• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I've waited out some looonnnngg sudden deaths,one time i just about did a whole load of dishes waiting for the taunters to all die....pretty lame, but not surprising

Mayz

Smash Rookie
I have to be honest, before I read this thread every time I came across a taunt party I was baffled about everyone teaming up on me. It made me EXTREMELY angry a few times.

"I just want to practice and improve my brawling skills, WTF is wrong with people online?!?! ...never playing the **** game then teaming up on me, what is the bloody point?!!?!!?!" <---(is what I would think, and I would quit mid-battle and turn off my wii and tv, all while shouting obscenities)

Definitely glad I found this thread, I was starting to wonder if people had found a way to play random matches with their friends so they could team-up on unsuspecting brawler's for kicks.

Still, I can't help but wonder "why in the world do taunt parties exist in the first place??? How did they come to be??" I imagine it must have something to do with Nintendo's HORRIBLE online play for brawl. After a few matches of undesirable levels, items and lag people would just give up on trying to have fun so they'd start fooling around taunting and being stupid, thus the taunt party was born. Kind of depressing if you ask me, lol! Buuuuuuut what can you do? The options for playing online truly suck. Nintendo failed big time :(

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I have to be honest, before I read this thread every time I came across a taunt party I was baffled about everyone teaming up on me. It made me EXTREMELY angry a few times.

"I just want to practice and improve my brawling skills, WTF is wrong with people online?!?! ...never playing the **** game then teaming up on me, what is the bloody point?!!?!!?!" <---(is what I would think, and I would quit mid-battle and turn off my wii and tv, all while shouting obscenities)

Definitely glad I found this thread, I was starting to wonder if people had found a way to play random matches with their friends so they could team-up on unsuspecting brawler's for kicks.

Still, I can't help but wonder "why in the world do taunt parties exist in the first place??? How did they come to be??" I imagine it must have something to do with Nintendo's HORRIBLE online play for brawl. After a few matches of undesirable levels, items and lag people would just give up on trying to have fun so they'd start fooling around taunting and being stupid, thus the taunt party was born. Kind of depressing if you ask me, lol! Buuuuuuut what can you do? The options for playing online truly suck. Nintendo failed big time :(
Quoted for truth.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I think i know now why people in TPs got pissed whenever i kept teching the bombs on Hyrule after 2 people died.

Black Star

Smash Cadet
I think taunt parties are pretty fun XD

just make sure you aren't the on getting teamed up on.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Good times. GOoooood times.
Indeed

Duck taunting I see is in more games than SSBB. I've seen people do this in some other online games without abilities to communicate.

I Taunt Party, but I don't have hacks. Don't know how to either. Can someone help?
Find some program called homebrew or something like that. But keep in mind, you can get banned if you hack online.

Whew..I haven't posted here in months. Thankfully, I read all the pages I missed in my absence...
I need to get a better wi-fi connection, that way I can connect with Basic Brawl again, and hopefully find some Taunt Partys to cease my boredom when all my epic friends are offline.

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
Then whats the point of hacking Taunt Parties if i'll get banned? Is the ban permanent? Also, how do I get Homebrew? I've heard of it, I just don't know how to get it. Sorry for all the questions.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
You won't get banned for hacking. I hack on wifi all the time and I've never been banned.

Oh and you should Google how to install Homebrew. It can't be discussed on Smashboards for some reason.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Today I was in a taunt party. We all changed our character to be 4 red peach's. And like I expected the 4th peach to be the same color as the first peach but I wasn't. I was a really dark red color, it was devilishly awesome.
Lately every match has been 3 taunters with 1 bad crasher. And the majority of the taunters are awesome... I've been playing a lot of online lately because of it haha.

Today I was in a taunt party. We all changed our character to be 4 red peach's. And like I expected the 4th peach to be the same color as the first peach but I wasn't. I was a really dark red color, it was devilishly awesome.
Lately every match has been 3 taunters with 1 bad crasher. And the majority of the taunters are awesome... I've been playing a lot of online lately because of it haha.
The Peach thing is what happens, since the first red Peach is normal, the second is light, and third is darker, so the fourth must be a shadow. It's rare, but it works for every character.
Bah, I wish my wi-fi didn't suck so badly, I miss TPs.

