• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Here is my comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2mZS_p4A7Y&lc=z12hfx2jjyzifv2ii04cg3lbwxfcfpmijgw

For very popular videos I have seen the Top Comments change a lot and be cycled around, don't worry too much. The channel owner should be able to see all of our support.
It's important for us to send a steady flow of support over time rather than have random spikes in support anyways, that way our voices are constantly there for Nintendo to hear. They know what the fans want and the demand remains, you know?
Good to know... I didn't know that. was starting to get worried! And then I went through thousands of comments and found all the older comments(and new ones + upvoted them) just much further down. I confirmed that before I read this though because I was so worried about it. I didnt repost thankfully so I cant be labeled as a spammer. I feel much better though knowing that our support is still going to be heard!

On another note reddit seems to be setting up AMAs with people for questions to ask them ontop of the questions they already have planned, i wonder if they're different, not sure but we should jump at the chance if they manage to nab the legendary miyamoto
That wouldn't be a bad idea! I will look into that as well tomorrow! I have work in the early AM but I can get up earlier and check that out.

Great job today everyone! I am seeing a TON of Krystal in smash/Star Fox support and I couldn't be more proud of everyone! Give yourselves a pat on the back! :)
Edit -------------------------------------------------
It's important for us to send a steady flow of support over time rather than have random spikes in support anyways, that way our voices are constantly there for Nintendo to hear.
What, in your opinion, would a steady flow of support be without being labeled as spam? Like once a day? or once a week? And what would be the best method to approach support at this point onward? I am ready to move to twitter, I got my account back up and running last night if you need any more help there. Just let me know.

Last edited:

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I'll do one soon as I get home buddy! I'll be off in an hour! Great idea!
I can assure you Koizumi didn't do anything with Starfox so asking him means little, his influence is very mario with a considerable amount of zelda. But we should definitely group up for asking about her if anyone pertaining to Starfox shows up. I'd be very impressed if they got Miyamoto whose likely the only person there that would matter to the franchise.

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Update: I submitted my question, I might've stretched it a little but if there's a way to really boost this along with anyone elses questions that pertain to this, that'd be great.
I up-voted your question, but after I did it I refreshed the page and it was like "Sorry we will not be taking any more questions" and the AMA was done. I wish I didn't have to work!

For now, we should all make twitter accounts and tweet Nintendo @Nintendo of America/UK/Japan and @NintendoVS Asking for Krystal in Smash/Star Fox or whatever you guys can think of... Just make sure to note how good the presentation was as well! I already made a tweet this morning before I went to work. Also, we should be making Reddit accounts as well in case a Miyamoto AMA comes up. We need to all be ready for that!

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if we will actually get that AMA soon but it could happen, but there's another interesting tidbit
Nintendo browses the reddit.png

Funny how companies are browsing reddits these days, I remember this back in my Brave Frontier days. So we could organize something addressing Star Fox and Krystal

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if we will actually get that AMA soon but it could happen, but there's another interesting tidbit
View attachment 130816
Funny how companies are browsing reddits these days, I remember this back in my Brave Frontier days. So we could organize something addressing Star Fox and Krystal
That is interesting... If that's true we should definitely get a thread on there as well. If Nintendo really has "lots of folks browsing the sub," then we should definitely be there. I am with you on this, if you post something there I will support it, if not I will make a post.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
That is interesting... If that's true we should definitely get a thread on there as well. If Nintendo really has "lots of folks browsing the sub," then we should definitely be there. I am with you on this, if you post something there I will support it, if not I will make a post.
as a matter of a fact I did post a thread, reddit doesn't like people linking to threads for some reason so you'll have to search for it. It's called State of Star Fox - Nintendo's Other Sci-fi Franchise. Hope it does well. I'm kinda nervous about having the thread lol.

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
For everyone on here following our Krystal campaign it is doing very well. The reddit thread was a huge success and was on the front page yesterday for the majority of the day. There seems to be many people on there that want to see an open world experience similar to BoTW as well as, you guessed it, Krystal's return. An open world coop Star Fox game with multiple planets to explore would be pretty ballin'. What do you guys think?

Honestly I think that would be a good way to bolster some new fans and satisfy many of the already existing Star Fox fans. What do you guys think about the prospect of the on-rails gameplay being put into a 3ds exclusive experience? Also, use the switch to try to build more depth and innovate with the series? I think we can get some pretty awesome experiences out of the series if it starts to be managed in this way.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One idea I have is that Krystal's staff is the default weapon but ti can be equiped with Krys-I mean crystals that change what weapon it is like make it into a long sword or trident. And the firebolt power of the original game is expanded to be the ranged option and instead of jsut bein a bow with variable drop off and multishot it can be any weapon like a sniper config of a shotgun.

