• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
Interesting groups today, I was 1vs1ing someone in a TP when suddenly he went white peach and refused to fight me. I started going "what's the matter, scared?", until eventually the peach's "boyfriend", this black marth, came up to me and did his down taunt, to which I replied with a ftilt. He and the Peach then ganged up on me. But then Peach left and I had some 1vs1's with him, ending with him as red? falco vs my red PT, I got destroyed, and then the group disconnected.

If he's out there I demand a rematch. I was red snake, red kirby, red jiggs, and black wolf, he was red? falco, black marth, and blue kirby.

Also I was trying to 1vs1 a decent green MK when another MK joined, and they formed a team. So next match I went MK too and we became an evil MK gang that beat up this poor falco, I was looking forward to more matches with them but then my wii screwed up so I got DC'd ;(

umm...what happened to the social? I shall investigate

Zulo

Smash Ace
Wrong thread silly. That's for the Basic Brawl Friend Finder. :p

And well. FoxBlaze ranted that the mods weren't doing anything so it comes as no surprise to me that they closed our spamthread.

Also.. you should be ashamed, triple MK-teaming. Poor other player. :urg:

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
oops ah well...FoxBlaze would do that. as for the other player, he phantasm sd'd 3 times and was a total noob, so it was justified kinda. plus I didn't want the two MK's to gang up on me

is there going to be a new social or what?

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
There used to exist a social group around here but because moderaters saw it as a place for people to spam and get a free +1 post count that they ended up closing it. I shoulda seen the lock coming. :laugh:

Oh and, taunt parties yaddayaddablablatheydunexistanymoredododo. Ah-hem.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
You mean a thread Mike xP

And I don't think there'll be another social. They closed every single one without much explanation. I asked Crimson King in forum support about it and he didn't even read my posts before posting an irrelevant answer.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
And then more or less there are plenty of socials around the boards. Character wise...well for those you have to find a group that is chill and fun to talk with. Sadly not all character ones are fun...

(Cough* Peach Boards Cough*)

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Oh, haha yes GloW, thread yes! (1 and 2) I forgot we had 2. :laugh:

But careful where you talk about such a thing! If we continue the same fate might end up to this thread! :lol:

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Whoops, I meant every social that wasn't a character board one!

I haven't gone and joined a taunt party in a while. Do you guys recognize the same people in your TPs over and over again or are they always different?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Depends. I hate when I get the same group I left moments ago. Even when they change characters I can tell by how the act. From time to time back then, I have ran into the same players on different times different days in TPs.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
And then more or less there are plenty of socials around the boards. Character wise...well for those you have to find a group that is chill and fun to talk with. Sadly not all character ones are fun...

(Cough* Peach Boards Cough*)
Well, at least they're probably not as dead the Kirby boards are... I don't even bother checking over there anymore.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Once I notice a unique tendency of someone in a TP, it's not hard for me to discern them out as an individual, even when the room seems monotonous. :applejack:
Everyone I've played has some aspect of their playing style that I find eccentric in comparison to others; magnifying this gives me decent knowledge of who I'm playing. It's not foolproof, but it's pretty accurate. I can normally keep grasp of a player's habits in BB for around 20 minutes or so, provided I'm not room-hopping for minimal delay.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Once I notice a unique tendency of someone in a TP, it's not hard for me to discern them out as an individual, even when the room seems monotonous. :applejack:
Everyone I've played has some aspect of their playing style that I find eccentric in comparison to others; magnifying this gives me decent knowledge of who I'm playing. It's not foolproof, but it's pretty accurate. I can normally keep grasp of a player's habits in BB for around 20 minutes or so, provided I'm not room-hopping for minimal delay.
You do this too eh? =) If I decide to stick around I spend a good amount of time studying their habits and strategies. To me that is the fun thing I make up when I play Bb or against anyone.

:phone:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Most people on Wifi have a sole idiosyncrasy: repetetiveness. Even in good players, I notice they have some habit they always repeat ( I tend to dashdance a lot. )

Foxblaze

When I see some of your posts I seriously want to hit you. You're super rude and arrogant for no reason. Taunt parties are a waste of time? Then so is any kind of brawl. It's a game and has no other purpose but for entertainment and it should not matter to you what other people enjoy. You're like an AV that mindlessly insults people.
Those who dissent the entire purpose of this **** within my sights will face the consequences. I'm not against Brawl in general, as it can be an enjoyable game. It should not matter to YOU what other people hate.

And Dabreast, they are FAR from exterminated. I see taunters in nearly every group I'm in. I personally will not be able to rest until they are completely annhilated. It's just an obsession I have, and really the general reason I post in this subforum.

It may take beyond eternities to eradicate them, but in my eyes, it's worth it. I can't play Melee and conciously know noobs are ****ing up smash somewhere else.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Global, laugh with me.:applejack:

To supplement: Teching in BB is awesome, simply, awesome. There are mixed results that come with it: either it's interpreted as a deplorable act that must be punished, or so incredible, the room goes afc in awe.:applejack:

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I put him on ignore, but I discovered I can't stand not knowing what someone has posted/what others are responding to, so he's off again. I will laugh with you, LP.

