I apologize for that.
Hey, no problem. ;)

Unlike what seems to be a lot of people, I'm not going to call a game bad just because I didn't enjoy it - I can differentiate between a well-made game that simply isn't what I enjoy, and a game that actually is bad, after all. :laugh:

I respect and appreciate Star Fox Adventures' place in the series - they did something different under some very bizarre and hectic circumstances, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. The game turned out well, and it rightly has its fans. Hell, I'd even say that maybe they should create another game like it, because there certainly seem to be a number of people who want it (I'm just not sure how widespread the sentiment is). I just don't think that it's the way forward for the entire series, though, as the intent for the series has consistently appeared to be quite different.

Yeah... now when I get a game it has to be longer than a few hours to be enjoyable otherwise i'm disappointed when it's over too quickly and turns into a bad game that I happened to enjoy for a few hours(which is what happened with Zero, although that was already doomed to fail being a repeat of other games with no innovation that wasn't just taken from their other games and I won't get into the controls, that's been beaten to death while it was down in this thread with good reason haha).\
Exactly. There's nothing wrong with a game being designed to be replayed, but that's not an excuse for releasing something insubstantial (and I've felt that for 20 years, while many people seemed to be fine with what Star Fox 64 did) - Assault hits a good middle-ground with this, which is why I find myself looking to it as a good point for the series to evolve from. It's a pretty meaty game that'll take a while to get through, but Namco still designed it to be replayed, and it was fun to do so.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Just throwing this out there, but with this post Nintendo made, it would be a good idea to show interest in Krystal in this game. A suggestion of mine would to make similar replies to the one that's there.

I dont know if you're still around jordansweeto jordansweeto but what do you think?
*sees tweets*

I love this idea. I'm a big MH fan actually. Probably pretty unlikely, although Capcom has been relatively open to Nintendo crossover stuff in the last couple iterations prior to XX which is a Japan only game still atm. Still, I love that people are even mentioning the idea and it's getting attention. It's just the sort of thing that can solidify ideas of post release expansions in any form...

>inb4 Stories gets Fire Emblem DLC~

Last edited:

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
I replied to that tweet! Sorry I have been inactive on here, been very busy lately!

GameXplain have uploaded a video discussing the future of the Star Fox series so I thought I'd let everyone in this thread know in case you all wanted to go leave them your thoughts! It's a good opportunity to have SF fans read our comments and become interested in the opinions we share!
We might even get some interested Krystal fans replying that may end up joining our community :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwvvHYF-aZo&lc=z230wdzbeu2xgnnvbacdp433lokzt2dxkjjvh5qsil1w03c010c

Feel free to go through and upvote/like any Krystal related comments you see too! Helps make them stand out!

Hope you're all well!

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I replied to that tweet! Sorry I have been inactive on here, been very busy lately!

GameXplain have uploaded a video discussing the future of the Star Fox series so I thought I'd let everyone in this thread know in case you all wanted to go leave them your thoughts! It's a good opportunity to have SF fans read our comments and become interested in the opinions we share!
We might even get some interested Krystal fans replying that may end up joining our community :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwvvHYF-aZo&lc=z230wdzbeu2xgnnvbacdp433lokzt2dxkjjvh5qsil1w03c010c

Feel free to go through and upvote/like any Krystal related comments you see too! Helps make them stand out!

Hope you're all well!
I'd say we're well lol, The talk of Star Fox 2 and it's positive reception makes me wonder if they'll lean to the more tactical elements for a new installment, we've considered it in the past and while i'm more interested in the Assault-path, It's hard to tell if they'd revisit it, I suppose this depends on numerous factors. Considering we've gotten 3 games based on ideas from starfox 2 (including itself) I'd feel like that's enough on that concept, but there's a current attitude of nostalgia catering that's hard to deny, we'll have to see if Cuthbert gets a chance to work on this new concept with nintendo to really see about expanding it even further or else if they go somewhere else.

With this I wonder if Miyu and Fay can coexist with Krystal, i feel like this could be done if they reintroduced Krystal in some kind of sequel to Star Fox 2, considering Imamura really only theorized where the next installment would start story-wise, Or else continue to ignore Miyu and Fay, since they could have easily introduced them anyway and haven't done so and return to the 64-story line. They could also reintroduce the characters into the series, as who knows where they consider SF2 in the story of the game, or if that's even something that's mentioned.