There's a lot to work with.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
One idea I have is that Krystal's staff is the default weapon but ti can be equiped with Krys-I mean crystals that change what weapon it is like make it into a long sword or trident. And the firebolt power of the original game is expanded to be the ranged option and instead of jsut bein a bow with variable drop off and multishot it can be any weapon like a sniper config of a shotgun.

I'm particularly excited for the inclusion of the ground segments in this theoretical game because it's the perfect opportunity to give Krystal her staff back seeing as they'd probably take some pointers from adventures, that would provide the only pieces Krystal's missing for being in Smash.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Im curious about this thread you speak of, I dont think I saw it, then again I dont prefer to use reddit for numerous reasons.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
I don't really care where or what it is online, Nintendo is watching the subreddit so I wanted them to see interest in Star Fox
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw..._of_star_fox_nintendos_other_scifi_franchise/
The comments were much better than I thought they'd be.
Been looking through this, you guys have done an incredible job spreading Krystal/Star Fox support over on reddit! Really GREAT work there!

I wonder if it'd be worth making another separate thread solely about Krystal (someone else make it this time?) seeing as I'm seeing a LOT of support for Krystal in that thread?
If Nintendo is indeed looking at these threads on reddit it would be a REALLY good idea for us to try to have a super popular/positive thread literally dedicated to Krystal in their sights!
Thoughts? :)

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Been looking through this, you guys have done an incredible job spreading Krystal/Star Fox support over on reddit! Really GREAT work there!

I wonder if it'd be worth making another separate thread solely about Krystal (someone else make it this time?) seeing as I'm seeing a LOT of support for Krystal in that thread?
If Nintendo is indeed looking at these threads on reddit it would be a REALLY good idea for us to try to have a super popular/positive thread literally dedicated to Krystal in their sights!
Thoughts? :)
A dedicated Krystal thread sounds like it'd bomb, but i expected way more fighting. Everyone was in agreement on an idea i thought was isolated to here. I mean i mentioned fire emblem, metroid, starfox, smash, wolf and krystal. And that's as far as It went. I even tagged nintendo of america in the post so they probably read it. Cosmic's comment was perfect. Really funny, that one guy who said "starfox adventures 2: Krystal's awakening" received so many upvotes, joke or not it could easily be perceived as direct interest.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Honestly I think that would be a good way to bolster some new fans and satisfy many of the already existing Star Fox fans. What do you guys think about the prospect of the on-rails gameplay being put into a 3ds exclusive experience? Also, use the switch to try to build more depth and innovate with the series? I think we can get some pretty awesome experiences out of the series if it starts to be managed in this way.
I worry about how that might divide the fanbase but the 3D and Retro distinction across platforms would feel far more natural with Starfox than it did with Sonic.

Also, I love this idea of power crystals that's being thrown around but why not take it a step further? Instead of just affecting Krystal, what if the whole team ditched the outdated laser bullets for crystal powered weaponry? Fox using it in a gun, Slippy using it in a clearly not meant for combat omnitool that changes form based on the crystal. Would allow the same upgrade to function differently across characters.

Last edited:

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice

I like the idea of using crystals to enhance a weapon. It has a very KoToR feel to it, like how you used the crystals to change the color/bonus of your weapon throughout the game. I like her concept strictly as a staff user though, but that's probably just me and my focus on the originality of the character. Maybe have them enhance all of her elemental powers in another way like for super quake you can make molten rock erupt out of the ground as well, or Frost Blast can create ice spears as well when enhanced. Also, you can possibly get some crystals to enhance her psychic abilities as well, that could be fun!

I worry about how that might divide the fanbase but the 3D and Retro distinction across platforms would feel far more natural with Starfox than it did with Sonic.
That is hard to say because I feel like at adventures(best Zelda game imo) introduction a divide in the fan-base was already started, and it only got worse after assault. Now you have people that want adventures games, on-rails shooters without ground segments and on-rails shooters with ground segments. The problem that I see now, and this is imo, is that the average consumer doesn't want to buy a game that can be beaten in 2 hours(for 60-80$) and people actually mentioned that time on the reddit thread multiple times and I beat it myself around that time(my first completion time was 3 hours and twenty minutes on Star Fox Zero on my birthday and of course I was disappointed, but that didn't stop me from 100%ing the game(yay for the fancy menu screen showing all the characters!) for fun even though I had all the amiibo.

