• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampa Tournament; Twilight Showdown 4 May 26th.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
I'm working with the players on the Gears of War tournament to come up with a set of rules for it. Here's what some of the players have told me so far:

Execution mode, 5 min. rounds, first to 3, double elimination. Maps will be Gridlock, Canals, Fuel Depot, Rooftops, and Clocktower.

These rules aren't final so don't jump to conclusions. lol. I want to have a meeting with all the Gears players so we can come up with a set of rules everyone will be happy with. Thats what I did with Smash and thats what I'll do with Gears and Halo.

I'm trying to come up with a name for the Gears tourny. The best one I have so far is: F.I.S.H and C.H.I.P.S. That stands for, Fighting In Someone's House and Causing Havoc In People's Streets. lol. What do you think? If anybody has any ideas for names of the Gears and Halo tournaments let me know.
Sounds good. The only thing I can really complain about is the Execution mode. The only reason that I think this gametype is bad is because when you get someone down, you cant kill them unless you kill them with either melee, curb-stomp, or chainsaw, making it annoying to have to go over and do this. Warzone makes it so that you can kill them from a distance. Execution makes sniping obsolete because if you don't get the headshot and put them down, you can't kill them with another shot. So there are my two cents on Gears of War.

But what I am most concerned about is the Halo 2 rule set. I play Halo, so I can help a little more.

I would say 2007 MLG rules, but only slayer if it is 2v2, on Lockout, Midship, Warlock. The other maps depend too much on weapon control to make them fun for 2v2 slayer. If it's 4v4, than Sanctuary, Beaver Creek, and Ivory Tower could work. And also the Objective gametypes could be good too for 4v4. Thats all I can think of for Halo 2. If I think of anything else I can let you know.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Regardless of date I will probably show up with Lime and Fred...not that anyone really cares...but it is three extra spots in case things go bad...

Also Lime and myself talked to the guys at cutting edge Clearwater they are thinking about holding a larger entry fee tournament like 15$-20$ and try to inform me about when you all are available in mid june so we can set a date for a tournament (I don't like being the only one there...)

OTRU...

Smash Champion
so yeah june 9th is NOOB 1, we need people to confirm their assistance in order to approve the date so go to the thread n please post to confirm if u can make it, thnx

on a side note june 2nd sounds awesome for my crew, although we dont know if anyone will b willing to drive, cuz my $hitty car certainly cant make it all the way overthere :(, so colin ask either hozie, diego, law or ryan if they r willin to help us out (i would do it personally but im out of the country sry)

fenrir its my fault that colin couldnt assist to TS3, since the other nub tourney was closer i was able to drive there n that was basically the main reason, colin wanted to go to TS3 at first but i convinced him otherwise due to that reason

Hope to see everyone at GIGS may, TS4, NOOB 1... man just realized that ill b smashin every weekend for 4 weekends str8, yay

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
Well lets go for June 2nd for 2 reasons.

1. I can't wait for TS4! The sooner the date the better but less peeps. :ohwell:

2. Less peeps = Better chance of winning! ;) lol jk I love ya all! :p

Besides, if QDVS, Shiz, Rohins, Fenrir, and/or Phanna, are around, then I'm gonna lose.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
IMO, the next TS should be as far away from the next Gigs as possible. Reason being is that I could probably show up to this that way.

I'm hurt Zaromo. You didn't mention Fenrir or that new smasher (CmRoddy I think is his name) in the list of possible winners... ;) jk.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
whoops I forgot about fenrir! *edits*

Don't worry...I fear you too ;)

There were some things I learned by myself in TS3. The 1st thing was to have better control of my character. I did all my techs right but I was nervous in some fights that I was doing just plain dumb mistakes, normal jump instead of short hop, improper placement for attacks, and playing TOO aggressively.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
Just gotta keep practicing. Thats all it takes. But you have definitely gotten better since I first saw you at TS1. So keep it up.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
Its all about the exp points :p

Smash is like a real life RPG to me. You only level up by fighting higher level people.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
You do know I suck compared to just about everyone else here right? it would be like taking alcohol from a passed out bum... but I would be willing to part with 5 or 6 bucks

OTRU...

Smash Champion
hahaha nah im talkin about the free ones... it would sorta be like sharing alcohol with a bum, and gettin mad fvcked up!!!!!!! which is always fun n so r friendlies hehe

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for MM. Anyone want to MM my Sheik? One dollar? I think I'll max at five different matches and see how much I win and lose to determine if I'll play some more.

But my ******** Fox in training is up for mad friendlies if you all want to take a whak at that.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
hahaha nah im talkin about the free ones... it would sorta be like sharing alcohol with a bum, and gettin mad fvcked up!!!!!!! which is always fun n so r friendlies hehe
*whispers to OTRU*WTF man that was my f**kin dinner right there.THANKS FOR RUINING EVERYTHING OTRU!!

rofl!!!i h8 friendlies anyway.still wanna MM bannana/apple/whatever?

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I'm up for friendlies of course..but if someone wants to money match the long haired kid who sucks at life with Mario then by all means take my money... I would prefer friendlies though seeing how I can joke around(Such as me wizard foot spiking, jumping off the level and falcon punching and, fireball spam to hell and back and then to hell again cause I left my house keys there) and not lose my house due to me gambling...

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
Even with me = $5 (i.e. OTRU, C@$H, Bean)

!
lol at OTRU being even :chuckle:

No trash talk intended.

Oh and to SaintAnger. June 2nd sounds good to me. The only problem is that it's going to be the weekend after Gigs again, and I won't be able to do the drive two weekends in a row. I'm in SFL now. So when I have to choose one or the other, than I have to go with Gigs.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
zaromo i never go easy on anyone, sandbagging is not my thing, as a matter of fact i think its very disrespectful. Sometimes i opt to play sheik, which isnt as good as my fox but i still try to play the best. Feel free to raise the price of the MM if u want n consider urself EVEN with me, i wouldnt recommend it tho unless u got a lot better since last time, i havent played u in a long time so i really dont know how much better u got in these past months...

yo cash mooney how about a MM u name the price

so yeah if its june 2nd im def in... any other date is bad for me since there is gonna b a tourney every weekend n thats the only date thats free

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
zaromo i never go easy on anyone, sandbagging is not my thing, as a matter of fact i think its very disrespectful. Sometimes i opt to play sheik, which isnt as good as my fox but i still try to play the best. Feel free to raise the price of the MM if u want n consider urself EVEN with me, i wouldnt recommend it tho unless u got a lot better since last time, i havent played u in a long time so i really dont know how much better u got in these past months...

yo cash money how about a MM u name the price

so yeah if its june 2nd im def in... any other date is bad for me since there is gonna b a tourney every weekend n thats the only date thats free
omg...IF U READ MY TITLE ITS "MOONEY" 2 O's.NOT MONEY.MOONEY!!!!

and im poor.i need money not lose of it.>_>

OTRU...

Smash Champion
ill do that if u agree to play another $5 MM, with no constraints in character selection

sounds pretty fair

friendlies r always an option as well

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
^^ I would if I were confident enough in my skill in the game in general to use any character other than the ones I actually play.

Top Bottom