• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Symphonia

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
heh....ive rented ToS about 5 times.....im gonna get on my B-day.....its an AWESOME experience esp. if ur an RPG fan (im not an RPG fan.....just real time RPGs r my fav)

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
heh....ive rented ToS about 5 times.....im gonna get on my B-day.....its an AWESOME experience esp. if ur an RPG fan (im not an RPG fan.....just real time RPGs r my fav)

The Dark Lord Ganondorf

Smash Apprentice
Tos is a great game. Second in its genre only to Skies Of Arcadia Legends which is the daddy of GC rpg's. Games a bit too easy, nice graphics though. Genis can become stupidly powerful if you give him the right items and unlock the stronger magic.

CO Cheddar

Smash Cadet
ToS, eh? Good game. It's not my favorite RPG, but I like it a good deal. The gameplay is really good, and while there are some parts of the plot I don't like, that's pretty much true with most RPGs I play.

As for other modes... well, I tried a Hard Mode game and it never really got off the ground. I should try to do one sometime; I really like challenges, and it would give me a good reason to replay the game.

supersonic72001

Smash Cadet
I have the action figures. They make em of all party members exept Rein and the blue haired guy. I gave the specil versions of Sheena and Zelos to my sister. Specil edition of Lloyd has the Material Blade.

This is what I have:
Normal versions:Lloyd, Preses, Sheena(comes with the dog like summon), Colette, Genis, Zelos and Kratos
Specil versions: Lloyd, Colette and Genis

I'd prefer specil Krato over specil Colette. But life isn't perfect.

I also have the reservation artbook. I have one of the liphographs from Gamesstop too.

I beat the game with all of Lloyd's weapons.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Looks worthy of a rental. Plus I can't turn down a good RPG for the GC... Actually it's the only RPG for the GC (Besides Paper Mario :ohwell: )

Master Brandybuck

Smash Cadet
Um, AngeloBangelo, thou hast forgotten Baten Kaitos, Pokemon Colosseum, LOTR Third Age, FF Crystal Chronicles and Skies of Arcadia. Now that that's out of the way..

Ack! TOS action figures?! How awesome is that?! Instant birthday present for my friend next year!! Thanks!

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I loved TOS!!! I played it through about 4 times. Maniac was pretty tough in the beggining especially because you don't have Raine and you are used to having her. I was a little dissappointed that Lloyd never uses his angelic abilities but w/e. He kicks a** even without special powers. Still I love his wings at the end of the game. The game was alot of fun especially when I messed around with the characters and came up with some semi-infinite combos with them. (Semi-infinite because after 50 or so hits the enemy will fall to the ground automatically and you can't combo any further but you can still tack on a full party group attack for alot of extra damage.)

Yeah this game rocked!!! Although I hated having to choose between Zelos and Kratos. Oh well. Oh yeah the music was great too. Especially the song they play when you fight a summon monster. The song is call Fighting of the Spirit and it is an awesome song. Too bad I sold my TOS after my 4th play through. Actually, I think I'm gonna buy that back as soon as I get my pay check

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
I've been playing this game a third time through recently. I've done everything except fight Abyssion and Maxwell (although I missed Sword Dancer 2 so I can't do Neiflim anyway).
I have over 85% of all the items in the game and 95% of all monsters have been recorded. And I have all of the Costumes except for Genus, Presea, Rega and Raines swimsuits.
Go me!
Honestly, it's just really addictive. I have no idea what I'l play once I've finished everything.l

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
Hmm....I finally beat Abyssion on Mania not too long ago and I did Neiflim...I think I beat Abyssion at around level 120...It was a tough battle, though.

fiercedeitylives88

Smash Rookie
I'v played alot of rpg's and
this is by far my
favorite .

for an rpg it has an amazing
replay value and
the style of play never gets old .
especially te fact that you could play with
your friends.

fiercedeitylives88

Smash Rookie
Ignignokt said:
One thing I thought could of been better, was the Imposter Group. I know that there are optional scenes about them, but I would have liked them to be more important to the story.
ya I totally thought my first tite through that
they would have a little more significance

But maybe they would have ruined the
amazing storyline of tales.

we'll never know

Tempest 01

Smash Journeyman
I have beaten the game 8 times, and am on 9 time through it. This game is actually my 2nd favorite game of all existence (check "favorite videogames" thread). has any1 beat that?

