• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team FLORIDA

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
So brawl is gonna be big obviously. Hopefully Florida will once again own. So I saw something in a thread that I thought would be an awesome idea. Just post in the thread giving yes or no, and a reasoning on this. Remember this is just and idea I'd like to have happen.

Team FLORIDA will be a crew of 10 people who will travel and compete against other crews in Florida/USA. There will be an extra 5 spots for subs. Subs fill in if a main player is out or cant attend the crew match.

Requirements(the more of these that apply to you the higher your chances):

1. Must be able to travel out of city or state. And be able to fork over some money if needed. Don't let this be your biggest problem about being on the team, as sometimes the team won't make it to EVERY OOS event lol.

2. You need to be able to work as a TEAM and HELP each other out, along with following the team leaders instructions. We represent the state of Florida. :)

3. You need to be reliable. Do not try out if you KNOW you have school/parties/drugs/GFs that will get in the way all the time.

4. Be a good sport!

5. Must be good.(Obviously)

to sum it up, this is basically going to be Florida's team for going to Big tourneys and representing FL in the smash community.

After the team has been assembled, we will probably start hold tourneys and stuff to help get together some sum of money, kinda like a fund raiser thing.

</discuss>

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I would do this if I was a more reliable traveler.

It reminds me of the Harlem Globetrotters, but its like the Floridian United Statestrotters.

I might be a good choice for a back up.

This makes me think about FAST1.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
2. Must place at least 13th in any of the past big Florida tourneys or at Gigabits this week(last chance before tryouts). I do this because i don't want 80 people trying to get 7 spots. It would take forever.

3. You gotta have a main. None of this "i use everybody" crap. That will get you no where in smash. Its only worked for Azen.
I'm down for the idea except for these two criteria. It shouldn't matter if someone has an actual main or not, as long as they are ****. In fact, character diversity is a GOOD thing, so this shouldn't be a stipulation. Plus, people can just lie and say they have main to be able to try out.

Also, for placing, I think that it is also irrelevant for who should try out. Most likely people who haven't placed well won't be top 5 anyway, and if they somehow do then we have some previously undiscovered talent. Perhaps they hadn't entered a singles brawl tourny before, but are still really good. Everyone should get a shot.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I had the money to do so, and no school/other responsibilities then I'd love to just travel,play smash, and meet people A LA forward!!!

Would be so fun!!!

Plus this idea is dumb because FL's best has never had the money or means to travel much (in melee) and I don't see it happening in brawl either!!!

I don't see us ever being able to accurately represent FL OOS AKA all of our best travel to a big tourney!!!

People should just go to what they want/can go to, doesn't need to be some organization/team that tries to go to every big OOS tourney that pops up!!!

This idea also makes it sound like if someone not on this "team" goes to a tourney the "team" goes to, than they wouldn't be worthy of representing FL!!!

:colorful:

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I'm down for the idea except for these two criteria. It shouldn't matter if someone has an actual main or not, as long as they are ****. In fact, character diversity is a GOOD thing, so this shouldn't be a stipulation. Plus, people can just lie and say they have main to be able to try out.

Also, for placing, I think that it is also irrelevant for who should try out. Most likely people who haven't placed well won't be top 5 anyway, and if they somehow do then we have some previously undiscovered talent. Perhaps they hadn't entered a singles brawl tourny before, but are still really good. Everyone should get a shot.
You hold two very good points. I'll get to changing that up now.

As for sponsors which somebody has mentioned, getting gigabits to sponsor us may just help us get OOS easier. Actually, now that I think about it, they would be a perfect sponsor.

@ QDVS, yeah, you have a good point too. I forgot FL is a busy/lazy smasher state, but I wanna try and get this to work somehow. And about the rep FL thing you said, I don't really see how that would leave people out, since literally everybody in FL knows everybody, and are all pretty much friendly with each other from what I've seen.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Good way to bring ur state together C@sh Mooney, i might have to steal your idea kind sir.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
If I had the money to do so, and no school/other responsibilities then I'd love to just travel,play smash, and meet people A LA forward!!!

Would be so fun!!!

Plus this idea is dumb because FL's best has never had the money or means to travel much (in melee) and I don't see it happening in brawl either!!!

