• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Its somewhere lost forever in the vgchartz forums pile and unfortunately there isnt a search option and i cant remember who did it.
hmm... that would make things difficult not having a search. I can go looking around though, knowing its in vgchartz at least gives me a general direction... if I do find it ill repost it here for you/everyone else.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Aight that was easier to find than I thought after I discovered a diff way to look for it. (Find the user then a list of all his posts instead of going through every post ever XD)

Ill put it in a spoiler tag cos its long. I enjoyed a lot of those ideas. Krystal needs to comeback.

Its cool to see him wrong that there would never be a Starfox game on wii U XD. (rehash of 64 tho ew.)
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=192076&page=

I wish I could replace "the definitive Star Fox game" for "the Wii U Star Fox game" in the title, but as much as I am definitely referring to an ideal iteration of Star Fox on the Wii U, I know the chances of this game happening with Miyamoto saying what he has been saying are about 0% at best. With that out of the way,

Star Fox is arguably one of the franchises with most untapped and wasted potential out there. It has a great setting mixed with memorable characters, but the whole charm of it has been severely underused as the series pumped out average game after average game in the 2000s. Unlike other big IPs, this one didn't grow up alongside the players that had a blast with the amazing Nintendo 64 game 17 years ago - it has stagnated ever since, with that one game still being by far the main reason (and for some, the only reason) people care about it.

I'm one among the people who only care about Star Fox because of that 1997 title, but because of this one single game I not only care about it, but love it to death. It's easily my favorite Nintendo IP because of how much I love its characters and setting, even if it's obviously not my favorite franchise since there's only one stellar game. But it has a ridiculously huge unfilled potential and I always dreamed of seeing it fulfilled one day. This is how my ideal Star Fox on Wii U would go:

- The Great Fox
This ship should be the central point of the entire game. Whenever you're not on a mission or doing anything else, you should be controlling Fox inside the Great Fox, and this place should serve as a sort of menu to everything the whole title has to offer. There should be several different rooms within the ship, each one serving as an entrance to some game mode - they would be split like this:

Main Room - the main room should be a big place that serves as the central point of the ship, having access to all of its other internal areas and hallways. When in here, you should be able to take control of the Great Fox and fly it around space. When exploring outer space, the camera would move outside of the ship and show it from behind, while there could be an interactive map displayed in the GamePad screen - this map shows all of your known locations and objectives and enables you to fast travel by touching them if you don't want to wander around in the Great Fox in order to get places. There should be, however, secret planets and systems that you can only get to by exploring - these would be 100% optional to the main game, obviously.

Also, within the main area of the ship there could be a little section with more "everyday life" kind of rooms, such as a kitchen and each character's individual sleeping room - it would add absolutely nothing to the game itself, but it would be nice to have it there for added realism and novelty. The way the game is set, it is only logical that the Star Fox team members live their lives inside this ship, so it would be nice to just hang around and do random stuff in this place, while also being able to interact with them.

Observation Room - Also fairly novelty, but it would be really nice to have a room where you could just take a look around space and appreciate the beauty of it all. While in here, you should also be able to take pictures and post them to Miiverse. Not a lot more to say, but like the "everyday life" section, it would just be a nice spot to suck you into the game's atmosphere.

Simulation Room - This would be the training mode. In this room, you would be able to use a simulation machine that lets you not only play through the game's optional tutorial mode, but also train individual missions you've already completed while being able to only train specific sections of them and also being able to do it in slow-motion and testing different results when doing different things.

Communication Room - Here, you would be able to check online leaderboards and hop onto online multiplayer as well. The online multiplayer in the game should be always an 8-player match, either split as 4v4 team games or everyone by themselves - there should obviously be loads of different modes and ways of playing with other people. Online co-op for missions could also be a thing, but I'd rather not see it fully integrated into the game - maybe friend-only, or only being possible when replaying already completed stages for high scores (or both). Local co-op should definitely be a thing, though it would just be integrated into the game and not something that has to be activated when in this room.

The Garage - This should be the place where all the smaller vehicles (Arwings, Helicopters, Blue-Marine, Landmaster?) should be kept at, and it should be located at the end of the ridiculously long hallway as seen in Star Fox 64. When you reach a location where you're supposed to head into a mission, you would be able to hop into the Arwing alongside the other team members and start it. In other things, this room could also be where you customize each of your rides for upgrades and different looks (to be further expanded in a while).

(as much as this is total eye-candy, I don't want Assault's Arwing design back)

- The Missions
Well, before I drag on for too long (which I'm sure I already did) with other stuff, let's get to the missions already. I feel like the mission system should work in a similar way to how it was in Star Fox 64, though with a twist. SF64's Lylat System had 15 locations in total, out of which you only played through 7 in a single playthrough because of the branching path system.

However, while that was the entirety of that game, the ideal Star Fox title for me would have several sets of missions like that. For example, say you begin the game playing through a set containing 9 missions, out of which you play through only 5 when taking a certain path - that would be only the beginning of the game, and it would be one of several sets of quests that should be available. The mission sets should be split between three types: the main game, the sidequests and the secret missions.

