• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I'd probably make an image about it but just in case cause i've seen some people outside here act like Star Fox 2 negates what happens after 64.

Star Fox and Star Fox 2, the games on SNES are not really canon due to 64 invalidating them. However due to Star Fox 2 being released, Miyu, Fay, and the one everyone confuses for Andrew are at least salvageable. You could say these two are an alternate universe as one interview mentioned about Zero being a different universe from 64s.

64, Farewell Beloved Falco, Adventures, and Assault are the mainline canon to the series.

Command was part of the mainline but is not canon due to the director confirming neither of the endings were the real one, everyone hated this game anyway.
Zero though a remake of 64 bombed so hard that it's unlikely they'll ever mention it. Many, even those who still act like 64 is the absolute best didnt like it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd probably make an image about it but just in case cause i've seen some people outside here act like Star Fox 2 negates what happens after 64.

Star Fox and Star Fox 2, the games on SNES are not really canon due to 64 invalidating them. However due to Star Fox 2 being released, Miyu, Fay, and the one everyone confuses for Andrew are at least salvageable. You could say these two are an alternate universe as one interview mentioned about Zero being a different universe from 64s.

64, Farewell Beloved Falco, Adventures, and Assault are the mainline canon to the series.

Command was part of the mainline but is not canon due to the director confirming neither of the endings were the real one, everyone hated this game anyway.
Zero though a remake of 64 bombed so hard that it's unlikely they'll ever mention it. Many, even those who still act like 64 is the absolute best didnt like it.
Man Zelda's got nothing on this timeline.

So we've got:
SNES Fox
64 through Assault Fox
Terrible Leader Fox (Command) [14 in fact]
Zero Fox

AUGH!

At least all the Links are different people. It's like Crisis on Infinite Lylats here.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

I just see them as multiple different canons that're in various states of going anywhere, myself. :p

and the one everyone confuses for Andrew
That'd be Algy. ;)

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Would the idea of sending NoA letters be something? I know of the letter that's being sent to Miyamoto aswe speak, but to really be sure they know, would making out letters be a good idea?

I guess i'm a little concerned is why I ask.

Update: I just noticed this, supposedly they're gonna try making more animations?

I dont know if you know anything about it jordansweeto jordansweeto but just in case
Where did you find this anyway? also seems to be a guy reporting a nintendo shareholder's meeting? that's some interesting info being leaked if that's the case. Also NoA can only have so much influence on game creation and I don't even know who to target with a letter there.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Where did you find this anyway? also seems to be a guy reporting a nintendo shareholder's meeting? that's some interesting info being leaked if that's the case. Also NoA can only have so much influence on game creation and I don't even know who to target with a letter there.
I happened to stumble upon a thread that mentioned it and linked it. I'd say exactly where, but with what stupidity i've been seeing there it's not worth it. As for the letter thing, you dont want to try to aim to to anyone specific when it comes to mailing something to NoA. Based on previous instances, they'll say "X cannot answer whatever at this time" and then write down whatever else past that.

I guess what i'm proposing for an idea is similar to what one of the guys here did, send them a package of all support of her. If I had the money I would've sent them this big sign I made long ago during the ballot.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Also NoA can only have so much influence on game creation and I don't even know who to target with a letter there.
As for the letter thing, you dont want to try to aim to to anyone specific when it comes to mailing something to NoA. Based on previous instances, they'll say "X cannot answer whatever at this time" and then write down whatever else past that.
NoA do still have some influence, though. They're actually the origin-point of the way that the entire company manages customer feedback, and they really do direct it to the right people.

You can read a bit of the history about that here (part of this larger memoir of a former employee who implemented the original feedback system, amongst many other things), if you're interested in seeing how it came about and why.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
NoA do still have some influence, though. They're actually the origin-point of the way that the entire company manages customer feedback, and they really do direct it to the right people.

You can read a bit of the history about that here (part of this larger memoir of a former employee who implemented the original feedback system, amongst many other things), if you're interested in seeing how it came about and why.
well that's interesting, I just didn't imagine anyone worth asking relating to Starfox would be in america. Also that shareholders meeting made it onto an article and onto the switch subreddit. Miyamoto seems to be keeping to his Starfox interest, I'd pay for animated Starfox , i've had multiple dreams where there was one only to awake and realize there isn't one.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Hello again! I come bring something amazing. In the old Krystal thread an old member posted a move-set idea to it that a bunch of us really liked.

