• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
My boy can't even get a legitimate game in. Don't you people realize you're ruining a good thing, or is that the whole point?

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
I can't help feeling bad for the people looking to actually play the game, then they get ganged up on by some douchebags that think they're cool because they can get a KO 3v1 or 2v1 with instakill items. I'd imagine at least one very young child was brought to tears by them. Sad, really.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
i used to be that person once, but now if the person getting ganged up on gives me reason, i will help them, i usually don't like the TPers anyway...

Sephy95

Smash Lord
If they try to act tough and big ****, idc if its a 5 year old kid, I'm gonna whoop his ***. If its someone whos really good then trust me, papa, I'll find a way to win.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
lol, people like that? usually i don't aim to win, i just aim to get rid of them, and i don't need to win to do that, link trolimar and spamachu are the ones to do it.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
In taunt parties they're either gonna invite with taunts or invite you with smashes and it will probably be the latter. You've gotta be prepared for that stuff.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
People's playstyles get easier and easier to realize with every passing day.
I fought this one **** mario the other day, and all he did was try to grab me, and he couldn't ever recover. I won 8 KO's, No falls. It was hilarious.

FIREL

Smash Ace
People who usually piss me off will get no sympathy from me :ike:... I won't leave until they leave, or if i have to leave, id give them **** and then DC.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I was watching my little brother use pika/mk in a tp this morning. For whatever reason he and a tl/ness/lucas user started fighting. He *****, and it was fun to watch. there was a taunter zelda that thought he was a ****bag for beating on the weak and took occasional hits at him. The funniest part was the last fight, where ness was at high damage. He went over and pretended to be friends, and ness attacked. He recollected himself, pretended to be friends with zelda, and then tried again. He succeeded, and then dsmashed ness off the stage. He flew before zelda could pull anything, and taunted. Ness tried to attack him but got grabbed, then the match ended. I was laughing pretty hard. For once i'm proud of my little bro. Even if he does use a dash attack to start a combo about 50% of the time, xd. He left after that.

Edit: There was also a skilled lucas/snake/wario user I wish i could have had a chance at.

miharuka

Smash Cadet
^ Mwhaha xD

I love Taunt parties, though. ^^
I always join them.
I'm mostly Ganondorf, Kirby or Pikachu.
With Kirby and Pikachu it's really funny to taunt. xD Like 'Hii!' or 'Pika Pika!'
Thanks for the guide. :3 I didn't got the ducking, but now I do. xD

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Most don't know what it means or when they get KOed and you get the point and they hit you or foot stool you so you can KO so they get the KO but don't will trigger them to attack you.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
^ Mwhaha xD

I love Taunt parties, though. ^^
I always join them.
I'm mostly Ganondorf, Kirby or Pikachu.
With Kirby and Pikachu it's really funny to taunt. xD Like 'Hii!' or 'Pika Pika!'
Thanks for the guide. :3 I didn't got the ducking, but now I do. xD
Great noob opinion of TPs, XD. Just kidding. Kinda.

miharuka

Smash Cadet
^ Iknowz. =P

Now I know all that about Taunt Parties It's so much fun.
It's so funny to see someone duck to say sorry because he or she hit you. xD
I just noticed that a lot ducks back as well, like they wanna say; It's okay.
Ghehe. xD
Yesterday my brother was watching me playing online. And I was in a Taunt Party.
He was all like; WHY DON'T YOU ATTACK EACH OTHER?! O_o'' What's the point of this?
xD

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
You can attack. Just be ready to fighting 1-3 other players when you try to fight one player for 1 on 1 or if your stirring things up. Or be devious and if the other players are racking damage to themselves or to other players through items or bombs and explosives (Toon Link, Link, and Snake.) Hit them with a smash attack as the timer is about to run out so they can't KO you in return.

miharuka

Smash Cadet
^ I know.
But I wouldn't dare to attack anyone in a Taunt Party.
Anything can happen when you do that ._.
The smash attack thing is an amazing idea, though. xD
I've seen people do that.
However, I rather join the Taunt Party. xD I looove Taunt Parties. :3
I also start Taunt Parties pretty much. ^^ Especially when there's a Pikachu, Kirby, Peach or Zelda.
Somehow they just seem more likely to be in a Taunt Party. I know it sounds stupid. xD

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
The only character that will always pop up in a TP and seems to be the main addition is Zelda. Nearly every BB I've played a TP has had a Zelda if it a new player joins and picks Zelda starts or joins the TP in all.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
*is a part of the colorful Zelda parade*

I've been starting to use my alts. more. Perhaps I'm just better at faster characters.
Taunt parties have always been pretty enjoyable.
I got the rules down before I even knew what they were and came here to confirm the phenomenon.

