• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Haha, well, I left, cuz my sis just came home and started laggin' things up.

To help clarify who I was, I used Ike a lot in addition to red Lucario after the party was established.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
OH ALSO

If you ever see an Ike on Frigate or Spear Pillar... let him get the Smashball.

Ike has some bull**** glitches on both stages with Great Aether, and you guys had to keep grabbing it away from me... -___ -;

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Btw, that was also why I was randomly suiciding on those two stages... I was trying to obtain the Pity Smash Ball.

Being in 4th place also makes it a lot easier for you to knock the Smash Ball out of someone, so yeah.

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
So I've played with Firel.
SZ7 has played with John.
Sephyboy has played with Dark E

The teams are set.
(Please tell me if Ive made a mistake or I forgot anybody.)

:phone:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
That's because you can only get the Pity Final Smash if someone is 5+ points above you when you die.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Honest to say, I've never gotten the pity smashball cuz the game knows that I don't need its pity. XD But seriously, I've never gotten it.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Interesting story involving a taunt party-

A couple weeks ago, i got bored of ****** some cpus, so i went online for a change. I ran into a taunt party composed of a falco and fox, and a diddy who wasn't really involved. I got bored and was sitting around on the temple, wondering how i should crash it ( both the falco and fox were noobs ). But before had a chance, diddy started throwing bananas at the falco ( who, oddly enough, seemed to be leading fox ). This really pissed off falco, and he started chasing the diddy. The diddy was so agile and fast that falco never caught up to him. Falco even tripped on bananas and SD'd a couple times. And no matter how much of a ******* diddy made falco look like, he kept chasing him. It was one of the funniest moments i've seen on wifi.

NOTE: I'm not generalizing taunt parties here. This was just one that was weak.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I crashed a TP earlier with red Fox. It was composed of a Sonic, Mk, and Lucas. I started just by grab releasing them, then I started having real fun. I KO'd the MK who wasn't that good to begin with. Lucas was probably the better of the 3. I was generous so I gave MK bak his point(plus I had already taken a lot of damage). We went into SD and I proceeded to KO Sonic. I think MK wanted me to stop cuz he was crouching repeatedly. I didn't stop though, so I then KO'd Lucas after he did an upB and was left open. Bombs started falling and MK was across the stage so I just KO'd myself so as not to embarrass myself. I then left.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
A 1v1 situation is easy for a skilled crasher. Its harder when we face two of them. Three taunters can easily be scattered with a smash or tornado or something.

Another story ( your probably getting bored of this by now )

I was on a FFA on wifi, and i was stuck with two wolves and a fox. I was using falco. They all sucked. We went on green hill zone at one point, and i hid halfway between the out and the course, so i was invisible. They seemed pretty confused, and eventually a fox who thought he was some pretty smart **** tried to dash attack me, but i spotdodged and ko'd him. That pissed him off, but he was to weak to beat me. I lasted way over 200% in that fight, and easily won ( just like the past ten or so with that group )

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Skilled or not I rather take them on 1 on 1 rather than have assistance. When they're skilled I get irritated if they're KO by a spectator or someone just wanting revenge because they got gimped/etc.

:phone:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
On temple, using mk, a 1v1 situation can easily be finished

Edit: Only a good mk user. Although people say noob mk mains can't do anything, a skilled mk player is nearly unstoppable.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Even though its the official taunt party stage, its more beneficial to the crasher, especially if they have good recovery.

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
I don't think so Olimar/Wolf/MK. Kicking around those two newb taunters ganging up on you for over 15 matches. I decided to step in (I was Kirby/G&W/MK) and this guy started running away from me once he noticed I wasn't an easy target, that's right bruh.. I turned to wario-man to re-establish our taunting rights. He rage-quit. :troll:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
@Sephy: A good mk player also knows how to dimensional infinite, so those grenades would pass right through his hitbox ( I"m studying mk as i might main him, xd )

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Dimensional infinite can't even be done consistently for more than 5 seconds offline

On Wifi it becomes basically impossible

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
With lots of practice, I can go about ten seconds, seven on wifi. Grenades are only around for three seconds, even less when they're cooked.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
@John: What? People have come to doing the infinite for minutes on end. There was some thread consulting it's reason for ban, since nobody was really heard of doing it consistently in a tourney set.

Hey SS, I saw this White Peach not too long ago, and it had me wondering. I was Ike/MK/Samus.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
@John: What? People have come to doing the infinite for minutes on end. There was some thread consulting it's reason for ban, since nobody was really heard of doing it consistently in a tourney set.
I think you just answered your own question...

The reason the rule was questioned was BECAUSE no one could consistently do it over long periods of time.

And the current record for doing IDC is like a minute or something.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I don't personally care about time records. If i can outdo a final smash or something, its good enough.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Alright, alright, I get it... maybe I overestimated the difficulty factor of it. -___ -;

Anyway, some Wolf and Fox thought it would be a good idea to randomly gang up on me as soon as I entered the room without even checking to see if I was a partyist or not... big mistake.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Well, I do, at the very least, get to know what it's like to fight a 3(2)v1 like crashers generally have to do...

And to be honest, it's really easy to fight as a crasher. I got 3 KOs off 2 guys and only died once.

Top Bottom