Well, in this Discord I Moderator that is for a Smash 4 mod pack, a user really liked the textdoc I posted that had the move-set and took to making rough sketch animations for it. With that I give Down, Up and Forward Tilt for Krystal
Rough Krystal Down-Tilt Animation.gif Rough Krystal Forward-Tilt Animation.gif Rough Krystal Up-Tilt Animation.gif

Edit: This is the move-set in case no one remembers it that well
https://pastebin.com/Wd3GNuKR

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Hello again! I come bring something amazing. In the old Krystal thread an old member posted a move-set idea to it that a bunch of us really liked.

Well, in this Discord I Moderator that is for a Smash 4 mod pack, a user really liked the textdoc I posted that had the move-set and took to making rough sketch animations for it. With that I give Down, Up and Forward Tilt for Krystal
View attachment 131131 View attachment 131132 View attachment 131133

Edit: This is the move-set in case no one remembers it that well
https://pastebin.com/Wd3GNuKR
That's funny i was considering modifying my kit to have multi-hit tilts to try and somewhat incorporate the staff's basic combo system while keeping the inherently obvious specials. I'll state it again though, the great thing about Krystal is that her kit makes itself, which would make it inherently appealing because of how much there is to work with.

I also have a little something, it's nothing too special but I spent yesterday working on a Krystal-themed TF2 medigun skin

I didn't record any video but it uses her Staff's shield audio for the medigun sound

https://mega.nz/#F!tjZxBCra!UmbDHNKyiUi2Hc_UK2whxg

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
It's most likely on Nintendo of Europe and Japans twitter too, but Nintendo of America mentioned that today is Star Fox 64s 20th anniversary. Either give a legit quote from it you like with Krystal support, or purposely use a quote from Adventures and or Assault. Advised to post an image with her in this as to make it more noticeable.

I'm so sorry if i've been calling upon you a lot with these jordansweeto jordansweeto but just in case you may not of noticed.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
It's most likely on Nintendo of Europe and Japans twitter too, but Nintendo of America mentioned that today is Star Fox 64s 20th anniversary. Either give a legit quote from it you like with Krystal support, or purposely use a quote from Adventures and or Assault. Advised to post an image with her in this as to make it more noticeable.

I'm so sorry if i've been calling upon you a lot with these jordansweeto jordansweeto but just in case you may not of noticed.
Seems out of place to mention her there but it's the closest thing we'll have for a while probably. May aswell show some support for her there. Also I don't think Sweeto minds being informed of outlets to show Krystal's popularity lol

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
On a completely different note, remember that plot stuff I told you guys about along with the sketches I provided?

To make a long story short because i'm not that good of a designer, how would you see a galactic conqueror/tyrant villain that wields the once lost power of Majoras Mask (i.e. he literally has it on hand, by which somehow he and his men recharged it after learning how a legendary hero destroyed it thousands of years ago)

I guess there's a reason for Krystal being the healer via learning the song of healing and cleansing Jeans horrific incident

I did say Andross is alive is this whole thing right? If not then if you read Farewell Beloved Falco, Captain Shears (the one who used bio science to revive him) revives him again upon making a deal with this tyrant after reconstructing Andrew (he finds him in critical condition during the aparoid invasion, managed to avoid contact from em), that being reviving him to guarantee his victory.

In other words, three villains to deal with, technically four if you count Andrew

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice

I replied to it with my favorite SF 64 quote and also mentioned we want to see an new Star Fox game that brings back Krystal (added a gif with her too)
I agree that this is a good place for us to send our support to!

If any of you have a Twitter account be sure to send your Krystal support today!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Long time no see friends! I found something!
It seems Nintendo is asking its members what franchises and characters you want to see more of in the future.

Make sure to let them know how much you love star fox and want to see krystal again in either smash or star fox!
I got this survey last week from Nintendo UK. The questions are done using checkboxes next to images of characters (or key-art for each series, in the question about franchises). The question about characters mostly pertains to the protagonists of the series included in the question about franchises.

Krystal is not mentioned on the characters page, though Fox is. Star Fox is mentioned on the series page.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I got this survey last week from Nintendo UK. The questions are done using checkboxes next to images of characters (or key-art for each series, in the question about franchises). The question about characters mostly pertains to the protagonists of the series included in the question about franchises.

Krystal is not mentioned on the characters page, though Fox is. Star Fox is mentioned on the series page.
There's no other option? and why isn't it sent to every member? this survery is a sham lol

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice

I'm curious as to whether it has a box where you can write in things you want to see. Or if it's just checkboxes all the way through. I took the last survey that went out about the switch and it had a few short writing sections about what you wanted to see. Had to wade through the entire social media part though which I felt was a bit excessive. Lol

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
There's no other option? and why isn't it sent to every member? this survery is a sham lol
No, there was no option for characters who weren't listed.

