• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Party Crashers get in here.

Jelley

Smash Cadet
Edit:

GUYS!!! I have found out how to break up any taunt party by disconnecting them!!!!! In the waiting room, you know how at the bottom of the screen there are 3 squares (1 for each of the three other players) that display their status (selecting stage, selecting character, etc)? Well when in the waiting room, dropout by pressing start and pressing the button commands (L+R+A+Start or whatever the commands are for your controller) when it says they are all brawling on their status square. You can't press start when it says they are brawling, the game doesn't want you to dropout at this time because it knows it will disconnect everybody. So how do you manage to press start when it says they are brawling? Press Start before it says they are brawling (the option to dropout will remain there unless you un-paused) and then dropout when it says they are all brawling, everyone will disconnect!

So basically all you have to do is play one game with them and then wait for them to get into the practice room (wait until their status says brawling) and then dropout and everyone disconnects!! You will always get the last laugh!!! I hope all that made sense, because this will be useful for all the jerks aka taunt party participants.

(end of edit)

This thread is for all the people who hate taunt parties, the people who just want to play a few regular brawl matches the way a Brawl should be without: people running away, people wanting to taunting the whole match, teaming up on you because you play the game properly, etc. Taunt parties and people who participate in them are cancer to Wifi. They make Wifi worse than what it actually is.

In this topic we shall discuss tactics against people who participate in taunt parties, stories about your taunt party crashing, video of crashing taunt parties, and maybe even specific events to get together on Basic Brawl to ruin taunt parties.

Is anyone here with me?

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Check the guide thread for details

If you haven't already, check out the thread titled Rolling taunt parties one room at a time; A Guide. It's a great resource with lots of useful tips and strategies.

My advice as a mostly dedicated fighter (or "crasher", if you will) is to actually go undercover as a pacifist. Don't take sides at first if a fight does erupt among the others. Study them for a few rounds to see what they do. You'll find there are various types out there, ranging from true pacifists to spectators to glitchers to teamers. The pacifists, spectators, and glitchers usually aren't the problem, and they tend to be the better players from what I have observed. The teamers are the bullies just looking for fights, but their only power is in their numbers. Fight them 1-on-1 and you soon find out that most of the teamers aren't that good at all. Anyway be patient, watch them for a few matches, study their weaknesses, and find out what makes them tick. It's up to you on when you decide to show your true colors as a crasher, but experiment around. Always remember that when you are going undercover as one of them, the element of surprise is on your side. Don't blow the opportunity too early.

Grab a smashball, act nice for a while, then pwn the whole group in the final half-minute, leaving little to no time for them to fight back. Then leave. It annoys them to no end. Come back as a different character in case you run into the same group and repeat the process all over again. Or you could stick around and fight them if you are feeling confident. Just know that you are not alone, and sometimes you'll watch someone else try to crash. Help them out when this happens, and see if you can turn it into a 2v2. I could write a whole thread devoted to various tactics ranging from fair play to downright cheapness, but this post and the other thread should get you started on the right track. Don't let them get to you; Make sure you get inside their heads and get to them.

:phone:

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Up A, up A, 'Nado, baby, MK's gonna take it home.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Eh, I guess you can count me as a party crasher. I rarely go on BB now but when/if I do, I'm a crasher. Wonder how long this thread will last though. :ohwell:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Replays? Numerous. Ability to upload? Another story.

If someone actually uploads a vid of crashing a TP, this might get attention.
I often crash taunt parties successfully, though that's really not saying much since the taunters are often bad anyway. If you're genuinely interested in some, I can dig through my 3000+ replays of online matches to see which ones are ones where I crashed the parties. I think I had a +8 score in one from a couple years ago. My only options at the moment would be to either send them over the Wii or to plug an SD card into my PC and find the relevant data file in the rp directory.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I often crash taunt parties successfully, though that's really not saying much since the taunters are often bad anyway. If you're genuinely interested in some, I can dig through my 3000+ replays of online matches to see which ones are ones where I crashed the parties. I think I had a +8 score in one from a couple years ago. My only options at the moment would be to either send them over the Wii or to plug an SD card into my PC and find the relevant data file in the rp directory.

if you add me to my friends list you can send me 3 replays a day or reset your internal clock and send as many as you and i can record them

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I really hate when people do that crap. I only play friend matches online now because of this. I'll still go in sometimes, but it's so annoying and I usually get angry pretty quickly.