The last few games I remember of BB were all laggy. x.x Teching is pretty hard.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I can say as a crasher, apparently, TPs loathe a pretentious crasher. They will go to great lengths in order to make the crasher look like a fool, or give him some indirect objective, like targeting one of them, generally the best of the TP.:applejack:

Just noticed, Gatlin edited. I lost, very bad.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Might be able to play Brawl again! :D (Maybe)

I'm either getting a new wii or borrowing my friend's :D

Can't wait to crash parties again :D

I also want to face some of you guys if I'm not all rusty.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I'm starting not to care much for TPs anymore. Nowadays, I just want a straight out brawl and if I gotta be the **** in the group to get what I want then so be it. I thrive on TPs anyway. They're what makes Brawl fun for me.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I'm starting not to care much for TPs anymore. Nowadays, I just want a straight out brawl and if I gotta be the **** in the group to get what I want then so be it. I thrive on TPs anyway. They're what makes Brawl fun for me.
Yeah, you know, in all honesty, think how boring Basic Brawl would be without TP's... In mine and, I'm sure, a few other select person's opinion, anyway. =P

MechaWave

Smash Champion
TPs are an interesting part of online. Nowadays it's just boring. It's extremely common, actual fighting is nonexistent, etc. It was nice back in the early days when it was a rare occasion, and sometimes constantly fighting wore you out too.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
In all honesty I like when it is balanced out. Especially when you have good opponents. Then use the TPs to cool down or as a break and fought only if you have a crasher. It takes longer for me to tire out of FFAs that are with friends and without crutching items to aid anyone. I still don't care for team battles. I don't have myself programmed to fight them and for very long.

:phone:

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Nowadays when I run into FFAs, they're comprised of noobs and scrubs. 1v1 fights with decent players or getting teamed on is much more fun.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Your right about the FFA mostly being bad players and with items on. In the rare chances you get a FFA with all good players in my experiences they last for quite a while. Often times if one or 2 players leave they're replaced by bad players with items usually...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Nowadays when I run into FFAs, they're comprised of noobs and scrubs. 1v1 fights with decent players or getting teamed on is much more fun.
This. Although, I still enjoy going Giga Bowser every once in a while and scaring the **** out of some noobs, whether they're TPers or FFAers.

And I've managed to most TPs *coughs*demandsglory*cough*

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Wow, im getting pretty salty playing TPs now, cant even stop an ike from spamming fsmash or QD >_<
I'm done with TPs for now. Once i get them, i d/c

Sephy95

Smash Lord
The bad thing about getting all good players in an FFA is that they seem to be satisfied after just one win and leave. The noobs are too stubborn to leave after getting scraped from my boots which is what I admire about them actually.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
The bad thing about getting all good players in an FFA is that they seem to be satisfied after just one win and leave. The noobs are too stubborn to leave after getting scraped from my boots which is what I admire about them actually.
The former is true, as I can relate to that. I'm usually satisfied with just one win, then I tend to leave abruptly, following the game. I'm pretty certain it isn't universally true, though this is pretty accurate.:applejack:

It would also seem as if people are captivated by idiosyncrasy amongst a group. Generally, I stay near the ledge as Ike, and wait for people to come to me. Once lured, I take a stock, get more attention, and do as I can accordingly until the game is over. If it doesn't create some doggedness, I just keep trying until I have something, provided I choose to stay in the group.:applejack:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
While that is true I have had groups where nobody left since I can tell we all had a great time and it sure was. It is better than having bad players running around with their little items and winning through sheer luck only.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
The former is true, as I can relate to that. I'm usually satisfied with just one win, then I tend to leave abruptly, following the game. I'm pretty certain it isn't universally true, though this is pretty accurate.:applejack:

It would also seem as if people are captivated by idiosyncrasy amongst a group. Generally, I stay near the ledge as Ike, and wait for people to come to me. Once lured, I take a stock, get more attention, and do as I can accordingly until the game is over. If it doesn't create some doggedness, I just keep trying until I have something, provided I choose to stay in the group.:applejack:
I do the same. Its the only way I can get anyone to actually fight in a fighting game. I used to try looking for an excuse to engage one in a fight but I really don't care anymore. If I find a dull group lacking in action, I create some action and the rest follow in.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Just dominated some crashers today... I even managed two 0-135 chain grabs in the same game while having an Ike ditto. He got read so hard. Then I taunted while he failed to tech. ;)

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
It's so weird. I think I walked in on my first taunt party? Except nobody was taunting....

I joined an online match and the other 3 players were just standing there, occasionally moving. Then at Sudden Death two of them walked off screen.

What was even more weird is the people were Mario, Zelda, and Link. I was Peach..and then they split up into "couples" and just stood next to eachother. (Mario came to me) xD

Was this a taunt party? - wtf was the point :scared:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Sounds like a taunt party, at least, according to the criteria necessary to address it as such.

Might I also designate that taunting is not always present in a TP. From what I'm coming to understand, excessive crouching seems to signify a TP more than taunting, nowadays.:applejack:

Top Bottom