• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
Dammit Downs, that's the best reply i've ever gotten in here, too good, i'm going to play BB a lot more...

Also, sigging that when i get to a computer.
I know that wasn't the best way to put what I meant, but you don't have to be so **** sarcastic about it.

**** is censored? what the hell

hell is fine but not ****?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Who the hell said i'm being sarcastic? .-.
It's genius, full body orgasm, lmao! XD
Sarcasm= hard to tell over internet, obv.

Aibou

Smash Master
tbh, I think the partiers would win that. Most of the time the partiers are better players than the crashers (from my experience anyway).

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well. I am indeed a crasher.
So good luck with that idea you guys, i'd join :]

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
After my 2 break from Brawl I'm back. I don't know why I took a break it is so fun. I lightning kicked a Wario with over 170% damage... wow he flew fast lol

Blobby

Smash Cadet
Taunt parties are one of my favorite Wi-Fi things, I learned most of my strategies from Taunt Parties and stuff. Taunting with yourself when 3 people are fun, especially if your squirtle or mario and push an ike around with water while hes charging a smash attack :). I hate it though when people kill another person and runs the whole time :/

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
wow, i was practicing doing my PK thunder online in a taunt party, i accidently hit a player
and he secretly tried to hit me back! WTF? coward,,,,,don't you hate it when people online do that? there is always this one jerk you can't stand! and if somebody accidently SD themself. they`ll just come after whoever got the point. what is point if you are just going to kill yourself at Sudden Death *facepalm*

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
What happened to the days partyists were trying to have fun? Now they're coming to me. Most of them are scrubs now. I mean, if they let me 1 vs 1 a guy, than don't come in just cause I'm kicking his/her a**. Seriously. Taunt parties have no honor anymore. Always a dirty one in the group if not the entire group.

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
What happened to the days partyists were trying to have fun? Now they're coming to me. Most of them are scrubs now. I mean, if they let me 1 vs 1 a guy, than don't come in just cause I'm kicking his/her a**. Seriously. Taunt parties have no honor anymore. Always a dirty one in the group if not the entire group.
Yes indeed they always are being so annoying they have no honor. Always trying to gang up on you when you keep winning in the 1 vs. 1.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i spawned into a room yesterday that just 3v1 me without any questions asked

they got ***** 3 games, then i dropped out as the next match was loading

Hello everybody. Allow me to introduce myself. I am TheRedSnakeInBasicBrawl. I am a red snake who uses Snake in basic brawl. How to know its me when you are in one? Well, I obviously use Snake's red color but, what I really do in taunt parties to let you guys know its me is abuse DACUS and Grenade dropping (and occasionally pivot grabs). I rarely switch characters, but when I do, you will see me use Pink Falcon for down taunt spam, and Pink DeDeDe for wall infinites. Thanks, and hopefully we'll meet one day. Let me know if you ever see me, i usually save all my replays so, if you guys have seen a red snake a believed it was me, tell me which character you used and what specific actions you did in the match.Going more into ways to find out its me.... a nice movement I do with DACUS for altering its me once again is doing a DACUS>Box taunt. I usually do this in sudden deaths, if a crasher is after me and I kill him, or if i kill a crasher during the 2 minute brawl. Anyways, farewell!

EDIT: Full image of my Dacus>Box here:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4570/dacustaunttrsibb.png
i think ive seen you before a few times.

purple ddd, red hat pika, blue pit, default bowser, default lucario

if you think you see me just come up and start attacking if you wanna fight, just jabbing air doesnt really tell me much. Hitting me does. As for knowing whether or not its me, a good sign is that i 'house clean' items. If im fighting, whether its a good player or scrub, i pick up items and throw them away. I only use them if they're being used against me

that n im a pretty good player

Ive also run into situations were ived been 2v1'ed. N' the other player comes n helps me out. So in the event there are 2 ppl in da room trying to stop us, i'll temp team with you to get rid of them. after that just let me kno when u wanna go at it

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
They partyists are annoying now. Half of the partyists aren't even close to be as good as I am. Although I'm not saying I'm the best player, but that should say something. There are some good partyists out there, infact, all of the good players I've meet have been partyists, and those were good times. But it is nauseating how they act if they get a K.O when they all gang up on me. They act like "Oh, you suck :p"

Green Yoshi

Smash Cadet
Just started playing basic brawl about a week ago. As soon as I came across a group of these guys I was pretty much hooked. Its good to see that its an official thing, lol

I usually play as the default yoshi, signature moves are throwing egg pieces from my shield, and eating/tackling people. Occasionally I will play blue pikachu or blue jigglypuff.

Some people are crazy, I was ganged up on for turning people into eggs, although we had played a bunch of games in a row. They were led by a default snake, and at first he was just coming for revenge with that grab-hold thing snake does (which im fine with him doing, its really funny actually), but at one point he was just trying to KO me with his final smashes and bomb thingies. If you hate being egged, just punch me a few times and ill stop, its pretty easy.

Also, I definitely played with a red snake and red pikachu earlier. Hi, i'm THAT yoshi!

Nik21

Smash Cadet
But it is nauseating how they act if they get a K.O when they all gang up on me. They act like "Oh, you suck :p"
um thats what taunting is. taunting, taunt partying, see the connection?
in my experiences, the good players usually take part in the partying, and the crashers usually suck, cuz their scrubs or noobs. I've had some crashers give me a run fjr ny money though.

Pee Kay Staasturm

Smash Rookie
I love being in these things. Bought Brawl in '08 but decided to play it this month properly for once and am loving it, before I just lolled on it with friends.

I usually play Default Ness/Green Claus Lucas and Green Sonic.

