• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Taunt parties are just not as fun as they used to be. Usually. Nobody can trust anyone, I never meet someone who is overly friendly and are not faking it. The players who keep to themselves are the most trustworthy.

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
Taunt parties are kinda lame now. Usually you have that one annoying taunter that no one can trust. (the guy who hits and then runs away, attacks during the sudden death, and grabs assist trophies and pokeballs so they can win)

Other times, when you're trying to have a 1vs1 with a crasher that's actually good, they try to interfere and ruin everything. Usually when that happens they end up hitting me more than the crasher because they just throw out random smash attacks.

A funny thing that happened was I was with two scrub taunters and a good crasher. As I was fighting his Metaknight as Marth, the scrub taunter Toonlink player started to interfere and kept hitting me (by accident, I presume). I got pissed and started killing him. After that, the meta player joined me. Eventually, after about 5 matches of me and Meta destroying him and the other scrub (who played as various characters), they left. :D

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Pretty much everything Swordmaster said. Taunt parties have really gone downhill to the point of non-fun. I think I'm through with this forever.

It also doesn't help when 80% of the stages I'm forced to play on are FD, Bridge of Eldin, and Temple.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I haven't actually Taunt Partied in awhile, so I can't say much xD

Honestly, if we can't get decent Taunt Parties on Basic Brawl, then maybe we should just give out our FCs and Taunt Party with each other.

-Ghost-

Smash Apprentice
I never knew what a taunt party was until now... lol. But I would run into these guys so much online and I thought it was the most annoying thing! I used to think they were just pickin on my character or something... You can guess that I was definitely a taunt party crasher... lol. But sometimes I actually had fun fighting 3 on 1, it's a good challenge. Not to mention the godly feeling you get after beating 3 people at once... Mwahahahaha!

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
Anyone seen a purple Samus in basic brawl? Never changes character, really good party crasher lol. Just wanna say GGs to purple Samus. :dizzy:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Anyone seen a purple Samus in basic brawl? Never changes character, really good party crasher lol. Just wanna say GGs to purple Samus. :dizzy:
>.>

<.<

I don't think i can really say who you are...
I only use Purple and Blue Samus in Basic Brawl though, soo...
*Disappears*

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Blu and Pink samus for me. I ruin taunt parties left and right. Or practice AT's and THEN ruin taunt parties.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I haven't been having problems with Taunt Parties. Honestly, if they don't want to have a Taunt Party, then i'm the quickest one to just attack. Since I can that they want to have a TP since they keep attacking me. =P

But I don't get bored of them, but that's mainly cuz I haven't done a lot of them throughout my brawl experience.

TheAsylum

Smash Rookie
Taunt parties or for god****ed idiots. Why would you play a fighting game if that's what you want to do? Nothing pisses me off more in this game then going online for a brawl, then landing in hyrule and seeing the other 3 players scatter to each corner of the level and taunt. How is that fun?

I liked when this game used to be about jumping into the fray and landing some massive smash on whoever was there, not hitting someone, than running to a ledge and waiting for the timer to run out. Play the **** fighting game like a fighter, not a talentless exploiter.

Green Yoshi

Smash Cadet
Taunt parties or for god****ed idiots. Why would you play a fighting game if that's what you want to do? Nothing pisses me off more in this game then going online for a brawl, then landing in hyrule and seeing the other 3 players scatter to each corner of the level and taunt. How is that fun?

I liked when this game used to be about jumping into the fray and landing some massive smash on whoever was there, not hitting someone, than running to a ledge and waiting for the timer to run out. Play the **** fighting game like a fighter, not a talentless exploiter.
...does someone need a hug?

-Ghost-

Smash Apprentice

Yes... this pisses me off as well, lol. Only sometimes its kool just to kind of take a break from a few matches. But almost evertime I end up crashing TPs cuz its just gay... I'm here to fight what is this sht?

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
haven't encountered a taunt party in forever, but I would probably not crash unless I knew I could win and was getting bored...

Blissard

Smash Lord
I try to crash a party, and then all of a sudden, LLAAGG!!! And someone had this weird stage, idk why it appeared, but it had a white background and zooms in, and the zoom occasionally scrolls. I thought that textures like that would desync the wifi @_@

I find it more fun to have 4 people, 2 people fighting, and you and another person watching and spamming Pikmin at the fighting people.

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
I try to crash a party, and then all of a sudden, LLAAGG!!! And someone had this weird stage, idk why it appeared, but it had a white background and zooms in, and the zoom occasionally scrolls. I thought that textures like that would desync the wifi @_@
It's not a texture, it's the stage you're on when you test your controls.

If you read the OP you would know that...

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord

I agree to a CERTAIN extent. Taunt Parties are fine with me, but one thing I don't like is when they just team up on you, like all 3 just team up on you. The other day I was fighting these 2 Kirbys, and some random guy. And for like 4-5 matches, all they did was hit me. Luckily, I screwed up there connection by quitting mid-match, lol. =P

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
One thing I hate is when you enter a taunt party and they gang up on you immediately without even finding out if you're a taunter. It's funny if they're scrub taunters, but if there actually good or items are on.......>_>

TheAsylum

Smash Rookie
One thing I hate is when you enter a taunt party and they gang up on you immediately without even finding out if you're a taunter. It's funny if they're scrub taunters, but if there actually good or items are on.......>_>
I hate everything about taunt parties. I hate the concept, the idea behind them, the spirit behind them, and the fact that if you go into a random brawl youll get one the majority of the time. I hate how people think running to a ledge and exploiting lag spikes makes them good at the game. If you sit down with your friends to play, and one of them said "Hey guys! Let's just have a taunt party for two freakin hours!" would you do it? Hell, no. Taunt parties were invented by stupid 12 year olds and the ******** internets just decided to jump on the bandwagon, now Taunt parties are everywhere, and it makes me hate online brawl.

