• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tap Jumping

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Tap Jump ON is good for people like Marth or Bowser but bad to people like DeDeDe and Yoshi.

TubaMarth

Smash Rookie
i tap jump a lot but i would rather x jump so im trying to get that in the habit now.

now i tap and x jump is that normal?

BMunich16

Smash Apprentice
I'm not even sure why I use tap jump, I kinda just did it starting out and can't switch back over, kind of like me having to have inverted aim on shoot em up games, I just can't switch back :ohwell:

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I use tap jump to shorthop, x to float/glide or use 2nd and subsequent jumps. Never had a problem doing utilt without jumping.

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
I use tap jump on only when im playing with GnW for the Up-B OoS, in all other cases i jump with X and set Y to grab.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Some people find it easier to do jump-cancelled usmashes with tap jump on.

But yeah, I like the fact that it's easier to do stuff out of shield.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
I tap jump to chase with fair when juggling, because it's slightly faster in terms of input (tap jump -> A rather than jump -> utilt -> A).

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i use tap jump for my bowser solely for up oos because it is necessary.i jump with x or y.but i need tap jump for fortress oos

Top Bottom