The main game would be the story mode, and it should have at least 4 or 5 sets in total. They would follow a linear structure, though each individual set could have branching paths within them. Each new group of missions within the main game should encompass one of the big chapters of the main story, and as you finish each one, it should set the events for the next one - which would be automatically registered in your Space Map for the player to just skip to it if they don't feel like exploring or doing anything else. When put together, the whole story should take at the very least 4-5 hours to play through once and maybe twice or three times as much to unlock every stage.

The bigger sidequests within the game should all be unlocked by taking specific paths and playing through specific levels in main game missions. For example, in Star Fox 64 you can find a character named Katt in one of the hard path levels, Katina - in this new game, there could be stuff like that. Individual missions where you can find a certain character, and if you play through the level correctly, the character will hint at a sidequest and register it on your map if you want to do it - these sidequests would reward you with customizable parts for your vehicles and ultimately could even unlock these said characters for your Star Fox team. As you enter every new group of missions, you would be able to choose which 3 team members you would take with you, with each one having their own pros and cons - I feel like there should be 6 possible characters to choose from, these being: the starter team (Falco, Peppy, Slippy) and the unlockable ones (Bill, Katt, and some new character (for god's sake not Krystal)).

Apart from these, there should also be secret levels that can't be found or fast traveled to on your map. They should be only possible to find through wandering around in space, and they'd be smaller sets of missions that have big rewards - but as good as the rewards should be, they would be limited to customizable parts only. These customizable parts would let you edit each one of your different vehicles and serve as either upgrades, new weapons or just cool cosmetic touches - and following in the footsteps of what Pokémon does with player interaction, your main game vehicles and characters should be exactly what you use whenever you want to hop into online multiplayer, which means if you want to compete online you should always look for all the upgrades to have the best shot at winning.

The Missions Themselves - Well, I wasn't talking about the actual missions up there, but rather the system in which they should be working. As for the actual thing - I feel like the levels should be split into 5 different types, split like this:

Classic Arwing levels (~30%) - No explanation needed. The traditional on-rail levels that we all have a blast playing should be back.
Blue-Marine levels (~10%) - These would be similar to the Arwing ones just like in SF64, but would be there for added variety and eye-candy (I mean, Aquas looked beautiful on the 3DS, can't wait to see what they could do on the Wii U). There could maybe also be an All-Range mode for these underwater levels, though I'm not so sure about it. There should definitely be, however, a different way of controlling this vehicle to further differentiate it from an Arwing.
All-Range levels (~30%) - These would be the main new thing about the game, as much as we've seen this done in 64 and Assault to some extent. The new All-Range mode would have the Arwing that can transform into a tank (Landmaster) and expand upon the ideas that were there in the cancelled Star Fox 2. Of course, I'm adding these to the mix because Miyamoto pretty much confirmed this will be a thing, and I'm interested to see what they do with it.
Helicopter levels (~10%) - Also taking from what we already know about it, and they would also be All-range mode missions - these would be the ones where you're controlling the helicopter and the robot thing on the gamepad. Since these are real, I won't expand too much on them, we'll just see how they turn out when the game comes out in a couple of years.
On-foot levels (~20%) - And finally, the controversial point. As much as a lot of people would say otherwise, I feel like on-foot missions are required in Star Fox if the franchise's full potential is to be fulfilled. They were there in Assault and yes, they were crap becaue of clunky controls and poor level design - however, I also think the whole idea behind them was wrong. These levels shouldn't be just a "run around like crazy and shoot the crap out of everyone with OP weapons" kind of thing, since Fox isn't supposed to be some sort of ridiculously OP guy either. I feel like these missions should have a stealth TPS kind of gameplay, usually focusing on infiltrating some enemy base and stuff like that. Not a lot more to say, but if done right they would add so much to the experience.

Now, if there's one last thing I'd say about the missions, and especially the on-rail Arwing ones, is to not take a word from what has been done in other games. As much as these Arwing sections were fun in Adventures and Assault, they usually had me questioning why I was just shooting random stuff over and over and if the developers couldn't come up with something more interesting and compelling to do - however, Star Fox 64's entire game was this and yet it never had me questioning anything. The thing is, these missiong are way too slow-paced and cinematic in Assault - it's almost as if you're watching Fox and his crew fly around space and you, as a player, are only there to slightly move the ship around and shoot random enemies. In 64, these missions were very high-paced and skill-based - they felt like an arcade - and as such, they felt like challenges with the goal always being to get the highest possible scores. This arcade feel has to be retained through every single mission if the new game is to be successful.

- The Story
To round it off, I'll talk about the game's storyline - though just a little bit and the general direction it should follow, since this is definitely not fanfic time (and I really don't want another Star Fox Command). For starters, there's one thing that should definitely be took for granted and that's the assumption that Star Fox 64 3D was the 2010s reboot of the franchise. The 2000s trilogy just ****ed up the story way too bad and ruined the whole franchise, and as soon as we can all forget about what happened in those titles, the better it will be. Hopefully Miyamoto is also regretting ever saying what he said about Krystal since that was the start of all this crap.