I play as Genis as much as possible. So its better for multiplayer and pelting pple with spell a long ways away is fun :).

The ONLY trouble i had was beating Kratos (1st) in mania mode with 10x experience. I was swithcing characters every 5 seconds to keep them alive.

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
TOS is one of the best rpg's I've ever played in my life! The game's storyline is so engrossing and original, and it has so many freakin' plot twists in it (I love those) :love:.

Master Brandybuck

Smash Cadet
You play Genis? I'm impressed. Genis was always my worst (him and Colette) cuz if a melee guy gets in your face you're pretty much dead. But i guess on your 9th playthru you do need some variety...

Tempest 01

Smash Journeyman
do you know "spell charge" ability for Genis? That helps. I play as him since game 6.

Hey, swith [G]enis for a p and see what you get.

Edit: samael, one of my friends on the Nsider chat: "It's like a flipped out version of the Bible!" lol. Is a very good storyline.

DemonHost

Smash Apprentice
I remember renting this game a while ago when it first came out, but I haven't really touched it since then. But like an hour ago my friend let me borrow his copy of ToS, so I am going to play it sometime when I get home, I might work on Conducter when I get home instead.

FlameSuzaku

Smash Cadet
I thought Lloyd was going to call the tree, "Symphonia" >>;;.Guess not. I got the game over a year ago, can't remember much of it now as i completed it in about 2 weeks.

Thomaat

Smash Apprentice
ToS is probably in my top 3 favorite games. I finished it in about ten days. I was sóóó addicted. Especially after I reached the major plottwist(i guess this topic is spoilerfree? :p).

The Swordsman

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure it it happened to you guys, but sometimes when I run into a monster, there's this evil laugh that occurs before the battle starts.

Falcomaster16

Smash Journeyman
I love ToS. It's one of my favorite games of all time. The voices are great, the battle system is action packed, and the cutscenses are phenomenal. I like how the characters say the name of the move when they do it. My favorite move sayings: "Lightning Blade, Super Lightning Blade"-Kratos Aurion. "Holy Lance"-Yggdrassil.

MegaKirby9

Smash Apprentice
If there is a bright center to the Universe, I'm i
I play Lloyd and Zelos, and my sister plays Genis. We always team up against the Mania-difficulty Abyssion... got to be the hardest boss I've ever played, ever. Speaking of Abyssion, this game has more than what most RPG's have: sidequests. If you want an RPG with sidequests, this is the #1 game right here. (At least, that I've played) No wonder it takes two GAMECUBE discs.

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
Tempest 01 said:
:urg: I don't think we find out what he named the tree, but that makes a lot of sense...
Sources tell me that he named it Yiggdrasil, because apparently this game is the prequel to Tales of Phantasia, and apparently there is a tree named Yiggdrasil in there.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
D-20 Dice said:
Sources tell me that he named it Yiggdrasil, because apparently this game is the prequel to Tales of Phantasia, and apparently there is a tree named Yiggdrasil in there.
Yes, I don't think the tree would be named symphonia, but instead Symphonia was the name of the two worlds when they were together (they were together at some point right?)

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
Yeah, they're re-united at the end after they kill Mithos.
But I thought the world was still called Gaia.

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
Is Abyssion the last boss, or was that mithos?
wasn't yiggdracil, one of the characters in it, the guy with the blue hair and the leader of the fake desians?
I havn't played it in a long time, and I have forgotten a lot

FireBomb

Smash Lord
My, this thread is rather old...

Yeah, no word if it will be seen anywhere in America, though. The only Tales game that can top Symphonia would be Tales of the Abyss. If you haven't played one, play the other. And if you haven't played any, then get out there and play one already!

Synch

Smash Cadet
I doubt it'll come out in America, but people can always translate it, so~~

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
To comment on the tree's name mentioned earlier, it wasn't named after "Mithos Yggdrasill", but after "Martel Yggdrasill" u noobs. There is an obvious connection between Martel and the tree...

Top Bottom