I don't see us ever being able to accurately represent FL OOS AKA all of our best travel to a big tourney!!!

People should just go to what they want/can go to, doesn't need to be some organization/team that tries to go to every big OOS tourney that pops up!!!

This idea also makes it sound like if someone not on this "team" goes to a tourney the "team" goes to, than they wouldn't be worthy of representing FL!!!

:colorful:
So many exclamation points...

Queen, the idea sounded more like putting together a 5-man crew for crew battles, although I don't really know. If it's for sending to tournies, I feel like we should just have every Floridian going to an OOS tourny Team Florida, like at Pound 3 when we all got together for that picture.

Good times, good times...

Edit: Just read the first post again, saw this was for tournies. /bad reading comprehension

Gingerr

Smash Lord
If I was at all reliable (I'm in college) and not a broke ***** I would be all over this, except for the fact that I'm kind of bad at the game.

Can I be the cheerleader?

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
So many exclamation points...

Queen, the idea sounded more like putting together a 5-man crew for crew battles, although I don't really know. If it's for sending to tournies, I feel like we should just have every Floridian going to an OOS tourny Team Florida, like at Pound 3 when we all got together for that picture.

Good times, good times...

Edit: Just read the first post again, saw this was for tournies. /bad reading comprehension
nah, not really just for tourneys. can be anything in general lol. I don't want the team just to do smash. I would want us to do other stuff, like see movies and ****, etc.

If I was at all reliable (I'm in college) and not a broke ***** I would be all over this, except for the fact that I'm kind of bad at the game.

Can I be the cheerleader?
It's all good

lol, smash cheerleading sounds pro as hell hahaha

Frames

DI
If you want to raise money to go to big OOS tourneys, you could do "funding" tournaments, where people pay as usual, but less money to enter, and it would be like a series of tournaments, and at the end, the top 5/10/whatever who are the most consistent get the money put in like an account or something to be used for airfare/housing/snax/etc. It could work I guess, but it would be hard to organize. Just a thought.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
This idea sounds pretty cool especially for the huge tournaments during school breaks. I would join but maybe in another year or so and if there's actually someone needed for the team by that time (and if I actually place good for once).

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
I've been chillin with FIU alot and they are all pretty cool.
Galeon wouldnt talk to me before i knew him but once you talk to him its like DAYYYYYYYYYUMMMMMMMMMMMM THIS KID IS HELLA COOL.

And hes so **** good to hes beaten me every time we've met at a tourney.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I like this idea actually, its good stuff. I agree with Raistlin's points about numbers 2 and 3 in the original post. All together, a good idea. Just gotta find people who are willing to travel often

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
Angry lobster lets do it man. Me and you. Mario and Snake bro just imagine what we can do. I'll throw a grenade int he air and you can Fludd it toward them they will be like WTF JUST HAPPENED.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Ginger, maybe theres a place in the middle of the two of our areas we can all meet up and play at...

any ideas?
Hmm, you guys are like, Miami, right? Well, assuming such, unfortunately I don't know of many places that are a gaming center. I mean, there's always ZP, I don't know how close/far that is for you guys, but it's a good like, 40-45 minutes for us I think. I don't know, we should definitely try to arrange something though.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
We should all talk at Gigs and work something out, since I certainly don't call the shots for the crew lol

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
If you guys can get to ZP, give me a day and time (anytime after 4 on any day) and we can make it.

Their open till 6am, so we can stay out as long as we're allowed to lol

u get the idea,

just IM me (this goes for anyone from nexus)
my s/n is Seibrik

lemme hear from u

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
I really don't see this idea going anywhere...
People aren't responsible/reliable enough for this, lol.

It is a good IDEA though.

Equi

Smash Ace
I'm going to try out and would be proud to represent Team Florida. It's also a great opportunity to experience different playing styles outside of state as well.

So yeah, Ima do what it takes and I personally believe FL isn't as scrubby as we think, hell, we're the only state that basically uses Meta Knight spam strategy, I mean it's in other states but it's very rare and unspoken of if you read the forums lmao.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
God I lol'd at the Neville Chamberlain comment on that hahahaha

and wtf at ATP actually making sense in that article.

Guys, first post has been updated with info.

Top Bottom