• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789

Okay.
proving my point even more that if yoshi's tongue, with that much mass, went that fast it wouldDISINTERGRATE.
Not to mention, this brings up another point.. What if yoshi whiffs that tongue, and with a mass that large going that fast(assuming it doesn't disintegrate) hits the ground?
**** Yoshi.

Also Paya, that fox link says it all.
1cm

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Okay.
proving my point even more that if yoshi's tongue, with that much mass, went that fast it wouldDISINTERGRATE.
Not to mention, this brings up another point.. What if yoshi whiffs that tongue, and with a mass that large going that fast(assuming it doesn't disintegrate) hits the ground?
**** Yoshi.

Darnit you forgot your Sprite AGAIN!
Anyway, THIS is what I'm saying. Thank you for not letting Payas figure it out but w/e.
Payas if they are far away, then Yoshi's tongue would go longer which gives more time to disenagrate.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789

Darnit you forgot your Sprite AGAIN!
Anyway, THIS is what I'm saying. Thank you for not letting Payas figure it out but w/e.
Payas if they are far away, then Yoshi's tongue would go longer which gives more time to disenagrate.

I know.
Another point:
If yoshi moved his tongue that fast, even if it being six inches, the energy behind said tongue would bne so great yoshi couldn't control it, therefore having the tongue sent down into the ground, probably killing from impact, sending him flying.
Conclusion: Yoshi's tongue doesn't go 3,892 mph.

Salem

Smash Champion
You guys act like dodging a Pro Boxer's punch is, like, the easiest thing ever.

Luigi's just a normal plumber dude that gets heavily overshadowed by his older bro making him less than confident in himself at times.

Last time I checked, only boxers or martial artists can consistently dodge puches that fast.

A guy in his mid-late 20's wouldn't really be able to dodge something as fast as a boxer's punch.
Didn't Luigi do Boxing once?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
You are all ignoring the links.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/InnaSokolyanskaya1.shtml

Space shuttles travel as fast as 7860 meters per second. Thats 17 582 mph.

You are all making up stuff now.
What he said.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/SeanManning.shtml

Missiles travel as fast as 3350 m/s.

They don't desintegrate.

The explosives inside do not go off etc etc etc

Also, the people inside said space shuttles do not suddenly desintegrate either.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
You are all ignoring the links.

Space shuttles travel as fast as 7860 meters per second. Thats 17 582 mph.

You are all making up stuff now.

And? The links provide truth for SALAMANDERS!! Since when is yoshi a salamander?

And the spaceship isn't exactly true, because humans, aka organic mass, aren't subjected to the pressures of going 17k mph. Imagine you're being subjected to the pressure and wind of just 2kmph.
You're skin would be torn off.
I don't NEED a link to prove that.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I don't get you. I quote that article and you say I don't know anything about catapults.

I post a link saying exactly what the quote said, and now it is undeniable proof.
*sigh*

Again, the elasticity allows Yoshi to store energy produced by his muscles and release it in one burst.

The less muscle dedication he has, the slower he'll be able to store energy meaning either less force or a slower rate of fire.

The thing is, additional mass requires a larger support system per capita to obtain equivalent force (especially because of factors like increased air resistance).

So, what proof do you have that Yoshi has suffice muscle dedication to obtain the requisite force and rate of fire?

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
The simple fact that salamanders can reach that speed without not desintegrating should be proof enough. Sorry if this offends you, but now you are just being ignorant, blind fanbboys.

And Xepher, people are inside thos shuttles.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
What he said.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/SeanManning.shtml

Missiles travel as fast as 3350 m/s.

They don't desintegrate.

The explosives inside do not go off etc etc etc

Also, the people inside said space shuttles do not suddenly desintegrate either.

Okay.
Missiles are made of METAL.
Humans(and dinosaurs/dinomanders if you insist) are made of SKIN.
Try finding the mph at which point skin will blow off bones.
Then find the wind for when metal(particularly the metal used for missiles)will start to be blown apart by wind.
There's no contest.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
The simple fact that salamanders can reach that speed without not desintegrating should be proof enough. Sorry if this offends you, but now you are just being ignorant, blind fanbboys.

I hate Luigi. I am not a fanboy lol really.
I main Samus and I hate the Metroid series. Does that make me a fanboy of Metroid?

And 1. The Shuttle is more protected and 2. Yoshi's tongue is ATTACHED to something.
Xeph I ninja'd you so bad that I practically got behind you and killed you.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
*sigh*

Again, the elasticity allows Yoshi to store energy produced by his muscles and release it in one burst.

The less muscle dedication he has, the slower he'll be able to store energy meaning either less force or a slower rate of fire.

The thing is, additional mass requires a larger support system per capita to obtain equivalent force (especially because of factors like increased air resistance).

So, what proof do you have that Yoshi has suffice muscle dedication to obtain the requisite force and rate of fire?

The huge noggin Yoshi has?

It looks like it has enough space to store bigger muscles below the tongue (?)

And guys, if the salamander can do it, then I guess that's proof enough. Don't make me repeat myself like in the ZSS vs CF MU...please!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The huge noggin Yoshi has?

It looks like it has enough space to store bigger muscles below the tongue (?)

Actually, it's not much considering how large a tongue we're talking about, both in length and overall area. (it's a lot thicker then a salamander's tongue relatively, and definitely thicker then a whip.