With that being said, I'd want this new game's story to have a focus around the Star Wolf team and their unknown character as real bad guys or just another team of mercenaries who just happens to hate Star Fox. The plot should revolve around them and it should always have the player questioning if they're actually villains or just a bunch of A-holes - and while I really can't say which way I'd like them to ultimately take, the game should definitely have a new villain that's the big bad guy around and final boss. Not a lot more to say here, but if the story took a similar path to this I'd be glad.

Just don't give me any Krystal or Dinosaur crap. If you want that stuff, tell that to Microsoft so what remains of Rare can whip out that stuff on the Xbox, because it definitely doesn't belong in Star Fox. If they want to bring Panther back though, I'm fine, he's cool with me. In fact, Assault had a lot of good things going for it and it could have been the redeeming title for the franchise - there were plenty of good ideas there, but they were unfortunately mixed with poor ideas and they ultimately were all executed terribly.

So yeah, huge monologue over. I'm a relatively new Star Fox fan (have been one for about 17 months now), but I have played every title in this franchise and know there's way too much untapped potential there. After the beloved 64, they disappointed us time and time again with the incredibly boring and repetitive Adventures, the clunky game that didn't know what it wanted to be and had robot-like voice acting (Assault) and the unbelievable load of crap that was dumped on every Star Fox fan's head that was Command. I'm still waiting for the definitive game in this franchise, and that's how I'd like to have it - but what do you think of my ideas? Are they any good or are they the worst thing you've ever seen? Have you thought of a better one? Let's have a good discussion about it.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Aight that was easier to find than I thought after I discovered a diff way to look for it. (Find the user then a list of all his posts instead of going through every post ever XD)

Ill put it in a spoiler tag cos its long. I enjoyed a lot of those ideas. Krystal needs to comeback.

Its cool to see him wrong that there would never be a Starfox game on wii U XD. (rehash of 64 tho ew.)

I wish I could replace "the definitive Star Fox game" for "the Wii U Star Fox game" in the title, but as much as I am definitely referring to an ideal iteration of Star Fox on the Wii U, I know the chances of this game happening with Miyamoto saying what he has been saying are about 0% at best. With that out of the way,

Star Fox is arguably one of the franchises with most untapped and wasted potential out there. It has a great setting mixed with memorable characters, but the whole charm of it has been severely underused as the series pumped out average game after average game in the 2000s. Unlike other big IPs, this one didn't grow up alongside the players that had a blast with the amazing Nintendo 64 game 17 years ago - it has stagnated ever since, with that one game still being by far the main reason (and for some, the only reason) people care about it.

I'm one among the people who only care about Star Fox because of that 1997 title, but because of this one single game I not only care about it, but love it to death. It's easily my favorite Nintendo IP because of how much I love its characters and setting, even if it's obviously not my favorite franchise since there's only one stellar game. But it has a ridiculously huge unfilled potential and I always dreamed of seeing it fulfilled one day. This is how my ideal Star Fox on Wii U would go:

- The Great Fox
This ship should be the central point of the entire game. Whenever you're not on a mission or doing anything else, you should be controlling Fox inside the Great Fox, and this place should serve as a sort of menu to everything the whole title has to offer. There should be several different rooms within the ship, each one serving as an entrance to some game mode - they would be split like this:

Main Room - the main room should be a big place that serves as the central point of the ship, having access to all of its other internal areas and hallways. When in here, you should be able to take control of the Great Fox and fly it around space. When exploring outer space, the camera would move outside of the ship and show it from behind, while there could be an interactive map displayed in the GamePad screen - this map shows all of your known locations and objectives and enables you to fast travel by touching them if you don't want to wander around in the Great Fox in order to get places. There should be, however, secret planets and systems that you can only get to by exploring - these would be 100% optional to the main game, obviously.

Also, within the main area of the ship there could be a little section with more "everyday life" kind of rooms, such as a kitchen and each character's individual sleeping room - it would add absolutely nothing to the game itself, but it would be nice to have it there for added realism and novelty. The way the game is set, it is only logical that the Star Fox team members live their lives inside this ship, so it would be nice to just hang around and do random stuff in this place, while also being able to interact with them.

Observation Room - Also fairly novelty, but it would be really nice to have a room where you could just take a look around space and appreciate the beauty of it all. While in here, you should also be able to take pictures and post them to Miiverse. Not a lot more to say, but like the "everyday life" section, it would just be a nice spot to suck you into the game's atmosphere.

Simulation Room - This would be the training mode. In this room, you would be able to use a simulation machine that lets you not only play through the game's optional tutorial mode, but also train individual missions you've already completed while being able to only train specific sections of them and also being able to do it in slow-motion and testing different results when doing different things.

Communication Room - Here, you would be able to check online leaderboards and hop onto online multiplayer as well. The online multiplayer in the game should be always an 8-player match, either split as 4v4 team games or everyone by themselves - there should obviously be loads of different modes and ways of playing with other people. Online co-op for missions could also be a thing, but I'd rather not see it fully integrated into the game - maybe friend-only, or only being possible when replaying already completed stages for high scores (or both). Local co-op should definitely be a thing, though it would just be integrated into the game and not something that has to be activated when in this room.