There's really no point to doing it because it's not as if there's a ranking system on SSBB where it keeps track of wins and losses, so why would anybody play the game other than to play the game? It's frustrating to say the least...

All in all Nintendo's online is somewhat of a fail, but that's a different topic for another day.

One thing I would like to point out though, is they should have more playlists such as a 1v1 playlist, etc. That would be a lot of fun...

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
If you want to brawl, go to team battle or add some friends. Basic Brawl is for taunt parties and will always be for taunt parties.
I am sure if you participated in a taunt party a few times, you would like it.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Not when im on watch. I punish the zeldas and links with smashes and most of them cant recover.

sturrz

Smash Rookie
Yeah... I don't believe anyone honestly "enjoys" taunt parties Zelda, you guys stand about as video game characters in a game that provides next to no way to communicate with the other people in the room, basically doing the opposite of what the game intends you to do.

If you get to the point where Taunt Parties seem appealing, buy a new game and move on.

But yeah, "crashing", or playing the game normally as I call it , is pretty fun.

Had a yellow Kirby taunter hiding at the edge who would just swallow-drop people who messed with him, so the Bowser/Ganon in the room just suicide-dropped him repeatedly then we fought in the upper level of Temple and Final Smashed him whenever we got one :D much fun.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
If you want to brawl, go to team battle or add some friends. Basic Brawl is for taunt parties and will always be for taunt parties.
I am sure if you participated in a taunt party a few times, you would like it.
Considering that I run into more fights than taunt parties on BB, I'd say taunt parties aren't the only thing to see in BB. There are plenty of people willing to have a good 1v1 or even the occassional free 4 all, if your lucky.

miharuka

Smash Cadet
I love Taunt parties!! ^-^
It's really fun, but I have to admit..
It gets bored if you do it too much.
And also when there is no Crasher.
I think Taunt parties enjoy you Crashers and just wait till a Crasher comes in the battle.
Even though I did it too sometimes and I still do it sometimes, I think it's pretty unfair to team up on a Crasher.
Altough the Taunters can be weak, I wouldn't like it if everyone teams up against me.
But, I'm just wondering..
Are there Crashers who actually enjoy the 3 against 1 thing?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
There are those crashers that won't give up until they finally win a round and will most likely leave or stay when it it is 3 vs 1. It depends on the skill level of the crasher and the others. Usually really good ones will have no problem handling being teamed on. The more impatience and average or worst players will leave or D/C the room. Or some that will try to turn on items to have the advantage.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I have never seen a taunt party crasher win, sometimes, they can get a sudden death, but they always lose. And there are some terrible players who crash taunt parties and they keep staying even though their losing.

Taunt parties are fun. I like to pick a girl character and taunt next to a boy character. Once I chose Peach and there was a Mario, and we were standing next to each other the whole match, and whenever someone tried to get in between us, we grabbed them and sent them backwards.

miharuka

Smash Cadet
^ Really? I've seen a Taunt party crasher win pretty much. xD

&Ah, I see. So the strong ones actually enjoy crashing it, and the weak ones doesn't like the whole taunting part thing. When they team up against him(or her).
I think Taunt parties are fun too. xD

Sephy95

Smash Lord
The people who cant win in crashing taunt parties obviously arent trying to win. Either that or theyre a glutton ownagement. B)

Jelley

Smash Cadet
GUYS!!! I have found out how to break up any taunt party by disconnecting them!!!!! In the waiting room, you know how at the bottom of the screen there are 3 squares (1 for each of the three other players) that display their status (selecting stage, selecting character, etc)? Well when in the waiting room, dropout by pressing start and pressing the button commands (L+R+A+Start or whatever the commands are for your controller) when it says they are all brawling on their status square. You can't press start when it says they are brawling, the game doesn't want you to dropout at this time because it knows it will disconnect everybody. So how do you manage to press start when it says they are brawling? Press Start before it says they are brawling (the option to dropout will remain there unless you un-paused) and then dropout when it says they are all brawling, everyone will disconnect!

