• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You could've read the OP, oh-so-smart one.
Well, EXCUUUSE ME, 4 asking questions. maybe i just wanted 2 know what a taunt party waz, so go back lurking, i just asked a question....

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
Well, EXCUUUSE ME, 4 asking questions. maybe i just wanted 2 know what a taunt party waz, so go back lurking, i just asked a question....
And that question was answered in the first paragraph of the OP. You obviously didn't put any effort into the finding the answer for yourself, why should anyone else?

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Likewise if I think you're trying to do Snake's codec or something, I won't interrupt you.
Yup, I love Snake's codec trick same thing with Fox, Falco, and Wolf. It's so annoying to finally get Shadow Moses Island and then have the Codec ALMOST working (You can only do the trick once a fight.) then some annoying person comes along and attacks you with a projectile or weak punch.

Those kind of people usually know your trying to have some fun but they just like being they annoyance. Anyway, is there a hack that allows you to do the Snake/Fox/Falco/Wolf allie call MORE than once??

Arcade

Smash Ace
If your partner don't do anything special it sure gets boring fast. Try doing some reverse Hyrule jumps or going under FD(not with easy character li ke MK), doing glitches(going over shadow moses island walls comes in mind...) or using hacks.

Hacks are the best thing you can do. Seriously, try using hacks, they are so much fun :)
Yeah, problem is I know/have done these glitches already... two minutes where pretty much the only things that happen is Jiggs breaking her shield under a ceiling and Kirby doing his stone glitch on Pictochat is just a waste of time to me. If you were actually allowed to fight each other in taunt parties while this was going on without apparently deeply offending everyone to the point that they would go out of their way to annoy you, it would be more fun.

I still have only run into one taunt party with hacks (they picked Target Test stage one, then I got disconnected for some reason).

Late response is late.

Mortal Kombat 666

Smash Rookie
hey man! wen ppl tunt me i git mad realy mad i dont lyke it cuz they make fun of u then i jus go into giga bowzer form i kill them! cuz they make me mad!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Dang, i hate taunt parties, but i was apart of 1 4 days ago xD
It was 2 :olimar: 1 :toonlink: and 1 :falco:
That falco's life is scarred forever, too bad i was falco :(

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I love playing Taunt Party games, like taunting all at the same time or getting some Kirbies, G&W's and Captain falcons to crouch in tune with the backround music. Or having me (blue kirby) and a pink kirby eat an Ice climber and try to mimic the blue. That never gets old, lol.

Bynine

Smash Cadet
Depends on what mood I'm in. If I feel like beating the crap outta some people, then no taunt party for me. If I'm in a better mood then sure, why not.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Someone in the hospital getting radiation is not gonna be spending his time playing Smash Bros...
Don't be so out of touch to stereotype sick kids as miserable souls lying helpless in empty featureless rooms. Hospitals get Wiis, and I assure you it's not for the employees.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
What is the ultimate purpose of taunt parties? Just to annoy people? I usually just crash their party :p
The purpose of TPs is to hang out and have fun, altough I'm sure there are some people who do it to annoy people..

Don't be so out of touch to stereotype sick kids as miserable souls lying helpless in empty featureless rooms. Hospitals get Wiis, and I assure you it's not for the employees.
Yeah well sick or not, if they crash my TPs I'll destroy them :mad:

Bynine

Smash Cadet
Btw, just want to say; A fun thing to do during taunt parties is to jump on the other person's head, and then run away so they can't do the same to you. It's basically tag. You can also do it with grabbing, but this seems a bit more hostile and mistakes might happen.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Btw, just want to say; A fun thing to do during taunt parties is to jump on the other person's head, and then run away so they can't do the same to you. It's basically tag. You can also do it with grabbing, but this seems a bit more hostile and mistakes might happen.
A lot of the people who get grabbed dont like it...

Like me... if I get grabbed, I'll just watch them more closely and probably won't trust them as much... unless I know they're loyal lol.

I feel like when I'm grabbed I'm trapped and useless and can't do anything until I'm free and I just don't like that lol.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I second not wanting to be grabbed. It feels awkward...ESPECIALLY if Snake is grabbing me. <_<

Also, has anyone else noticed how Ike is bad for Taunt Parties?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yep, taunt parties + :ike: = FALIURE, my friend tried to get involved in a party, he got killed 3 times b4 1:00 passed

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Yeah. But I actually don't like Ike being in Taunt Parties mostly do to the fact that

1. Party Crashers take advantage of his bad recovery
2. He ends up KOing other Taunt Partyists on accident, making them attack him in a rage, lol

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Taunt parties are ok, I use to really like them when all I did was play on Vs Everyone. But crashing them is... so fun. I can't help it, it's like you're a lone wolf, against the world something bla bla.