The Garage - This should be the place where all the smaller vehicles (Arwings, Helicopters, Blue-Marine, Landmaster?) should be kept at, and it should be located at the end of the ridiculously long hallway as seen in Star Fox 64. When you reach a location where you're supposed to head into a mission, you would be able to hop into the Arwing alongside the other team members and start it. In other things, this room could also be where you customize each of your rides for upgrades and different looks (to be further expanded in a while).

- The Missions
Well, before I drag on for too long (which I'm sure I already did) with other stuff, let's get to the missions already. I feel like the mission system should work in a similar way to how it was in Star Fox 64, though with a twist. SF64's Lylat System had 15 locations in total, out of which you only played through 7 in a single playthrough because of the branching path system.

However, while that was the entirety of that game, the ideal Star Fox title for me would have several sets of missions like that. For example, say you begin the game playing through a set containing 9 missions, out of which you play through only 5 when taking a certain path - that would be only the beginning of the game, and it would be one of several sets of quests that should be available. The mission sets should be split between three types: the main game, the sidequests and the secret missions.

The main game would be the story mode, and it should have at least 4 or 5 sets in total. They would follow a linear structure, though each individual set could have branching paths within them. Each new group of missions within the main game should encompass one of the big chapters of the main story, and as you finish each one, it should set the events for the next one - which would be automatically registered in your Space Map for the player to just skip to it if they don't feel like exploring or doing anything else. When put together, the whole story should take at the very least 4-5 hours to play through once and maybe twice or three times as much to unlock every stage.

The bigger sidequests within the game should all be unlocked by taking specific paths and playing through specific levels in main game missions. For example, in Star Fox 64 you can find a character named Katt in one of the hard path levels, Katina - in this new game, there could be stuff like that. Individual missions where you can find a certain character, and if you play through the level correctly, the character will hint at a sidequest and register it on your map if you want to do it - these sidequests would reward you with customizable parts for your vehicles and ultimately could even unlock these said characters for your Star Fox team. As you enter every new group of missions, you would be able to choose which 3 team members you would take with you, with each one having their own pros and cons - I feel like there should be 6 possible characters to choose from, these being: the starter team (Falco, Peppy, Slippy) and the unlockable ones (Bill, Katt, and some new character (for god's sake not Krystal)).

Apart from these, there should also be secret levels that can't be found or fast traveled to on your map. They should be only possible to find through wandering around in space, and they'd be smaller sets of missions that have big rewards - but as good as the rewards should be, they would be limited to customizable parts only. These customizable parts would let you edit each one of your different vehicles and serve as either upgrades, new weapons or just cool cosmetic touches - and following in the footsteps of what Pokémon does with player interaction, your main game vehicles and characters should be exactly what you use whenever you want to hop into online multiplayer, which means if you want to compete online you should always look for all the upgrades to have the best shot at winning.

The Missions Themselves - Well, I wasn't talking about the actual missions up there, but rather the system in which they should be working. As for the actual thing - I feel like the levels should be split into 5 different types, split like this:

Classic Arwing levels (~30%) - No explanation needed. The traditional on-rail levels that we all have a blast playing should be back.
Blue-Marine levels (~10%) - These would be similar to the Arwing ones just like in SF64, but would be there for added variety and eye-candy (I mean, Aquas looked beautiful on the 3DS, can't wait to see what they could do on the Wii U). There could maybe also be an All-Range mode for these underwater levels, though I'm not so sure about it. There should definitely be, however, a different way of controlling this vehicle to further differentiate it from an Arwing.
All-Range levels (~30%) - These would be the main new thing about the game, as much as we've seen this done in 64 and Assault to some extent. The new All-Range mode would have the Arwing that can transform into a tank (Landmaster) and expand upon the ideas that were there in the cancelled Star Fox 2. Of course, I'm adding these to the mix because Miyamoto pretty much confirmed this will be a thing, and I'm interested to see what they do with it.
Helicopter levels (~10%) - Also taking from what we already know about it, and they would also be All-range mode missions - these would be the ones where you're controlling the helicopter and the robot thing on the gamepad. Since these are real, I won't expand too much on them, we'll just see how they turn out when the game comes out in a couple of years.
On-foot levels (~20%) - And finally, the controversial point. As much as a lot of people would say otherwise, I feel like on-foot missions are required in Star Fox if the franchise's full potential is to be fulfilled. They were there in Assault and yes, they were crap becaue of clunky controls and poor level design - however, I also think the whole idea behind them was wrong. These levels shouldn't be just a "run around like crazy and shoot the crap out of everyone with OP weapons" kind of thing, since Fox isn't supposed to be some sort of ridiculously OP guy either. I feel like these missions should have a stealth TPS kind of gameplay, usually focusing on infiltrating some enemy base and stuff like that. Not a lot more to say, but if done right they would add so much to the experience.

