• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
yep. I obtained it right as it became available. I wish I could have traded it for a high price since it was so new xD

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Im double posting dont kill me.

So the whole steam pipe thing came out and I actually think its pretty nice. re downloading all my stuff was easy and the game stuff loads super fast.

I just need help installing stabbys scripts, and then making them so they dont carry over to other classes. where do I put them?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
This place is dead, I wouldn't worry about doubleposting.

As for class scripts, you need to find the directory, it should look something like this.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\custom

In "custom", create a new folder called "userstuff" (whatever you want, really). In there, you can paste your cfg, resource, and scripts to get your configs and whichever HUD you use.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Thanks. I got it all figured out.

Sucks this place is dead, I started playing tf2 a few months ago and am really enjoying it. I think It would be cool to play with other smashers. Ive only played with uli and vinyl a little bit.

M@v

Subarashii!
your more than free to add me (pghmav is my steam). I'm in an active TF2 clan so you'll either see me or our clan servers active.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I'd join you when you play vinyl but your always in a 2fort 24 7 server :/

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
How do you change the viewmodel fov for a replay. Mine is fine in game but in the replay editor its really far away

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Im using the replay editor.

It never used to be like this. It just all of a sudden decided to be all messed up :/

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787

So, here's things I'll just list ever since I got on steam and got tf2, on a macbook.

• John2k4 helped me into getting all privileges as equal to an original steam user, as well as upgrading me to premium. I feel like I still owe him more than a giant bag of "Thank You".
  • I've realized that Ultimario is, apparently, the maker of TF20 (a.k.a. TF2x10). I didn't notice until Last month, and I have to say......holy ****, I have a curious mind to see what he does.
  • I've been playing a lot better than usual. Not as good, but I'm loving the Few of the Trickstabs and Headshots I've done.
  • I'm seriously considering going competitive, but not with a macbook, unless they allow it, which would make me somewhat amused.
  • Penguin, owner of TF2 Shop, has made me an administrator of the steam group, as well as a moderator on his new forum site.
  • I've been recruited by The Edge-Gamers Organization, the one group where a competitive player named "Wilson!!" (who made it into eXtv's MoG series). There's another one who writes for eXtv, but I'm not gonna talk more about it.
  • Got bionic, john, mav, ulti, and brickbox as friends. I just wish there was a time to make an event specifically for ourselves.
  • Something, something......chris' fps config bothers me way too much, lol.
Anyways, brickbox's making moneys by making avatars for people he doesn't know. As far as I know, he just received a strange watch. We were talking about that during chat. Now, I'm just intending to also provide screenshots of each and every chat I have with people, because most of it is downright ****ing amusing. Last but not least, Valve's Robin Walker and the TF Team is intending to make a competitive lobby system in-game for tf2 after they talked with eXtv's Salamancer, who I was playing with a lot in CSN servers. http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/8952/1#post-132283

M@v

Subarashii!
First, gif is amazing.
2nd, I've heard about the comp lobby rumors as well.
3, ulti you never told me you actually created tf2 x10. I saw you wearing the tags but never put 2 and 2 together.

Also, I've mentioned this to you all already, but you are all more than welcome to join up in my clans servers and chill on our website:
http://www.stoogegaming.com/content.php

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Another thing I'd like to add in.

I love love looooooooooooooove, this hud. This is the omphud, in case you aren't aware. But right now, I think I just found another, and I might......cheat on my current one for it. Here's the link to the new hud in beta, from the maker of the KNHUD, the new BXHUD!

http://www.rdyup.org/huds/#bx-images

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I do plugin development for Ulti's TF2x10's stuff now and work on TFF servers still :< (I did Saxton Hale + tf2x10 though!) I think I'm gonna quit tf2 soon.

Also, eve hud.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
So for some reason I cant install a rocket launcher skin? I know how to install skins and I have weapon skins, but on my rocket launcher it always shows default. Its bugging me Ive tried many different skins and nothing shows. help?

M@v

Subarashii!
Probably because of the file rework update that happened a couple months ago. The way files were stored in tf2 was completely changed, which as a side effect, stopped all textures designed to work with the old storage way to stop working.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
it made textures easy install though. I have many that work great but I can't get any rocket launcher ones to work :l I just learned how to edit the textures so I want to put my username on the side of the rl .

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I wouldn't really bother with putting textures other than modifying the hitsounds. The quake hitsound is most preferred, I believe?​

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I just like a few simple textures. like put "B[]x" on the side of my eternal reward and stuff like that.

also where do I find the default textures for tf2 weapons? I have GCFscape and I'm pretty sure the files are in a .vpk somewhere I just don't know where.
It was easy to get to them before steam pipe, but now I have no idea where they are.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm loving my current rank right now. My spy play is paying off at last.

Going #1 in orlando sooner or later too.

And I'm playing this on a ****ing macbook. Couldn't be any prouder.

vZakat

Half Genie
Now that I finally have a decent computer, I started playing this game. Are there any tips y'all could give to a person that is new to shooters on the PC?

D

Deleted member

Welp, I stopped playing for awhile because my computer sucks balls (still does, in fact.) But I got about 2 unusuals, 14 keys, and a lot of other ****, so you can say I've put a lot into the game.

I've also got about 2,300 hours, too.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Now that I finally have a decent computer, I started playing this game. Are there any tips y'all could give to a person that is new to shooters on the PC?
Ok first off nice sig! :D
Second you gonna wanna find a class you most interested in and spend time with that class the most. Of course with this being "Team fortress 2" Ur prob gonna wanna pick up another class just to ensure that you are always being beneficial to the team and using ur best and most treasured class at the same time :)
For example, I main spy but secondary Medic. Those 2 classes are the most intriguing to me and are my 2 best classes as well, but i always know when to switch to any other class given im in a situation where there are 3 Medics or Spies XD.

Top Bottom