It seemed to primarily be a demographics-related (and possibly brand-recognition related) survey for this region, rather than a global one about what people would like to see.

It wasn't a sham, though, for sure. :laugh:

I'm curious as to whether it has a box where you can write in things you want to see. Or if it's just checkboxes all the way through. I took the last survey that went out about the switch and it had a few short writing sections about what you wanted to see. Had to wade through the entire social media part though which I felt was a bit excessive. Lol
It didn't have any boxes for additional comments. If it did, I'd've mentioned my all-time favourite Nintendo character when I was filling it in (that's Dedede, of course). :laugh:

Incidentally, I never got the social-media related survey, so I assume that that's what North America got when we got the characters/franchises/plans-to-buy-the-Switch one over here.

Last edited:

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
It didn't have any boxes for additional comments. If it did, I'd've mentioned my all-time favourite Nintendo character when I was filling it in (that's Dedede, of course). :laugh:

Incidentally, I never got the social-media related survey, so I assume that that's what North America got when we got the characters/franchises/plans-to-buy-the-Switch one over here.
Ahh dang that's unfortunate. I'll still mention star fox if we ever do see that survey though.

Well that characters and franchises thing was on the social media one too, it was just at the very end of it which took about 30-45 minutes.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Ahh dang that's unfortunate. I'll still mention star fox if we ever do see that survey though.

Well that characters and franchises thing was on the social media one too, it was just at the very end of it which took about 30-45 minutes.
Ahh, now that's interesting. I guess that they only wanted the demographic information on our side of things, rather than the social-media stuff.

The last time we had an "Other" box about future stuff that we'd like to see in a Nintendo UK survey was in an early one sent out to new Switch owners, and it was there in relation to a question about which games/series prompted the console purchase.

Last edited:

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Ahh, now that's interesting. I guess that they only wanted the demographic information on our side of things, rather than the social-media stuff.

The last time we had an "Other" box about future stuff that we'd like to see in a Nintendo UK survey was in an early one sent out to new Switch owners, and it was there in relation to a question about which games/series prompted the console purchase.
Yeah on mine I mentioned a new metroid prime game/star fox and Krystal. So far a third of that has been answered! :)

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Welly well, well well look what finally managed to get delivered
The letter made it!.png

I would like to thank america for this fine delivery, this means someone at nintendo signed to take the letter in if that address i correct, seeing as it's nintendo japan's actual site for the address i'm going with yes. It's gonna be amusing to open this thing up.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Welly well, well well look what finally managed to get delivered
View attachment 131349
I would like to thank america for this fine delivery, this means someone at nintendo signed to take the letter in if that address i correct, seeing as it's nintendo japan's actual site for the address i'm going with yes. It's gonna be amusing to open this thing up.
Oh sweet - I'm glad that it got there safely! Good on both the US Postal Service and Japan Post for that.

Keep us (ahem) posted on any further progress. :laugh:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Oh sweet - I'm glad that it got there safely! Good on both the US Postal Service and Japan Post for that.

Keep us (ahem) posted on any further progress. :laugh:
I'm very happy and fairly surprised it made it, considering it took 4 delivery attempts, also this is something interesting aswell.
https://twitter.com/PixelJunkNews/status/882058251088437249

Looks to be a twitch stream with Dylan and Giles planned for tonight at 7pm PST, a Starfox stream of course

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
In case there's some sort of Q&A, I just want to mention to jordansweeto jordansweeto should such a thing occur during this upcoming stream. I should be able to see it tonight

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I dont mean to double post, but just to cover some grounds
UPDATE:
I'm just throwing this out there, I happened to run into something on Steam. If you know of Facerig, there's also the Japanese variation called Live 2D (no idea if that's on Steam). in this case it's Live 2D Wallpaper I ran into.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/616720/Live2D_Wallpaper/

Though I could try to make something of Krystal for this, the problem is I dont really have the software currently, and even then my skill with the tablet is pretty lacking compared to my traditional means. In other words the digital stuff I tend to do is really hit and miss. What i'm saying is if anyone wants to also attempt to make a Krystal model for this or anyone else really, here's your possible opportunity.

You can make custom models for Facerig too, i'm just focusing more on Live 2D as it's Japans variation.

I guess there's a guide on how to make one without having to draw one or something.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Was reading switch reddit, this tidbit came up in the interview with Takahashi, google translated so read at your own risk lol.

Can the recipe of the "open world" apply to other Nintendo licenses than "Zelda"?

"For us, the aim is not to make absolutely a game in this direction, but to propose an entertainment that is in affinity with the license to which it is connected. That is, if we have another license than Zelda and we have an idea that makes an open world relevant, of course we will not forbid it. But we are not going to redo a type of game just for the sake of redoing this type of game. There must be a coherence in the development. Besides, it takes time!"