Now, if there's one last thing I'd say about the missions, and especially the on-rail Arwing ones, is to not take a word from what has been done in other games. As much as these Arwing sections were fun in Adventures and Assault, they usually had me questioning why I was just shooting random stuff over and over and if the developers couldn't come up with something more interesting and compelling to do - however, Star Fox 64's entire game was this and yet it never had me questioning anything. The thing is, these missiong are way too slow-paced and cinematic in Assault - it's almost as if you're watching Fox and his crew fly around space and you, as a player, are only there to slightly move the ship around and shoot random enemies. In 64, these missions were very high-paced and skill-based - they felt like an arcade - and as such, they felt like challenges with the goal always being to get the highest possible scores. This arcade feel has to be retained through every single mission if the new game is to be successful.

- The Story
To round it off, I'll talk about the game's storyline - though just a little bit and the general direction it should follow, since this is definitely not fanfic time (and I really don't want another Star Fox Command). For starters, there's one thing that should definitely be took for granted and that's the assumption that Star Fox 64 3D was the 2010s reboot of the franchise. The 2000s trilogy just ****ed up the story way too bad and ruined the whole franchise, and as soon as we can all forget about what happened in those titles, the better it will be. Hopefully Miyamoto is also regretting ever saying what he said about Krystal since that was the start of all this crap.

With that being said, I'd want this new game's story to have a focus around the Star Wolf team and their unknown character as real bad guys or just another team of mercenaries who just happens to hate Star Fox. The plot should revolve around them and it should always have the player questioning if they're actually villains or just a bunch of A-holes - and while I really can't say which way I'd like them to ultimately take, the game should definitely have a new villain that's the big bad guy around and final boss. Not a lot more to say here, but if the story took a similar path to this I'd be glad.

Just don't give me any Krystal or Dinosaur crap. If you want that stuff, tell that to Microsoft so what remains of Rare can whip out that stuff on the Xbox, because it definitely doesn't belong in Star Fox. If they want to bring Panther back though, I'm fine, he's cool with me. In fact, Assault had a lot of good things going for it and it could have been the redeeming title for the franchise - there were plenty of good ideas there, but they were unfortunately mixed with poor ideas and they ultimately were all executed terribly.

So yeah, huge monologue over. I'm a relatively new Star Fox fan (have been one for about 17 months now), but I have played every title in this franchise and know there's way too much untapped potential there. After the beloved 64, they disappointed us time and time again with the incredibly boring and repetitive Adventures, the clunky game that didn't know what it wanted to be and had robot-like voice acting (Assault) and the unbelievable load of crap that was dumped on every Star Fox fan's head that was Command. I'm still waiting for the definitive game in this franchise, and that's how I'd like to have it - but what do you think of my ideas? Are they any good or are they the worst thing you've ever seen? Have you thought of a better one? Let's have a good discussion about it.
OP's anti krystal argument though
"Krystal... well, she's Krystal. It's more about what she represents rather than what she is. She was never a Star Fox character in the first place. And also, her relationship with Fox was the worst. It felt ridiculously forced. I feel like relationships like this really don't belong in this franchise."

From looking at the comments it looks like you chimed in aswell lol. OPs fanaticism for a single title is tad sad.

"If they want to bring Panther back though, I'm fine, he's cool with me."

"the clunky game that didn't know what it wanted to be and had robot-like voice acting (Assault)"

"Hopefully Miyamoto is also regretting ever saying what he said about Krystal since that was the start of all this crap."

I don't really get how 64 is a holy grail, it was a fun game, but if you want that game, go play that game? every title doesn't need to be that title.

Hell the guy goes on to thinking a guardians of the galaxy reference would "make everyone smile" no thank you, games should keep to games.

I'm just glad that this guys ideals are hella dated just like his worshipped title

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Gagnetar Gagnetar oh haha. I just read my comment. I did actually read it all, eventually.

Krystal is great.If i didnt like her then that just shows I've changed my mind for the better. :p

He was always very, opinionated, but I like his gameplay and other ideas like using the great fox as a world hub.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Gagnetar Gagnetar oh haha. I just read my comment. I did actually read it all, eventually.

Krystal is great.If i didnt like her then that just shows I've changed my mind for the better. :p

He was always very, opinionated, but I like his gameplay and other ideas like using the great fox as a world hub.
There's alot there, i'm sure some of it is good. I just got daunted after reading some of it and was like mehhhh...

It's an interesting concept though, If Krystal is seen as the series escaping from it's roots and growing up, people having more interest in her now means they're accepting that it's time to move on and finally accept new things in the franchise.

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Oh hey I just get back from having breakfast and I missed a ton of messages! Sorry I missed your PM's Wolfie557 Wolfie557 . And it's ok... you can talk with me about Star Fox or Krystal whenever you want! :)

- The Great Fox

- The Missions

- The Story

There are some good gameplay ideas in there, but it was hard to wade through the Krystal hate in there, especially because it's long and comes up a decent amount because the guy clearly has a lot of hate for a video game character... lol.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Ha reggie you crazy *******, there's already nice information, aside from "Nintendo 3DS getting lots of love"

"spotlight is a 25 minute kick off everything to all of our activity"
"nintendo spotlight is fast, to the point and it highlights a number of key games, number of reveals, number of first looks"

They also said about going right into treehouse after.