Also funny thought, the Starfox team could have 3 males and 3 female active pilots if peppy reprises his role in the Great Fox among the other mentioned concepts.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'd say we're well lol, The talk of Star Fox 2 and it's positive reception makes me wonder if they'll lean to the more tactical elements for a new installment, we've considered it in the past and while i'm more interested in the Assault-path, It's hard to tell if they'd revisit it, I suppose this depends on numerous factors.
For some reason, now I'm thinking of what could happen if they mixed the light strategy stuff from Star Fox 2 and Star Fox Command with the formula built by Assault...

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Nintendo opened up a farewell Miiverse.... topic? With the intention of making a giant collage from some of the posts in the topic. That's the impression I'm getting from the description at least. Don't know how giant "giant" is, but I bet if it's big enough someone like TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr could certainly get something in there. I know it's not a intended to be some ad or something, just a tribute... but with the vast amount of high quality stuff Cdr's produced, he deserves to have something in there and the collage ought to feature some Cdr art in there at least once.

So, what do you say Cdr? Up for the challenge of saying a fitting goodbye?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/6437256809372544018/6437256809372544024

Last edited:

Mama Luigi

Smash Rookie
Krystal has been a hugely popular choice as a newcomer for the Super Smash Bros series for years - as far back as Brawl from what I remember.

With the playable Star Fox characters in Smash all playing pretty similar she would make for an amazing opportunity for Sakurai to introduce a completely new kind of play-style via Krystal and her staff.
As a magical staff wielder and a telepath there is just a lot of potential for a super unique moveset.

Having Krystal involved in Smash Switch would not only make many people who have wanted her included for years happy but I believe it would also breath new life and excitement into the Star Fox series in general as people would be interested in this new kind of Star Fox character and the more ambitious games she was a part of like Star Fox Assault.

Krystal has been highly requested to Sakurai and Nintendo for so many years now - it is important for our voices to stay heard!

Krystal for Smash!

I swear if Sakurai ****s this one up as he ****ed Ganondorf (Because of Captain Falcon clone), Bowser Junior (Because he could have had his paintbrush but NOOO. He needs a clown car), and Dark Pit (Just another Pit), I swear I'm going to spam hate mail to him about her not being unique enough.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I swear if Sakurai ****s this one up as he ****ed Ganondorf (Because of Captain Falcon clone), Bowser Junior (Because he could have had his paintbrush but NOOO. He needs a clown car), and Dark Pit (Just another Pit), I swear I'm going to spam hate mail to him about her not being unique enough.
Let's not.

Spamming hate mail is certainly not going to solve problems (it'll cause them), spamming hate mail would be harassment.

There are better ways of making your voice heard to Sakurai.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I never liked Bowser Jr anyway but yeah, that's not him. That's a moveset for a vehicle.

I understand your premptive rage but it won't help anything so please don't do anything stupid.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo opened up a farewell Miiverse.... topic? With the intention of making a giant collage from some of the posts in the topic. That's the impression I'm getting from the description at least. Don't know how giant "giant" is, but I bet if it's big enough someone like TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr could certainly get something in there. I know it's not a intended to be some ad or something, just a tribute... but with the vast amount of high quality stuff Cdr's produced, he deserves to have something in there and the collage ought to feature some Cdr art in there at least once.

Oh no... more krystal posts for me to sift through.

In any case CDR is infact the best candidate to make a good krystal related post, Hopefully a few others will take that up, though I wonder if there are other active krystal fans on there.

I guess this is the response to everyones cries about miiverse being closed, glad to see NoA still listening. Any place to get the krystal support out is where we should be.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace

I'm gonna need suggestions as I cant think of a good way of how to involve Krystal in that. I do want to make something, just...

Also any added support would be necessary, I may have made a ton of images of her and all, but it's just to show there's more than one person backing her up.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna need suggestions as I cant think of a good way of how to involve Krystal in that. I do want to make something, just...

Also any added support would be necessary, I may have made a ton of images of her and all, but it's just to show there's more than one person backing her up.
It'd be a good concept to have everybody make krystal-related posts, but i think that doesn't particularly matter considering they'll likely just look at the top-rated posts and make a collage out of those, and maybe some random stragglers. We just need one good one that'll get everyone's attention. the other top posts seem to be goodbye posts involving nintendo icons. The top ones don't seem to include lower end icons. Why not try including characters like captain falcon, samus, krystal, geno, etc doing a goodbye aswell, or even the starfox cast.

Top Bottom