Considering the considerable addittional dedication I would highly advise toning done your estimates to something more reasonable.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789

Sorry if this offends you, but that's just bias.
Answer my question.
If you're subjected to the pressure of traveling at 2000mph, what will happen to you?
Also, salamanders can reach that speed because their tongue probably weighs less then a gram.
F=ma
HYPOTHETICALLY
if acceleration is a constant at 10k
And the mass of a salamanders tongue is .5 grams, then
f=10k x .5, so force = 5k. Let's say this is withstandable by the human body.
Now, if the mass of a salamanders tongue is .5 grams. That's .001 of a pound.
Now, if Yoshi's tongue can go a foot, and at the tip is the size of a fist, 5 lbs is reasonable.
That's 2,267 g.
F=ma
F=(2,267)(10K)
F=22,670,000.
22,670,000-5000=22,665,000 difference in force.
And 5k is withstandable to the human, or Yoshi body.
22.67 mil is not.

While 10k is a rather large constant for force, you get the point. Due to the mass of yoshi's tongue, the force becomes so large I don't see how he could withstand it.

AND I SAID THIS ALREADY
Being inside the shuttle doesn't mean you are subjected to all of the pressure.
You're in a Car.
This Car is going 80 on the highway.
Do you feel like you're moving 80mph in the car?
No, you don't.
the rocket is going 17k mph.
So you feel like you're going 17kmph? No.
Humans' terminal velocty is 186, I believe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_velocity

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Please stop.

The challenger's speed was 8000 m/s before it crashed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Challenger

There were 7 crew members inside. Are you going to tell me that we would send people in a desintegrating machine?

You are the one that is biased.

WOW
Try READING my posts.
Read my edit on the WoT.
Just because the Shuttle is going 8000m/s doesn't people are subjected to the forces of 8000 m/s.
And I'll stop if you answer my question.
What happens to you if you are Outfitted with a rocket, and sent flying into the air at the speed at which the salamander launches its tongue?
lol your skin rips off
but lol that doesn't happen due to terminal velocity

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski

REL38

Smash Lord
You guys are crazy with all your "facts" and "claims" that I'm blatantly ignoring and only skimming through.

Anyways, Yoshi's tongue can easily work similarly to than of a salamander.

Yoshi's design was meant to be "Dino" and his tongue was meant to be "iguana-ish" in it's application. It makes perfect sense to compare the two.

Pika's physical build was based off of a Ray while his electricity was based on "eel-like" principals. We simply expounded on that.

Same deal with Yoshi. His tongue can work like a salamander; it just needs tweaking to make it work with Yoshi's build.

payasofobia

Smash Champion

WOW
Try READING my posts.
Read my edit on the WoT.
Just because the Shuttle is going 8000m/s doesn't people are subjected to the forces of 8000 m/s.
And I'll stop if you answer my question.
What happens to you if you are Outfitted with a rocket, and sent flying into the air at the speed at which the salamander launches its tongue?
lol your skin rips off
but lol that doesn't happen due to terminal velocity
Well...believe it or not, it happens.

I've got an article written by experts on a subject that was observed in detail and backed by mother nature herself.

Just the fact that it does, means that it happens.

You should listen to him. Stop.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789

Oh, and from this website:http://neurophilosophy.wordpress.com/2007/02/13/the-salamanders-ballistic-tongue/

the website said:
The salamander is able to do this because of an elaborate tongue skeleton and specialized tongue muscles. Whereas the tongue skeleton of other salamanders is located in the floor of the mouth, that of plethodontid salamanders has elongated cartilage elements which extend back over the shoulders. The skeleton contains a tuning fork-shaped cartilage structure which is derived from the visceral skeleton that supported the gill arches of the salamander’s ancient ancestor. The forked ends of this structure taper to a thin point at the back of the mouth; the tapered ends are surrounded by specialized ring-shaped tongue protractor muscles, which are so large that they are visible as bulges in the side of the salamander’s body

Show me the bulges.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski

Why doesn't a salamanders tongue burn with its speed
Put that into Google.com
:D

There ya go Xeph
BTW that's not Canon

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Well...believe it or not, it happens.

I've got an article written by experts on a subject that was observed in detail and backed by mother nature herself.

Just the fact that it does, means that it happens.

You should listen to him. Stop.

You're forgetting one pressure: WIND.
You didn't answer my question. If you are outfitted with said rocket and launched at the speed of the salamanders tongue. Your skin will be ripped off. Don't deny that.
You feel the GRAVITATIONAL forces in the rocket. But you don't feel the wind. The air resistance caused by the size of yoshi's tongue would rip it apart.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
People inside a shuttle would not be effective by the air resistence, just the g forces, it's air-tight remember?

Again,, where is Yoshi producing the force for a tongue that size, the mario sunshine one, I don't think he can fit that in his mouth.

If you keep posting material like that I may be convinced that Luigi wins.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
People inside a shuttle would not be effective by the air resistence, just the g forces, it's air-tight remember?

Again,, where is Yoshi producing the force for a tongue that size, the mario sunshine one, I don't think he can fit that in his mouth.

This

payasofobia

Smash Champion

I repeated myself many times with that issue. Realisticaly, a tongue THAT long is not going to fit in his mouth.

That's why I said: make it realisticaly shorter.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I repeated myself many times with that issue. Realisticaly, tongue THAT long is not going to fit in his mouth.

That's why I said: make it realisticaly shorter.

Why not make it that Porkey is REALISTICALLY young?
Why not make it that Charizard is just small enough to REALISTICALLY fly?
Why not make it that Captain Falcon has a REALISTICALLY good gun?
WHY NOT MAKE JIGGLYPUFF REALISTICALLY REALISTIC?

Top Bottom