Nintendo won't be able to please everyone at this point unless they can do something drastically new that will appeal to old and new fans alike, and that is going to be very challenging for Nintendo to do, I just hope that they can. Either way I am still excited to see what they have planned for the franchise now. Also, I can tell that they can't keep excluding Krystal from it just by looking at the reddit and youtube comments on their videos! Question being will they try to reintroduce her to the franchise since they rebooted the timeline with zero or will they ignore that timeline entirely and go back to assault and continue off of that? Questions questions...

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
It's been some time since the last time i've provided something as this, but I figured why not share this

IMG_0151.JPG

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
It's been some time since the last time i've provided something as this, but I figured why not share this

View attachment 130888
Those are really cool TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr thanks for sharing those!

I don't know if any of you guys follow the Sm4sh modding scene, but I was informed by another Krystal fan today that someone is going to be working on a Krystal over Palutena mod as well in the immediate future. Now work hasn't been started on it officially yet, but we got a post on gamebanana regarding it, and I figured some of you guys might appreciate it. to find the comment talking about it it is towards the bottom of the request.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I'm just mentioning this because of timing reasons, that Nintendo Badge Arcade "game" is ending. As neat as it would've been if we got more Star Fox badges, I kinda dont care either way as for someone like me who has the menu zoomed out it would've made it blurry. Though if I really wanted a Krystal badge, i'd just hack my 3DS which speaking of I need to find a guide on how to do this. I know of the site of where most do it and all but there's no "idiots" guide on it for someone who may be intimidated.
If i'm not mistaken, Nintendo Badge Arcade only had the Star Fox badges appear at least two or three times throughout the year. Compare that to the same Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda sets that kept getting cycled. If I remember also the star fox set would only last about a day or three

Beside that I had quite the dream this morning, no idea what came before it but I recall this reveal trailer being shown that started with a certain someone tail being shown, then it panned out to reveal Krystal in I believe the standard outfit. The weird thing was the generic Zero theme was playing, but that's what I remember. No idea what this means but I thought i'd share that.

Mr. G&W

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mr.G-W
3DS FC
4725-7944-0757
Switch FC
SW-1951-5696-0402
I'd really want Krystal included because she'd be different from Fox and Falco. She wouldn't rely on her gun, but on her staff; with more magic in her staff than Palutena, perhaps. But, it's really up to Mister Sakura on whether we'll see a new Smash Bros game or not.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'd really want Krystal included because she'd be different from Fox and Falco. She wouldn't rely on her gun, but on her staff; with more magic in her staff than Palutena, perhaps.
I think that being a potential new Star Fox addition who isn't a clone or semi-clone (distant or otherwise) is a big benefit to Krystal - she could clearly bring quite a lot to the game.

Welcome, by the way! :grin: It's great to see so many supporters for Krystal, especially considering how down-on-its-luck the Star Fox series has been in recent times.

But, it's really up to Mister Sakura on whether we'll see a new Smash Bros game or not.
Strictly speaking, it's entirely up to Nintendo, as they're the ones who own the franchise. ;)

Though he was involved in its creation back when he worked at HAL Laboratory, Masahiro Sakurai holds no rights to or ownership of the series. He, as part of Sora, Ltd. (the company owned by himself and his wife), is simply one of two development outfits who were contracted to co-develop the most recent installments, and there's nothing saying that he has to return every time.

The other co-developer is Bandai-Namco, who actually posted a job-listing to hire staff to work on a game known as "Smash 6", back in early April of 2014 (this being in line with the fact that Smash 3DS is officially referred to as "Smash 4" and Smash Wii U as "Smash 5"). This makes it seem likely that they, at least, have stayed on-board.

EDIT: Oops! I also forgot to mention that two important Nintendo of America staff have mentioned Smash Switch four times this year already, too (Treehouse's JC Rodrigo once, and Reggie Fils-Aime three times). I really should've included that! :laugh:

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
To kinda follow up on that last post of mine, this was how I think I saw it prior to getting up, except it was more detailed.
98419af431aeca3091e6966d44809be5.png
Yes, this was playing as this dream went on, it was like it was DLC or some expansion. There's actually another image like this of her in this outfit.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
To kinda follow up on that last post of mine, this was how I think I saw it prior to getting up, except it was more detailed.
View attachment 130962
Yes, this was playing as this dream went on, it was like it was DLC or some expansion. There's actually another image like this of her in this outfit.
That could work, but I am used to disappointment with Ninty nowadays, with the exception of BoTW, (not including Zero, I thought that game looked like garbage from the first reveal, and my intital reaction was right)

Last edited:

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._for_nintendo_switch_fighter_ballot_-_results
Lol jesus christ, 4k krystal votes? There's definitely some passionate krystal fans here, an interesting thing indeed. I should have my letter to miyamoto out by tomorrow, i'm including pictures that genuinely prove her popularity aswell.
Woops, I told my supporters to go vote but wasn't expecting 4k of them to D:
Why would they say it was rigged, because most of the votes came from non-users? A large number of my supporters want to see Krystal as a playable character too, is their opinion any less valid than Nintendo Life members?