There always seems to be a misunderstanding in every Taunt Party I'm in where I'm neutral until
someone thinks I'm siding with someone and I get caught in it even though I never showed aggression.

FIREL

Smash Ace
The only character that will always pop up in a TP and seems to be the main addition is Zelda. Nearly every BB I've played a TP has had a Zelda if it a new player joins and picks Zelda starts or joins the TP in all.
Wow... i just noticed that XD... very true

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
That isn't a good realization. A lot of zeldas i see are teamers. But if the even tries to attack me, I'll show her the error of her ways.

Remembering that, fought a snake and samus teamer group. I must have planked samus about four times in one match, xd.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Indeed they are teaming along side another player. That is very true. A lot of Zeldas I've encounter had horrible times recovering with her. Especially vertical wise. Very seldom I see good Zeldas.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Indeed they are teaming along side another player. That is very true. A lot of Zeldas I've encounter had horrible times recovering with her. Especially vertical wise. Very seldom I see good Zeldas.
I've never seen a good zelda on wifi, xd.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Saw one today, even though she was being really gay on purpose. ***** an ultra-gay ZSS slave driver, and did nothing to her lackeys. Lucky I didn't.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Haha yes I see Zelda the most out of everyone I think... And I'm one myself.

I don't see many if any good Zeldas on wifi like I used too.
I don't mean to brag, but I haven't seen a Zelda better than me for a long time.

And I love taunt parties. And I love even more when taunt parties understand the basics of battling one another for fun, and not to win. If you see one jabbing into air, that's the code to have a friendly battle.

They're fun lol. :bee:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Use the rarity of good low tiers to your advantage

They are rare. I think out of the whole time I touched Wifi I've seen probably 3 good ones.
There is a definite upside to seeing a rarity of good Zeldas (or certain other characters for that matter.) Since they are seldom seen, you can often exploit moves that your opponents don't expect, even if they seem to be moderately good. In Team Battle last night, I baited a Spamchu into using down+B on me often as my Zelda was hovering above. I just hit neutral B and watch the puzzled Spamchu get hit by his own thunder. Eventually that proved to be fatal to the yellow rat. Let's just say he didn't stay on that character long after that. :-) Even though it was in Team Battle, the concept obviously applies to Basic Brawl as well.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Haha yes I see Zelda the most out of everyone I think... And I'm one myself.

I don't see many if any good Zeldas on wifi like I used too.
I don't mean to brag, but I haven't seen a Zelda better than me for a long time.

And I love taunt parties. And I love even more when taunt parties understand the basics of battling one another for fun, and not to win. If you see one jabbing into air, that's the code to have a friendly battle.

They're fun lol. :bee:
If I run into a Zelda on wifi, I usually use wolf so I can reflect the fireballs and **** close combat.

***** Ike/Snake and Lucario/ TL taunter group. Once Ike/Snake left, It was all downhill for the TL. Both of the mother****ers fought gay, although I've seen a lot worse.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
If I run into a Zelda on wifi, I usually use wolf so I can reflect the fireballs and **** close combat.
I powershield the fireballs until they realize that spamming won't work.

I was actually in a tp where I convinced everyone that the person playing Zelda was just a scrub who thought they were smart for pretending to not throw items directly at me. The result was plenty of **** and plenty of rage. They left after admitting defeat by sding around 18 times in one match.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I powershield the fireballs until they realize that spamming won't work.

I was actually in a tp where I convinced everyone that the person playing Zelda was just a scrub who thought they were smart for pretending to not throw items directly at me. The result was plenty of **** and plenty of rage. They left after admitting defeat by sding around 18 times in one match.
power shielding on wifi... there is a forced 5-6 frame delay on weefee but it's nice to see you've crushed the spirits of TPers

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
If I see a taunt party crasher, I use meta knight and I hit and run the whole match, which is easy on the taunt stages.

Top Bottom