• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tasmanian SSBM/Brawl Thread

jazblack009

Smash Ace
Len wins being fussy.
Find the pic you want and send it to him Len, eazy enough ^^

It would fix any problems
XD nah its ok i did it i got one big enough sorry it took so long, by far my worst service yet >.<

man jigs was a ***** to make scary but i found a way and here you are ^_^:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/Jazblack009/BooBannerLen-1.jpg

that was the doc one i made btw:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/Jazblack009/BooBannerLen.jpg

if there are any problems tell me :p

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Len, I am all clear to be at Monkey's this afternooon, tell me if thats what is going down.

I also posted it here:
http://channel64.proboards107.com/index.cgi?board=ssbm&action=display&thread=1155252174
cause this is one of the rare occasions it actually lets me log in here.

As far as I can tell teh Dungy is coming up tonight for Smash and giggles and then we are going to Branxholm tommorow to the football.
Who knows what happens next.

len1

Smash Journeyman
so....is it just Mr Phantasmo and ZTV that are coming from the mainland?

Jazblack would you be able to attend?

Sloth

Smash Ace
lol.
Jaz wouldn't have the money. >_<

Check the tournament thread. That is the best way to see who is going.

Marche

Smash Apprentice
Jaz, Get a loan out, Rob a bank, Sell your soul to the devil, Do what you have to do to make it down here. =P

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Hey guys D.J asked me about my post saying i was coming down to tassie.

At the moment im not sure when i am coming but i know i definitely won't be down for BoO :( If i do come down in september it would be later on in the month probably around the 20th.

Ill keep you updated if i get anymore news...

Sloth

Smash Ace
INVICTUS!!!!!!!

You better of said the name loudly, otherwise I won't forgive you.
Plus I am now super jealous.
Where abouts in Tas are you planning on going Scrubs?

len1

Smash Journeyman
INVICTUS!!!!!!!

You better of said the name loudly, otherwise I won't forgive you.
Plus I am now super jealous.
Where abouts in Tas are you planning on going Scrubs?
who is INVICTUS?

yay more mainland smashers:chuckle:

jazblack009

Smash Ace
ROFL at this page

yes we did see INVICTUS and while walking away and explaining to syke who INVICTUS was i could be quoted many times for saying "is it really you INVICTUS?, INVICTUS do you want a drink?" and so on.

lol i would love to come down and be owned by everyone, its a coincidence because I think i've finally decided what i'm going to do for a living and thus what tafe course i can start, pehaps that could get me some time off work because it won't be that expensive

i dunno guys, i would so love to go to tazzy, i <3 the cold
QLD heat kills me :p

INVICTUS

N30N

Smash Apprentice
we will have a scout around and see what we can see in terms of venue and avaliability. i don't know hobart that well yet myself.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Wow this thread exists again.

Well, I guess hobart will have to be it for next time.
For now I am unsure where.. cause I don't know hobart well etc.. etc.. neon posted.

I think sometime in November is best as well. Just as a pretend date for now.

N30N

Smash Apprentice
well i can put like 4 people up for a night or two, but i stil have to check that with housemates (they are pretty easy going) .

and if neeeeeeeeded we could even almost host the tourney here. but then it would have limited numbers, which sucks.

it would be cool to advertise the tourney a bit locally (i.e. university notice boards :) ) and get some random talent + enable the cost to be lower >.>

and yeah. its cool to see new people and check how they play, though its not generally very good >.<

chooker

Smash Rookie
BoO 2.... its such a good name! it just works....

N30N and sloth you should try our original idea for venues... look for halls and such or see if theres any other decent places available to use.

we dont want the cost too be too how now. this tournament was good in that respect and should try to keep it that way but if its unavoidable...

N30N

Smash Apprentice
i just made my list at Channel 64. comments welcome~.

and yeah we will have to have a look at what venues are avaliable sometime soon im sure we will get to it.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Your list/s are quite acurate.

Guess I have to make mine now, as well. :)
...Later.

Its not like we have to go hardcore into organizing already, this should really just be the roundtable discusson peroid.
Like, we don't HAVE to have it in Hobart like we are all saying, its just that we've had the last 3, and I'd like a break from organizing.
That and it'd be cute going to Hobart.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
actually guys i heard scrubs telling me taht he might be going down to TAS for christmas, or around that period...
maybe you guys should consider that in your plans? Scrubs has a sick peach and his falco and doc aint to shabby either

N30N

Smash Apprentice
oo.
will do Jaz, and yeah i'd like to have a tourney in hobart anyway, so yeah doesnt have to be, but would be nice. :)

It would be cool if we could do it before the melb tourney at least, but after school finishes? or isnt that a big issue for you guys ?

len1

Smash Journeyman
Gay

can we have it in launie because my parents wont let me go to hobart

chooker

Smash Rookie
Ouch... that kinda sucks len. But bob is right... it should be a discussion period and it doesnt HAVE to be down in hobart.

But say we were to have it in launceston... what would we do? Munchys house would be too small and i would say my place but that could present problems... and if we were to find somewhere to hire for a night or 2 the price would more than likely skyrocket!

And bob i must ask... what is with the cute thing? cute... cute like a fox! HAH!

Anyway......

N30N

Smash Apprentice
i think you're cute chooker.

but on a more serious note, len you could stay at my place if you had to and your parents could like talk to me in advance, if it would help at all O.o

Marche

Smash Apprentice
Well I cant have it at my place, Caus it just plain sucks, If you had it at chookers, I would not be going, As I would get into a fight with bevan as soon as I seen him. We couldnt expect Bob to have it again, thats asking to much.

I cant really thing of anywhere we could really hire out. Not unless there is a cheap hall or something around. So really the only thing i can think of is having it in Hobart. Seems like the easiest way to have it. You will have to talk to your mum some more len. And I really need to try and find a decent chararacter that I can use. Fox is to fast for me and I SD to much. I could always try Sheik, but meh.

N30N

Smash Apprentice
lets steer clear of that topic please :)

and also, i dont think game and watch is going to see marche's position improve very rapidly. i think trying sheik would be a good start as sheik performs really well at both mediocre and top level. so yeah o.O

sloth is gone to melb now so with any luck (for him not us) he will be even more gosu when he gets back.

N30N

Smash Apprentice
lol. i think he only has 2 matches up on youtube that i know of. and i dont know if any other tas players have any :s

but yeah. if you seriously are that good i would drive down to kingston just to play you T_T~

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Don't worry the gay thing just is a bit of an in-joke involving Bryce and Monkey. :laugh:

Munchy, I still say take up a bit of the Fox.
I did, and I still suck with him, but he improved my speed and reactions and what not.

Just use him to get your technical aspects up.

EDIT:
I had 2 things to edit in but I can only think of one of them. :(
Meh.

http://portal.hobart.tased.edu.au/O...px?CatID=20df9d4a-d148-4908-ba55-25fb61bcc21e
I don't think you guys can register there, but yeah, its a way of possibly gettting more people interested in BoO 2.

len1

Smash Journeyman
try a mid or high tier character like fox or falco or mario even..all i know is that my characters will change for brawl

N30N

Smash Apprentice
well dw about the handicap. but i suppose it would be good to see where you are at. :)

Sloth

Smash Ace
Just come down and play El Sid.
I have improved since that match. I'll take you on when I come back.

Computers won't show much, we need to play you. Puters have no minnndgameezzzz.

Hi.

Top Bottom