Sorry guys, at least it shows Krystal support is at a high!

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Woops, I told my supporters to go vote but wasn't expecting 4k of them to D:
Why would they say it was rigged, because most of the votes came from non-users? A large number of my supporters want to see Krystal as a playable character too, is their opinion any less valid than Nintendo Life members?

Sorry guys, at least it shows Krystal support is at a high!
damnit sweeto i could have told you we only needed about 1k votes lol
EDIT: though if you want to you can go in and explain what it was, can't have Krystal fans looking non-existant

Last edited:

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
damnit sweeto i could have told you we only needed about 1k votes lol
EDIT: though if you want to you can go in and explain what it was, can't have Krystal fans looking non-existant
I'm actually trying to get in contact with the guy who wrote the article now.
Calling the contest "rigged" because lots of REAL people voted is pretty inaccurate if you ask me, not to mention it makes us look like we did something wrong when we didn't.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually trying to get in contact with the guy who wrote the article now.
Calling the contest "rigged" because lots of REAL people voted is pretty inaccurate if you ask me, not to mention it makes us look like we did something wrong when we didn't.
Even better idea lol, let's show him just how large Krystal support is!

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so I just talked to the guy who wrote the article/did the poll.
He says that apparently there were bots (from the same IP address or something?) sent to vote for Krystal in the Fictional Ballot and that Krystal still had a couple hundred votes but wasn't in the top 10.

If this is the case and one of you were behind the bots, I understand how important it is to get Krystal support out there and heard in the community but this isn't the way to do it.
Let's continue building up a genuine support group for Krystal and spreading her popularity in a positive way, it's the best and only way to go about this.
Krystal has a long way to go before returning to the Star Fox series, her popularity doesn't need to be faked especially at this time, her popularity IS very real and we need to join together to prove it.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
He says that apparently there were bots (from the same IP address or something?) sent to vote for Krystal in the Fictional Ballot and that Krystal still had a couple hundred votes but wasn't in the top 10.

If this is the case and one of you were behind the bots, I understand how important it is to get Krystal support out there and heard in the community but this isn't the way to do it.
Let's continue building up a genuine support group for Krystal and spreading her popularity in a positive way, it's the best and only way to go about this.
Krystal has a long way to go before returning to the Star Fox series, her popularity doesn't need to be faked especially at this time, her popularity IS very real and we need to join together to prove it.
A couple hundred votes doesn't account for the few thousand that we got, what does he say about those?

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
A couple hundred votes doesn't account for the few thousand that we got, what does he say about those?
He's told me that she was ranked somewhere within 16-25th place with her legitimate votes in the end which means the rest would have been bot'd..

I personally feel like her 'genuine' ranking seems a little low but that's what I was told, I'm sure he'd have no reason to make something like that up!

Let's just be very mindful about how we go about our support in the future! No big deal, just keep things going but in the right way :)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Ugh, there's always one, isn't there? :ohwell:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
He's told me that she was ranked somewhere within 16-25th place with her legitimate votes in the end which means the rest would have been bot'd..

I personally feel like her 'genuine' ranking seems a little low but that's what I was told, I'm sure he'd have no reason to make something like that up!

Let's just be very mindful about how we go about our support in the future! No big deal, just keep things going but in the right way :)
I feel like with your following there's no way we didn't get several hundred more but that's just me, no way to prove that?

Ugh, there's always one, isn't there? :ohwell:
one what? bot?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
one what? bot?
I mean that there always seems to be one of those types who seems to think that it's ok to use bots to try to rig the results of fan-polls, whenever one comes up. :p

It's a real pity, because it just sours it for everyone that way.

Last edited:

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
On the plus side, I've talked to that guy from Nintendo Life and told him about our support group and he seems interested in helping encourage and spread Krystal support too so there's that!
We'll see if anything may come of that in the future but in the mean-time let's continue our good work on Youtube, Reddit, etc!

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
On the plus side, I've talked to that guy from Nintendo Life and told him about our support group and he seems interested in helping encourage and spread Krystal support too so there's that!
We'll see if anything may come of that in the future but in the mean-time let's continue our good work on Youtube, Reddit, etc!
That's deeply surprising, though at the same time, he thought they were fake and still thought it was worthy of mentioning the passion for her, despite barely putting her on there. I'm interested to see if that outlet has a meaningful boost.

Top Bottom