So basically all you have to do is play one game with them and then wait for them to get into the practice room (wait until their status says brawling) and then dropout and everyone disconnects!! You will always get the last laugh!!! I hope all that made sense, because this will be useful for all the jerks aka taunt party participants.

miharuka

Smash Cadet
^ YES!! I NOTICED THAT! O_O

I was like: What?! disconnected?! AGAIN?!
That really annoyed me.
It even happened to me when we were all just serious fighting.. :/

windblade

Smash Rookie
Sometimes its better to join them than to fight them but if you really want to fight a 3 v 1 here are some tips...

1. Don't try to attack all at once
2. If they are only sending out one good fighter to stop you run and go after the weaker ones
3. if you have patience be lucas, nesss or any of the starfox characters and throughout the round give them each around 60% damage with "mistakes", then just use specials in the last 20 seconds or so.
4. If one of them is just standing there DON'T ATTACK, because usually you will regret it
5.During sudden death and theres one person just standing there kill the other two, and if the one doesn't suicide, and he/she can survive sudden death for a while then the other two will DC due to lack of patience (unless you die first)
6. If you are good at brawl, ignore tip #1

miharuka

Smash Cadet
^ Good tips. x3

It also helps to act like a Taunter. (as a Crasher)
You have a good change that the Taunt party will forgive you and trust you when you do that.
And when they wouldn't expect..BAM! You hit them.

Come to think of it, you have such different kind of Taunters.
- You have those who just do nothing when you hit them, and go further with Taunting.
- You have those who run away from you when you hit them.
- And you have those who hit you back when you hit them and keeps attacking you until they're satisfied.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Are crashing Taunt Party's even a good idea?

Most times I've been online when it's happened, the members of the party team up and gang up on me and or just have even more fun by running away. All while continuing to taunt the me.

Ex. A Mr.G&W player teams up with a Ness player for a super Bucket while the 3rd member distracts the crasher. It's happened to me.

Plus taunt players don't even care about losing. It's a battle you can't win.

miharuka

Smash Cadet
Mhwhaha.
I'm used to kill Crashers along with myself pretty much. xD
That's very easy to do with Bowser or Kirby.
So, no, I don't really care about losing. Other Taunters don't care either. (most of them)
Crashing Taunt parties aren't really a good idea indeed.
Taunt parties will gang up on you.
But, you have those parties who just let one of them do the work and the others go further with Taunting.

windblade

Smash Rookie
Heres a strategy i just thought of...

If you are in a full TP group attack one of them but make it look like an accident, If the player you attacked by "accident" is smart or sensitive enough he/she will attack you. there are three ways this could lead

1. They all jump you
2.They see that you attacked by accident and will help you jump the player
3. They won't do anything and let you solve the conflict by yourself

By using option 2 or 3 the player you attacked will D/C leaving you and the other two

If you cant make the other two turn against eachother then attack both of them after the first guy you made D/C. So that way when the new player comes in , the following could happen

1. He is another TPer and will see that they attacked you first (Since he/she didn't see the last battle) and help
2. He/she is another TPer and will not do anything
3. He/she is another crasher and will help you fight
4. He/she is a random person who does not know about TPs and crashers, and will attakck randomly

So basicly this is the best and quickest strategy i have ever used to crash a TP , worked 4 out of 5 times for me

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
First crashers are on there own and don't help you they attack the TP or you.

Second attacking someone and making it look like an accident is a tactic for the weak.

Jelley

Smash Cadet
Read my edit on the first post, it tells how to disconnect taunt party participants.

windblade

Smash Rookie
First crashers are on there own and don't help you they attack the TP or you.

Second attacking someone and making it look like an accident is a tactic for the weak.

I've seen some crashers actually help eachother

Top Bottom