This means that 25 minutes should definitely be enough, though it's marred by a bit of a 3DS focus, but who knows maybe there's enough love to go around. Reggie also mentioned Twitter as a hard source of attention so if Krystal isn't announced for a smash game this e3 we should get on coordinating there.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
"spotlight is a 25 minute kick off everything to all of our activity"
"nintendo spotlight is fast, to the point and it highlights a number of key games, number of reveals, number of first looks"
Easily the best news. That way we don't get 15 minutes of Kingdom Battle or MARIO CITY SIMULATOR.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post
OP's anti krystal argument though
"Krystal... well, she's Krystal. It's more about what she represents rather than what she is. She was never a Star Fox character in the first place. And also, her relationship with Fox was the worst. It felt ridiculously forced. I feel like relationships like this really don't belong in this franchise."

From looking at the comments it looks like you chimed in aswell lol. OPs fanaticism for a single title is tad sad.

"If they want to bring Panther back though, I'm fine, he's cool with me."

"the clunky game that didn't know what it wanted to be and had robot-like voice acting (Assault)"

"Hopefully Miyamoto is also regretting ever saying what he said about Krystal since that was the start of all this crap."

I don't really get how 64 is a holy grail, it was a fun game, but if you want that game, go play that game? every title doesn't need to be that title.

Hell the guy goes on to thinking a guardians of the galaxy reference would "make everyone smile" no thank you, games should keep to games.

I'm just glad that this guys ideals are hella dated just like his worshipped title
Dated to the point it's no longer valid, not like it was anyway. What I found amusing was how upon Zero failing that it threw everything that was said back then out the window, which was why II said in previous how it actually benefitted the series by causing a backlash toward 64 and more appreciation toward its Gamecube installments

Bit of a heads up, this is kind of strong but gets the point across

I dont even know what he's' talking about with Miyamoto and Krystal, but his claim of her not being a real star fox character is petty since while I know she was from a different title, the conversion made her into one so you cant really whine about that unless you're somehow still upset over a game being obtained entirely by Nintendo. Not to mention how completely old that is now.

MOD EDIT: Don't link images that contain words that would be taken down by auto-censor

Last edited by a moderator:

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Dated to the point it's no longer valid, not like it was anyway. What I found amusing was how upon Zero failing that it threw everything that was said back then out the window, which was why II said in previous how it actually benefitted the series by causing a backlash toward 64 and more appreciation toward its Gamecube installments

I dont even know what he's' talking about with Miyamoto and Krystal, but his claim of her not being a real star fox character is petty since while I know she was from a different title, the conversion made her into one so you cant really whine about that unless you're somehow still upset over a game being obtained entirely by Nintendo. Not to mention how completely old that is now.
Yeah that's funny how that guy got annihilated by straight up facts. Zero got destroyed, by all means. What is Kowa****ai? I am guessing it's super terrible. lol

Also Krystal is very popular in japan, maybe that had a smaller part to play with sales there for Zero. I know several people personally that didn't get the game because she wasn't in it. xD

I actually read that comment... I think that's under the didyouknowgaming youtube video for smash brawl. He is probably right about Dinosaur planet not doing well, but either way I'm satisfied with getting Krystal the way she is, so it's pointless to think about really.

On another positive note I found this a few days ago and I figured you guys would like to see it! Its a Krystal over fox skin and the creator says he's going to add sounds to it. Hopefully he can make it work!
http://gamebanana.com/wips/47020

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman

MOD EDIT: Don't link images that contain words that would be taken down by auto-censor
It's crazy to see 4chan defending krystal, I wouldn't have imagined that. Also censoring is oppression as far as i'm concerned lol, how many kids are on here anyway? 3? this site isn't exactly easy to find.
It also looks like KA is finally gonna mobalize, I still can't get sweeto's attention in his DMs, must be asleep. I was hoping he'd tweet to youtube at e3 because i think miyamoto is watching some of it and they read out tweets, a live, high popularity tweet would have to be chosen.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Guess I messed up there, I honestly didnt know about this censor dodging thing.
WVW69kKS1DIGxVghQD.png

Im serious

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Well mario + rabbids is 100% real, and has been in works for a while.
Miyamoto had an interesting tidbit with the one directive for the team on the game.
"Whatever you do don't try to make a jump game or a platformer, make a mario game that has been never made before"
This means that starfox will likely go elsewhere and that he hasn't completely lost his mind. pretty interesting tidbits from reggie and miyamoto both so far. So our directional theories may hold water yet.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Also censoring is oppression as far as i'm concerned lol, how many kids are on here anyway? 3? this site isn't exactly easy to find.
Some of the screenshots did contain a slur. Just edit them in Paint or something and put a black box over the words that need censored.
I'm glad that Krystal can finally be free of the scapegoat bs. She better come back into the games now that people actually realise Assault was the best direction for the series.

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
Krystal would be pretty good, she is in demand to be put into Smash.

I really want her in the game. Practically every Star Fox character is a clone of Fox in Smash (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm assuming they would do that with her, too. Also, Wolf was in Brawl so I'm surprised Krystal hasn't really been mentioned as much (I think she's slightly more popular too). I don't see why she shouldn't be in Smash.