Aswell as this

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" asked four years of work and three hundred people. Is this an effort that Nintendo can reiterate easily?

"Of course, Zelda is exceptional because it is very big, maybe even too big in terms of development. When we talk about three hundred people, it is not only the internal employees of Nintendo, but also all the partner studios who have helped to get this figure. So I do not think it's a feat. This is something we can reiterate. But, in general, the Zelda games are always the biggest productions."

So not only is open-world on the table for games that it can apply too, it's not something that's notably difficult to perform.
I also hear from Dylan
Dylan on switch.png

Doubt it's Starfox but I figured it's worth mentioning seeing as nintendo's design process seems to be given an opportunity and a passion for the games, which Cuthbert as said already he's interested in a new starfox experience for the switch/3ds

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Was reading switch reddit, this tidbit came up in the interview with Takahashi, google translated so read at your own risk lol.

Can the recipe of the "open world" apply to other Nintendo licenses than "Zelda"?

"For us, the aim is not to make absolutely a game in this direction, but to propose an entertainment that is in affinity with the license to which it is connected. That is, if we have another license than Zelda and we have an idea that makes an open world relevant, of course we will not forbid it. But we are not going to redo a type of game just for the sake of redoing this type of game. There must be a coherence in the development. Besides, it takes time!"

Aswell as this

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" asked four years of work and three hundred people. Is this an effort that Nintendo can reiterate easily?

"Of course, Zelda is exceptional because it is very big, maybe even too big in terms of development. When we talk about three hundred people, it is not only the internal employees of Nintendo, but also all the partner studios who have helped to get this figure. So I do not think it's a feat. This is something we can reiterate. But, in general, the Zelda games are always the biggest productions."

So not only is open-world on the table for games that it can apply too, it's not something that's notably difficult to perform.
I also hear from Dylan
View attachment 131392

Doubt it's Starfox but I figured it's worth mentioning seeing as nintendo's design process seems to be given an opportunity and a passion for the games, which Cuthbert as said already he's interested in a new starfox experience for the switch/3ds
Unfortunately, unless it's Mario, Zelda, or Fire Emblem, Nintendo will likely not bother w8th anything anniversary related

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, unless it's Mario, Zelda, or Fire Emblem, Nintendo will likely not bother w8th anything anniversary related
The series is in a precarious position, but it's not like any of us expected Starfox 2 to suddenly appear for us. I'm hoping that there's an announcement of a game being in development sometime next year for the anniversary. Somebody somewhere has gotta propose a cool idea for the series lol. All the bag of tricks from Starfox 2 have been used now. the original plot has been beaten into dust. Somewhere else is the only place it can go now. People are talking about Starfox now because of it, and NoA is probably aware of it. So perhaps someone will want to pick it up.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
That's funny i was considering modifying my kit to have multi-hit tilts to try and somewhat incorporate the staff's basic combo system while keeping the inherently obvious specials. I'll state it again though, the great thing about Krystal is that her kit makes itself, which would make it inherently appealing because of how much there is to work with.

I also have a little something, it's nothing too special but I spent yesterday working on a Krystal-themed TF2 medigun skin

A little too late because I've been away from home and diden't have a computer but,From somebody who loves playing TF2 This is REALLY awsome I dident even notice some of the details now that I have a bigger image to look at it, the healing crosses replaced with Krystal's image are a nice touch I would play medic all the time if I had this.

I actually have a couple of Krystal thingies that I like to use as I play TF2
Custom Spray

Some sign I made to both to spread aknowledgment of Krystal and wack people with it.
w.png

And some of my items were named after Starfox things, like this Kursed Krazoa Sword with a purple glow sheen (semed fitting there)
e.png

All in all, great job there :secretkpop: you should release the mod somewhere in forums, I would gladly use it.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
A little too late because I've been away from home and diden't have a computer but,From somebody who loves playing TF2 This is REALLY awsome I dident even notice some of the details now that I have a bigger image to look at it, the healing crosses replaced with Krystal's image are a nice touch I would play medic all the time if I had this.

I actually have a couple of Krystal thingies that I like to use as I play TF2
Custom Spray

Some sign I made to both to spread aknowledgment of Krystal and wack people with it.
View attachment 131470

And some of my items were named after Starfox things, like this Kursed Krazoa Sword with a purple glow sheen (semed fitting there)
View attachment 131471

All in all, great job there :secretkpop: you should release the mod somewhere in forums, I would gladly use it.
I posted a mega link in there with the key unlocked you should be able download it there, i was squeamish to post it gamebanana but if you think it's worth posting I can do it, yea i really like the blend modes in photoshop so there's plenty of things hiding in the medigun itself. Btw if you wanna play TF2 together sometime you know where to find me.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Ah screw it, here's this. It's been awhile since I last presented something here.

