• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Probably because I'm the only person in the world who both plays taunt parties and also plays in tournament(and places very consistently!)

Iunno lol, just a theory. :rolleyes:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Well, thanks, it's always nice to hear that I'm puttin' in some good work, although it might just LOOK good compared to everyone else who seems to think Cstick spamming and stall+fall moves are good ideas...

Regardless, I guess all of that "experience" I have is good for something. ;p

Florida's actually a really big Smash state, though, I'm kinda surprised you don't go to any tournies.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I live in Florida temporary. Its only because of my work since it requires moving. Shoot I'd like too one day join and see how I do...I work 14+ hour shifts and sometimes weekends aren't always a sure thing we have off. Since they make it so difficult for anyone to take any vacation. All I can do is play with any time I do get. I'll still try to enter a tournament when the chance comes.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm not at home to play right now. I get on at 2330 the earliest. Otherwise I'm always at work.

:phone:
Oh, well, you're the only person I could think of when that occured in BB. Meh.
I think you just answered your own question...

The reason the rule was questioned was BECAUSE no one could consistently do it over long periods of time.

And the current record for doing IDC is like a minute or something.
In a tournament set. It's been banned for quite a while, and the fact that it's there on the case of "perfect" stalling is enough on cause.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
A good mk player also knows how to dimensional infinite, so those grenades would pass right through his hitbox ( I"m studying mk as i might main him, xd )
Can't turbo controller ( which not many people have I'm guessing ) keep this up for long periods of time?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I troll on TPs with MK, Ike, and Toon Link. I can smell the rage radiating when I start scrooging with MK.

:phone:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
That and they forget that Lucario's Extreme Speed does NO damage. XD You be surprised how many players fearing it the times I decide to use Lucario. Planking is actually fun since bad players never know how to counter and just try to carelessly try to hit you.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I love using mk on bb. Noobs don't know how to handle a skilled mk. hes especially fun to use on smash spammers with long range, like marth or ike. Boku wa makeru wake ni wa ikanainda.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I had someone try to use MK on me earlier in this TP. The other 2 players were just watching..............watching me friggin annihilate the guy. He was a fail MK. They stepped in but the MK raged and he attacked them so they both turned on him. :troll:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Guys, you seriously need to stop picking Temple. Like, forever.

It's an extremely dangerous stage against a crasher, because if they get even ONE KO, they can run away for the rest of the match for the victory, and it's extremely frustrating for all players to have to deal with that. At the very least, they can force Sudden Death every time we go there by running away/camping the cave of life from the get go. Overall, the crasher stands more to gain from going there than the partyists do.

It's also an extremely boring stage for a taunt party to go to. Generally, whenever the stage is picked, I'll see at least two partyists simply run away to the edges of the stage and proceed to taunt for the entire duration of the match. There's almost no interaction between players whatsoever, and it's completely boring, to the point that it's made me just ragequit in the middle of a party.

So... seriously. Stop picking Temple.

On that note, please also stop going to the same stage every ****ing time for 9999 rounds in a row after a party has been established... matches get boring very quickly when they get repetitive; AKA when all matches take place on FD or BoE, although they're both very good stages against crashers, so pick those stages a lot in that case.
Also, @ Sephy

Good ****

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Guys, you seriously need to stop picking Temple. Like, forever.

It's an extremely dangerous stage against a crasher, because if they get even ONE KO, they can run away for the rest of the match for the victory, and it's extremely frustrating for all players to have to deal with that. At the very least, they can force Sudden Death every time we go there by running away/camping the cave of life from the get go. Overall, the crasher stands more to gain from going there than the partyists do.
Man I like this and I don't see why people haven't figured it out already about this ******** stage...

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Because taunters love and most of em' don't visit these boards and wouldn't know the dangers of temple. I don't think they'll ever stop picking temple.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I plan to just quit right at the start of a match if Temple is picked too many times in a row. It's just getting plain ridiculous.

Crashers get the most homosexual strategies there, and parties aren't fun there. wtf

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I'm all for not picking temple the whole time but sometimes its ok but other times, people can pick the most suckiest stages ever. Mario Bros. stage., that moving desert or underground stage, the hanenbow stage, pikmin stage, warioware stage. Those are among the sucky stages.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Yes, but at the very least, they're all fun to play on during an actual TP, y'know?

Besides, I don't think anyone ever picks those stages when they're actually looking for a fight, so don't worry about that too much.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
When I'm looking to fight or I have a fight I hate when that stage is picked. Like John said it is dangerous once someone gets KOed. You can time out the other player and win. It's annoying because 50-75% of the time that stage will be picked. That as well as that giant EarthBound stage. I won't mention 75m since...boy...I can't even recall the last time I've been there in BB. It must be that long.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Yes, but at the very least, they're all fun to play on during an actual TP, y'know?

Besides, I don't think anyone ever picks those stages when they're actually looking for a fight, so don't worry about that too much.
Believe me, they are picked during full scale FFAs. When that happens, I DC the entire group. Sorry but its just not worth. And yeah they are enjoyable in TPs but not when you get invincibility on Warioware and start racking up KOs.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I had someone try to use MK on me earlier in this TP. The other 2 players were just watching..............watching me friggin annihilate the guy. He was a fail MK. They stepped in but the MK raged and he attacked them so they both turned on him. :troll:
Let me guess. Dsmash and nado spammer. **** you people! your making mk look bad!

Sephy95

Smash Lord
The campers are definitely tough to handle, especially at the bottom part of Temple. They're almost unstoppable if they know what they're doing.

Top Bottom