I would love for her to be in the game!

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Some of the screenshots did contain a slur. Just edit them in Paint or something and put a black box over the words that need censored.
I'm glad that Krystal can finally be free of the scapegoat bs. She better come back into the games now that people actually realise Assault was the best direction for the series.
There's pretty limited reasons to not bring her back, none of them are really that good. We'll have to see who miyamoto picks for the title, I'm still betting on Plat, though it being done bandai namco would be excellent seeing as they did assault and are the ones supposedly working on the new smash. Miyamoto calls starfox zero "the most underappreciated wii u title" so he did enjoy the game and didn't think plat did badly i'd imagine with that info.

Krystal would be pretty good, she is in demand to be put into Smash.

I really want her in the game. Practically every Star Fox character is a clone of Fox in Smash (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm assuming they would do that with her, too. Also, Wolf was in Brawl so I'm surprised Krystal hasn't really been mentioned as much (I think she's slightly more popular too). I don't see why she shouldn't be in Smash.

I would love for her to be in the game!
She's a pretty sought after pick if you consider nintendo first party IP, and her kit basis is toted around with her staff, making her a clone is a no go, that's why we got wolf to begin with.

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
Hey team!
Okay so wow, I thought that Nintendo Spotlight was super impressive, how about you guys?

Now is a VERY important time to comment our support for Star Fox and Krystal. Remember to not seem like you are complaining/ungrateful/spamming about lack of Star Fox, rather that you are happy with the announcements and you wish to see Krystal and Star Fox return soon :)

And remember to go through and 'like' as many Star Fox related comments you can find, I promise that Top Rated comments really will make a big impression here.
Here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2mZS_p4A7Y&lc=z12ejzrgkomcgvpbb04cixiwmprtevajmpc0k

Good luck team! It's now or never!

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Hey team!
Okay so wow, I thought that Nintendo Spotlight was super impressive, how about you guys?

Now is a VERY important time to comment our support for Star Fox and Krystal. Remember to not seem like you are complaining/ungrateful/spamming about lack of Star Fox, rather that you are happy with the announcements and you wish to see Krystal and Star Fox return soon :)

And remember to go through and 'like' as many Star Fox related comments you can find, I promise that Top Rated comments really will make a big impression here.
Here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2mZS_p4A7Y&lc=z12ejzrgkomcgvpbb04cixiwmprtevajmpc0k

Good luck team! It's now or never!
ive been on the stream spamming krystal support... just fyi!

I am ready to jump on any extra support. and I am rechecking all those videos for more comments to upvote and making my own!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Samus made a big comeback so there's hope for Star Fox yet.

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
ive been on the stream spamming krystal support... just fyi!

I am ready to jump on any extra support. and I am rechecking all those videos for more comments to upvote and making my own!
That's what we want!!
I hope everyone else is able to get on board like this too!
It really seems like Nintendo is listening to their fans now more than EVER, especially with TWO new Metroid games. I'm feeling even more hopeful for Star Fox's return to greatness as well as Krystal's too.

Let's go team! Make our voices heard.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
That's what we want!!
I hope everyone else is able to get on board like this too!
It really seems like Nintendo is listening to their fans now more than EVER, especially with TWO new Metroid games. I'm feeling even more hopeful for Star Fox's return to greatness as well as Krystal's too.

Let's go team! Make our voices heard.
We've got this, let's get those comments and upvotes going

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but I mean exactly what stream? Twitch? Youtube? I kinda been watching all of E3 off Twitch is why I ask.
I was doing youtube and had someone from KA doing twitch. I don't think it's really profitable to do it when they're talking about specific games. it's probably better to just load up the spotlight on youtube and upvote all the krystal comments/make your own atm.

Edit - a good time for us to strike would probably during a game that could have her in it. atm it's just going to be viewed as spamming and not relevant to whats going on. so comments is probably best to invest in atm.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I was doing youtube and had someone from KA doing twitch. I don't think it's really profitable to do it when they're talking about specific games. it's probably better to just load up the spotlight on youtube and upvote all the krystal comments/make your own atm.

Edit - a good time for us to strike would probably during a game that could have her in it. atm it's just going to be viewed as spamming and not relevant to whats going on. so comments is probably best to invest in atm.
We should also try tweeting to nintendo of america since they in some manner read the twitter, asking about Krystal and starfox continually

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Copy pasting for the stream chat is ok? I cant think of what else to say, in fact should there be ideal things to say for anyone new here?

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Copy pasting for the stream chat is ok? I cant think of what else to say, in fact should there be ideal things to say for anyone new here?
I was just saying something relating to smash and krystal or Star fox and spamming it every 10-30 seconds so its not too spammy
people hate that.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I was just saying something relating to smash and krystal or Star fox and spamming it every 10-30 seconds so its not too spammy
people hate that.
Nobody reads stream chat lol, also it would seem youtube is doing well, though someone is accussing them of being bots for some reason??

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Pauline came back in a big way too. If DK's Damsel could make the jump to signer AND Mayor of New Donk, then imagine how far Krystal could possibly go.