Was trying to defend a Daisy coloured Peach as Lucas and every game we crouched at each other so we both knew we were still around. Sadly, I left eventually, also had a Sonic who never attacked once (except for the smash ball) would love to talk to you two if you're on here! xD

Also, Kirby players are the best in these things. MOAR!

Edit - ''Claus'' Lucas is the ginger haired version :)

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
um thats what taunting is. taunting, taunt partying, see the connection?
in my experiences, the good players usually take part in the partying, and the crashers usually suck, cuz their scrubs or noobs. I've had some crashers give me a run fjr ny money though.
I'm usually the guy who gives the party a run for there money. If I didn't win, I usually am in second place. And there are a lot of nooby partyists. And there are a lot of good ones. The sad thing is most of the good players are partyists.

I don't know if this has happened to anyone, when crash a taunt party and beat them several times, do they duck taunt to you to try to find out if you are a partyist or not? That to occassionally.

Sorry, I know I sound cocky.

UberMario

Smash Master
Most of the time when I pwn a party that I crash someone quits as a match loads to "close" the room. >_>;

The only reason I even try With Anyone mode anymore (maybe once a month) is to try to start taunt parties, because honestly 95% of the players on WA just run away to stall out the timer when they get the lead.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I've been having a LOT of bad experiences with taunt parties lately. I was once with a taunt party for a while, and one game I SDed a lot of times. The other three were in Sudden Death and 2 of them hid behind the camera lines and kept me waiting for like 10 minutes. I grabbed/threw one of them, to say "don't do that", and the other 2 players (I'd been with one of them for like an hour) immediately piled on me with him, without a moment's hesitation. About 30 seconds through, I just stopped moving, and they just kept killing me an taunting. Next game, same deal, even when I tried to apologize.

I can't trust ANY taunters anymore. It's ridiculous. They all just want to 3v1, not have fun.

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
That's why half the time I don't even do anything not taunt not crash nothing and if someone attacks me
either I attack back or I just dodge because people are so predictable.

I've only really trusted a few taunters but that was when it was fun.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could have read this before I got wi-fi. My first time on wi-fi, I came right into a taunt party. I had no clue about it and just started attacking. Ugh, being triple-teamed was not fun. I learned about taunt parties the hard way. I also hate when ppl fake. Like, ducking up and down and taunting, then attacking you, purposly, and trying to kill you. Crashers in disguise...

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
This helped me a lot. Thanks! I've known some Taunt Party signs, but not all of them. No wonder they would jab once I accidently killed them lol. =P

Evil-Guy

Smash Journeyman
Most of the time when I pwn a party that I crash someone quits as a match loads to "close" the room. >_>;

The only reason I even try With Anyone mode anymore (maybe once a month) is to try to start taunt parties, because honestly 95% of the players on WA just run away to stall out the timer when they get the lead.
Thats fking annoying. I get in the lead of them, and leave the room just to be an ahole.
Shows them. :laugh:

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I've been having a LOT of bad experiences with taunt parties lately. I was once with a taunt party for a while, and one game I SDed a lot of times. The other three were in Sudden Death and 2 of them hid behind the camera lines and kept me waiting for like 10 minutes. I grabbed/threw one of them, to say "don't do that", and the other 2 players (I'd been with one of them for like an hour) immediately piled on me with him, without a moment's hesitation. About 30 seconds through, I just stopped moving, and they just kept killing me an taunting. Next game, same deal, even when I tried to apologize.

I can't trust ANY taunters anymore. It's ridiculous. They all just want to 3v1, not have fun.
No offense, but a lot of partyists are noobs these days. Just like a lot of crashers are admittedly noobs. There are some trust worthy partyists however.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
No offense, but a lot of partyists are noobs these days. Just like a lot of crashers are admittedly noobs. There are some trust worthy partyists however.
I actually find most crashers to be very good players. If you're going to crash a TP and you know you're not good enough to pull it off, what's the point?

BSP

Smash Legend
I wish I could have read this before I got wi-fi. My first time on wi-fi, I came right into a taunt party. I had no clue about it and just started attacking. Ugh, being triple-teamed was not fun. I learned about taunt parties the hard way. I also hate when ppl fake. Like, ducking up and down and taunting, then attacking you, purposly, and trying to kill you. Crashers in disguise...
Crashing parties is a lot of fun actually. 3 vs 1 is a break from the usual fair fights. You should use your bad experience and become a crasher:bee:

Blissard

Smash Lord
There's supreme lag everytime I try to Basic Brawl online :( I did run into a taunt party once, but we all got bored quickly and started killing each other. You run out of things to do quite quickly nowadays, you know...

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
There's supreme lag everytime I try to Basic Brawl online :( I did run into a taunt party once, but we all got bored quickly and started killing each other. You run out of things to do quite quickly nowadays, you know...
Holy crap, you're apart of some bored TPs. Meh, i can't say too much, but i do know killing each other in a TP and not SD'ing is a no-no.
Otherwise, you're in some sort of FFA; What BB was meant to be :bee: The wrong way.

Blissard

Smash Lord
By the way Lucas Perfected didn't you post like 700 times in the dead Smashboards Arena?

And yeah TP's have really downgraded from before. I remember one time (a looooong time ago), we were all Jiggly's, and when we went into Sudden Death, we all stood there till our shields broke. You don't know how ******** it looks to see 4 Jigglys blasting off at the same time...

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
TP's are really just annoying i can't go on wi-fi and have one basic brawl match without dealing with a TP it's really just ridiculous. :mad:

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I do TP in Basic Brawl just to take a break from -actual- brawling.
TBs just to kill time when no one on your roster is on.
sometimes people try to TP in TB and that's just...awkward >__>;

Top Bottom