Derressh

Smash Cadet
I hate everything about taunt parties. I hate the concept, the idea behind them, the spirit behind them, and the fact that if you go into a random brawl youll get one the majority of the time. I hate how people think running to a ledge and exploiting lag spikes makes them good at the game. If you sit down with your friends to play, and one of them said "Hey guys! Let's just have a taunt party for two freakin hours!" would you do it? Hell, no.
LolUmad?

Taunt parties were invented by stupid 12 year olds and the ******** internets just decided to jump on the bandwagon.
Wow, a completely undeniable, proven fact as to the origin of Taunt Parties!
Oh, wait...

Honestly, if you hate it so much, stop playing Basic Brawl. Simple problem, simple solution.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I hate everything about taunt parties. I hate the concept, the idea behind them, the spirit behind them, and the fact that if you go into a random brawl youll get one the majority of the time. I hate how people think running to a ledge and exploiting lag spikes makes them good at the game. If you sit down with your friends to play, and one of them said "Hey guys! Let's just have a taunt party for two freakin hours!" would you do it? Hell, no. Taunt parties were invented by stupid 12 year olds and the ********
internets just decided to jump on the bandwagon, now Taunt parties are everywhere, and it makes me hate online brawl.
Pointless post is pointless.

Seriously! If you're gonna rant about Taunt Parties, go do that in the Taunt Party crashing thread, not the official Taunt Party thread.

I hate how 99% of the Internet is made up of ******* who can barely read and can't make smart desicions. -_-

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
>.>

<.<

I don't think i can really say who you are...
I only use Purple and Blue Samus in Basic Brawl though, soo...
*Disappears*

I use random characters, occasional giga/wario-man to annoy people with grab-pummel spam. XD Don't use em to win, pointless.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I make it clear when someone keeps hitting me, that I will kick there ***. I'm sorry, but while having a taunt party, i'm not very tolerant of constant hitting with fellow taunt partiers. =P

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I don't need a hug, I need a fight, that's the whole point.
I hate everything about taunt parties. I hate the concept, the idea behind them, the spirit behind them, and the fact that if you go into a random brawl youll get one the majority of the time. I hate how people think running to a ledge and exploiting lag spikes makes them good at the game. If you sit down with your friends to play, and one of them said "Hey guys! Let's just have a taunt party for two freakin hours!" would you do it? Hell, no. Taunt parties were invented by stupid 12 year olds and the ******** internets just decided to jump on the bandwagon, now Taunt parties are everywhere, and it makes me hate online brawl.
*gives him a cookie* More or less but I feel ya. It gets better when you know how to counter them.

Seriously! If you're gonna rant about Taunt Parties, go do that in the Taunt Party crashing thread, not the official Taunt Party thread.
Show me said thread. o.o

Anyway, I like it when a Taunt Partier enters a room full of crashers. The Brawl started and the TPer Zelda waved and at that instant the WHOLE room just wailed out on her. It was hilarious. :chuckle:

Derressh

Smash Cadet
Show me said thread. o.o

Anyway, I like it when a Taunt Partier enters a room full of crashers. The Brawl started and the TPer Zelda waved and at that instant the WHOLE room just wailed out on her. It was hilarious. :chuckle:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245367

And that's exactly why, if I'm in the mood for a TP, and not a serious fight, I make it my first priority to GTFO, then establish how (un)friendly people are.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Are people really saying with a straight face that taunt parties have gone downhill? That's like saying Justin Bieber's music has gone downhill.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
There was an insanely good purple Samus player crashing a taunt party today. Made one or two taunters rage quit. Unfortunately, we ended up getting disconnected after about 5 or 6 matches. -_-
Nowadays, i don't play BB for more than an hour. If it was longer than that, it wasn't me. :samus2:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, we got disconnected so I don't know. I did however save a replay of him/her destroying a yellow link player that was taunting with us.
If you could get that vid up for me, it'd be nice. I'm still kinda weary on if that was me or not, since i do actually get Disconnected from BB a certain lot....

Derressh

Smash Cadet
I can't play brawl anymore.

So what are parties like? Same as always? More of them?

You know, I could only imagine the horrors of if the wii had mics on brawl. And I entered a taunt party *shivers*
Not really sure on the amount compared to before. There are times where I'm in the mood for a TP and can't find one to save my life, and other times where every single room I enter is a TP.

As to what they are like? I believe someone summed it up pretty well in a previous post. Everyone's always on edge, and can't trust anyone else. A good majority are just looking for a 3v1 and will use any excuse to get it. Though when I DO find a nice group (you can hit them once on accident and they won't all freak out on you), I make sure I stick with them for a while. :lick:

And the mic thing would be...interesting...to say the least. ._.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
After two years of stifling the player base, alienating new players and ensuring their first game is their last (something I've witnessed firsthand), there can be no other result than what is happening today. Actually the players are exhibiting all the same content of character as they ever did, and only the selfish ones could possibly notice a change simply because they are now the punching bag. It makes no difference to anon, and it never did.

Top Bottom