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Nobody reads stream chat lol, also it would seem youtube is doing well, though someone is accussing them of being bots for some reason??
True... if the stream chat was recorded it would have been pivotal, but it's not. lol

Yeah I don't really know if we can do anything about the bots thing... even though were clearly not bots. I have actually been holding conversations with people about krystal and smash on there.
Pauline came back in a big way too. If DK's Damsel could make the jump to signer AND Mayor of New Donk, then imagine how far Krystal could possibly go.
That is a good point Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 I didn't even think about that. Krystal definitely could see a glorious return to fame soon! :)

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
well this is wonderous, we were doing so well then all the comments appear to be being witheld, damn it youtube this is some heavy opposition

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
So a little off subject, remember that stuff I w as talking about a plot and this new team that shows up? Well I got a little bored and made these. Kinda messed up a little with Fara as shes covered up by Fays bow, that and spelling allies wrong. What happens when you do this at a late hour

20170614_002840.jpg 20170614_002847.jpg

well this is wonderous, we were doing so well then all the comments appear to be being witheld, damn it youtube this is some heavy opposition
Would reposting these comments help? I dont mean literally copy paste them, I mean like giving the same kind of feeback? I dont know if jordansweeto jordansweeto would but...

Last edited:

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
I still see a LOT of our comments on the video.
I'm really proud of us, most of the comments I've seen have more than 70+ upvotes, clearly there are others out there in the community who strongly agree with our opinions and support for Star Fox (particularly the Assault formula) and Krystal.

Keep uniting our support and we will continue to make an impression on Nintendo, there's NO doubt that they have seen some of our comments on the E3 video.
Very exciting. They are bringing back Metroid and characters like Pauline from the original Donkey Kong game, Nintendo ARE listening!

If we keep this support up I can see them potentially revisiting the Star Fox series in a couple years from now. And if the most popular opinion continues to be
'make it more like Assault' Nintendo will keep that in mind!!

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I still see a LOT of our comments on the video.
I'm really proud of us, most of the comments I've seen have more than 70+ upvotes, clearly there are others out there in the community who strongly agree with our opinions and support for Star Fox (particularly the Assault formula) and Krystal.

Keep uniting our support and we will continue to make an impression on Nintendo, there's NO doubt that they have seen some of our comments on the E3 video.
Very exciting. They are bringing back Metroid and characters like Pauline from the original Donkey Kong game, Nintendo ARE listening!

If we keep this support up I can see them potentially revisiting the Star Fox series in a couple years from now. And if the most popular opinion continues to be
'make it more like Assault' Nintendo will keep that in mind!!
Log out of your account and look, that's what everyone else will see, they're definitely gone from my end

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Log out of your account and look, that's what everyone else will see, they're definitely gone from my end
jordansweeto jordansweeto he's correct on this, I noticed a sudden change on the top comments after the few hours I saw the support posts. It might be a good idea to make them again without really copy pasting them, so it's not obviously spam.

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
jordansweeto jordansweeto he's correct on this, I noticed a sudden change on the top comments after the few hours I saw the support posts. It might be a good idea to make them again without really copy pasting them, so it's not obviously spam.
You guys can delete your old posts and re-post similar support if you'd like then I guess, just don't post more than one comment each otherwise that really would be spam.

I'm sure Nintendo has seen our support today and there are plenty other Star Fox related Top Comments on the video so I think we did a great job today.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Very interesting, the top comments appear to have changed, i didn't notice it earlier but there was a comment with 1167 upvotes approximately that's no longer there aswell, but the comment about bots is still there, maybe it'll get cycled out aswell? it's almost like there's no way to secure them, which i don't understand, there's a bunch of new comments.

I highlighted my comment and logged out, I can still see the comment, if the comment was blocked of for spam then i shouldn't be able to see it i'd imagine, hey sweeto link me your original highest rated comment.

Last edited:

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
Very interesting, the top comments appear to have changed, i didn't notice it earlier but there was a comment with 1167 upvotes approximately that's no longer there aswell, but the comment about bots is still there, maybe it'll get cycled out aswell? it's almost like there's no way to secure them, which i don't understand, there's a bunch of new comments.

I highlighted my comment and logged out, I can still see the comment, if the comment was blocked of for spam then i shouldn't be able to see it i'd imagine, hey sweeto link me your original highest rated comment.
Here is my comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2mZS_p4A7Y&lc=z12hfx2jjyzifv2ii04cg3lbwxfcfpmijgw

For very popular videos I have seen the Top Comments change a lot and be cycled around, don't worry too much. The channel owner should be able to see all of our support.
It's important for us to send a steady flow of support over time rather than have random spikes in support anyways, that way our voices are constantly there for Nintendo to hear. They know what the fans want and the demand remains, you know?

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
All right thanks... I get anxious pretty easily heh heh... The current events seem to agree with you, Is there a way to keep the comments staying up for her? Hopefully it should spread to around the net.

On another note reddit seems to be setting up AMAs with people for questions to ask them ontop of the questions they already have planned, i wonder if they're different, not sure but we should jump at the chance if they manage to nab the legendary miyamoto

Top Bottom