I do consider not crashing the party though, if there is a Zamus is the crowd.
They're almost always up to no good, if you know what I mean.
Don't know what I'm talking about? What?

Zamus' crawl is... hilarious.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I always have a good laugh when it comes to Taunt Parties.
Especially how they start xD
All you gotta do is crouch a few times or just spam a taunt
and when you accidentally hit them
you crouch a bunch of times as a way of saying "sorry"

I don't mind taunt party crashers (considering i'm one of them at times)
it's sometimes fun to gang up on them
and also when you crash a taunt party
it helps alot with 1 vs 3 matches xD

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I always have a good laugh when it comes to Taunt Parties.
Especially how they start xD
All you gotta do is crouch a few times or just spam a taunt
and when you accidentally hit them
you crouch a bunch of times as a way of saying "sorry"

I don't mind taunt party crashers (considering i'm one of them at times)
it's sometimes fun to gang up on them
and also when you crash a taunt party
it helps alot with 1 vs 3 matches xD
I dont like to be in taunt parties, but if i get bored, i will.
I know what to expect, what to do, Yada Yada Yada.
Crouch in time with the music, some one instead tries to fight, 2 people go and beat their ***
1 person in the background, either taunting or dancing....
I just hate it when something you do makes them THINK your a party crasher...
I did, Got killed 3 times b4 the match ended, and they wouldnt let me join back in the taunt party :(
Lame....

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
I dont like to be in taunt parties, but if i get bored, i will.
I know what to expect, what to do, Yada Yada Yada.
Crouch in time with the music, some one instead tries to fight, 2 people go and beat their ***
1 person in the background, either taunting or dancing....
I just hate it when something you do makes them THINK your a party crasher...
I did, Got killed 3 times b4 the match ended, and they wouldnt let me join back in the taunt party :(
Lame....
What you did to them do not let you join back? If you killed someone, let him jab you then die.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I think ganondorf is best for crouching in time with the music, on FD, when FD(Brawl) Music is playing, i just have wayyyy too much fun xD

@Anonymous Brawler: Yeah, i always knew their was somethin about the guy i killed jabbing me, then he ran to the ledge and jumped up and down, i walk over to him, hit him, then i had 2 meta knights on one ganon, it was a nightmare :cry:
Thanks for the info!

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, crouching with ganon is one of the most fun things to do. I also like to do the luigi ladder. Once I did the reverse hyrule jump but at the end my friend fell to his doom while I landed on the stage XD

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I think ganondorf is best for crouching in time with the music, on FD, when FD(Brawl) Music is playing, i just have wayyyy too much fun xD

@Anonymous Brawler: Yeah, i always knew their was somethin about the guy i killed jabbing me, then he ran to the ledge and jumped up and down, i walk over to him, hit him, then i had 2 meta knights on one ganon, it was a nightmare :cry:
Thanks for the info!
You STILL haven't read the OP, have you :mad:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You STILL haven't read the OP, have you :mad:
Oh, you again, your still on my case?
Wow, we were just having a fine discussion, were you lurking this whole time?
and no, i STILL havent read the OP, you got a problem with dat?
@ Anonymous Brawler, Yeah, i do it all the time with my friends, we will pause mid match and say,"Lets Dance!"
And begin crouching in time with the music, pure fun...:laugh:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I know, but whats the point of free posting about taunt parties if its unreal?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Dont worry, you didnt, rather than yelling @ me about the OP like skippy there...
:)

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
You know that the music isn't the same for everyone online, right?
Yes it is. Using my music swaps (aside from the one that only works if you're the host, anyone got a button activated one?) causes a desync.
When you choose a stage, and that stage gets picked, your music settings apply to everyone. So if I choose Smashville and I have my music set to only play Go K.K. Rider, that's what everyone will hear.

Arcade

Smash Ace
Yes it is. Using my music swaps (aside from the one that only works if you're the host, anyone got a button activated one?) causes a desync.
When you choose a stage, and that stage gets picked, your music settings apply to everyone. So if I choose Smashville and I have my music set to only play Go K.K. Rider, that's what everyone will hear.
Really? That's strange.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Wario is my favorite taunt party character.
Funny taunts, a crawl, just funny looking, and nothing can compare to that sudden pause in the party when everyone else realizes that after your final smash activated, you did an aerial... And another aerial. And still another aerial. That your aerials have no end! That you are flying beyond the upper kill zone and still going ever higher...
Ahhh, bliss.
...Until it wears off, and you gently float down like an overweight, but slightly graceful, ugly butterfly.

Top Bottom