Buenos Dias Krystal.png

Oh by the way, I seriously doubt anyone remembers or even knows about this old game called Graffiti Kingdom, but long story short I ran into this out of sheer luck (I kinda searched this as a joke thinking there wouldnt be any results).

To sum up the game, you make up anything you wish and fight throughout the game as that character. I own my copy still and if i remember, making up characters was insane with only one character I built being probably the best I could do. It's possible I could do better now since it was years ago when I made him up, but still.

It's even more insane if you look up videos of this game as those in Japan made up characters in probably the best quality possible.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Ah screw it, here's this. It's been awhile since I last presented something here.

View attachment 131508

Oh by the way, I seriously doubt anyone remembers or even knows about this old game called Graffiti Kingdom, but long story short I ran into this out of sheer luck (I kinda searched this as a joke thinking there wouldnt be any results).

To sum up the game, you make up anything you wish and fight throughout the game as that character. I own my copy still and if i remember, making up characters was insane with only one character I built being probably the best I could do. It's possible I could do better now since it was years ago when I made him up, but still.

It's even more insane if you look up videos of this game as those in Japan made up characters in probably the best quality possible.
That's an interesting game premise, and even more interesting for two obscure things to be mixed together like that. Putting Krystal into games should be something we do more often if you ask me lol. That last screencap of her is adorable, I love that tail wag. Sorry i haven't said anything, i've been on vacation, I'll be home tomorrow night so there's that. We can't let Krystal fall behind on here!

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
That's an interesting game premise, and even more interesting for two obscure things to be mixed together like that. Putting Krystal into games should be something we do more often if you ask me lol. That last screencap of her is adorable, I love that tail wag. Sorry i haven't said anything, i've been on vacation, I'll be home tomorrow night so there's that. We can't let Krystal fall behind on here!
Guess it's up to the fans to do Ninty's job to put Krystal in games.

Some months ago I tried including Krystal as a playable character in a game called Don't starve, the coding and file management seemed simple with the amount of documentation out there for modders but I stopped as soon when I found out the amount of art stuff that I needed to do basically draw the model and every part when facing each possible direction on to p of that I diden't had any kind of drawing equipment.
I was actually thinking TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr for asistence seeing how good you can adapt Krystal to various kinds of artsyles.

Anyways, right now I have my sight on another game called Crypt of the Necrodancer (Really fun btw) that I want to mod and this one looks way simpler as the artstyle in the game is pixelart which is something I can handle using the many reference sprites devs included and some of the ones fans have done, About the game, it's a Rythm dungeon crawler and you can add your own music so of course some Starfox music will be added.
I might do Fox too for the Co-op mode.

Charcters in game look like this for reference (simple right... I hope last time I said i"It dosen't look so hard" then I took it back when I got to the art part.
upload_2017-7-15_12-39-44.jpeg

Hmm I noticed my TF2 spray was not uploaded well so here is it again.
23.jpg

Da memez

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Guess it's up to the fans to do Ninty's job to put Krystal in games.

Some months ago I tried including Krystal as a playable character in a game called Don't starve, the coding and file management seemed simple with the amount of documentation out there for modders but I stopped as soon when I found out the amount of art stuff that I needed to do basically draw the model and every part when facing each possible direction on to p of that I diden't had any kind of drawing equipment.
I was actually thinking TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr for asistence seeing how good you can adapt Krystal to various kinds of artsyles.

Anyways, right now I have my sight on another game called Crypt of the Necrodancer (Really fun btw) that I want to mod and this one looks way simpler as the artstyle in the game is pixelart which is something I can handle using the many reference sprites devs included and some of the ones fans have done, About the game, it's a Rythm dungeon crawler and you can add your own music so of course some Starfox music will be added.
I might do Fox too for the Co-op mode.

Charcters in game look like this for reference (simple right... I hope last time I said i"It dosen't look so hard" then I took it back when I got to the art part.
View attachment 131577

Hmm I noticed my TF2 spray was not uploaded well so here is it again.
View attachment 131578
Da memez
Uh my grandmother is British and she is nothing like that, (sorry, I just get a bit sensitive about that)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Uh my grandmother is British and she is nothing like that, (sorry, I just get a bit sensitive about that)
I'm British and I'm nothing like that either. And I don't even like tea.

I just find this sort of over-the-top stereotyping hilarious, though. :laugh:

Top Bottom