Nik21

Smash Cadet
taunt parties rule. nonting is more satisfying than ganging up on a noob who has no idea wats going on.
If you ever play basic brawl and see sum1 play lightblue yoshi, blue wolf, yellow falco, green pikachu, and ginger lucas in that order, then its probably me lol.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I always try to start taunt parties with kirby or ice climbers and if they try to kill me then I try to chain grab them. Timing is hard on laggy wifi though. Also I have only ever met 1Ice Climber other than me on wifi.

BSP

Smash Legend
That's probably because it's really easy to get split up in a 4 person brawl.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
The Peach thing is what happens, since the first red Peach is normal, the second is light, and third is darker, so the fourth must be a shadow. It's rare, but it works for every character.
I think in melee the 4th peach would have been the same color as the first one. So I assumed in brawl. I was wrong though lol.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Guys guys guys, two more notices I wanna mention:

First: If you see someone join as a White Lucario, only to switch after a taunt party has been fully established(as in, with no crashers whatsoever), that's me.

Second: STOP PICKING HYRULE TEMPLE AFTER A TAUNT PARTY HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED HOLY ****

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Second: STOP PICKING HYRULE TEMPLE AFTER A TAUNT PARTY HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED HOLY ****
*Agrees with this*

People need to pick FUN stages in a 4-person taunt party, not Temple and FD. Temple is only good for STARTING a taunt party, or a taunt party with a scrubby crasher(I know I'm sorta contridicting the OP but whatever). FD is only good for a taunt party with a good crasher.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Guys guys guys, two more notices I wanna mention:

First: If you see someone join as a White Lucario, only to switch after a taunt party has been fully established(as in, with no crashers whatsoever), that's me.

I have NEVER seen a white Lucario ever. Not even while chain grabbing computers and picking random. Also, I had this great taunt party with a Captain Falcon who switched to Snake then Jigglypuff. So fun. :D

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I have NEVER seen a white Lucario ever. Not even while chain grabbing computers and picking random. Also, I had this great taunt party with a Captain Falcon who switched to Snake then Jigglypuff. So fun. :D
What main are you?

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
My main is Ice Climbers. My secondary is Meta Knight. Also I play with the wii remote so please don't say Wii remote sucks get game cube controller. lol

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I love watching things like that. :D And this has nothing to do with taunt parties but I also like watching the money match Hylian vs Mike Haze or something. Nice technique to distract to chain grabber. lol.

Latias

Smash Journeyman

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
You're using Ice Climbers and Meta Knight. A Gamecube controller wouldn't make your control over them any better anyway, so the Wii remote + Numchuck is fine, lol.

Btw everyone, now that I have a nice capture device, I think I will start posting some of my Taunt Party sessions on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWmobA2eWu0
Was this an online practice stage because all I saw was sonic beating up a sandbag.

Btw what vid capture device do u have? I want one like that.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Was this an online practice stage because all I saw was sonic beating up a sandbag.

Btw what vid capture device do u have? I want one like that.
LOL

I recorded with a "Dazzle Video Creator Plus HD", which costs like $80. There's a lower quality version that costs like $50, but I suggest the HD one like I have since the quality is great~

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
how long ago was it? i remember going cf for the lulz, but went snake to torture a dumb crasher and then my main (puff) to destroy the crasher and team up with people.
did the puff dash dance a lot?

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Ummm... the chances of people here meeting each other on Basic Brawl is really slim. People who are closer to you get higher priority on you joining their room or them joining yours. In other words you most likely always end up with someone within a state away rather than someone across the country.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i've met two people on aib from basic brawl matches. We were able to describe the same replay as it happend and had a good laugh about it. I figure its worth a shot to ask xd

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
LOL

I recorded with a "Dazzle Video Creator Plus HD", which costs like $80. There's a lower quality version that costs like $50, but I suggest the HD one like I have since the quality is great~
Alright, sweet!

Well im gettin me a job for summer so as soon as I get the money I'll buy it. Thanks ^^

Top Bottom